Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Damn, they're OVA's. I guess that's better than nothing.

Its probably obvious to say but I really want to see Saikoroshi-hen. Considering the space between releases they could be lengthy episodes? Maybe. That's wishful thinking at best.

And lol@topic description.

So the 1st DVD of Rei has been pushed back 2 months from December 25, 2008 to February 25, 2009. So much for a Higurashi christmas present
dry.gif
Luckily, the second OVA is planned for March 25, 2009, but I'm not keeping my hopes up as that was the old date and is the most important OVA since it starts the official epilogue of Matsuribayashi-hen (or that's how it was planned)....may be the reason why the 1st DVD was pushed back, in terms of marketing purposes.

Think of it again if Shame Exposing chapter really happen ..... it total game over for Rika since she fail to take Keichi assistance.

Keichi total narcissist ......
ph34r.gif

To busy to admire himself rather helping other .... I can't imagine what will happen.

Plus, Miyo, Chie-sensei and Shion showing the arsenal of their trademark. Seriously, do you want to get needle, T-squares and stun gun assault. I have enough with stun gun but needle and T-square ..... that was hell.
tongue.gif

Well I think this first one gave me a good laugh. Rena is actually considering on taking that home?!  Rika was awesome in this episode, she owns Keiichi and says lots funny things.  She seems like she actually wants to see Keiichi become a narcissist seeing how she always seems happy when talking about it.  And Hanyuu has her god hax.
laugh.gif

The animation in this episode was pretty good so I'm looking forward to seeing the stuff in the Daybreak chapter. The next one should be good too since (chapter spoiler) Rika waking up to an almost perfect Hinamizawa where no one died, so Keiichi never moved there.  It's a more serious arc so maybe it'll bring up the tension again like in the first two seasons. Roughly one month until the next release.

Thankfully someone did get around to subbing this. I have to admit I think this is more along the line of it being another average day Hinamizawa. Not only that but it was funny to see the girls wanting to make Keiichi strip, and not only that, but I can actually believe that Rena is a total closet pervert when it comes to him.

Also, it was funny to see that Hanyuu is still in the mix even though she didn't have a corporeal form in this episode like she did in the last chapter of Kai of course.

Oh and one more thing I liked how they did kind of a homange to Ciel with Chie-sensei with the curry bit at the T-squares. Purely classic.
tongue.gif

I dont know why but I get the feeling there was a previous season to this show that I've missed.
However I just love/fear that little blue haired loli. SO KAWAI
wub.gif
SO EVIL
unsure.gif
laugh.gif

I have one very important question to ask: Where DID those 2 pull the syringes and T-squares out from?
blink.gif
or do I even want to know?
I totally feel for the poor guy though in some ways:
1) I wouldn't want to wear the swan briefs either
2) It's kinda disconcerting having a mass of girls trying to get you
3) It's so not funny having a girl trying to take your swimming briefs off in a public place

QUOTE (Gustav1976 @ Mar 06 2009, 11:52 AM) I totally feel for the poor guy though in some ways:
1) I wouldn't want to wear the swan briefs either
2) It's kinda disconcerting having a mass of girls trying to get you
3) It's so not funny having a girl trying to take your swimming briefs off in a public place
Ok to answer that in order:
1.) He did the swan briefs once beofre in the first or second season, and vaguely remebers it.

2.) That's only if those girls are trying to humiliate you just for the fun of it. In which case it's prety much every time he's with them and he tends to lose badly in the games they play.

3.) Of course it's not funny it's halairious.

As for Rika well she is the town's living diety if you will, and is the one who kept trying to change her fate for over a 100+ years or so. In any case you would get an aditude as well if you went though the same things she did in the first two seasons. Besides it's highly recomended to see the first two seasons since you'll understand most of what is going on.

As for where they poulled those out from I have to go with one of the Anime Laws of females here, pretty much if they have any kind of clothing on they can pull it out pretty much anywere you can think of.

I still don't get the draw for this series. How many times can they play the same story with a different twist? I quit after episode 16 of the first season. Watching the same story with a slightly altered ending 4 times in a row was enough for me.

Well first off the first season was basically most of the "Question" story arcs. While Kai was pretty much the "Answer" arcs. Although they did include the Satoko story arc just to get her POV of what was happening as a bonus of course.

