Hataraku Maou-sama!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Dammit, I gave in and watched episode 06, which was great and it really really sucks that I have to wait another week for the next episode as a new character in the form of a neighbour is joining the gain in Japan, Earth.

Lol, I'm glad Lucifer is being looked after by Maou and Alsiel, he's like the younger brother for the 2 guys.

Man, I hate it when you have got to rely on an anime because the light novels are either not translated at all or not far enough because I really want to know what happens next.
wink.gif

I like this show. It's like a crossing between Senki Makai Disgaea and Sword Art Online.
Hero Emilia does resemble Asuna-chan a lot! I love how super cute she is in the fashion that she really wants to be around the Overlord at all times, although she'd never confess it as of anything than suspicious reasons. She's still adorable. I love that people misinterpret them for being together. That's so sweet. ^__^

The Overlord was really cool when he owned Lucifer in the last episode! Though apart from that he's too casual really. I know that having a human body does take its toll on your Overlordness, but he seem to have almost given up on Ente Isla about now. =/
And Lucifer is just some lazy douchebag. I'd thought him to retake his place as a general under Satan's rule and fall into a similar role as that blonde guy who follows the Overlord around. But Lucifer merely acts as a spoiled douchebag merely mooching off the Overlord's hospitality. That's just rude, especially since their relationship back on Ente Isla. He should receive some kind of demonic death penalty really.

Though I have grown real fond of this series and I do hope for a somewhat less hostile future for Hero Emilia and Overlord-san. ^__^
It was sooo sweet in the second episode when she cried upon his door when they refused to let her in. That was the most heartbreaking scene yet in this whole show. >_<
She's a bit too cute to be a hero though.

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Apr 11 2013, 09:40 PM)QUOTE (julezia @ Apr 10 2013, 04:29 PM)QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Apr 05 2013, 03:21 PM)I'm interested to see if this becomes a now-typical harem comedy, or if they'll stretch their "creative legs" a bit and actually go for something more. (I'm really hoping that they go for something more this time instead of settling once again for the now-tired harem formula!)I hope it doesn't turn into a harem either, and honestly I don't think it will. There might be a little love-hate theme going on with Maou and Emilia, but that's all I can see happening at this point.Yeah, I'm not getting the Harem-vibe from the setting, for which I am eternally grateful. (It's waaay over-done lately, for my tastes.) What I DO see happening is a kind of sad love triangle between Chi-Chan, The Overlord, and The Hero.
QUOTE (Silendris @ May 10 2013, 06:25 AM)I like this show. It's like a crossing between Senki Makai Disgaea and Sword Art Online.

Though I have grown real fond of this series and I do hope for a somewhat less hostile future for Hero Emilia and Overlord-san. ^__^er sorry my friends but with the debut of Suzuno i have to officially declare this series as HAREM ;p not sure if Sadao's boss or that landlady are interested on him too, so i'll not add them yet ¬¬ too bad ill Ashiya didn't have much screentime because of a heatstroke but that stairway is deadly enough for both demons and heroes xD ...about the scythe-eyelaser-thief in ep.7 I don't think is Suzuno because the voice sounded like a guy so could it be another Maou's general? o_O if that's the case, then Lucifer and Olba weren't the only ones behind those robberies but it was good to see Emi in contact with Emerada from Ente Isla sending her magical potions
tongue.gif

QUOTE I don't think is Suzuno because the voice sounded like a guy so could it be another Maou's general?
Not trying to say I know who the masked man is but I dont think it is a good idea to judge only by his voice. Changing to low male voice is a pretty simple things to do for the professional seiyuu. Also, since he is wearing a mask, the staff got a legit reason to 'mask' his/her voice with computer. So I dont think you can simply judge by his voice. However, I do see similarity in the attacker eyes colour with Suzuno's

I personally am expecting it to have actually been Suzuno. Height matches, ignorance of glass doors, then you throw in that logical church executor ability of being able to nullify sacred power along with a scythe as a weapon?

A secondary thought is it could be Lucifer after recognizing the magic in the "genki drinks", but I don't think he's so airheaded as to smash into a glass door.

QUOTE (Norren @ May 17 2013, 09:29 AM) I personally am expecting it to have actually been Suzuno. Height matches, ignorance of glass doors, then you throw in that logical church executor ability of being able to nullify sacred power along with a scythe as a weapon?

