Gokukoku no Brynhildr

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: BRYNHILDR IN THE DARKNESS
Japanese: 極黒のブリュンヒルデ
Airing date: 6/4/2014 (TV series 13 episodes)
Genres: Action, Horror, Psychological, Mystery, Romance, Drama, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Tragedy, Harem
Original creator: Lynn Okamoto
Director: Kenichi Imaizumi
Written by: Yukinori Kitajima
Music by: Nao Tokisawa
Character designer and chief animation director: Hiroaki Kurasu
Art director: Makoto Ujiie
Sound director: Masanori Tsuchiya
CGI director: Naoya Fukushi
Director of photography: Yasuhiko Abe
Editing by: Daisuke Hiraki
Studio: Arms Corporation
Network: Tokyo MX, BS11
Opening theme: "BRYNHILDR IN THE DARKNESS -Ver. EJECTED-" by Nao Tokisawa
Ending theme: "Ichiban Hoshi (いちばん星)" by Risa Taneda, Aya Suzaki, M.A.O and Azusa Tadokoro

Main cast: Neko Kuroha (黒羽 寧子) voiced by Risa Taneda
Ryōta Murakami (村上 良太) voiced by Ryōta Ōsaka and Rina Satō (young)
Kana Tachibana (橘 佳奈) voiced by Aya Suzaki
Kazumi Schlierenzauer (カズミ=シュリーレンツァウアー) voiced by M.A.O
Kotori Takatori (鷹鳥 小鳥) voiced by Asuza Tadokoro

Supporting cast: Chisato Ichijiku (九 千怜) voiced by Hiroki Touchi
Kurofuku (黒服) voiced by Tatsuhisa Suzuki
Nanami Tokō / Number 5210 (斗光 奈波)http://www.vap.co.jp/gokukoku/images/character/nanami/img02.png voiced by Manami Numakura
Hatsuna Wakabayashi (若林 初菜) voiced by Yumi Uchiyama
Mako Fujisaki / Valkyria (藤崎 真子)http://www.vap.co.jp/gokukoku/images/character/mako/img02.png voiced by Mamiko Noto
Official site:
Kogorō Hashiratani (柱谷 小五郎) voiced by Kentaro Ito
Shino (シノ) voiced by Yūki Takao
Kuroneko (クロネコ) voiced by Risa Taneda
Saori (沙織) voiced by Sayuri Yahagi
Kikako (キカコ) voiced by Yū Hamagashira
Akane (茜) voiced by Yui Kondō
Kashiwagi (柏木) voiced by Kana Yūki
Yuki Tsuchiya (土屋 邑貴)
Kitsuka Hatta (八田 結花)
Mizuka (瑞香)
Imagine-nation review: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1poj1y_2...darkness_travel
Torrent: http://torrents.animes-bg.com/download.php...20x264).torrent
PVs:

Synopsis: When he was a child, Murakami was infatuated with a girl he called Kuroneko. She insisted on knowing about aliens and having met them, but no one believed her, even young Murakami was skeptical. One day, she decides to show him the aliens, but an accident occurs and Kuroneko dies while Murakami is left seriously wounded in the hospital. Years go by and Murakami obsesses on finding proof of the existence of aliens because of a promise he had made with Kuroneko. Then, one day, a new transfer student comes to his class, who not only looks a lot like Kuroneko, but is named Kurohaneko! And even though she insists on never having met Murakami before, the girl has superhuman strength and seems to even be able to predict the future! How will Murakami’s life change now that he has been saved by this mysterious girl that claims to be a magician?

QUOTE (Anybody @ Mar 25 2014, 01:55 AM)Gokukoku no Brimhildr, sounds and looks decent and sufficiently dark, despite generic art style and generic childhood friends backstories.
QUOTE (Norren @ Feb 28 2014, 2:54 AM)Kind of an odd, interesting psychological Thriller. I keep waiting to see how all the different elements tie together, but the grand mystery of the story just hasn't been unveiled yet. I can't honestly say I like this one, but I want to see how it all concludes. It's from the same person that did Elfen Lied, which.. sort of had the same "how's this all end?" mess to its story. Expecting horrific adaption decay here.not sure what ending to expect from this series either but caught my attention, isn't Kuroha Neko obvious? maybe a clone if she didn't revive; Ex high -PS 9/10

I think "Kuroha Neko" came first. Japanese kids and their nicknames.
rolleyes.gif

Ryouta learns pretty early in that Kuroha's magic comes at the cost of a random memory, and it's implied that during her time with "The organization" her childhood was pretty much lost.

