Golden Time

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Nov 17 2013, 12:56 PM)I did give you credit for that one Necro-Ryu, and continue to bow to you as gif-master supreme. Banzai!
laugh.gif

It impressed me enough to replace my Attack on Titan gif which has stopped working for some reason with it...

If that is just too much worship of your skills, PM me and I will replacelol thnx ^^ no problem keep using the gif as long as you like! that way 'maybe' more people will be interested on Yamato 2199, about ep'8 was fun to see their group date party (sadly Linda wasnt invited... at least to accompany 2d-kun) ;/ only creepy part was Banri imitating Koko as 'Mitsuo's boyfriend', I know he did to get rid of that hottie Reina but what a waste! what if she spreads rumors?
sleep.gif
'

after watching eps 9 and 10 just like Banri suspects I assume that Kouko found his pic with Linda, that must be why she brought a bouquet of roses to "hit him for cheating" like she did with Mitsuo in ep'1... so i think his spirit from the past will take over his body again and make that love triangle a mess, or maybe this will become a harem after all if "Nana" and Chinami have feelings for him too
tongue.gif

As we're halfway through, and I feel we've hit some kind of checkpoint, I want to say that I believe Banri finally has done the right thing and been able to escape his dellusions.
I don't like that the faint memories of his past have been embodied in some form of ghost, like it's a totally different entity. That was just unnecessary and out of place.
And those hints of memories obviously weren't even accurate as he said he longed back to something which didn't exist to begin with. I guess he finally managed to kll, or at least surpress, that ghost and become able to regain more of his consciousness.
And anyway, I doubt Linda-san would like a guy who so easily could've dumped his current girlfriend for someone else.

Hopefully Banri will stop being such a jerk and maybe eventually fall into my grace. It's about due time, I'd say! >__<

Interesting last couple of episodes, I think they have shown that there is more to the Linda relationship. They are both more comfortable with each other, to be seen in such embarrassing clothes and get over it so easily shows they are close.

The over the top photo poses in the club also suggest to be there is some sexual attraction, because there was no hesitation, they had an excuse so therefore they got into it really easily, and maybe something might have happened if they were not interrupted.

I know some people think honestly is *always* best, but personally, I think telling Koko he still gets strong feelings for Linda was a bad idea. Koko cant do anything about it, so all it will do is cause pain for her, and given her personality, its going to cause worry and arguments.

The moment where he goes to Linda, and tries to severe ties and bury the past, shows to me that Linda does have feeling for him, and not as a friend. She was not looking too happy about destroying the photo initially. Only after his speech about forgetting her and being with Koko, did she not only tear it, but rip it into as many pieces as she could. She was hurt by that, and the cut scenes of her saying 'its the opposite' is trying to tell us she loves him, but she is hiding it.

I don't think this will go smoothly, far from it. I think that moment might be the tipping point to motivate Linda. Things could get very interesting. However, I do hope it doesn't go to the the typical harem style and just make a mess of him going round all the girls and the series getting no where.

I'm a hopeless fool for the idea of true love conquering all, so for me the idea of Banri x Linda is the reason I watch. I don't like him stringing along Koko, but I still hope for Linda.

The way they did the brief moment where his old self comes back so easily and then reversed it, like it was to be expected, or it was nothing at all, suggests to me that might be happening again later.

Watched eps 11 and 12 tonight. I actually snorted-out loud when the Miss Monochrome character made a cameo at the party in ep 11! Didn't see any others, but I'm guessing there were at least two or more mixed-in for those of you with eagle-eyes...

Banri's explanation that his memory hasn't returned, but feelings longing for Linda keep returning was a very disturbing declaration. I applaud him for having the guts to say the right thing for once, but I feel for Koko SO much. She's right. "Why would you say that, and what do I do with it?" There's no other interpretation that her inner-stalker can make other than to say, "SEE? All those negative thoughts and doubts that I show you are JUSTIFIED! So there! HAAA!!!"
tongue.gif

I'm really impressed that she didn't crack on the spot. In fact, I believe that if Banri had taken the coward's way out and tried to defend himself or demand to know why she stole his photo, this episode would have ended very similarly to the truly horrific "School Days" anime.

Can you say, "BAD end"?
blink.gif

QUOTE (Maiku_Ando @ Dec 21 2013, 11:29 PM)I don't think this will go smoothly, far from it. I think that moment might be the tipping point to motivate Linda. Things could get very interesting. However, I do hope it doesn't go to the the typical harem style and just make a mess of him going round all the girls and the series getting no where.

