Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (Harukalover @ Jan 27 2007, 04:36 PM) We sub at our own pace and for ourselves.

So don't expect speedy releases. Want speed then watch it from Ryoumi or any other group.
Aiyaa.....So,will Azai's vers. make it way here,Harukalover-sempai?
huh.gif
I really can't wait so I download the Ryoumi's vers.,since that what FTV's has to offer..but if possible i'd really like to stick with Azai...

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Jan 28 2007, 07:12 AM) I'm scratching my head because I didn't realize while i was watching...I was laughing at this girl on some weird scooter type flying machine???...Talking about Manabi style, huh???...Breaking into the school song to win a a student council election...then standing on top of a podium spouting a cheesy line *Go Straight Forward*

So why...Why was i laughing???...did i really like this...And why did i think that word at the end of the eppy...genious???...it was just one episode...But wasn't the anime quality borderline perfect too...The characters were unique their personalities don't seem to be ripped off from your basic type animes...

So I watched eppy 2...Hmm i was still laughing...Then there was that moment... Mei, the stern and stubborn hothead was observing Manabi and the others selling items for a student council/garage type sale...So Mei gets out of her seat where she was angsting and says...*Hey Use 50 yen coins so we don't have to give you change* I don't know why exactly but I laughed, and then laughed again, and then laughed harder...why???

Because small random stuff like that is just plain funny and clever...I mean good portions of the episode was spent acquiring supplies and labor for the renovation of the student council room...and at times there was so little dialouge...but just their simple random actions w/out talking I found amusing...that is when it crossed my mind that this could be possibly...just maybe...a hit...and who knew...a show called Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight huh...I almost didn't download it just because of the name...what an odd name...But it was so odd i had to download it...I realized I had been tricked by it's oddness...it was so odd that it bordered on genious...
Yup Senpai-kun, ur absolutely right.......this is an odd anime that is sure to make a big hit. Its pretty clever, I can't wait for episode 3, I want to know war that the other president from the other school has to say, it was so funny when she was shocked........but shocked at what ???? Shocked at the beauty of the place or was that the seioh student council (Manabi and friends) were sleeping, when sh e entered.....I really want to know............its so funny. I can't stop ROFL.

Cya

The I guess will just *Go Straight Forward* and keep watching it hehehe...see I can play too...Take that JCDRANZER...just glad Sammeh doesn't come to this thread yet...I can get away with stuff like that lmao...

I watched ep 2 and this story, I can't pin down why I like it so much either. It's just the way they put it all together was great. It's funny, cute and lifts your spirits. I guess everyone downloaded from Ryoumi because the other one wasn't out yet. The subbing wasn't too bad either, so whoever comes out with the eps first is the one I'll watch at this point.
biggrin.gif
I'm already on the lookout for the opening song and I want the school song she sang. It was so beautiful, but so far I haven't found it yet. I suppose I must be patient.

the story is funny actually, but what i love so much is the amazing drawings! i mean, i dont know, it's just so nice and neat and well drawn with good colours and even the backgrounds look good, i was admiring that throughout the whole episode! LOL

QUOTE (xxanime_junkyxx @ Jan 28 2007, 11:03 PM) the story is funny actually, but what i love so much is the amazing drawings! i mean, i dont know, it's just so nice and neat and well drawn with good colours and even the backgrounds look good, i was admiring that throughout the whole episode! LOL
Yup this anime is great and for some weird reason, it reminds me of 2x2 = Shinobuden, which was hilarious but he had perverted humour, compared to this anime, that doesn't really have a slight bit of ecchi. Oh yeah, it also reminds of Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru, with the long blue haired-hot-head girl reminds me of Takako's stubbourness.

I hope eppy 3 comes out soon.

CYA

Its a great show, really. I love the opening. Though it seemed a bit out of place, shaky cam is my favorite new age anime effect. One thing though. The spray can thing seemed a bit stolen from bleach.

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jan 28 2007, 05:41 PM). Oh yeah, it also reminds of Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru, with the long blue haired-hot-head girl reminds me of Takako's stubbourness.

