Gantz

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
I've only watched the anime, which kind of had a bad ending...
dry.gif
but i've heard awesome things about the manga so I think i'll have to start reading it soon
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Armageddon47 @ Nov 04 2007, 07:34 PM)I've only watched the anime, which kind of had a bad ending... but i've heard awesome things about the manga so I think i'll have to start reading it soon
You ought to read it because it really rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!I've readen about 20 vol of gantz in about 6 hourse no-stop and it was really worth it!!!The mangas is waaaay better than the anime so I encourage you to read it!!!

QUOTE You ought to read it because it really rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!I've readen about 20 vol of gantz in about 6 hourse no-stop and it was really worth it!!!The mangas is waaaay better than the anime so I encourage you to read it!!!
I've started reading it from the start, the manga is much better then the anime... as people kept saying
laugh.gif
I'm up to chapter 150 so far, and it is AWESOME
smile.gif

I simply cant stand this anymore, a few months ago i discovered gantz and i need to talk about it with someone or ill go crazy, so if you like gantz come and revive this thread.

Ok so this week Kaze showed how badass and he is starting to remind me of Kei except kei was much more awesome.

Im kinda feel sorry for the team, this 100 pointer really isnt going to die, i wonder how its going to turn out.

Also the way Oda walked out was uncool, he had all those gadget and gizmos and still couldnt finish it off.

I think the mangaka has writer's block. This battle is going on way too long. What is it now? Two, three volumes for one fight? He is having trouble coming up with an ending that he has not used before. So we just keep getting the DBZ syndrome---"The Last Blow" "The Final Straw" "The Two Seconds that Never End" . A reader's competition "How would you like to see this story arc end?" might solve the problem.

This is a pivotal moment in the story, if a 100 pointer alien was killed so easily what would be the point so its understandable its taken some time.

Also Kei/Izumi might be revived after this, because the tokyo team badly needs a survivor.

Gantz huh?Of course it's one of the best manga to ever exist!!!it has been 7 months that I've downloaded the first phase (20 first volumes)and stopped reading there for now.As for the anime I've watched it 2 years ago but the mangas is way awesome than the anime!!!I' have till the 23 volume but wanna wait till the volume 25 to reread all of Gantz again!!But the finish of the first phase was surprising!!Kurono dying (the best warrior dying???)??Two vampire joined the team and 2 old character coming back (Nishi and Kato)...As for me the previous team that defeated the vampires were the best team and the mission where Kurono had to kill his girlfriend Tae was so sad....

Sad to say Kurono is not the best warrior lol. When i was in japan i bought the gantz manual. It's basically a retelling of phase one, where the author has a small biography of each character and what i saw shocked me. Basically there is a little chart with for characters abilities and Kei had one of the weakest stats which annoyed me. Kei was only good in survival/instinct ( cant read kanji well). For goodness sake kishimoto had higher stats then him lmao. The truly surprising one was izumi and that martial arts guy i think his name is takeshi. Anyway Izumi has perfect stats, so i was like omg, but takeshi was even more surprising 4 of his skills he was off the radar basically surpassing 100%, that explains him being able to punch the 100 pointer's jaw off.

Concerning this weeks chapter lol, i cant believe oka got hunted down, well he kind of deserved to die for not finishing the job. I really hope Kato beats the 100 pointer alien so he can revive kei.

Even if kei is one of the weakest he is still awesome.

the martial artists name was Kaze, takashi was the name of the little boy he protects

QUOTE (franzoir @ Jul 11 2008, 05:08 AM) Sad to say Kurono is not the best warrior lol. When i was in japan i bought the gantz manual. It's basically a retelling of phase one, where the author has a small biography of each character and what i saw shocked me. Basically there is a little chart with for characters abilities and Kei had one of the weakest stats which annoyed me. Kei was only good in survival/instinct ( cant read kanji well). For goodness sake kishimoto had higher stats then him lmao. The truly surprising one was izumi and that martial arts guy i think his name is takeshi. Anyway Izumi has perfect stats, so i was like omg, but takeshi was even more surprising 4 of his skills he was off the radar basically surpassing 100%, that explains him being able to punch the 100 pointer's jaw off.

