Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (Juhachi @ Jan 21 2007, 02:58 AM) That has not been confirmed yet as far as I know. I'm hoping for it to be 26.
biggrin.gif

But looking at it's superb animation quality....don't you think it's much more like a 12/13/14 episodes series,Juhachi-sempai?
huh.gif
But of course,there's nothing wrong with hoping,I myself hope this will be a 26 ep.s series!
tongue.gif
much the same like Juhachi-sempai
laugh.gif
even 24 ep.s would be fine.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Juhachi @ Jan 21 2007, 02:44 AM)Holy, I just discovered something:

- Amamiya Manami
- Etoh Mei
- Inamori Mika
- Odori Momoha
- Uehara Mutsuki

Or in the Japanese ordering:

- Amamiya Manami
- Inamori Mika
- Uehara Mutsuki
- Etoh Mei
- Odori Momoha

Btw, this was the order that the Character mini albums came out in.

XD I love this series even more now.Interesting....really really interesting.How brilliant of you to figure that out,Juhachi-sempai!
biggrin.gif
And yet another interesting point that make me want more of the series!
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (d'observer @ Jan 21 2007, 02:29 AM) Interesting....really really interesting.How brilliant of you to figure that out,Juhachi-sempai!
biggrin.gif
And yet another interesting point that make me want more of the series!
biggrin.gif

I actually realized it when I was torrenting all 5 albums at once and I was resizing the field that displayed the file names and when I was resizing it back to small, I stopped where it was listed as A, E, I, O, U. By mere coincidence, I was downloading them in that order.
laugh.gif
I'm uploading all 5 albums to megaupload right now and I'll post them in the Anime Music Thread when they're finished.
biggrin.gif

Edit: Alright; the albums are all up in the music thread. ^^

wow, this looks like its gunna be a good series. i was having trouble looking for a new show to watch, but i guess i found one now! i luv the ending w/ the plastercine figures in the end, very creative! at first i thought they were all kids (b/c of the drawings), but i guess i was wrong?

Harukalover-san(a member of FTV and also one of Azai's fansubber!
blink.gif
) has told us that there will be no more clay animation ED in 2nd episode.But the OP would finally make its debut..
laugh.gif
.Now,I really can't wait for the 2nd subbed ep. to come out.
laugh.gif
This anime is really good!
laugh.gif
(but why there's not much people involved in this thread....?
huh.gif
)
Anyway,looking at its animation quality,ufotable has surely shown its ability to us as a great anime studio.Now I can be rest assured about the upcoming movie of Kara no Kyoukai(Garden of Sinners),which will also be animated by ufotable.
biggrin.gif
Really look forward for that!
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (d'observer @ Jan 25 2007, 01:25 PM) Harukalover-san(a member of FTV and also one of Azai's fansubber!
blink.gif
) has told us that there will be no more clay animation ED in 2nd episode.But the OP would finally make its debut..
laugh.gif
.Now,I really can't wait for the 2nd subbed ep. to come out.
laugh.gif

It was just a one time thing. Episode 3 got back the clay animation and the original Happy Lucky ending song has returned as well.

2 will be out hopefully in a few days or so...

I just read what this show was about now and I'm a bit curious. I love shows of this nature usually so I'll have to download the first ep and see what's what. Unfortunately I have to make some major room on my laptop as I have very little space left. What am I going to remove?
sad.gif
There are too many good shows out right now. Is this a blessing or a curse?
biggrin.gif

I'm thinking of downloading this anime right now.........but I have a problem.....which fansubber do I use Azai, Eclipse & gg or Ryoumi.

I think that "Manabi Straight" is a shorten name for the original title...I don't know ?

D-san, I will follow your words as a fellow loyal member of the NGE thread
biggrin.gif

ByeBye

JCDRanzer, I think I already downloaded mine from Aizai. If you did dl from someone different than I guess we could always compare notes on how the subbing was.
biggrin.gif
I'm off to watch this ep now and will post more after I've seen at least the first ep.

