General Drawing Thread

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Okay, shini suggested me to post some of my work here so.
Here it is ^^

I think they worked pretty well, if i say so myself
happy.gif

Ah....sweet Chuuko-san! How was I to know I have an heir to the famous Rembrandt as a friend? A countryman of yours, eh?
wink.gif
Very nice and very sweet drawings of your favorite anime.....thanks for sharing....
wink.gif

Thanks to a good friend on this forum I was told and encouraged that there exist a drawing thread, so I thought why not contribute
smile.gif

drewwings3.jpg

DSC01724.jpg

DSC00966.jpg

University lecture doodles
tongue.gif

drawzing1.jpg

drawzing2.jpg

drawzing3.jpg

drawzing10.jpg

drawzing11.jpg

DSC02365.jpg

DSC02370.jpg

DSC02372.jpg

DSC02376.jpg

Second bunch of drawings as it they didn't all show up, could anyone answer why it is this way?

Random doodling/High School doodling

DSC03809.jpg

DSC03831.jpg

DSC03823.jpg

DSC03837n.jpg

drewingsofthepastandstuff5.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

After getting a tablet (finally!)

crocodileonahill.jpg

ghostforest.jpg

tornado.jpg

hero2.jpg

boywithamutatedarm.jpg

manwithgoogles.jpg

spiderboy.jpg

boywithaquestionmarkk.jpg

pilot.jpg

*edit* Actually I noticed that it seems to be a limit for how many pictures you can post. So I am forced to make a third post in order to show my drawings

Last bunch! There you go
tongue.gif

Open for any critisism or whatever enters your mind while seeing these drawings

marylinchicken.jpg

(anyone fans of Discworld 2 the pc game would guess what this is a tribute to!)
vamp.jpg

santy.jpg

manlycoatman.jpg

womanwarrior.jpg

lancer.jpg

Inspired by a certain Dragoon!
burglar.jpg

*edit*

Just made something that kinda looked cool that I thought I should share
demonicknightwitheyes.jpg

The reason they all didnt show in one post is because theres soo many of them. Saves scrolling space for the particular page i think... dont worry too much about it.

QUOTE (MikeLXXXVIII @ Dec 22 2008, 02:57 AM) Thanks to a good friend on this forum I was told and encouraged that there exist a drawing thread, so I thought why not contribute
smile.gif

drewwings3.jpg

DSC01724.jpg

DSC00966.jpg

University lecture doodles
tongue.gif

drawzing1.jpg

drawzing2.jpg

drawzing3.jpg

drawzing10.jpg

drawzing11.jpg

DSC02365.jpg

DSC02370.jpg

DSC02372.jpg

DSC02376.jpg

Yes.....please, Mijo-san! Share your work with us....I am always interested in what you draw especially, with that tablet you have told me about. I like the way the colors look and it seems like such nice texture.....for some reason, I am reminded of ice cream or smooth silk.......looking forward to more.
wink.gif

For the first time, I've really been getting into drawing anime/manga'y type characters, and after about maybe a week of casual experimenting (many failed attempts at drawing all sorts of characters) I've created something I'm not completely embarrassed to post here... but yea.. I used a combination of the pen tool and a tablet in photoshop

rs13oi1.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the face and all... but a face is just a face and kind of boring... I was trying to think what type of clothing would suit her but I was really at a loss... any ideas? Or any other critiques at all really.. god knows I'm a novice with this crap

It's been a day or whatever so I think it should be alright if I double post... I abandoned the last drawing I was doing.. she kinda bored me.. and her face starts to look lopsided if you look at it enough.. so errrr yea I decided to abandon her.. yes... I know... a sad tale indeed ; ;

I wanted to draw a new girl to replace her but ahh... lol... the way I drew the eyes... it really just didn't work in the end so I swapped it over to bein a dude... I think I really did a much better job on this one anyway... the whole 3/4 view thing makes for a more interesting piece

so ahh.... here is where I'm gonna leave it going to sleep tonight... face is clean and inked but the glasses and hair are just roughly sketched in... I think I'm gonna put him in a fighting pose of some sort with a school uniform and tonfa... or something cool like that.... at least that was the only thing I could think of that I really liked... or unless anyone else has a good idea they'd like to suggest!??

shiguresmallaq5.jpg

We need to revive everybody's desire to draw! Post more stuff >.> I'm starting to feel lonely.