In any case the second season what more along the line on how to fix the question arcs, and what was really happening at those times.

Somehow I sense the ironic in the op and end song. Ahhh !! Refreshing the memories of Higurashi.

Somehow it cure a bit since I feel so mess up since I see it Live-action movie. I mean in live-action, their image totally different. Example, Tomi is smoking and skinny.
laugh.gif

Err, you think Miyo is playing safe. There might some 'serum' in the needle.
ph34r.gif

Tomi handle a stun grenade with his chest, look differently and see beam go out of his chest.
laugh.gif

Yamainu lurking around or just bunch of pervert, what they doing in the pool anyway ?

Seeing in this, I understand Daybreak will more dangerous since everyone show their weapon.

Finally, Rika-chan give me your swimming suit !!!!!
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Mowerman @ Mar 07 2009, 02:58 AM)I still don't get the draw for this series.  How many times can they play the same story with a different twist?  I quit after episode 16 of the first season.  Watching the same story with a slightly altered ending 4 times in a row was enough for me.

Then I guess you can't grasp the Higurashi storytelling style. You can see what Kid- Wolf saying about the series. This mean the episode describe different world or setting that the event happen in that ark is different possibilities but there some case tell on different eye view ike Shion part or Akasaka part.

I always love the first episode of an arc in Higurashi. They're hilarious. Well, until things start getting freaky. Then it's just pure awesome, but of a different, darker kind. This chapter was even more hilarious. I mean, stopping that gi-normous bullet with his chest? A dozen people with black scuba diving gear going completely unnoticed in a public pool? The Soul Brothers? It was all so freaking funny.

Of course, Rena-chan's bleeding perv nose while expressing her desire to omochikaeri Keiichi's parts was the icing on the cake. Once more, this show proves that you can have fiction that successfully blends comedy, drama, psychological suspense, supernatural themes, and more, and make it work.

About the appeal of Higurashi...well, either you like it or not. Personally, I adore time loops, and have been madly in love with them ever since The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask for the Nintendo 64. If you craft a plot that reveals its true self slowly via (non-boring, mind you) repetition, and always make the player/spectator/reader wonder whether or not what they're being shown is real or if it connects to something else and how, then it has the potential to be great. Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni manages just that. I like it. I find a special enjoyment in complicated stuff, you could say xD

The first thing I personally noticed was the amazing OP... I love Eiko Shimamiya's music so much, and this is just pushing the bar up further... cannot wait until the single comes out. Maybe if I am lucky also a PV!!!

biggrin.gif

Indeed it was Kit-san. It seems a lot more fun then the Cat Killing chapter. Although seeing the girls in their swimsuits it's a wins over then just seeing Mion in a cowgirl outfit, and Keichi in that bunnygirl-like outfit.

Never the less at least the swan briefs made a comeback though.

Also, the next 3 episodes are actually like the Rei are while the very last one will be more like the Daybreak game. I wonder if it would be worth translating that fighting game at all or not.

Ok so the Dice Killing Chapter is basically a big "what if" breakdown. Basically the bast exuse it to start another chapter by "killing" Rika off. It seemed that the pervious episode was more along the line of after the June incident.

It seems tihs time around the Dam Wars never took place, Satoko isn't on friendly terms with Rika, Irie and Takano aren't here along with Keichii, and Rena is being called Reina. Although what's kind of strange is she still has her psycho side which doesn't fully add up.

The only problem is she has no idea what's going on since there is noting for her to do. Talk about a messed up roll of the dice for this work. Also, I'm looking forward to the next OVA episode.

Just started watching this series and I learned that this is already the 3rd season. Im DL now 1st and 2nd season. Does this have some ecchi moments? I noticed that its a loli.

QUOTE (softbanker @ Apr 02 2009, 09:18 AM) Just started watching this series and I learned that this is already the 3rd season. Im DL now 1st and 2nd season. Does this have some ecchi moments? I noticed that its a loli.
No real ecchiness for this series. Pretty much loli combined with crazed psychotic killing, a surprisingly good and intriguing combination.

Indeed this is one of those phycho animes that actually includes the happy fun school time with it. It also, gives rise to how many times you can kill off people as well and just press the so called "Allmighty Reset Button."
tongue.gif

Basically the first season is the question Arcs, while the second season is the remaining answer Arcs along with a bonus arc though Satoko's eyes.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back