Gundam Seed Destiny

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
currently downloading that haroharo version right now wif BT...ahhh it sure feels good using BT again....

my BT download list is getting huge.. only being able to use it 6h / day and having low upload speed doesn't help at all! i have 18 torrents right now and i didn't add GSD yet
tongue.gif

/jp

Ouch... You've gotta hurry up and get that different host.
tongue.gif
Another thing, have you tried using a local proxy? That might yield better results for you.

~ SP

my problem isn't about downloading speeds -- it's all about traffic. so yeah, a proxy would help but i don't know any.. i know how proxies work but not where to find some portuguese and free access ones..

any hints, anyone?

/jp

as far as i know, it's only about features -- it's supposed to work the same way! azureus (another BT client), for example, allows you to control pretty much everything -- not download all files on a batch torrent, give some of the files on the batch download priority (i usually give a higher priority to the first eps of a batch), define max upload and download speed, both globally and for each torrent, requires only one open port to work.. along with many other things.

the concept is the same though! it's just about how they use it
wink.gif

(and i'm sorry but i don't know the features of neither normal BT and BitTornado)

/jp

About the blue gouf, i read on another forum (emseed.com) that it was the mass production color.

And i really hope those doms are resurrected black tri-stars, and i hope the beat shinn...

Heh, yeah, in the original series, the Goufs were usually blue... I was never a fan of the Black Tri-Stars, they always struck me as a bit too insane for my tastes.
wink.gif
I really like how they are reviving a few of their old concepts, but some new material would certainly be good too.
biggrin.gif

Anyways, it looks like the former Zeon suits are becoming part of the Zaft repertoire, so I don't expect them to be fighting Shinn anytime soon.

~ SP

azureus
smile.gif
it only needs one open port, you can set schedules (i'm only allowed to use BT from 1am to 7am, so this feature is really useful to me), you can give a higher priority to certain files of a batch torrent.. those features alone make it worthwhile. the only bad thing i can think of right now is that it's kinda slow (not downloading things, in terms of interface) and takes up a decent amount of system resources..

i still love it though.. i'm close to having downloaded 100GB with it!

/jp

Yeah, Azureus is certainly my favorite... Global max upload and download speeds, individual torrent max ul and dl... It's also got a lot of customization in there, so if you understand how it works, you can tweak it to get the most out of your downloads.
biggrin.gif
It also runs in only one window, which is certainly nice.

~ SP

it's important to set the max upload speed to about 70 - 80% of your total upload speed, that'll help ya out! if you upload too much you won't have enough room for all the downloads..

all port configurations are done as well, right? (open port on router / firewall)

/jp

yea, my port config. are all done, but how should u set the upload speed? i'm downloading a file right now wif dl speed of 50 and ul speed of 30, is tat ok? but sometimes i find tat azureus is kinda not very stable in speed...sometime i can go from 50 to 20! so, if i'm uploading wif 100kb/s, i should set the mex upload speed to 80? wut about max download speed?

ultima, my operative system includes apache (i'm a mac user), but that doesn't solve my problem.. i need to get a proxy server on a different computer, or else it'll be exactly the same as being directly connected to the internet, regarding traffic..

thanks anyway!
/jp

EDIT:
MKK, you should *always* set your max upload speed at about 80% or less of what your connection allows.. if you have 256kbps upstream, that means 25KBps so don't allow Azureus to upload more than 20KBps. Less than 20 should be alright as well, unless you're downloading many torrents at the same time!

And you don't have to limit the download speed -- if you don't need the downstream bandwidth leave it unlimited and it'll be fine.

How many torrents are you downloading? And seeding? How are your speeds right now?

/jp

currently i set the upstream to 384kbps...and im getting a average 40kb/s...should i set it lower or higher?

p.s. ooohh, i think im starting to understand how the software works...if its 256kbps, then its 25kb/s, higher kbps will have higher kb/s(upload), if its just 1 or 2 torrents i should use 256, if its more than i should use 284 or higher. is tat correct?

Pretty close... Your estimation is off by a bit there, 256kbps is equal to 32KB/s, divide by eight as opposed to ten, although dividing by ten does give you a pretty good amount of headroom for TCP overhead. Also, you really can't increase your upload speed like that... it's more or less fixed.

Go here, and try out the speed test... The site gives you a pretty good reading of your maximum upload and download speeds. It requires an email address, but I haven't gotten any random spam from signing up, except they send me a newsletter about something once every two months or so, it seems clean enough.

After you've done that, set your global upload speed to roughly 70-80 per cent or so of your reported maximum upload speed, and give it a shot. Also, make sure you are getting remote connections (they give you the green smily-face in Azureus), they make a huge difference in speed.

Good luck!
~ SP

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back