I think Mei( that blue haired girl) reminded me much of Natsuki from Mai-hime( both appearance-wise and character-wise)

Anyways I really liked this atmosphere, which gives of a good feeling. When I watched the first 2 episodes, it gave me a fresh feeling. I'll definitely keep on watching
smile.gif

QUOTE (ddhboy @ Jan 28 2007, 06:06 PM) Its a great show, really. I love the opening. Though it seemed a bit out of place, shaky cam is my favorite new age anime effect. One thing though. The spray can thing seemed a bit stolen from bleach.
ha! that's very true, the spray can thing is kinda from bleach. but i was admiring the theme song too, the shaky camera was really cool, i thought it added a real good effect to the theme song

QUOTE (MKK2004 @ Jan 28 2007, 08:11 PM) does anyone know if the school song is included in the characters cds? I really want that song~
Ah, sorry MKK, but I have all the CDs and no school song.
sad.gif
Maybe they'll release it on the OST or something like that (I pray to God; Yui Horie is so awesome!
biggrin.gif
)

This anime actually reminds me a little of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, because she feels she can do anything and doesn't get discouraged very easily. I like that confidence. She's not conceited, she just believes wholeheartedly in herself.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (DarkSkyLady @ Jan 29 2007, 03:42 AM) This anime actually reminds me a little of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, because she feels she can do anything and doesn't get discouraged very easily. I like that confidence. She's not conceited, she just believes wholeheartedly in herself.
biggrin.gif

But then again, she's a child about 10 years old or even younger, remember this is the so-called future, where Japan's birth-rate falls, the length of time in school (as in overall years shorten), they could speak like 17 years old of our world and they may have the intelligence but nothing hides the fact that they're kids.

So as a 10 year old kid or even younger, you are pretty much confident, cherry, unconceited and to be honest overall. But then again, the other kids have "matured" forcibly to act more like an adult but she has still retained her "childness", which I see her trying to bring it out from teh other characters.

DarkSkyLady, I completed agree with u about her description and Manabi and Haruhi do have similar characteristics and they have their differences, to make it short: -

Manabi: - Like an angel

Haruhi: - A nightmare from Hell, selfish, doesn't really care what other's say or think...................but she will definitely change (slightly) in the second series, when she starts to have a relationship with the orange/red-haired dude (forgotten his name..............damn it I can't remember.)

Eppy 03 hopefully comes out soon.

Bye

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jan 29 2007, 02:21 AM) But then again, she's a child about 10 years old or even younger, remember this is the so-called future, where Japan's birth-rate falls, the length of time in school (as in overall years shorten), they could speak like 17 years old of our world and they may have the intelligence but nothing hides the fact that they're kids.

So as a 10 year old kid or even younger, you are pretty much confident, cherry, unconceited and to be honest overall. But then again, the other kids have "matured" forcibly to act more like an adult but she has still retained her "childness", which I see her trying to bring it out from teh other characters.

DarkSkyLady, I completed agree with u about her description and Manabi and Haruhi do have similar characteristics and they have their differences, to make it short: -

Manabi: - Like an angel

Haruhi: - A nightmare from Hell, selfish, doesn't really care what other's say or think...................but she will definitely change (slightly) in the second series, when she starts to have a relationship with the orange/red-haired dude (forgotten his name..............damn it I can't remember.)

Eppy 03 hopefully comes out soon.

Bye
did they state the ages because? i dont remember seeing that
mad.gif
please don't throw out randomages and confuse us
laugh.gif

btw i thought these girls were in high school.... doesn't look like elementary to me, and i dontthink 10 year olds have student bodies/presidents nor do they have the "system" like that school does

QUOTE (AnimeWiz07 @ Jan 29 2007, 08:53 PM) did they state the ages because? i dont remember seeing that
mad.gif
please don't throw out randomages and confuse us
laugh.gif

btw i thought these girls were in high school.... doesn't look like elementary to me, and i dontthink 10 year olds have student bodies/presidents nor do they have the "system" like that school does
Its said in my previous post, that in this anime, is set in the future, where in Japan, the birth-rate has fallen considerably, hence they have shorten the time in school, for them to graduate quicker through education and be able to uphold Japan's economical stability, they mentioned all of this in the first episode of Manabi Straight!

