Gamaran

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

anbu-black-ops

-san
Kouhai
gamaran.jpg

Title: Gamaran

Categories: action, comedy, historical, martial arts, shounen
Author: Nakamaru Yousuke

Summary
"Middle Edo Period -- One state becomes the gathering place for sinful martial artists, who believe in nothing other than power, know of no other way of life other than letting oneself go wild in the battle. That state is the Unabara State, the "Haunt of Demons"..."

Washitzu Naosata, the ruler of the powerful state, Unabara, is looking for his successor. He calls upon all his 31 sons, and tells them to search for whoever they believe to be the strongest martial artist of all. Each of their chosen martial artists then are to fight against each other until only one is left standing. Whoever is the winner, whoever has the strongest martial artist in the nation by his side will become his successor...

Out in the midst of the mountain is the doujo of the "Daigame Ryuu" (Giant Tortoise Style). There lives Kurogane Gama, the son of the legendary swordsman, Kurogane Jinsuke, who is believed to be able to kill 1000 martial artists in Unabara. There, one of the sons of Washitzu Naosata, Washitzu Naoshi, comes in search of the legendary swordsman, only to find that he had gone missing several years ago. After seeing the battle style of Gama, he instead chooses to ask Gama to come with him. Wanting to become stronger, Gama agrees to his offer, and that marks the beginning of Gama's battle to become the strongest of all...

--------------------------------

I started reading this a month ago, and I really like it. The action is fast-paced combined with cool (detailed) fighting scenes, making this manga awesome. There is little to no down time to the action of this manga. Worth checking out for fighting fans. Especially blade of the immortal fans.

Not a big fan of this one. I like my manga with plot, which this does not bring enough of. I won't deny the fact that this is a must read for action fans however. Honestly speaking, this may very well be the closest modern manga to how old action shounen were done.

I agree. You won't see a shortage of action in this manga. What I like about this manga is the no nonsense action it gives. Usually in a fighting manga there is alot of bs involve before they start fighting. This one, they fight right away, and some fights are unpredictable imo. It really started slow during the first 2-3 chapters and I was about to drop it. But when the first fight began in the tournament, wow.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back