I won't pick this one up until after I hit the road later this week, sadly. I'm curious to see if it opens up with the same scene the Manga opened with.

A nice series. Murakami seemed a bit obsessed with that Kuroneko girl. Him trying to fulfill her dreams was nice but to this degree feels more like an obsession.
The focus of the three moles was a nice try to show that Kuroha is not Kuroneko...i doubt she ain't Kuroneko. That amnesia part is too much of a clue. I wonder what is the backstory of her? Who is talking to her on the phone?
A nice series till now so i'll keep watching.
Ps: I do wonder if there really was an alien??

An okay second episode.
It felt somewhat familiar with the storyline of introducing a new girl and having him help/join the witches. The new girl Kana was a nice feature with her being unable to move. Her reaction to the cake and eating it in a liquid form was very well done.
That cake part together with the killing of that girl Kanade was way too similar and felt disturbing.
Murakami must know that they can't stay in that village..a burning stove creates smoke and using electricity in a deserted village must give a reaction. Also those houses seem pretty worn down.

This is great, the anime ended up being as good as the manga, that doesnt always happens.

Too bad the intro song has no lyrics, but meh it fits right in.
cool.gif

The animation itself is good, the opening and ending numbers are nice.

But.. and here is a Spoiler warning: DO NOT click SHOW, If you don't want to know the origin and how you can know about the ending.

The Manga is created by Lynn Okamoto, He created Elfen lied: which was honestly a very good anime for its time.
Downside is that I already noticed the same chain of events, and can very much predict everything till the end of the anime.
The upside as well as a downside of the anime compared to Elfen Lied: is that it has less horror and it has a harem genre in it.
Biggest warning and spoiler to all: If you Go threw the manga of Brynhildr, You will have already watched the anime.

QUOTE (Masich @ Apr 20 2014, 07:12 AM)animation itself is good, the opening and ending numbers are nice.
QUOTE (nijlandp @ Apr 13 2014, 10:10 AM)It felt somewhat familiar with the storyline of introducing a new girl and having him help/join the witches. The new girl Kana was a nice featureyup as expected another girl from the main cast appears but an antagonist too, ep.3 got even better revealing that witches depend of pills to live a bit longer... my favorite part was when Ryota asks why Kana is so heavy despite she is flat, contrary to Kotori who maybe will debut to save the day after that cliffhanger ;p
it was reviewed last wednesday in NHK World
biggrin.gif

So this is from the mangaka of Elfen Lied, an incredibly tragic manga with a good but bittersweet ending , where the main heroine is cold and sadistically insane yandere with a split personality.

I was going to try it at first and then Necro then told me it's by the guy who did Elfen Lied, so I was a little hesitant about picking up the series. I just started watching it randomly because I wanted to clear some room in my HDD and I'm glad I did, it's really good and I'm considering picking up the manga. So far this series is a hell of lot less gory than Elfen Lied but I don't know if that will stay true till the very end of the series. Right now, I want to know if this AA+ witch introduced at the end of episode 04, is gonna be trouble or not? I reckon she won't be because she's present in the OP and ED in sort of a main character pretence.
rolleyes.gif

My favourite of the girls is definitely Kazumi, I hope she survives till the end of the manga.

