Gatchaman Crowds

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

julez

-chibi
Retired
SIMf1NW.jpg

Genre: Adventure, Sci-Fi
Studio: Tatsunoko Productions
Director: Kenji Nakamura (Mononoke, C – Control – The Money and Soul of Possibility )
Series Composition: Toshiya Ono (tsuritama, Suite Precure)
Original Character Design: Kinoko

Music: Taku Iwasaki (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Soul Eater)

Number of episodes: 12

Opening Theme:
"Crowds" by WHITE ASH

Ending Theme:
"INNOCENT NOTE" by Hajime Ichinose (CV: Maaya Uchida)

Synopsis:
The story is set in Japan in the early summer of 2015. 180,000 people live in Tachikawa City, the "second metropolis" of the Tokyo area. Among them are "Gatchaman"—warriors who fight in special reinforced suits powered by "NOTE," the manifestation of special spiritual powers in living beings. A council has scouted a group of individuals with latent powers to protect Earth from alien criminals. In recent years, the council has assigned Gatchaman warriors to deal with the mysterious entity known as "MESS."

(Source: MAL)

Cast:
Daisuke Namikawa as Jō Hibiki
Maaya Uchida as Hajime Ichinose
Ryota Ohsaka as Sugune Tachibana

Aya Hirano as Paiman
Ayumu Murase as Rui Ninomiya
Daisuke Hosomi as O.D
Katsuji Mori as J.J. Robinson
Kotori Koiwai as Utsu-tsu
Mamoru Miyano as Berg Katze
Sakura Tange as President X

Thoughts: I'm willing to check this out because it's being directed by Kenji Nakamura and the music is by Taku Iwasaki (looooooved the Gurren Lagann soundtrack). Nakamura's works are hit and miss with me, for example C had a lot of potential but I don't think it was executed properly, and for that reason many people lost interest early on. Tsuritama was OKAY, but it was disappointing overall. However I did like what I saw of Kuuchuu Buranko, and I have heard that Mononoke was well done. As for the plot itself, I've never heard of Gatchaman before this series, so it will all be totally new to me. I've read that it's a spinoff and watching the previous series is unnecessary.

This one is definitely interesting.... the main female lead has a journal fetish? Can't say I've seen that before
tongue.gif
I also like that she's pretty free spirited, and her interactions with Paiman were hilarious. Like when she drew him in the Gatcha-journal as a panda that loves eating bamboo, while he was explaining how serious that item is
tongue.gif

I think this will be fun and full of potential. However Kenji Nakamura has raised my hopes before, only to let me down in the end. I hope that doesn't happen here
tongue.gif

QUOTE As for the plot itself, I've never heard of Gatchaman before this series, so it will all be totally new to me. I've read that it's a spinoff and watching the previous series is unnecessary.

Yup. Totally unnecessary since the only thing this show shares with Gatchaman is the name. There are a couple of teeny-tiny nods to the original here and there, but they may as well have just called this A Dog of Flanders: Crowds instead.

Gatchaman was my first anime, sort of. It was chopped up and re-storied for U.S. consumption under the name Battle of the Planets. Even in that form, it was pretty hardcore since people got killed in it. Definitely something you didn't see in Scooby-Doo!

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back