Concerning this weeks chapter lol, i cant believe oka got hunted down, well he kind of deserved to die for not finishing the job. I really hope Kato beats the 100 pointer alien so he can revive kei.

Even if kei is one of the weakest he is still awesome.
Kurono is the best warrior, because survival instinct is what makes a warrior; everyone would be long dead without him pushing them forward since they would've given up LONG ago, that is the main reason he was their leader and also why they decided to hunt him down... i'm sure he'll be back to take that seat once more soon enough

QUOTE (AnimeWiz07 @ Jul 12 2008, 07:48 AM) Kurono is the best warrior, because survival instinct is what makes a warrior; everyone would be long dead without him pushing them forward since they would've given up LONG ago, that is the main reason he was their leader and also why they decided to hunt him down... i'm sure he'll be back to take that seat once more soon enough
Dont get me wrong i love kei, one of the best character developments ive seen in a manga.

However this Gantz manual surprised me, on paper alone, you would be stupid to choose kei, you would rarther choose Izumi who has perfect stats including survival instincts or Kaze who surpasses the 100% barrier on 4 skills including survival instincts.

And last time i checked Kaze is alive and kicking.

Yeah but hes only alive due to Kurono's leadership skills in past chapters, if that kid hadn't brought up the morale of the group they would've already been slaughtered long ago on many occasions; and the strong group that exists now would not be there if not for him; besides Kaze has not done anything major thus far, sure he punched the crap out of the 100 pointer in the last few chapters but nothing that could be compared to Kurono's achievements

to be honest if i saw the stats and then saw how each person acted on the battlefield i would pick Kei first everytime, simply because he is what allowed them to survive, which is really the point of that game for them

btw comparing Kaze being alive to Kurono is nonesense, because Kurono died in the real world without the suit or weapons, had they seen Kaze as a huge threat instead then hed be the one in the grave right now

QUOTE (AnimeWiz07 @ Jul 12 2008, 02:23 PM) to be honest if i saw the stats and then saw how each person acted on the battlefield i would pick Kei first everytime, simply because he is what allowed them to survive, which is really the point of that game for them

Well the whole point of gantz manual was portraying their stats alone and not what they do on the battlefied, and so what your saying is you would choose one of the weakest characters (stat based), fair dues, some people are just suicidal.

Secondly Kaze even states he never saw kei as the leader or acceptedthat fact. In the first mission Kaze did not wear suit and still stood on equal footing with people wearing a suit (which justifies the manuals stats). And seeing him fight on equal ground with the 100 pointer alien when even oka couldnt just shows that Kaze is one of the best/strongest members. Also seeing how Izumi took on hordes of vampires and only died protecting his girlfriend further proves that Kaze and Izumi could survive missions regardless of kei being there or not.

Thirdly, me comparing who is alive and who is not is not foolish. Look at it from gantz perspective, do you care that someone died in the real world because he naively decided to leave. No, you only care about who is alive and can still play the game.

I will reemphasize that i love kei and cant wait till he comes back to the manga but he has pitfalls which should be recognise and is still debatable whether he is the best warrior when others have done even more audacious feats.

The problem I think is,can Kei really revive?Well mean when he was killed was he still in the database or Gantz?I thought no because he left the game but....Really hope that he come back and even though his states are mediocre I think that he was the best warrior with his suit and he's survival instinct overpower him at crucial moment..

QUOTE (hamzaxxx @ Jul 12 2008, 06:39 PM) The problem I think is,can Kei really revive?Well mean when he was killed was he still in the database or Gantz?I thought no because he left the game but....Really hope that he come back and even though his states are mediocre I think that he was the best warrior with his suit and he's survival instinct overpower him at crucial moment..
im wondering about the revival myself, and i dont agree with what franzior said about others accomplishing feats, so what if Kaze can fight normal aliens without suits? im sure there are many who could fight the lower level ones which aren't much stronger than humans, not to mention the 100 pointer LET HIM get free punches, he could've torn him apart at any moment; not to mention kaze's way of thinking is foolish; he thinks he can beat everything with brute strength, which obviously takes him out of the run for leader (i LOL'ed when he got knocked the **** out by the 100 pointer
laugh.gif
)

btw comparing kei to kaze based on whos alive now is naive is what i was trying to say, had the vampires attacked kaze in the real world it would've had the same result; hes good i admit that much, but hes not that amazing is all i'm saying