Okay while watching this I get the feeling that there will be at least around an average of 1 death or so per episode from here on out. Aside from the whole grusome ways they can die the series isn't all that bad though.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Apr 30 2014, 02:35 PM)Okay while watching this I get the feeling that there will be at least around an average of 1 death or so per episode from here on out. Aside from the whole grusome ways they can die the series isn't all that bad though.
QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Apr 30 2014, 01:42 PM)I was going to try it at first and then Necro then told me it's by the guy who did Elfen Lied, so I was a little hesitant about picking up the series. I just started watching it randomly because I wanted to clear some room in my HDD and I'm glad I did, it's really good and I'm considering picking up the manga. So far this series is a hell of lot less gory than Elfen Lied but I don't know if that will stay true till the very end of the series. Right now, I want to know if this AA+ witch introduced at the end of episode 04, is gonna be trouble or not? I reckon she won't be because she's present in the OPshe debuted at the same time as one of those lab antagonists said that he sent a witch AA+, first I thought it was only to throw off the audience after Kikako is pointed as this kind in ep'5 (poor Shino :/)... but if the club mascot (lol) is right then maybe Kotori has other powers beside switch teleportation, if she's AA too with multiple personality or they can control her to kill Ryota and his harem
sleep.gif

Episode 05 was great, this show is just brilliant that it can switch like flipping a coin, from a comical scene to a mortal danger tone so quickly.

The Episode 06 preview will be showing some good flashbacks and a fight between Neko and Kikako....more like a dodging match from Neko's perspective.

I can't really judge Kotori at the moment because she could be playing a long game or have a split personality like Lucy or she is just a red herring. Also, in Kana's first premonition, I thought Kotori was more like on the verge of tears than smiling.
rolleyes.gif

I swear if this anime deviates even slightly from the manga, I will be giving this series a 1/10. I'm on chapter 55, the events of episode 1 are re-arranged in the manga with Neko saving Murakami first then saving the swimming pool girl and not the other way round like it was done in the anime, which isn't a big deal.

Looking at the images put by Necro, they will get up to the Nanami part at least.

The anime has been pretty faithful to the manga, so I hope it stays that way...no need to have a rush ending. Man, if Kazumi were to die in the manga, I don't think I can continue reading it, it would be just too sad.
sad.gif

EDIT #1:

I've been writing this post whilst reading the manga and waiting for it to pass midnight, so I can double post.

Okay, some of the images that Necro has put up are "massive spoilers" for me lol. I just finished chapter 58, the latest chapter that was scanlated and this character was just introduced. I don't know how they are going to animate up to that point because the anime has only animated up to chapter 16 (and only a little bit of that too) in 5 episodes.....how on earth are they going to animate up to chapter 58 if they only plan to do 13 episodes!?!?!

I'm going to start reading the RAWs for this, I can find up to chapter 99, I wish they were all translated.
wink.gif

EDIT #2:

There is just no freaking way this anime is only going to be 13 episodes long, it has to be at least 24 to 26 episodes....it just has to be or it's getting a 2nd season probably in the fall.
rolleyes.gif

Okay, the OP animation was seriously pushing it, it has characters who make their debut in chapter 70...WTF!?!

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ May 08 2014, 02:11 AM)I can't really judge Kotori at the moment because she could be playing a long game or have a split personality like Lucy or she is just a red herring. Also, in Kana's first premonition, I thought Kotori was more like on the verge of tears than smiling.
QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ May 08 2014, 05:04 PM)Looking at the images put by Necro, they will get up to the Nanami part at least.

The anime has been pretty faithful to the manga, so I hope it stays that way...no need to have a rush ending. Man, if Kazumi were to die in the manga, I don't think I can continue reading it, it would be just too sad. 
sad.gif

EDIT #1:

I've been writing this post whilst reading the manga and waiting for it to pass midnight, so I can double post.

Okay, some of the images that Necro has put up are "massive spoilers" for me lol. I just finished chapter 58, the latest chapter that was scanlated and this character was just introduced. I don't know how they are going to animate up to that point because the anime has only animated up to chapter 16 (and only a little bit of that too) in 5 episodes.....how on earth are they going to animate up to chapter 58 if they only plan to do 13 episodes!?!?!sorry lol I was hesitant to update pics and info at this point about the upcoming witches or avoid spoilers, but as they're seen in the OP i was like "why not? I'm going to take this risk like its official site"... about your double post i don't mind (Nijlandp did too after all) and I just posted here anyway, instead of waiting for new episodes because today Atelier and Sidonia no Kishi arent subbed yet
sad.gif

One of the rules for FTV is that you can't double post, it's to prevent spamming. However, you can double post in one condition and that is if both posts were done at least a day apart and so my posts were done on the 8th and 9th. Nijlandp is totally fine because the posts he did are days apart. Anyways enough of that.

