Gokukoku no Brynhildr

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
I haven't watched the latest episode but I saw the preview for the next one, where most of it will be focused on Nanami.

So far the anime has been very faithful to the manga besides a few changes here and there. I understand why they didn't animate the first page of Chapter 1 because a 1-cour series won't be able to get to that point of the manga.

Watching Samurai Flamenco, it's hilarious and damn there's a lot of ballbusting in it.
ohmy.gif

yup i really enjoyed her debut in ep.9 and now that she joins the main cast this story will be more lively with her power, what I found curious is the new zodiac sign Ophiuchus behind its title (it makes sense why this series is 13 eps long)...
the site pic was updated with her, so I guess Hatsuna will be next by this sketch

Brynhildr in the Darkness, review time!

I admit to have dropped this anime after episode 2, But, seeing as I always wonder how it will end...I took the time to watch every single episode again before watching the last 1.
I will always keep in mind that this is a harem version of Elfen lied...Ofcourse the animation was better. The story... followed only the first few chapters of the manga before making its own path further towards a ending. (Compared to the manga, the anime is better). The ending is a question mark for me, as I don't really know if the last few seconds are a flashback or actually the end of the episode, after everything that has happened. Either way...I don't know for sure...

My rating for Brynhildr in the Darkness: 7,6/10
Animation: 9/10
Story: 7/10 (it followed parts of the manga, but, the end just... doesn't make any sense to me).
Characters: 7/10 (Yeah...to be honest, I found a few of them to be weak in personality *aside from Kazumi & Kotori*).

For a Anime that is based on the works of the same creator behind Elfen lied... It was actually better.
My only downsides on the series, is being a: Harem and having a sort of sad/unsure ending. I honestly doubt this will ever get a 2nd season, sure there are a lot of things open, but with the way of the ending, I just don't see that happening. P.S. OVA on 24th September.

What happened in that last episode
blink.gif
? That episode rushed through a lot and in the end we even get everybody alive and kicking (without Kotori of course..). They seemed to skipped scenes and let our own imagination fill in the gaps (the only one with Kana is Hatsuna so she must have regenerated...Probably Kana and Hatsuna together have found Kazumi and Hatsuna must have saved her as well). Masich made a nice point about Elfen Lied
smile.gif
. That series also suffered from an ending which was open for discussion (i still think that the one at the door was Lucy who somehow survived)
smile.gif
. Some things do show up though in the ending: crutches at the wheelchair so Kana is busy trying to be able to walk properly. That means she doesn't have foresight anymore. And the graves suggest that two died (Kotori and Chie). Not the rest of the witches.

In the end it was a good series which had a pretty weak ending episode. Still i give it 7.5 out of 10.

nij...manga spoiler for Elfen Lied... Lucy is dead but she could be alive in the anime version.

I haven't watched the series part episode 08 after learning that the series skipped an entire arc of the manga.....the best arc of the manga. In the anime, was Freya even introduced?

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jun 29 2014, 07:29 PM) nij...manga spoiler for Elfen Lied... Lucy is dead but she could be alive in the anime version.

I haven't watched the series part episode 08 after learning that the series skipped an entire arc of the manga.....the best arc of the manga. In the anime, was Freya even introduced?
I don't even know who Freya is so I'm gonna have to say no. She was not introduced.

Anyway this show was only pretty mediocre. Kazumi was really the only character in the show I particularly liked. Murakami was a pretty boring lead and his gimmick (photographic memory) bothered me with the way it was used. It just feels so incredibly stupid that he's essentially immune to Nanami's powers because of that photographic memory making him incapable of forgetting. Kotori was just meh. Neko wasn't bad necessarily, but nothing all that great about her character either. And the villain Chisato just made me roll my eyes everytime he was spouting his nonsense in his monotone manner.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back