A secondary thought is it could be Lucifer after recognizing the magic in the "genki drinks", but I don't think he's so airheaded as to smash into a glass door.
Norren I agree with you I think its no doubt Suzuno

I'm really enjoying this series Chio was hilarious when it came to the homemade box lunch

So I haven't watched anime for almost a week and this is the first series I go back to for "catching up", it would be One Piece but the latest isn't up (or is it?? lol).

Anyways episode 07 was hilarious and when Emi phoned Yusa at the end about Maou getting that bento from the new girl and Emi's reaction with a simple and confused "huh?" was perfect. You know the female manager oF McR's I hope she's from Enta Isle as well, there was a close up of her in this episode entering the fast food chain before having the "manager talk" with Maou....that close up, gave me the feel there's more to this that meets the eye and I have a feeling she might have been the one that attacked Emi, I was thinking it might be the new girl from the Church but she's far too short to be the attacker or maybe I'm completely wrong.

Anyways episode 08's preview suggested we'll see more of Lucifer in action and possibly as a businessman, which I hope is the case. Also the NewGirlxLucifer, that would be nice to see, since she loves bossing him around.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ May 19 2013, 03:24 AM) Anyways episode 08's preview suggested we'll see more of Lucifer in action and possibly as a businessman, which I hope is the case. Also the NewGirlxLucifer, that would be nice to see, since she loves bossing him around.
laugh.gif

Haha I agree with that
smile.gif
I think they'd make a great couple, and hope they steer the story in that direction rather than having her go after Maou.

I actually don't think it was Suzuno that attacked Emi. When she talked to Emi one on one, she thought Emi had figured out who she was and was giving her pointers. She seemed to admire Emi, though I do remember that her orders were to take out Emi as well. For now though, I just think she's more concerned with the demons.
I'm wondering if shes poisoning their food and that's why Ashiya is actually sick? I'm also thinking she put something in Maou's bento...
And yes Chiho freaking out was hilarious, especially her desperate phone call to Emi and Emi's reaction to it was lolz

QUOTE (Norren @ May 17 2013, 10:29 AM)A secondary thought is it could be Lucifer after recognizing the magic in the "genki drinks", but I don't think he's so airheaded as to smash into a glass door. It could be Lucifer as well, because if he leaves the house he does have to conceal his identity, and purple seems to be his colour... maybe he did figure out the mystery behind the vitamin drinks and was putting it to the test?

It could be somebody totally new and unfamiliar with this world too, because you're right that it's doesn't seem like Lucifer to be airheaded.

QUOTE (aquaspirit39 @ May 17 2013, 03:29 AM)QUOTE (NecroRyu @ May 16 2013, 06:15 PM)I don't think is Suzuno because the voice sounded like a guy so could it be another Maou's general?Not trying to say I know who the masked man is but I dont think it is a good idea to judge only by his voice. Changing to low male voice is a pretty simple things to do for the professional seiyuu. Also, since he is wearing a mask, the staff got a legit reason to 'mask' his/her voice with computer. So I dont think you can simply judge by his voice. However, I do see similarity in the attacker eyes colour with Suzuno's
QUOTE (julezia @ May 19 2013, 10:20 PM)QUOTE (Norren @ May 17 2013, 10:29 AM)A secondary thought is it could be Lucifer after recognizing the magic in the "genki drinks", but I don't think he's so airheaded as to smash into a glass door.It could be Lucifer as well, because if he leaves the house he does have to conceal his identity, and purple seems to be his colour... maybe he did figure out the mystery behind the vitamin drinks and was putting it to the test?