Some of those spoilers were huge at first for me but isn't that big a deal anymore but it was nice to put some colour to my imagination. If you look closely to the pictures, you can sorta make something out of it and if you can connect the names to the pictures even more so.

But seriously 13 episodes and they want to bring those characters in, I'm worried that they're going to make a mess of things. I hope this show suddenly becomes a 2-cour or gets a 2nd season.

EDIT #1:

I just noticed the names are done in the order the pictures were displayed....putting this in spoiler but wait you connected the names to links of the pictures...ah well.
wink.gif

EDIT #2:

Okay, I've read the RAWs up to chapter 99.

Something happened earlier like 10 or so chapters ago and I'm hoping something can be done like before. (Yes, I know it sounds a little confusing but I'm going to keep it that way because I don't want to spoil anything)

Currently, I sort of feel like the manga is ending in a weird way because it just went past the part that depicted the future on page 1 of chapter 1 of the manga or so I think. I don't want the manga to end because I feel it's a little rushed and not enough the world was explained but I could also just be wrong and the manga is only half-way through the story. Nonetheless, I'm eagerly awaiting chapter 100 and what happened to the other character because you can't take anything of face value from this manga or so I hope.

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ May 09 2014, 12:19 AM)One of the rules for FTV is that you can't double post, it's to prevent spamming. However, you can double post in one condition and that is if both posts were done at least a day apart and so my posts were done on the 8th and 9th. Nijlandp is totally fine because the posts he did are days apart. Anyways enough of that.

Some of those spoilers were huge at first for me but isn't that big a deal anymore but it was nice to put some colour to my imagination. If you look closely to the pictures, you can sorta make something out of it and if you can connect the names to the pictures even more so.yes that's why I wrote ''I don't mind'' because I know that rule and I have been posting since 2006, again I apologize for spoilers thinking it was 'ok' because of the OP cameos and site updates but as you said enough derails... back to ep'6 i didn't trust Kotori because Kana's visions were easy to misunderstand, now I'm not sure about Kogoro helping to get more pills but he is Ryota's best choice
sleep.gif

Yeah don't worry about it, the anime seems to be eager in rushing things right now but as far as I've seen, they've been following the manga faithfully except for the first page of chapter 1 and a few re-arrangements as well as some dialogue being cut out. I hope they introduce his "crazy" mother, which they should have but I reckon they're rearranging it so that the 2 scenes she is in the manga become 1.

I've read 41 chapters in RAW (the first 58 being scanlated), so I have somewhat of a grasp of the story but not an accurate one though, which is annoying because I've been hearing the chapter 100 is almost like an ending, which I hope is it not true because it doesn't even close to finishing.
wink.gif

EDIT #1:

I just read chapter 100 and it's definitely not the ending, more like there will be a new arc hopefully.

I just saw the PV of ep.7 while waiting for today's series to be subbed until this weekend, so i realized why i had a bad feeling about that guy who Ryota thinks he'll not betray him... he looks like Crime Edge's professor (btw happy teachers day) xD i still wish S2, same with Brynhildr now that Chaika just got a 2nd cour!
no new witch seen to debut yet but apparently it'll be a date with his harem
smile.gif

Akihabara!! Kazumi-chan is so kawaii and I'm so glad in manga-terms too.

Episode 07 was neat, I think the anime is going to stop at chapter 58. It was nice to see they put the Osaka granny sweet joke in the anime, ah man Kazumi is just sooo adorable.
laugh.gif

no doubt your favorite is Kasumi by the 'double post' ;p lol that tsundere ryota, not only for denying his date in Akiba also while he stalked Neko in a karaoke... well deserved hate from classmates ¬¬ so if Kogoro cant help to get pills soon, there'll be no choice but take risks to find more from labs telling by this new PV:
NAKA? terrorist? password? can't wait for ep.8
ohmy.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back