Ooooh I hadn't noticed, we have a drawing topic kee~
I would love to join in and get back into drawing, doodling, etc.
One little problem... my computer is recently new and I've noticed that my tablet does not work as well as it did with my older computer. I usually use Open Canvas 4E Plus as it gave me smoother lines than in Photoshop but now neither work too well and I have a lot of unfinished work. I have a Wacom Graphire 3 tablet and I am currently using Vista. If anyone possibly has a solution for my problem, I'd appreciate it if you could PM me about it (we don't want to spam up the topic with my problems x:).

Beyond that, this has to be one of the most interesting post your drawings topic, as there are quite a few interesting, cute, and amusing drawings. For now I lurk until Emi's tablet is working correctly again.

Don't worry about spamming the thread too much.. worst case it gets more attention and people start drawing more! har har har.

I don't really have any great ideas, but I guess the first question I'd have to ask is if your drivers are up to date? >.>

In that case I suppose we can discuss and post images at the same time, I have a few old doodles to throw around.

mushromuni.jpg
bee%20copy.jpg
mushroomuni2.jpg

Just silly flash doodles, they are mushroom unicorn creatures? I'm not sure exactly, they were completely random. Also there is a bee... xD

Everything seems to be in good shape, drivers updated and all, it seems to be mostly automatic. My tablet works but it doesn't feel properly configured, the automatic eraser doesn't even show up anymore on OC and it never did for PS. When attempting there is a rare chance I get a stroke going the way I want it to go and there is no pressure sensitivity. I tried using Vista's tablet settings but it hasn't helped. My computer says it's taken care of everything but should I maybe attempt using the old disc the tablet came with? I don't even remember using them even on my old PC.

aha, mushroom unicorn creatures? >.>;; well.. whatever they are they're cute ;p

Your problem seems pretty strange... I don't really know all that much about tablets.. I got mine very recently... but... yea... I guess the next logical step would be to try using older drivers. I guess you could start with the driver on the CD it came with and see if you get the same problems. If you still do, I'd say it's a pretty fair indicator that it's not a problem with the driver... Although the fact that your problem is cross-program is what I'd logically have thought it to be :/

I see since the last time I looked into this thread its been very "lively" well heres some newer random contributions of doodles..

mustachetree.jpg

littleboy-1.jpg

monsterduh.jpg

beardedmanwithanelephantattheend.jpg

QUOTE (MikeLXXXVIII @ Apr 24 2009, 09:37 AM) I see since the last time I looked into this thread its been very "lively" well heres some newer random contributions of doodles..

mustachetree.jpg

littleboy-1.jpg

monsterduh.jpg

beardedmanwithanelephantattheend.jpg

Mijo-san! I love the "doodle" of the little boy. Is that my dear friend M ?
rolleyes.gif
So kawaii. Keep sharing, okay?
wink.gif

Well.. I abandoned that last face/character I posted for a long time.. was never really completely happy with it.. drawing bodies is a fucking pain in the ass.... I was going through files on my computer and I felt bad for not coloring him so I did something quick-like.. think it came out alright.. save the hair.. lol
shigurec2.jpg

I have new ones :3 Overzeas.deviantart.com

QUOTE (Chuuko @ Dec 21 2008, 03:19 PM)Okay, shini suggested me to post some of my work here so.
Here it is ^^

I think they worked pretty well, if i say so myself
happy.gif

You should get a Deviant account. It's free for hosting and your pictures are awesome. Very well done for just pencils. I would also suggest that you have a look at Reirei's page. She does very good Sailor Moon stuff too.

QUOTE (MikeLXXXVIII @ Dec 22 2008, 12:03 PM) Second bunch of drawings as it they didn't all show up, could anyone answer why it is this way?

Random doodling/High School doodling

DSC03809.jpg

DSC03831.jpg

DSC03823.jpg

DSC03837n.jpg

drewingsofthepastandstuff5.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

After getting a tablet (finally!)

crocodileonahill.jpg

ghostforest.jpg

tornado.jpg

hero2.jpg

boywithamutatedarm.jpg

manwithgoogles.jpg

spiderboy.jpg

boywithaquestionmarkk.jpg

pilot.jpg

*edit* Actually I noticed that it seems to be a limit for how many pictures you can post. So I am forced to make a third post in order to show my drawings
I like the bear :)

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back