Homework Help

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
I can do the another half of your homeworks ONLY if it^s sth like hmm.... let me think.... hmm..... argh I am a loser, i confess. post scriptum. I would need much help whit my mathematics, but those homeworks are in Finnish. So I think it would take ages to translate them into English... It¨s hard to try to translate them if u dont even understand what is the question. LEt me know if some1 understand Finnish or live in Findland. Thx!

I forgot this board existed! I guess i need a bit of help aswell and asap! Can someone please help me think of a good torture device in which the victim would stay alive, so i could write my english coursework which needs to be a 1 or 2 page story. PLEASE! because i need it for thursday or i'll get a U for not being able to hand it in
sad.gif

QUOTE (SuperSawyers @ Dec 05 2006, 10:43 AM) I forgot this board existed! I guess i need a bit of help aswell and asap! Can someone please help me think of a good torture device in which the victim would stay alive, so i could write my english coursework which needs to be a 1 or 2 page story. PLEASE! because i need it for thursday or i'll get a U for not being able to hand it in
sad.gif

Well, you could use the water torture thing. Mythbusters did something on it as well, and it seems pretty harsh. I forget where the torture comes from, but for some reason my mind references to 'Chinese Water Torture' but don't take my word for it...

The water tortue is a setup where water is constantly dripping onto your forehead while you are restrained for long periods of time. It doesn't seem like much, but the worst part about the torture is your entire body being restrained. you can't move much near an inch anywhere, and with water dripping onto you, your skin may start to itch, yet your arms are bound as well. When you are moving your entire life, and suddenly become bound into hardly any movement, your mind may eventually scream agony from the immobility. It's hard to stay still and not be able to do anything, and then they add the dripping water. Genious non-fatal torture device, though hellish it may be since it is torture.

There goes my option. Try looking up the mythbusters and maybe they might have a summary on the myth that you can reference to. Don't forget to do your own proper amount of research on the subject yourself. What I typed is what I 'think' I remember of the torture setup and reponse. And you can even say Mythbusters had a hand in trying the torture themselves and found it can be a real torture.

Or.. you could watch Higurashi no Naku Koro ni O_O XD (contains pulling off own nails/ hitting nails in every finger/and other creepy stuff)

But wow.. weird subject though. And it has to be 1-2 pages about one kind of way of torturing? Mental torturing would be worst to me though... like hypnotizing and driving ppl's minds insane. o_O

and refering to Kimbo's post: I could aways use some help on different subjects.. but translating the terms to english costs way too much time me. So I figure it out myself or ask my teacher the next time I see him. =_=

lol. Well for my coursework i need to write a creative writing piece about a lady from a book who has gone to jail for being in a sexual relationship they weren't supposed to be in. In the book you find out that the man who she was having sex with got tortured and you need to something similar with the woman so i was wondering if anyone had any good ways to torture.

QUOTE Or.. you could watch Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Do you know how scary that is... i just started downloading it about 30mins ago!

QUOTE Well, you could use the water torture thing. Mythbusters did something on it as well, and it seems pretty harsh. I forget where the torture comes from, but for some reason my mind references to 'Chinese Water Torture' but don't take my word for it...

I think i'm going to use that actually that torture could be written about so well and it's got my creative juices running
laugh.gif

Thank you Noshi and Soi

SIDE NOTE/B]

Anybody care to read my work and... underline any spelling mistakes, poor paragraphs and other boo,boo's i made with my work
tongue.gif

i was thinking there was a topic of this already but when i looked i couldnt fine one. I am in need for some help for 1-2 people i have to interveiw people about anime. I am not all the way ready to start interveiwn but if i can at least fine the people first ill be happy and contacted you asap about the interveiw.

For the interveiwee.
  • Must not mine giving name
  • Have a lot of knowlegde of anime now and past
  • more to come later
Thanks,
NTD (Tony)

Merged with existing thread.

edit: please cant some one help me?

I'm doing a enlgish ISU (Independednt Study Unit) and need to find 2 books which are related in some way by like having a similar theme or problem, etc. Can anyone reccomend 2 book's which are high in literature, not too long, they need to be read in around a couple months, but not too short either, I'm in grade 12 as well so keep that in mind. I'd say 300-500 pages maximum, and 100 page minimum. But exceptions can be made.

So far I've picked Treaure Island and The Hobbit, since they both discuss about people hunting for treasure as the main story.

