Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Finally finish watching ep.12.
biggrin.gif
Too busy lately,with lots of feast and wedding ceremonies going on at my place.
I have to say,the endings is one of the best and stylish ending I've ever watch in any series.It put REALLY proper end to the series,and well,among the few ending which doesn't left me in deep thinking but still got me hooked with it(I always like sad/emotionally-disturbing kind of ending.)
The OP tuning to ED,with the seiyuus singing the song,that really makes me smile from the bottom of my heart.
rolleyes.gif

It ends happily,but it seems natural and doesn't force itself to be happy.
biggrin.gif
I can't really understand why not that many people watch the series.Animation,style,plot,character-development,humors.All of those are above average level.This series got it all,definitely one of the best ever for me.
biggrin.gif
(even though not that many agrees with me,well,who cares?
biggrin.gif
)

Too bad is,the releases are not consistent,so it lessen the impacts a bit.(after one whole month of no release,anyone ought to cool-off on the series...).Whatever,Manabi Straight! rocks!
biggrin.gif
.Thanks ufotable!Thanks Eclipse and gg!
laugh.gif

p/s;wonder if you guys will like it if they draw the girls in adult-form rather than loli-ish look they got now?That must be interesting to see!(but even if they sustain their looks,I'll still watching!)I have faith that the OVA will be just as good as always.
wink.gif

QUOTE (d'observer @ May 27 2007, 05:04 AM) Finally finish watching ep.12.
biggrin.gif
Too busy lately,with lots of feast and wedding ceremonies going on at my place.
I have to say,the endings is one of the best and stylish ending I've ever watch in any series.It put REALLY proper end to the series,and well,among the few ending which doesn't left me in deep thinking but still got me hooked with it(I always like sad/emotionally-disturbing kind of ending.)
The OP tuning to ED,with the seiyuus singing the song,that really makes me smile from the bottom of my heart.
rolleyes.gif

It ends happily,but it seems natural and doesn't force itself to be happy.
biggrin.gif
I can't really understand why not that many people watch the series.Animation,style,plot,character-development,humors.All of those are above average level.This series got it all,definitely one of the best ever for me.
biggrin.gif
(even though not that many agrees with me,well,who cares?
biggrin.gif
)

Too bad is,the releases are not consistent,so it lessen the impacts a bit.(after one whole month of no release,anyone ought to cool-off on the series...).Whatever,Manabi Straight! rocks!
biggrin.gif
.Thanks ufotable!Thanks Eclipse and gg!
laugh.gif

p/s;wonder if you guys will like it if they draw the girls in adult-form rather than loli-ish look they got now?That must be interesting to see!(but even if they sustain their looks,I'll still watching!)I have faith that the OVA will be just as good as always.
wink.gif

I would say that the releases were at the very least more consistent than many other sub groups (atleast they didn't cut and run from a release for 2 months and released another ep a month later) but yeah, I would say that this show deserved much more attention that it was getting. But, then that would also apply to the finished Welcome to the N.H.K. Maybe it's better that the show isn't widely known, that way, I can keep to silent fandom while not having the deal with the consequences of being a popular show (hentai, fanfics, all that stuff)

I just released something kinda interesting. The beginning of the first episode starts on a train with just Manabi and then she opens the window and yells "It's starting!". And the beginning of the last episode starts in the exact same way except instead of Manabi on the train it's Mikan and she yells "Bye Bye!". Never realized that till a few seconds ago.

well i didn't know this was gonna be just a 1 season anime seires... too bad really... even tho the characters looked like elementary students rather than HS students it was still a good inspiring story about school spirit... but i find it weird when ANY anime just does one seaon... i can only assume it might not have done well in japan? *shrug* we'll miss the girls thats for sure... Manabi GO!
and people should really use the spoiler button when they write comments...otherwise you're just being RUDE to others who might be browsing the forum to see if they want to watch the anime... common courtesy people.. stop being lazy

QUOTE (luffyD @ May 31 2007, 07:21 PM) and people should really use the spoiler button when they write comments...otherwise you're just being RUDE to others who might be browsing the forum to see if they want to watch the anime... common courtesy people.. stop being lazy
Well,most of the comments here are not that big spoilers I must say,personally I don't think spoilers tag is that important in this case.Most of it are not too-detailed,I doubt it'll be ruin anybody's joy for watching.Instead,I see them to be factors that can attract people too watch this series.
wink.gif
And most people here usually said,'this is my review for the eppy',so,it's pretty obvious they should skip the post for the time-being if they still didn't watch the episode.

First of all,if they need some info on the series to determined whether it's worth to be watched,go to the first page of this thread,and don't go any further.If we do as you suggested,putting spoilers tag in every part of our review,even for the slightest detail,then the thread would ends up like this.

QUOTE ---polan---XXth XX 2007

Hey ep. XX is good!

