I"S

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
S-dono after thinking about it some more. I think another factor why i had issues with it was the release took forever to come out. Long waits in between episodes can sometimes sway you when you felt the episode came up short. Thinking back i did like the few episodes but I just couldn't buy into the final episode. If there was ever an episode that could ruin the whole thing for me then I think it was that episode. So S-dono maybe you are right maybe it is a good series but it's just my own personal digust for that episode that makes me so hard on it. I just thought him learning karate from the book or whatever was just one of the unrealistic parts of the final episode. Just didn't like the setup especially the roof fight. Well we can wait for Barbo and the others to watch it and get some more feedback
wink.gif

Yeah i'll agree with you there actually. I mean i've seen similar things where guys don't understand there limits and force themselves onto girls. But never to the point where they'd actually go up onto a balcony, in a public place and try and kill them.

I mean if Seto (if i got the right name) was really determined on stopping the issue i'm sure he would have told her or the police!

The series was funny, and i have to say if this series has ever made me feel so empathetic for a guy, who isn't weak willed or minded for that. Then this would be the one.

I think that was why i liked this actually! coz' the guy was a strong character and his actions were somewhat believeable!

Well I just finished watching the whole thing about 5 minutes ago.

For the most part it was an alright romance series. During the first 5 episodes I didn't think it was great or amazing. It was an ok romance that I'm kinda happy how eppy 5 ended. But then I saw episode 6. It really seemed like they tried to give it a dramatic ending, but they just didn't have the time to do it so they had to squish it into one episode. It mainly hurt from not having enough episodes and I think it would have been better if they could have at least made it a 12 episode series cause then they wouldn't have had to rush the ending so much. It started off with the right kind of drama I think with Seto being pressured to break up with Iori by the manager. I was kinda expecting that, but then it began to get a bit farfetched. Seto taking it upon himself to secretly protect Iori behind the shadows just seemed kinda stupid to me. First off he should have went to the police about the website and then told Iori or her manager about it, although I'm not sure if the manager would listen and I don't know if the police would have actually taken any action solely based on a website like that. Second, it was all just too sudden. I think they should have broken up in the episode prior and he should have found the website that same episode and then devote the last episode more to the whole protecting Iori. Then when Seta went into a coma and they let Iori talk to her over the phone, I didn't like how he woke up after telling Seto she loved him. That was way too corny for me. I don't think he should have woken up until at the very least a day or two of Iori staying in the hospital by him.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Mar 27 2007, 12:39 AM) Well I just finished watching the whole thing about 5 minutes ago.

For the most part it was an alright romance series.  During the first 5 episodes I didn't think it was great or amazing.  It was an ok romance that I'm kinda happy how eppy 5 ended.  But then I saw episode 6.  It really seemed like they tried to give it a dramatic ending, but they just didn't have the time to do it so they had to squish it into one episode.  It mainly hurt from not having enough episodes and I think it would have been better if they could have at least made it a 12 episode series cause then they wouldn't have had to rush the ending so much.
That's what happens when a 14 volumes manga got compressed down to 6 episodes. Seriously...if they were to completely anime the whole story of the manga, even 26 episodes might not be enough.
The problem with the ending is that it used the same ending as the manga, while many things before were too rushed and lots of things that happened before the dramatic ending were skipped (including a few main characters and some important events), therefore it's very hard people see the tension since they were unable to show as well as the manga on how deeply Seto love Iori and the sufferings he gone through after Iori became an actresses/idol.
If you want to appreciate this title fully, you really got to read the manga.

I got about 1/3 of the way through the manga before I quit. I was getting kinda bored with it and just found myself not wanting to read it anymore. But I didn't realize that was the actual manga ending. They really did cut out a hell of a lot of material to fit it to 6 OVAs. The OVAs kinda make him out to be a bit creepy though in my opinion because they don't really show them going out much and they don't show how much he truly loves Iori. So in the anime when it gets to the point where he is watching her from afar to protect her it gives off a slightly more creepier vibe since they didn't show them going out at all as a couple. You lose the development of the relationship that would lead him to do drastic things like this.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Mar 27 2007, 01:39 AM) The OVAs kinda make him out to be a bit creepy though in my opinion because they don't really show them going out much and they don't show how much he truly loves Iori.  So in the anime when it gets to the point where he is watching her from afar to protect her it gives off a slightly more creepier vibe since they didn't show them going out at all as a couple.  You lose the development of the relationship that would lead him to do drastic things like this.
Yea I understand what you mean...it certianly would give off that kind of vibe for people that only watched it but not read the manga. I don't have that problem because I already know about the characters fully, and is only watching this is as an omake.
Anyway, the manga is actually very good. I understand you are bored after reading 1/3 of it...I think it's may be you are not so much into serious drama at the moment. I would suggest you to get the manga a 'revisit' may in a few years time...your taste might be changed/more matured by then.

It's not that I'm not into serious drama. I actually love series that get very serious like that. I'm not sure what it was about I''s though that I just stopped. Maybe I'll come back to it though after a while and finish reading.

QUOTE (SuperSawyers @ Mar 26 2007, 10:02 PM)QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Mar 26 2007, 08:38 PM) I'd say this is amazing! I'd actually call it a masterpiece.

I finally gotten round to watch this series. After watching the first episodes i really wasn't very enthusiastic about it. Not bad but certainly not the greatest. But what happened..i have to agree with SuperSawyers. It does get better and in doing that it has become one of the better ones around in this type of anime in my opinion. I wouldn't say amazing or masterpiece but absolutely a must for the romance or drama..indeed it could have been much better yet if they just made a complete series of 24 episodes. Let's hope they make the series again but this time with enough episodes to not have to rush it..

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back