It could be somebody totally new and unfamiliar with this world too, because you're right that it's doesn't seem like Lucifer to be airheadedas Julez and I though Suzuno aka Crestia Bell from Ente Isla isn't the one who attacked Emi as she explained that herself in ep.8, also i dont think she's lying because i watched ep.7 again and looks like there wasn't only one but two guys... one of them apparently wasnt strong and smart but the other one hidden behind a car wielding a scythe was tougher, maybe that suspicious Sentucky manager is one of the Inquisitors sent by the Church to kill her ¬¬ btw here's the full OP single
"How can these people fit inside such a thin box?!"
laugh.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ May 23 2013, 06:01 PM) as Julez and I though Suzuno aka Crestia Bell from Ente Isla isn't the one who attacked Emi as she explained that herself in ep.8, also i dont think she's lying because i watched ep.7 again and looks like there wasn't only one but two guys... one of them apparently wasnt strong and smart but the other one hidden behind a car wielding a scythe was tougher, maybe that suspicious Sentucky manager is one of the Inquisitors sent by the Church to kill her ¬¬ btw here's the full OP single
It would seem our ignorant girl is cleared. I also have to jawdrop at having MISSED THE OBVIOUS hint the same way Emilia did. That was a beautiful piece of misdirection and double entendres.

In any case, a line during Emilia and Crestia clearing things up and Chiho's later commentary set up the Sentucky manager as the culprit- "She doesn't smell of the paintball". "He reeks of that awful cologne".

Next episode needs an epic magic vs sacred power battle on the streets between the two fast food chains.

Also, hurray, Zero!

Well, the harem effect seem to have been evaded for now. That's a relief! I guess it was about time for Hero Emilia to get an ally. Though I still hope for our hero and the Overlord to become a couple. That would be fantastic! =D

Episode 08 was just too short, I wanted more lol.

Suzu going shopping and seeing a TV for the first time and her struggle against the pre-paid card train machine (like a Oyster machine), were brilliant moments of this episode.

I think Chi-chan is a nice character but I just really don't give a crap what happens to her and for the most part, I would like her to stay away from the story but I know that's not going to happen since the group requires a "Human" from Earth.

The Sentucky manager was jokes, in the previous episode I thought it was Lucifer all dressed up. However, I reckon him and Mayumi (the MgRonalds manager) have a past...I hope they do because I want to see their "reunion" but I'm pretty sure if it was to happen, it would be like for a few minutes and not a focal point for any particular episodes.

The only problem with this show currently is that it will be finished in 5 more episodes, it might get a 2nd season but we will most likely have to wait for it, I think the remaining episodes will focus on who attacked Emi and possibly finding out who he/she is and possibly having a fight against the person.

QUOTE (Norren @ May 24 2013, 01:56 AM)QUOTE (NecroRyu @ May 23 2013, 08:01 PM)as Julez and I though Suzuno aka Crestia Bell from Ente Isla isn't the one who attacked Emi as she explained that herself in ep.8, also i dont think she's lying because i watched ep.7 again and looks like there wasn't only one but two guys... one of  them apparently wasnt strong and smart but the other one hidden behind a car wielding a scythe was tougher, maybe that suspicious Sentucky manager is one of the Inquisitors sent by the Church to kill her ¬¬ btw here's the full OP single
It would seem our ignorant girl is cleared. I also have to jawdrop at having MISSED THE OBVIOUS hint the same way Emilia did. That was a beautiful piece of misdirection and double entendres.

In any case, a line during Emilia and Crestia clearing things up and Chiho's later commentary set up the Sentucky manager as the culprit- "She doesn't smell of the paintball". "He reeks of that awful cologne".

Next episode needs an epic magic vs sacred power battle on the streets between the two fast food chains.LOL their mutual misunderstanding was hilarious but Ashiya's 'company' story (in other words Ente Isla's conquest) was just priceless in ep.9 xD, I missed his witty comments and frugal tendency while he was sick these past episodes without mentioning Rika is falling for him (another couple to ship ^^)... as we though most likely Sentucky's manager is the one who attacked Emi by: "When a lady shows a moment of weakness that is when men make their move, please be careful" o_O also Suzuno glared quite suspiciously at Maou ¬¬ was he using magic to attract people at MgRonalds?
tongue.gif

I totally want to see the Rikashiya-maru set sail after this episode, more than any other ship implied or otherwise so far. It would be the ultimate in Emilia torture with how Rika would inevitably try to set up double dates. Especially after provoking Maou to test him.
laugh.gif

I'm curious what has Suzuno on edge. I also suspect someone set up a glamor on the bamboo plant on account of the purple light flickering right before everyone started pouring in. But given what we know about demonic power, all of the Ente Isla players barring Suzu and Emi actually have a motivation for invoking such a spell - Maou for business. Ashiya out of loyalty, Urushihara out of "you guys are being stupid about this"... or the church faction to gather more sacred power in one spot. (Demonic power is attained by gathering despair... and we've already seen Emi absorb some of Rika's positive feelings as sacred power once... so the sentucky friar churchboys could've actually glamored the tree to gather sacred power to prep for a confrontation.)

