how to make animated GIf?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
I have tested it, Virtual Dub is perfect for extracting the frames (after downloading a MFW codec) but i would rather use Image Ready then Gif Animator from microsoft because my GIF that i made with that is slow and it shocks a little (with 0 sec interfal) then i use the same frames and settings in Image Ready (also with 0 sec interfal) no problem (doesn't go slow and no shocking) I don't know if it works for others but for me it isn't working (i am using Windows XP pro SP2 it should work according to the site with no problems)

ImageReady is a part of photoshop so you need photoshop and that is not for free.

oh well thanks for the help if anybody know any free good working gif animator please tell me
smile.gif

You could try the free trial from here

i want a gundam seed character .gif kinda thing....any volunteers making me one?

Maybe W6 can make it for you if you poste which character, which episode and the play time for the frames.

yeah i'm hoping to get something like a slide show thingy like MKK's previous avatar, the one where he had shuffle char. and that meta word. i wanted the .gif file featuring kira, shinn, athrun, cagalli, lacus, and lunamaria. it doesn't really have to be from episodes, just from pictures. i'm hoping that the whole thing would last about 10-15 seconds?

hmm i use ulead programs myself....
i use the ulead video editor to cut out the actual part i want from the anime..
then i use the ulead gif animator to save them as pictures..
then i use image ready...

I just use Vdub then edit the pic's in photoshop and create the animation in image ready.

I personally use Ulead Software also (Can't afford Adobe software quite yet). Ulead GIF Animator works well enough, along with PhotoImpact for editing. I made my sig GIF with those programs (granted, they are from still images rather than from a clip.)

If you're making a GIF from a movie clip, I would advise going through frame by frame and deleting the similar/duplicate frames after you convert it to GIF. AniGifs weren't exactly designed to provide super smooth animation unless you keep the resolution and/or file size small, or keep the animation simple. It might be just too big/complex.

Most times when i make a gif from a movie clip i throw away half of the frame's because you don't need them most of the times. Only problem is if you need more then 20 frames, the file is most times to big for a avatar unless you cut down the quality alot.

Use Virtual Dub to extract the frames, and then use a gif animator (like image ready) to import folder as frames.

I use blaze media player to extract and edit some stuffs. then use a GIF animator or some sort to turn it into an avatar (hence mines.)
dry.gif

I made my first animated gif from a bleach episode (result my avatar) it's only 11 frames, size is 100 by 75 and the file size is 27Kb.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back