P.S: Izumi? guy was a lunatic, he dug his own grave; people who care for nothing but being the best and fighting are not leader types... i saw his death coming long before it happened; the only death that suprised me like it did most was Kurono, because i didn't realize he would kick the bucket until he chose to leave the game

only person capable of replacing Kurono is Masaru, because he knows that this is a team survival thing... unlike Izumi who couldn't have cared less and Kaze who doesn't seem to seriously give a damn about anyone but the kid (plus he doesn't have the leader type personality, what is it like 2 words a chapt? and they are usually directed at the boy) so i couldn't care less that he didin't see Kurono as a leader since hes doing a crap job at just being a teammate, i'd like to see him try and lead anything; frontal assaults every mission anyone?

Well i will use spoiler tag from now on since people dont read gantz every fort night like me.

Well this was a sad chapter for me, for the simple fact that Kei wont be revived
sad.gif
. Even if Kato wasnt so wimpy and shot at the alien, no doubt he would of ressurected that girl. It just had to be the vampire that killed it and now with 100 points he can get his freedom unless hopefully by some divine miracle he ressurects Kei (but that wont happen.)

Im still confused to whether the vampires have any connections to the aliens.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Jul 25 2008, 11:42 AM) Well i will use spoiler tag from now on since people dont read gantz every fort night like me.

Well this was a sad chapter for me, for the simple fact that Kei wont be revived
sad.gif
. Even if Kato wasnt so wimpy and shot at the alien, no doubt he would of ressurected that girl. It just had to be the vampire that killed it and now with 100 points he can get his freedom unless hopefully by some divine miracle he ressurects Kei (but that wont happen.)

Im still confused to whether the vampires have any connections to the aliens.
Katou was the one that finished off the 100 pointer. After the vamp attacked the 100 pointer's eye was glowing like it was about to attack. It was then that Katou used the gravity gun and squished it. And the transfer began.

I know im so happy, if all goes well, Katou should revive Kei, they even kinda hinted it when Katou remembered Kei.

Lets hope all goes according to plan, but gantz is one of those manga where it doesnt but lets hope.

To think phase 2 has only just begun, im excited for more twists and turns. I wonder what the 100 pointer meant when he said this is an act of god?

Anyway next issue should be awesome can hardly wait.

well even without the 100 pointer im sure everone (or at least a few people) collected at least a hundred points killing small fry, so we may actually see several people come back during the next chapter... i just hope the idiots dont waste it on weapons
laugh.gif
cause what they need right now is manpower; but yeah im hoping Kei will be revived, hopefully this time he doesn't quit the game like an idiot

the people im sure had 100+ points even without the 100 pointer are Katou and Kaze, although Kaze is useless other than for his strength imo; he needs to be more of a teamplayer man, and not only be able to fight full power if the kid is in trouble... thats probably the main reason he'd make a bad leader, that and he doesn't talk a lot
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

QUOTE (AnimeWiz07 @ Aug 09 2008, 06:26 PM) well even without the 100 pointer im sure everone (or at least a few people) collected at least a hundred points killing small fry, so we may actually see several people come back during the next chapter... i just hope the idiots dont waste it on weapons
laugh.gif
cause what they need right now is manpower; but yeah im hoping Kei will be revived, hopefully this time he doesn't quit the game like an idiot

the people im sure had 100+ points even without the 100 pointer are Katou and Kaze, although Kaze is useless other than for his strength imo; he needs to be more of a teamplayer man, and not only be able to fight full power if the kid is in trouble... thats probably the main reason he'd make a bad leader, that and he doesn't talk a lot
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Im sure no one from the the tokyo team except for the vampire and Katou got 100 points. Im pretty sure the rest didnt even earn any points. Most of the tokyo team either died, severely injured or watched in awe of the osaka team killing.

Also that guy that likes sex alot, probably got 100 points. Eitherway, I wonder if more collaborations are coming with other gantz teams, they could even be transported to Israel, Germany, or USA next time.

About Kaze, lol i didnt think much about him either, but his stats do not lie and when he punch the 100 pointer jaw off, he reminded me of Kei.

Really excited about gantz.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back