Girls und Panzer

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Kid-Wolf

~ Azur Lane Hunter ~
Staff member
Leader Council
Synopsis: (taken from MAL)
You may have heard of kung fu, but the girls at Oarai High School practice gun-fu - really, really BIG 75mm gun-fu, in fact. It's called Sensha-do, and it's the martial art of operating armored tanks! They take it seriously too, and since winning the national Sensha-do championship is such a huge deal at Oarai, they sometimes go to extreme ends in order to get the best students from Panzer class to sign up. Which is how Miho Nishizumi, who HATES operating tanks, gets drafted to join doomsday-driven driver Mako, even-triggered gunner Hana, highly receptive radio operator Saori and combustible tank-fangirl and loader Yukari as the incomparable Anko Team. They may not be on the half-track to fame and fortune, and maybe a few of them would rather shop for tank tops than become tops in tanks, but once their focus is locked and loaded, they're absolutely driven.

Wolfie's Sense:
After seeing the first episode I have to say that this looks like an interesting series to watch if you're into tanks and whathaveyou. From the looks of things it would seem that Miho has a backgound of having her family involved with girls and thier tanks.

Pretty much if you liked Upotte! then you might just like this series. Granted it's about a team of girls and thier tank than it being girls as thier respective weapon in this series. :p

Oh after seeing the first two episodes so far I have to go with a certain sub group since one tried to Germaify it when it was more or less obvious the girls weren't trying any German at all here. Although they do make some major references with certain battles of takns and the tanks themselves. So I'm looking forward to watching the rest of this series.

My initial thoughts based on the episodes 1 and 2 is that this show is interesting, but it has some very silly flaws which are very annoying, such as having the hatches open while taking fire and hanging out the sides / top etc, lack of radios, ear protection, or even having half sensible clothes, or the lack of any even slight tank knowledge, as well as things like why was a tank down a cliff (why is there even a cliff / mountain on a ship?).

The Colour of the tanks or the strange plot concept I don't have an issue with tho, and I like how the main character reminds me of Yukiho from the Idolm@ster (games not anime). The characters are likeable, except for the student council and the art is nice. Its also quite funny in parts and could be a good show to watch. I'll keep with it for now and hope some of the annoyances either get worked out or I can manage to ignore them.

Initially I had hoped for a Sora-no-Woto type of thing here, as its one of my favourites, but I suspect this is not going in the same direction and wont be as serious.

Waiting to watch episode 4 to see how its progressed...

Well for people that has watch either Strike Witches and/or Upotte!! might enjoy this since it more or less shows some similarites about how tanks work, and top it all off there's cute girls invoveld in this as well. :p

Prety much epsidoe 4 was the tank battle, but epsidoe 5 is them starting out in the torunament and facing up against a group know for thier Sherman Tanks, so I'm looking forward to seeing how things play out now.

5 and 5.5 were good, ep5 i liked as they start the new battle, and I thought it was really funny with the whole 'infiltrating the enemy' bit. 5.5 was more of a background info type of episode which I found mainly useful for the tank info, the stuff on the girls wasn't really of value and I'm not going to remember any of it lol Looking forward to no 6.

Well the important part is that they went over who was in Miho's tank. That right there is the most important info that you could of gotten out of 5.5 while the others are more or less just there becuase they have to be. :3

In any case I'm supprsed that they showed them doing that dance they did earlier on in the seires, but I have to say the student council girls didn't mind it to the point of they could get a guy by just doing that. Of course Miho and the others were more or less embarassed about thier loss for that matter.

Other then that I'm lookinf forward to episode 6 becuase we'll be picking up where they left off for episode 5 now. :p

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back