The way they did the brief moment where his old self comes back so easily and then reversed it, like it was to be expected, or it was nothing at all, suggests to me that might be happening again later.
QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Dec 26 2013, 05:12 PM)Watched eps 11 and 12 tonight.  I actually snorted-out loud when the Miss Monochrome character made a cameo at the party in ep 11!  Didn't see any others, but I'm guessing there were at least two or more mixed-in for those of you with eagle-eyes...

I believe that if Banri had taken the coward's way out and tried to defend himself or demand to know why she stole his photo, this episode would have ended very similarly to the truly horrific "School Days" anime.Monochrome is an idol created by Koko's seiyu Yui Horie ^^ so her cameo isn't a surprise, also as I expected this series will turn more serious now that Banri's spirit swore revenge to his 'twin' in ep.13... as long as he denies his feelings for Linda it'll 'possess' his body again and try to ruin his life cheating, i guess so by this new OP titled "The World's End" which isnt as happy-go-lucky as the first
ohmy.gif

Attachments

• gscooter.png
    gscooter.png
    230.2 KB · Views: 144
As expected, the ghost of Banri-kun decides to rain on the good fortunes of his corporeal self, being with Koko instead of Linda-sempai. I mean honestly he wants to move on since he pretty much saw Linda as his first love or crush or whatever. Still to hold a grudge since his feelings changed for another girl seemed rather pertty if you ask me.
unsure.gif

In any case it seems that the Dance Club managed to help Koko out when she was too stressed out to even do anything there, but I have to say that it helped cheer her up over her stage-fright there.
tongue.gif

So I had to watch this show because apparently there's a GIRL WHO RIDES A SCOOTER IN IT (thanks NecroRyu). And guess what? She's the best character in the whole damn show. To self-effacing, though. In the first ep, when she "saved" Banri from the Brazilian dancers, she should have just jumped in with "Remember me from the hospital?" And that would have averted everything else that happened in the show. Of course meaning there would be no show, so that bit of melodrama was necessary to trigger an avalanche of melodrama.

Now some random and disorganized thoughts on the show so far:

So, of course Banri was attracted to Kouko, since even though he couldn't remember it, he completely identified with her unrequited feelings towards Mitsuo. So from his perspective, here's this stunning girl who he sympathizes with, and is basically the first girl he really gets to know since loosing his memory. What else could be expected?

Kouko is dearly in need of some serious back-story to let us know why she turned into a person so obsessed with defining herself by her relationships with men.

Japanese Law School must be pretty easy if everyone can afford to blow off classes all the time. The college life seemed much more demanding in Honey & Clover, and that was an art school, for crap's sake!

I don't much care for the personification of Banri's memories, especially if he is actually affecting the world around them in some way. I hope it's just a manifestation of his subconscious that still has access to his memories.

The best end for the show for me would be Banri gets his memories back, lets Kouko down easy and ends up with Linda. Kouko goes off and finds herself and turns into an independent woman, then Mitsuo meets this now mature Kuoko and falls for her. 2D kun stays 2D 4 life!

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jan 10 2014, 02:29 AM)As expected, the ghost of Banri-kun decides to rain on the good fortunes of his corporeal self, being with Koko instead of Linda-sempai. I mean honestly he wants to move on since he pretty much saw Linda as his first love or crush or whatever. Still to hold a grudge since his feelings changed for another girl seemed rather pertty if you ask me.
QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Jan 11 2014, 09:19 PM)So I had to watch this show because apparently there's a GIRL WHO RIDES A SCOOTER IN IT (thanks NecroRyu). And guess what? She's the best character in the whole damn show. To self-effacing, though. In the first ep, when she "saved" Banri from the Brazilian dancers, she should have just jumped in with "Remember me from the hospital?" And that would have averted everything else that happened in the show. Of course meaning there would be no show, so that bit of melodrama was necessary to trigger an avalanche of melodrama.lol you're welcome Accipiter! ;p i think so too but still i like Roboko because she spices the series, like in this great ep.14 "swimsuit special" at Chinami's almost empty house (loved SMBs pipe sound) xD... but i wonder if she really told them the truth about her family (if she still has :/), is LindaxYana the doing of Banri's Stand? by its cliffhanger i bet his next move is that mandatory beach episode
tongue.gif

hell yes it's beach time no matter the rain! lol 2D-kun was so grumpy at first (a normal reaction while driving, 20 mins. looking for his pals) but as soon as Oka-chan arrived his mood suddenly changes... asking her pervy stuff like if she has a sukumizu xD 2DxOka? probably he'll not stay '2d for life' after all, he reminds me Keima from TWGOK ;p at last Phantom Banri regretted being an a***ole
sleep.gif

I hate it when my lost memories affect the weather! That must be why I've been freezing my ass off for the past week. Good thing Banri's are a sentient astral projection that was aware of what was going on to save the from the car crash. I wonder if now that it's broken through the door, if it's here to stay now in Banri's mind. That would be a shame, what with Banri finally making a real relationship breakthrough with Kouko by having her call him a Baka. That was a step away from a crazy professional stalker type relationship to a more normal one.