Or maybe I'm overthinking it and she just can't stand seeing Maou serve humans/doing well.

Regardless, next episode pv features Suzu in inquisitor garb again! Hilarity must ensue.
biggrin.gif

This episode was kind of useless as it gave us nothing! It was like a stando in the show where everything just froze for half an hour. A "new" girl was kind of introduced and the whole episode circulated around her and her impressions while everything else came to a grinding halt. Except minor advancements of MgRonalds.

Pretty much this was Emi's friend trying to figureout what the exact relationship is with her and Maou-san. Pretty much this kind of fleshed out how each girl tends to feel over Maou-san.

Still I have to say that I'm surprised that Ashiya made up that story about how he and Maou-san were co-owners of a small construction company and Emi was thier rival.
tongue.gif

Although the manager from Sentucky makes me feel like there more to him than meets the eye. I want to say he is a member of the church or something of the sort here.

Although I have to admit that Chiho-chan was rather cute this episode. Heck even when she said that thier burgers were bone free made it where people though she said the most cutest of things there.
tongue.gif

As for the glamour bit at the end it could be that Maou-san did cast something on that tree, or someone else did it becuase of the look that Suzu was giving when she noticed the glamour spell going off.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ May 31 2013, 07:12 AM) Although the manager from Sentucky makes me feel like there more to him than meets the eye. I want to say he is a member of the church or something of the sort here.

You know Woofie-san, that blue hair is very telling as are the mysterious shades the Sentucky "manager/employee" sports.
rolleyes.gif
The girls consider him to be a "grimy" sorta fellow as he attempts to fawn over them but he must have nefarious reasons for doing so unless, of course, it is just to sell more breasts and thighs.
tongue.gif

Love the sly background music that plays every time he shows up...suits the mood. Perhaps all the so-called "mystery" won't amount to much but well, we shall see.
wink.gif

I reckon the Sentucky manager is either the guy who attacked Yusa or is just a red herring, I think it's the former since the attacked used his eyes to "Imagine Break" Yusa's Holy Magic.

Episode 09 was jokes, Ashiya's Construction Company Conquest tale was hilarious and is quite helpful in explaining Yuse and Maou's relationship to others.

I guess Suzu noticed the abnormality in the Bamboo tree's decorations, I'm not entirely sure it was Maou's doing though.

In the preview, it seems Suzu either takes a bite in something that's either utterly delicious and tingles her nerves or eats something revolting and wishes she had never had the thought of actually taking a bite or spoonful of it in the first place.

QUOTE (Norren @ May 31 2013, 05:29 AM) I totally want to see the Rikashiya-maru set sail after this episode, more than any other ship implied or otherwise so far. It would be the ultimate in Emilia torture with how Rika would inevitably try to set up double dates. Especially after provoking Maou to test him.
laugh.gif

Haha I totally agree. I love that Ashiya finally has an admirer because he is such a character!
QUOTE (NecroRyu @ May 30 2013, 05:55 PM)but Ashiya's 'company' story (in other words Ente Isla's conquest) was just priceless in ep.9 xD, I missed his witty comments and frugal tendency while he was sick these past episodes without mentioning Rika is falling for him (another couple to ship ^^)... Another reason to love Ashiya, I loved that comparison! A very clever method to explain Maou & Emi's relationship to somebody completely oblivious of magical worlds. I missed him being out of the action too, and I loved how he blew his cover and starting protecting his Lord when Emi was bashing him
tongue.gif

Hmm as for Suzu's glare, I think it is because somebody did put a magic spell on that bamboo tree. However, I do not think it was Maou, or anyone in his faction. I bet it was the Sentucky team in order to put Suzu in action after Maou.
Also we know that the Sentucky manager was probably one of the guys that attacked Emi, but what about the other one? Still a mystery it seems....

2 hours ago!
Come on, wonderful subbers and finish it already!
I MUST WATCH! >__<

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back