Gintama

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Juhachi

-Key Master にははっ~
Sempai
Well I already knew kind of what I was expecting with it being a Shounen Jump manga and being produced by Sunrise, though it was still not all I thought it'd be.

It's basically about this samurai who is involved with a Freelancers business with two other people, and that's how they get money to live off of. These aliens called Amanto came to Earth not too long ago and took over Edo basically (though it could have been the whole world) and they also issued a ban on using swords, so even though the main guy Gin-sama is a samurai, he carries around a wooden sword. The two other main characters, are a guy with glassess who is basically training under Gin and a girl with red hair with a huge dog-like creature as a pet that she rides.

Overall, this is a pretty weird and wacky anime with a lot of one-liners and odd moments that pop up all the time; kind of like Excel Saga, but more of a serious ton more than not.

Eh, tell me what you think.

Based on what you just said it sounds to me it's a good one. It's been a while since the last samurai anime i've seen so i'd try this one. lol

so now the samurai will fight against the alien instead of bandits or somethin' like that

lol. if only i had something like bankai. this looks pretty interesting. i'm guessing it's a parody anime as well. i like quirky humor animes so if this is even half as good as cromartie high, then i'll be pleased. i guess i'll check this out after i get back home.

QUOTE (MKK2004 @ Apr 20 2006, 12:11 PM) ]

I love this anime, all the one-line jokes are awesome even if they are stupid.

the ones like 'Asahi Sunrise' and 'tetris' are hard to understand but they are awesome.

BANKAI!

sometimes anime's are good like that. can't watch violence all the time. this one gives me good material to work with on my friends.
just like most of us here watch inukami!

QUOTE (MKK2004 @ Apr 20 2006, 12:11 PM) BANKAI!

I love the joke that 2nd pic repersents. i almost feel of my dam chair laughing when i heard that joke.. XD-

*poders* Does kubo get paid for a bleach reference? o.o

I was skipping through one episode very fast.. (it had one guy with a huge nose in it..) But this anime seems so weird to me.. I dunno if I'm gonna pick this one up, but curiousity beats me... ah, I guess that I'll just get the first two eps for the final decision
tongue.gif

QUOTE (MKK2004 @ Apr 20 2006, 12:11 )
BANKAI!

The first time I saw that joke, I laughed so hard my mother though I was dieing. T_T;

this anime is really funny and fun. It has lots of parodies such as the BANKAI one and the one where they are searching for the legendary treasure, ONE PACK! (Parody of One Piece) The action is short and sweet but the humor is outraegous. The faces are extremely funny as well. What makes the series unique is that it can drag you into the funny even if you dont like comedy. This series is like this STUPID = FUNNY. PARODIES = BUSTING A GUT. So pick this series up or if you have nothing to do and your in the mood for a good laugh, download the first episode, and I can gaurantee you, You'll become HOOKED!

i'm still waiting for the to do a parody off of Naruto oo; call me old-fashioned but I'd love to see it.

i watched the first four episodes and i didn't even raised a muscle out of my face
sad.gif
( i.e not even a smile ). when is it gonna be funny? or is it always like this

ive seen the first ep. and soooo hilarious. lol i have to catch up.
wink.gif

btw. the op is so funny, lol the girl looked really like a lady, they showed her picking her nose.!
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Mr.wolf @ Jan 04 2007, 01:35 AM) i watched the first four episodes and i didn't even raised a muscle out of my face
sad.gif
( i.e not even a smile ). when is it gonna be funny? or is it always like this
You are emotionless!
tongue.gif

Or its just not the kind of homor you like. It really is a little stupid, but its exactly the kind of homor I like.
biggrin.gif

The ones that really cracked me up, were school Rumble, bleach and that sort of comedy. In Gintama's case i don't know i may have been emotionless, who knows. pherhaps the only thing that made me laugh was when gin kicked the front door, and it flew, that made me laugh a bit. hmmmm wait the first two episodes weren't that bad but the 3rd and fourth were
dry.gif
. who knows maybe i'll have a shot and watch till the tenth and see wither it worthy,or not. untill than jetsu..

QUOTE (dahitman @ Jan 06 2007, 01:54 PM) This anime's funny as hell XD but the subbers r slacking off.
sad.gif
.. Around 31 episodez are already aired
I guess the problem is that shinsen-subs has to many projects at the moment, but if they wouldnt do it there would be nobody else. So be patient and wait. Maybe they will release soon more episodes at once like they did with other animes recently.
biggrin.gif

[EDIT] Just visited the forum of shinsen-subs. It seems that they are nearly finished with th 15. episode. I guess we can get our hands on tommorow.
wink.gif

Ah .. and another reason that it takes so long to sub it is because there are many japanese wordplays in it. These are hard to translate.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back