Halo 3

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
You know. I may not have a 360 But I'm getting this game just for the hell of it!
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Shinobu's_Lover @ Sep 10 2007, 09:15 AM) You know. I may not have a 360 But I'm getting this game just for the hell of it!
tongue.gif

Since you would spend at least 60 dollars for a game you can't even play then I'd think you would have the money to purchase a 360 as well.

Um well guys i don't know when HAlo 3 on ur country'sside will be launching but here in Singapore it will be on 24th of September.....11 more days........

(I hate it when it's not on X box man!)(Ps:Why are there so little people in Singapore playing X box Online?!)

QUOTE (smokie @ Sep 10 2007, 05:41 PM) Since you would spend at least 60 dollars for a game you can't even play then I'd think you would have the money to purchase a 360 as well.
I have $60, but i don;t have the $400 t obuy a 360. Like i said im getting the game for the hell of it! I'll get a 360 eventually though.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Shinobu's_Lover @ Sep 13 2007, 11:44 PM) I have $60, but i don;t have the $400 t obuy a 360. Like i said im getting the game for the hell of it! I'll get a 360 eventually though.
tongue.gif

LOL y are just getting the game when u don't have a 360?
huh.gif

In my opinion u should just save up then buy a X box 360 Halo 3 edition!-I know they will be coming out 1 soon!(Ps i think its on sale at Auctions)
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (cohpro @ Sep 13 2007, 09:42 PM) LOL y are just getting the game when u don't have a 360?
huh.gif

In my opinion u should just save up then buy a X box 360 Halo 3 edition!-I know they will be coming out 1 soon!(Ps i think its on sale at Auctions)
biggrin.gif

but if Shinobu's_Lover follows you're advice Shinobu's_Lover wouldn't get to play halo 3 for even longer, because A, the halo 3 edition xbox costs more, and b, it doesn't come packaged with halo3 lol. Its a collectors item.

QUOTE (Clowd @ Sep 13 2007, 11:36 PM) but if Shinobu's_Lover follows you're advice Shinobu's_Lover wouldn't get to play halo 3 for even longer, because A, the halo 3 edition xbox costs more, and b, it doesn't come packaged with halo3 lol. Its a collectors item.
BINGO! I get the game as a collector's item that i can eventually play when i get a 360.

Oh wow, about 2 days ago i was freaking out because i lost the receipt for halo 3 pre-order and wow.... i was stunned i thought i was going to kill myself. Just kidding of course, but i really did lose it so.. i went too the store i bought it from; and what do you know it was under my name.
smile.gif
what a relief i thought i would lose sight of getting my halo 3 copy
biggrin.gif
. it's September 14th about 10 more days to go.

QUOTE (cohpro @ Sep 12 2007, 11:31 PM) (Ps:Why are there so little people in Singapore playing X box Online?!)
this is mostly due to the xbox, and xbox360 being succesful mostly in america, and the UK.

More of the asian contries tend to have a preference towards the ps3 or wii.

Which is unfortunate because then they don't get to experiance the glory that is halo 3
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Clowd @ Sep 14 2007, 11:00 PM) this is mostly due to the xbox, and xbox360 being succesful mostly in america, and the UK.

More of the asian contries tend to have a preference towards the ps3 or wii.

Which is unfortunate because then they don't get to experiance the glory that is halo 3
tongue.gif

Yes the Xbox has not done that well in Asia. The Japanese seem to be most stubborn in resisting its awesomeness. Then again I guess they are just supporting their homegrown systems. The same reason is why some Americans like myself are supporting the 360. Its ours. Its us sticking it to those jerks at Sony.

But yeah ten days till the North American release. 9 till I get in line. Midnight release so sweet.

I just learned the Halo 3 action figures are being done by McFarlane Toys aka makers of the Spawn action figures among many other sweet offerings. The figures are being made to a six inch scale the Master Chief is 5 while a Brute is 6. I'm really happy about the scale since I feel the previous figure were made at too big a scale.

Is the anticipation building for anybody else as much as it is for me? I'm freaking out. Next Monday can't get here soon enough so I can get to the mall and line up. Then when midnight hits grab my copy, rush home, and play all night.

QUOTE (onimike @ Sep 19 2007, 11:55 PM) It just sucks that the week after its release is midterms week.
lol hahahaha
laugh.gif
to bad onimike is what I would say if u have the game but have to study.

If anyone have the game please speak ur mind about it I am really interested in hearing the opinion's of those who have played it cause all the fuss about this game me and my friends had a argument and I said it's gonna be crap so please speak ur mind.

