Google purchased Youtube

ShadowPony

, formerly known as BAakaTheOne
Kouhai
price tag for Youtube: $ 1.65 billion
ohmy.gif

i guess from now on, Google will be no. 1 in the video market and MySpace will HAVE to do smth.

the main article is here

NineTailsD3mon

-san
Kouhai
whats going to happen to the fansubs that are on youtube?

Clowd

-san
Kouhai
Wow this was soo big that we brought it up in school today.
of course we had some idoit with "whats youtube" (i later smaked him) but yeah my comclusion was is that we can get some of the nice Google video feats (ex:download to psp) on youtube then you could like download anime straight for viewing on PSP XD and the quality wont be too bad cause the psp's screen isnt that big.

DragonSlaughter

-san
Kouhai
NOOOO!!!!! T_T

Google Seriously Sucks...

Bye Bye Youtube... Hello Ads And Half-Assed Videos.

windfinder

-san
Kouhai
Yeah, youtube is going to go downhill. But, doesn't matter, it was going to go anyways. Youtube was eating money like no one's business. It was all a matter of time before they had to sell. It was either they disappear or get acquired, and they go acquired. Good for them, they made some money. All good things must come to an end.
dry.gif

Edit: for small grammatical error.

Cody

-chan
Kouhai
I got to say i carnt see any problems with it at the moment anyway but i am pritty new to it but still seems good.

also on a side not MKK2004-ecchi
your pics are really impressive anf from a great series.

darkdog

-dredg
Retired
google buying youtube probably saved the website.. it's pretty likely that sooner or later someone would sue them, and it would be much harder to resist a massive trial if YT was by itself rather than with google's money and power helping them out..

Teddy

-chi
Kouhai
QUOTE (darkdog @ Oct 13 2006, 05:56 AM) google buying youtube probably saved the website.. it's pretty likely that sooner or later someone would sue them, and it would be much harder to resist a massive trial if YT was by itself rather than with google's money and power helping them out..
and hence google a another step closer to internet takeover...

started a small search engine like altavista or whatever and now, complete takeover in sight
tongue.gif

fourier

-chan
Kouhai
QUOTE (DragonSlaughter @ Oct 12 2006, 08:25 PM) NOOOO!!!!! T_T

Google Seriously Sucks...

Bye Bye Youtube... Hello Ads And Half-Assed Videos.
wtf, the same people are gonna be using youtube, and they're the ones making the video's, not the company. I personally don't care about ads, except the maybe flashing banner ones, but google doesn't use those.

noob

±ⁿ°°ɓ±
Retired
I don't really care, since I rarely visit that website. But I guess it really does suck, if google keeps this up, soon enough they'll take over internet and we won't be able to download animes, then in that case I should start taking Jap. courses and buy a satelite and watch things directly from japan or even, move into japan altogether and watch these damn anime episodes in the darkness of my 6 by 8 (m) room. alone, with an empty stomach.

1.35bilion isn't that much...

TNT

-nii
Retired
QUOTE (NineTailsD3mon @ Oct 12 2006, 08:03 PM) whats going to happen to the fansubs that are on youtube?
Those are going to dissappear along with all other copyrighted videos.
happy.gif

Its to bad and its a surprising move from Google since Yourtube is like a black hole for money, nothing comes out but everything goes in.

xxanime_junkyxx

-sama
Retired
i heard about something like this happeneing! though i still watch the same anime's that i used to on it....i know that they took off FMP, they still have naruto, and from the one's im watching currently, death note, ichigo 100%, inukami, FMA, they're all there...

i LIVE off of youtube..i just watch all my episodes there instead spending so much time to download one episode. i dunno what i would do if youtube took away all the anime! i'd go cry in a ditch and never come out! =(

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more