I was also mentioned that I was guessing they are about 10 years old, I was not confirming it to be true.

Bye

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jan 29 2007, 02:58 PM) Its said in my previous post, that in this anime, is set in the future, where in Japan, the birth-rate has fallen considerably, hence they have shorten the time in school, for them to graduate quicker through education and be able to uphold Japan's economical stability, they mentioned all of this in the first episode of Manabi Straight!

I was also mentioned that I was guessing they are about 10 years old, I was not confirming it to be true.

Bye
haha... would be nice if they would have given us more pers info on the chars i guess, since some people would like to know well.... the age of the chars or i dont know.... some personal background besides knowing that they live with their brother....just a thought...... not hinting that this show needs more background eps.... or anything wild like that
wink.gif

ep 4 RAW is out and i must say i loved that ep, it goes into a "certain someones" past a bit, not manabi (even though we don't know jack about her really).... yet gets quite emotional near the end of the ep and it seems she found herself a second trustworthy friend
biggrin.gif

I thought I read from somewhere else that these were supposed high school students. I don't really know, they certainly don't look like they're in high school. I can't wait to check out ep 3. Yeah Haruhi is a lot more selfish, but they both carry that can-do spirit and I love that. Oh J-san, the guy for Haruhi, his name is Kyon.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (DarkSkyLady @ Jan 30 2007, 04:35 AM) I thought I read from somewhere else that these were supposed high school students. I don't really know, they certainly don't look like they're in high school. I can't wait to check out ep 3. Yeah Haruhi is a lot more selfish, but they both carry that can-do spirit and I love that. Oh J-san, the guy for Haruhi, his name is Kyon.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Arigatou DarkSkyLady, I forgot his name completely, but apparently its just a nickname given to him by Haruhi and that no one actually knows his real name (I don't think his name was fully mentioned in the anime.....but I forgotten still......I'm probably talking a load of jack
laugh.gif
).

Me as well, I want to see eppy 3 ASAP.

Cya

QUOTE (MKK2004 @ Jan 28 2007, 09:24 PM) episode 2 was really good, the pace of the story is really good with constantly good quality. The theme is also really strong so I enjoy watching this serie, and Manabi is just so funny to watch. STRAIGHT FORWARD GO~

http://youtube.com/watch?v=leQ8RvoaSpg
After watching the PV I think the serie will be a surprise drama type, probably some emo involved
It's a shame that I only see it now(well,I'm called 'Mr.Snail' in OtoBoku's thread,though I myself who give that title
tongue.gif
),but I think MKK-sama is right.From the music used we could tell that this might turn out to be pretty emotional at least at the end of the series....kinda like Mahoromatic,I guess?I'm sucker for this type of series,and now knowing this,I become more and more expecting of the future ep.s of 'Manabi Straight'!
laugh.gif
(wonder if it was their school that looks like a ruin in that PV?
huh.gif
Ugh.....the anticipation....the ANTICIPATION is getting higher..!!!!
mad.gif
)
"Will 'Manabi Straight' become a tearjecker story at the end after all?!Let's wait with full anticipation for that!!
mad.gif
"(read the sentences as if a radio-DJ is reading it..
wink.gif
)
Manabi-chan,FAITO!!!
laugh.gif
(anyway,why the 'extraterrestial Manami?
huh.gif
)
And Juhachi-sempai,if someday you get a hold on Seioh-Gakuen's school song by Yui-sama,would you mind posting it here or at the Anime Music's thread?Like MKK-sama and everyone else here,I really love that song.(never heard such a lovely anthem for a school!
tongue.gif
)
Off-topic:J-san....Kyon was actually not a nickname given to him by Haruhi-sama...but it's always been his nickname
laugh.gif
But all the characters in Haruhi-sama's show only called him with that(Kyon)...
huh.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back