QUOTE (onimike @ Sep 19 2007, 11:55 PM) It just sucks that the week after its release is midterms week.
Yeah, right in the middle of your math mid-term test you accidently write "Brute x Force = major headache"

QUOTE (REYOMA @ Sep 20 2007, 07:36 AM) If anyone have the game please speak ur mind about it I am really interested in hearing the opinion's of those who have played it cause all the fuss about this game me and my friends had a argument and I said it's gonna be crap so please speak ur mind.
Well I am certain it won't be crap but its not out yet so nobody has the game. I pick mine up as soon as the 25th(North America's release date) rolls around. So when I get it I'll be sure to post here updating my findings. 5 days and all Hell breaks loose. I can't wait
biggrin.gif

I read this few day's ago what do u make of this or could this be u ?

Weirdos begin to queue up for Halo 3

If Iphone junkies are 'the stupid'

By Charlie Demerjian in San Francisco: Wednesday 12 September 2007, 09:27

THERE IS A FINE line between dedication and mass stupidity. Most XBox360 hardcore gamers are not dedicated, take those lining up yesterday for Halo 3. Yeah, 14 days in advance, they are lining up outside the Metreon in San Fransisco.

If the Iphone line was there to fleece 'the stupid' in line, I shudder to think what that makes these poor souls. Halo is a game, nay a franchise, targeting those too stupid to play a real FPS, the wanna-be drunken fratboy set, the creme de la creme o which is lining up now.

One would think they realize MS is anticipating demand enough here, and will ship about one per 360 sold near day one, making the lining up pretty pointless. That makes lining up almost totally pointless actually. Then again, I was in San Francisco today, I will be going home tonight, will fly back to SF for a week of IDF, fly home, and then fly to Boston and be back before they move 10 feet.

There is dedication and then there is hazing. I don't have any question as to which one this debacle is. µ

I do have a copy of Halo 3 reserved and it is silly to stand outside. However their dedication to a game is not unrecorded. Many games have had a following and many people have stood in line for them AND they probably will not have enough copies produced by the release date. By virtue of the industry's past actions it would seem unlikely that they will have enough copies for everyone. If some people are willing to stand outside for a copy then that is their deal. We all have something we would stand outside for.

QUOTE (REYOMA @ Sep 21 2007, 06:35 AM)I read this few day's ago what do u make of this or could this be u ?

Weirdos begin to queue up for Halo 3

If Iphone junkies are 'the stupid'

By Charlie Demerjian in San Francisco: Wednesday 12 September 2007, 09:27

THERE IS A FINE line between dedication and mass stupidity. Most XBox360 hardcore gamers are not dedicated, take those lining up yesterday for Halo 3. Yeah, 14 days in advance, they are lining up outside the Metreon in San Fransisco.
---

Okay okay okay. WTF? People are already lining up for that game?
This is why I don't like to play Halo online ("Rocket Ninja 2" if wondering) with people like that. Those are the kind of people that are either unemployed, bored, or just plain stupid.
While Halo 3 is one of 4 reasons I got the 360, lining up and waiting for the game isn't my idea of fun unless I have a TV, a 360 and a generator sitting in the back of a pick-up truck. I got work the next morning and I'm sure 30% of those waiting in line do too.
I have better things to do with my time than wait for a game that I'm going to play after work. You see, if I go to work, I'll be more ready for the game by not being overly tired from waiting all night, I'll have more money to afford the game, and I'll be helping the people that rely on me at the office. That only makes sense, right?

Article

There is a link to the original article. Its been updated. The 2 weeks early guys are there to play it on a big IMAX screen. And yeah while 2 weeks might be a bit too much even for that it makes it more understandable.

HERE is the Sony Defense Force take on the same if you want a good laugh. Might not be safe if you have a weak stomach.
laugh.gif

I can see lining up 1 or 2 days early but yeah weeks is a bit much. I'm only lining up a couple hours early and I'm going in well stocked for that. Food, drinks, DS, my friend is bringing his laptop so we will probably watch movies or anime on it. I'll post an itemized list of what I take before I go to the mall on Monday so you guys can see I'm taking this shit serious.

QUOTE (REYOMA @ Sep 20 2007, 06:36 AM) lol hahahaha
laugh.gif
to bad onimike is what I would say if u have the game but have to study.

What? Study? Dude, you should know your priorities
tongue.gif

Anyway, where I live, there has never been a problem of lining up. That's a good thing about living in the middle of nowhere.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back