Well, it would really depend on what kind of stories you're interested in! Like, I know in my grade 11 class we were all assigned similar books for an assignment. Some of them were Ender's Game, 1984, Brave New World, and A Handmaid's Tale. All of them are about a society which as strict rules in place and many people are oppressed. While Ender's Game can be adult-literature, it is also classified as YA. It's also science fiction. I'm sure you're familiar with 1984/Brave New World since most highschool's do an Orwell novel (I think ... at least here). A Handmaid's Tale is the one I did for my assignment, and it was quite fascinating, a kind of alternate universe America. Of course, at least in Canada, a lot of people might complain about having to read Margaret Atwood
tongue.gif

Ya I do know a bit about Brave New World, I even have the book at home but never read it lol, we never did it in school either. Well, I like adventure books, science fiction books, btw the books must be fiction. Interesting books chii, I'll give em a wiki search
wink.gif

Hmmm, been a while since I last used this thread lols

Anyways I'm taking a programming course using C language at my University. I got a midterm this friday and got a quick question, do any of you know how to convert floating point decimal values into binary? I googled this and searched eveywhere, I even found this link:

http://babbage.cs.qc.edu/IEEE-754/Decimal.html

But I still dont really get it=/ If any of you have experience in floating point conversions I'd really appreciate it if you could help me out.

Heres an example of what I'm asking for: Convert 25.76 into Binary, something like that:)

I have these C, C# 2005, and C++ ebook pdf file that can be of assistant...although me cant help any further lol....

QUOTE (Kansatsusha-sama @ Feb 02 2009, 11:05 PM) I have these C, C# 2005, and C++ ebook pdf file that can be of assistant...although me cant help any further lol....
Oh thats ok, dont think I'll understand much from e-books lols Thanks anyways.

This concept doesnt require programming skills but mainly theory, I understand how to convert whole numbers like 230, -95 into binary and binary into whole numbers. The floating point conversions a little tricky though o_O I gotta hunt down my prof and get some help
tongue.gif
lols

QUOTE (langes01x @ Feb 02 2009, 11:26 PM) What sort of course is it that wants you to convert floating point? Usually if you can convert decimal it is good enough. If he just wants you to use C code to "convert" it then you just have to change the way the program looks at the floating point variable.
Thanks a bunch for the link, should be very helpful I found a decimal conversion one but couldnt find a good floating point conversion calculator
biggrin.gif
, the course I'm taking is general programming with C. I'm not working on a program but we are expected to know how to convert by hand floating point to binary as well as decimal to binary and vice versa. Our 1st midterm focuses more on the theory rather than actual programming sadly.

QUOTE (InuyashaX @ Feb 02 2009, 10:37 PM) Thanks a bunch for the link, should be very helpful I found a decimal conversion one but couldnt find a good floating point conversion calculator
biggrin.gif
, the course I'm taking is general programming with C. I'm not working on a program but we are expected to know how to convert by hand floating point to binary as well as decimal to binary and vice versa. Our 1st midterm focuses more on the theory rather than actual programming sadly.
We had to cover that as part of my Janurary exam, so if you want i canupload the poiwerpoint presentaions we used to help you understand what to do?

Ah, I had to do this last semester (except we had to write code that did the conversion in assembly languages! X_X) Well, if you've gotta know it by hand for a test, then a calculator probably isn't going to help you. The process of turning a decimal value into a floating point is fairly straightforward, especially if you already know how to find the decimal representation in binary. (honestly, I'd need to brush up on my binary arithmetic to do that stuff again).

But if you can get to that point, then it's not bad. The first bit is just a sign bit, 0 if the number is positive, 1 if it's negative. Now, you just move your decimal point to be right after the 1st '1', this pretty much gives you the scientific notation for it (well... in binary). So, what you do now is count the number of times you moved the decimal point to the left (count negative if you move it to the right), and this will give you the exponent. Now, just add 127 to that, and write that value in for the next 8 bits of the floating point. (the reason you add 127 is to allow you to have negative exponent values. Weird, but you've just gotta remember it). Now, to fill in the rest of the 23 bits left, you write out all the numbers in the decimal number you wrote down right after that first '1' value. With all that information, the floating point has enough information to know exactly (well, with accuracy issues) what decimal value you have.

Yup... pretty straightforward... though the whole process really sucks. If you can remember what the 1, 8, and 23 bits need to hold, you should be in good shape. It's just really easy to get messed up with all the arithmetic. I can assure you that after this class, unless you're going to get really hardcore into hardware design, you with never, ever use this knowledge again. Though it is kinda cool knowing how a computer can decode all this stuff. At any rate, that's about all the help I can give, as complicated as it all is. Good luck with the test!

Thanks for the help egg and to everyone else as well. My prof ended up explaining it all in class, turns out I just need to know how to convert binary to floats and not the other say around. And yea I do know I'll never ever be using Binary again in my life lols Its such a trivial thing, dont understand why they still teach it. In previous years at my university they didnt teach it but for some reason they decided to do it this year.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back