Finally the Ghost of Banri-kun understood that taking away his corporial form's happiness means to outright kill him it would seem. In any case it was nice to see that they still managed to show off the swimsuits that the ladies wore along with Banri-kun going with the speedo afterall.
tongue.gif

In any case at least he is trying to look at Koko much more then any other girl he's been with, especially since Lina might be going out with Mitsuo-san or not here. Also, I'm kind of wondering if Oka-chan is okay with that, or if she'll end hooking up with 2D-kun or not here.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jan 25 2014, 07:42 PM)Finally the Ghost of Banri-kun understood that taking away his corporial form's happiness means to outright kill him
QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Jan 25 2014, 11:26 AM)I hate it when my lost memories affect the weather! That must be why I've been freezing my ass off for the past week. Good thing Banri's are a sentient astral projection that was aware of what was going on to save the from the car crash. I wonder if now that it's broken through the door, if it's here to stay now in Banri's mind. That would be a shame, what with Banri finally making a real relationship breakthrough with Kouko by having her call him a Baka. That was a step away from a crazy professional stalker type relationship to a more normallol why so sarcastic Acci? ;p what would be of the plot without Banri's wraith as antagonist? ¬¬ i mean, this series is listed as supernatural but slight compared to Inakon or Imocho from this season... it seems he's gone for good in ep'16 so that accident wasn't worse but its aftermath was, despite Koko's dad was harsh in front of friends he let Banri console her (oh I wonder if her mom is hot too)
biggrin.gif

QUOTE it seems he's gone for good in ep'16

Psh! As if... You just know that damn astral projection memory thing is going to be back next episode moping around the high school reunion, pining after Linda and changing the weather!

Actually it was quite the opposite. Pretty much the Ghost of Tada Banri decided to let things go and make it where he shouldn't try to remeber what happened.

In any case my money is still on Linda accidentally hitting him on her scooter back then. Then again Mitsuo was being wierd about it before banri left for the reunion.

QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Feb 16 2014, 10:13 PM)QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Feb 02 2014, 09:50 PM)it seems he's gone for good in ep'16Psh! As if... You just know that damn astral projection memory thing is going to be back next episode moping around the high school reunion, pining after Linda and changing the weather!
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Feb 16 2014, 10:35 PM)my money is still on Linda accidentally hitting him on her scooter back then. Then again Mitsuo was being wierd about it before banri left for the reunionor that's what they want us to think in ep.19 :/ btw Wolfie i asked Accip if thats Linda's scooter, from what he saw it's not then was intentional (=helmet hiding face+full speed+no warning no brakes)... so I suspect it's the doing of that guy who glared at them from a window in ep.9, in revenge for ruining his affair with gorilla's girl yet Banri's wisp and Koko need to be exorcised at Nana's concert
tongue.gif

Attachments

• gfanbase.png
    gfanbase.png
    958.4 KB · Views: 131
QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Jan 11 2014, 09:19 PM)
The best end for the show for me would be Banri gets his memories back, lets Kouko down easy and ends up with Linda. Kouko goes off and finds herself and turns into an independent woman, then Mitsuo meets this now mature Kuoko and falls for her. 2D kun stays 2D 4 life!

that would be the worst ending ever, would completely ruin the entire theme of the show. You can't change the past so move forward yada yada... if they make a half assed ending like that it would suck.

QUOTE (blandead41 @ Mar 07 2014, 10:15 AM)that would be the worst ending ever, would completely ruin the entire theme of the show. You can't change the past so move forward yada yada... if they make a half assed endingwell I started to think Acci's prediction might come true after watching its latest 2 episodes but still, I can't believe that Koko broke with Banri just now because of his post amnesia anxiety and meds... his talk with NANA-sempai reminds me her spiritual spin-off wasn't finished (manga on hiatus), Golden Time is ongoing with 10 light novels so I hope they'll animate more seasons to end it properly
sad.gif

Soooo all I can say is, well that escallated rather quickly.
blink.gif

Pretty much Banri being all terrified over regaining his past memories without even thinking of the slight possiblity of him retaining his current memories too you know. As for Koko for her to break up with him, then act like things are normal still was kind of a cruel thing to do there. I mean he thought she just overreacted with his whole issue of regaining his memories and whatnot, but it doesn't seem to be the case here.

In any case seeing NANA here actually calm his nerves like that seemed rather helpful since she kind of knew about the issue from her storyline it would seem. Granted I never seen that side of the series though, but I almost feel like wanting to if possible.
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back