Hajime no Ippo: Rising

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Which is your favorite fight from previous HnI adaptations?

• Takamura "Japanese Hawk" vs. Bryan Hawk (NC eps. 20-25)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hammer Nao "Gero-michi" Yamada vs. Ippo (NC eps. 10-12)

• Ricardo Martinez vs. Eiji Date (NC eps. 6-8)

• Arnie "Crocodile" Gregory vs. Ichirou Miyata (NC eps. 1-4)

• Kazuki Sanada vs. Ippo (Champion Road TV special)

• Kimura vs. Ryo "The Executioner" Mashiba (1st OVA)

• Takeshi "Naniwa Tiger" Sendo vs. Ippo (S1 eps. 71-75)

• Alexander Volg "Red Wolf" Zangief vs. Sendo (S1 eps. 59-60)

• Date vs. Ippo (S1 eps. 36-37 and 55-58)

• Volg "White Fang's Wolf" vs. Ippo (S1 eps. 47-50)

• Ippo vs. Sendo (S1 eps. 32-34)

• Mashiba vs. Ippo (S1 eps. 26-28)

• Miyata "Prince of Counters" vs. Mashiba (S1 eps. 23-25)

• Ippo vs. Miyata (S1 eps. 2-3 and 6-7)

• None / another match from New Challenger or Season 1

• Total voters
Absolutely hilarious.

Ippo getting a David Eagle autograph on his shirt and running to his coach like a dope only to receive a slap had me in a fit. Then seeing Miyata with it was too much.

Im too lazy to type all the bits I loved but this episode was classic 'Hajime No Ippo' humour.

Cant wait for the superhero vs the villain.

hilarious indeed xD Takamura should be considered a 'supervillain' after leaving Hawk in trauma, a guy capable to kill so he didnt shake Eagle's hand who acted as hero even before the bout in ep.17... but Kimura and Aoki were like nervous sidekicks afraid of getting Eleki's or Papaya's haircuts, that's nothing comparing worthy fights they almost win vs. the serious Mashiba and Imae respectively
sleep.gif

Miyata's cross-counter was sweet to see and I loved it when Ippo said he wanted to challenge him and the crowd were like "who is this guy!?!" and they turn around to find out it's Ippo...hilarious.

lol at their reaction ^^ I guess we'll see that awaited match until Jōji Morikawa decides to finish the manga, most likely before Ippo quits boxing after all those health warnings Yamaguchi told him... too bad a doctor didnt check takamura's eye if Miyata is right because it'll be dangerous against Eagle, great fight so far but can raw force win over strategy? 'boxing isnt chess!' Takamura has a plan
smile.gif

I had a good laugh when Eagle said "Jesus." Yeah when Takamura starts swinging you better be praying.

I cant remember why Eagle didnt target Taka's cut but it was a bloody foolish decision. I also respect Taka's decision to target his cut straight away. ANd like Date and Eagle noted that is what a real pro does. In life there are winners and losers, despite social morality and the semantics of the impoverished...it doesnt matter how you became a winner or a loser...all that matters is the side of the coin you fall on. It is not enough to beat your enemy...you must also crush them. If that all sounds ruthless...well that is what life is. I found this episode to be quite analogous... and when Taka said he doesnt care about testing his strength...he was right. Whoever takes the belt will have confirmation of strength.

I think Eagle didn't aim for his cut because he respects him as the strongest he has faced by fighting fairly, pissed Takamura ''accidentaly'' headbutts his eyelid to strike it and make him fight back... in ep.21 by ''referee! continue the fight!'' he didn't act as gentleman anymore to end this bout epicly, so now that is over do you pals remember from the manga if Sawamura vs Mashiba comes next?
sleep.gif

Hajime no Ippo: Sengo-hen, postwar arc originally told between New Challenger and Rising

Main cast: Genji Kamogawa (鴨川 源二) voiced by Mamoru Miyano and Shozo Iizuka
Ginpachi Nekota (猫田 銀八) voiced by Hiroyuki Yoshino and Ichirou Nagai
Ralph Anderson (ラルフ・アンダーソン) voiced by Jūrōta Kosugi
- -
Yuki (ユキ)
voiced by Fumiko Orikasa
Dankichi Hama (浜 団吉) voiced by Hiroki Yasumoto and Katō Seizō (Sanada's trainer in Champion Road)
Miguel Zale (ミゲル・ゼール) voiced by Anri Katsu and Iizuka Shōzō (Hawk's trainer in New Challenger)
- -
Sengo-hen and official website:

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Jul 03 2009, 02:12 PM)too bad in the last two episodes of this season was skipped the story of Gen and Nekota as boxers (chapters 399 to 414!), hopefully they make it a long OVA (like kimura vs. mashiba) as I don't think a movie is possible without Ippo as main character thereas posted in the New Challenger topic I was waiting for their arc almost 5 years to be animated, so far i'm enjoying it (Yuki FTW!) ^^ hilarious to hear Nekota's old-like -dani since he was young... I'm looking forward to see him vs Anderson tomorrow though Gen told Ippo and Aoki that he beaten Ralf, do you pals know what manga chapters are they going to adapt for the upcoming OVA then?
huh.gif

So the time has come for this series to end. Did it reach the wild giddy heights of Challenger? No it did not but all shounen series have an iconic fight that cannot be topped and Taka vs Hawk IMO will be hard for any shounen to surpass let alone Hajime no Ippo.

Regardless, the series ended on a melancholic high (if such a thing is possible). I fully agree with Nekota sentiments that Ippo is the one that has inherited Kamogawa's will more so than Takamura (and Aoki lol) . The fact that their fighting styles are identical proves this.

Last fight of series had me literally shouting "err ewwww ahhhhhh" because the two punches that Kamo landed was just violence incarnate. I bet that Sargent didnt challenge any Japs after that.

8/10. Don't make me wait another 4 years for a new series.

Kamogawa's Tekken was voted as the most violent "move" in Hajime no Ippo and I would have to agree but that "'Murican" (lol, he deserved the disrespectful version) had it coming.

Overall, the show was a tad weaker than previous season but considering how much joy I get from a Hajime series, this season gets a 10/10 too.

Franzoir, I too hope it won't it be 4 years and I have a feeling we won't have to wait too long.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back