---polan2---XXth XX 2007

Yup!Hell good,especially the part where

It's useless to browse through a thread only consist of that.How can something like that draw people attention anyway?So,people,if you're not yet watching the series,and hate spoilers,DO NOT browse through a thread for the series,okay?
wink.gif

p/s:spoilers tags usually ends up being clicked anyway..
tongue.gif

Sob, sob nice ending ....
It has many touching moment. It good to see this positive enviroment in any school. Duh !!! It just the dream right
sad.gif

QUOTE (d'observer @ Oct 12 2007, 05:27 AM)
biggrin.gif

Whee!
biggrin.gif
OVA is here!
laugh.gif
(but no subs yet... ;_;)

Need to wait for Eclipse-gg to deliver.
smile.gif

omg OVA?!! I didn't even know there was gonna be one for Manabi. I think it's about time I revisit Manabi Straight again since it was one of the best sleeper shows of last year. Looks like it will be good from the screenshots, but that's what I would expect from more Manabi Straight.

So it's been months since the actual OVA came out and now it's finally subbed so I must call for all members of the MSFGFC to come out and comment in the way we all know.

Best Moments:

-Momo watering down Mei, Mikan and Manabi and seeing them all just curled up on the ground

-Mei explaining why they feel summer vacation is special.....and then again......and then again. All in the exact same way cause Mikan kept asking her to say it "one more time". Also her explanation of it in general regarding the differences.

-Mei getting embarrassed cause she was also playing with the water guns instead of working. Can't get over how cute Mei is when she isn't playing the responsible person in charge role.

-Manabi getting them all ice cream, yet no spoons so they can't even eat any of it......at least she got all the flavors right.
laugh.gif

-Mikan getting blown away and everyonoe just kinda nonchalantly says something about it and about saving her.

-Muchi slapping Momo in the face when they get to the hotel. I have absolutely no clue as to why she got slapped, but does that really matter? I didn't think so.

-Also great seeing Mei trying to talk all seriously and explaining everything about the hotel and Manabi just kinda tackles and undresses her cause she was wearing a "cuter" yukata, completely disrupting what she was saying. Plus we got to see some Mei side-boob.
biggrin.gif

I also liked how they did some of the scenes through the view of Momo's camera, like the first time Mikan got blown away and all the still shots of them "cleaning" the pool. Just a more interesting way to show it all.
The conversation at the end was very nice about Mikan and how everyone else has some good trait about them or already know what they want to do in the future when Mikan really has nothing of that. It kinda gives a bit more insight into why Mikan decides to go study abroad in America.

what is with the 6.5 release?thats the OVA? why not just call it "manabi straight! ova"
blink.gif
im downloading it now... hopefully it wont disappoint... i really missed this series

thanks

Well, it's cute and all and really fits the sentimental atmosphere of the main show. It seems to me that the makers really have a longing for their high school life. I hardly ever have it seen idealized as much as in this series, let alone this OVA
biggrin.gif

I have a problem with the OVA. They are at Momoha's house cleaning her pool. She has a maid and its obvious shes from a wealthy family. Yet in the series proper they are surprised to find out shes rich. Making it obvious they had never visited her house. Hell half the time Momoha was ignored so its strange to see them directly spending time with her outside of school.

Basically the OVA was meant to show the girls in all the various fan service outfits they couldn't fit into the series. The Yutaka's for example. However since I enjoyed it so much and they snuck in some Mei sideboob I won't hold it against them.
biggrin.gif

My gripes aside I liked the OVA and it reminds me of how much I miss the series.

I saw this episode a while back, probably close to two months ago or something; I can't remember. But today I was listening to the OP/ED and some insert songs, and was getting into the mood of Manabi again. I still regard this as one of the best anime of 2007, even if 95% of people who watched it have now forgotten it.
sleep.gif

The OVA was a nice revisit to the series, but I would love a second season a lot more. Now that the manga is overwith, this series is over completely in Japan so there's no reason to do a second season (plus with the way the anime ended there'd be no reason besides). Anyway, I would definitely want to rewatch this series again one day just because it was so good. Others that I would consider rewatching from 2007 would be Kanon, Sola, Potemayo, and ef - a tale of memories.

Man, if it wasn't for me looking up the threats i would have missed the chance of watchin the OVA completely. I was disappointed that manabi straight was only 12 episodes, wish they had made it better. Cause if you imagine it, there could have been more episodes to it(A Few More), with lots of funny scenes and small fan service. Oh well, I like this anime a lot, will re-watch when i have the chance.

It was funny on the OVA how they kept putting that wierd brush on every picture, then they switch to the water gun. Also how they where trying to see who could hold there breath the longest and Manabi just drowned(LOL *wipes tear from left eye*). Ah those filler OVAs are just funny sometimes(SOLA #14), with that said... LATEZ
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back