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jan 26 2007, 08:17 AM) D-san, I will follow your words as a fellow loyal member of the NGE thread
biggrin.gif

haha,thanx,J-san
biggrin.gif
I don't really know how to explain this but(I was never good at making a review for an anime...)but there is something about this anime that mekes me feel good.
laugh.gif
It's just I can't get enough of it,and I feel kinda relaxed and good while watching it.
laugh.gif
The plot is smooth and you can hardly find any loose part in it.The 1st ep. really give a good impression and Harukalover-san(-sempai?
huh.gif
) doesn't mention anything bad about the 2nd,so I guess this will surely become one of the best anime for us to start this new year!
laugh.gif

Off-Topic:Just want to ask a little bit from Harukalover-sempai.Since you clearly a Kiminozo's and Haruka's(I am Haruka's fan too
tongue.gif
),do you by any chance know about the new Kiminozo,that's said to be having a new storyline for it?I failed to find any new news on that...
sad.gif
Hail Kiminozo!!
sad.gif
Hail Haruka-chan!!
mad.gif

Just saw the first ep and I got to say I understand that good feeling d'observer-san is talking about. I couldn't help smiling at how upbeat and gung-ho Manabi is. I also liked the school song she sang. It all seemed so uplifting, I'm not surprised they made her student council president. I'll have to get the next ep when it comes out. And figure out what to remove from my comp so I have more space. This show made me laugh and smile. She actually reminds me a bit of Pippi Longstocking. She seems to believe that she can do anything and the only thing people truly can dislike about a person like that is not liking the fact that they can't feel the same way.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (DarkSkyLady @ Jan 26 2007, 06:47 PM) Just saw the first ep and I got to say I understand that good feeling d'observer-san is talking about. I couldn't help smiling at how upbeat and gung-ho Manabi is. I also liked the school song she sang. It all seemed so uplifting, I'm not surprised they made her student council president. I'll have to get the next ep when it comes out. And figure out what to remove from my comp so I have more space. This show made me laugh and smile. She actually reminds me a bit of Pippi Longstocking. She seems to believe that she can do anything and the only thing people truly can dislike about a person like that is not liking the fact that they can't feel the same way.
biggrin.gif

DarkSkyLady, did u download it as a H264 MKV file by Azai.........wat does "H264" mean ?

At the moment I'm downloading the Eclipse-gg fansub one which is a AVI file, but I may download the one above because it has more seeds and leechers. I downloaded eclipse first coz I liked the work they did on FSN.

Cya 4 now!

Don't consider this as double day, its just no one has been for a day and all.

Yup, D-san and DSL-san, this anime is great, its cute, has a warm feeling, funny.

The animation is a criteria that sometimes I just check, coz I don't want to see n eyesore for an anime. The style used for this anime matches the feel and plot of the anime, if the style was different.............just imagine, they may end up making the anime ecchi, but coz the art is done in such a way, ppl don't think of it. Basically, wat I'm trying to say is the style of art used allows the viewers to concentrate on wat's going on and actually helps you focus on the story........instead of the viewer dictating and intending of wat they wants to see, it makes the audience to allow the story to unravel.

This anime looks like its gonna be about 11 to 12 episodes.

Oh yeah, episode 02 is out by Ryoumi fansubs.

ByeBye

J-san, thanks for the heads up. I checked for the new ep sometime yesterday. They always seem to come out with the next ep of a show I'm watching after I'm at work, school, or finally decided to get some sleep.
sad.gif
But I will not be disheartened. This anime will lift my spirits no doubt once again. Can't wait to get some of the music from it either. It's so cutesy. Wonder if Gendou has anything yet. Downloading it now. Can't wait to critique it some more. See you guys soon!
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (d'observer @ Jan 27 2007, 01:52 PM) Wonder what happened to Azai fansubs...?
huh.gif
HarukaLover-sempai..?
unsure.gif

We sub at our own pace and for ourselves.

So don't expect speedy releases. Want speed then watch it from Ryoumi or any other group.

I'm currently downloading ep 2 from Ryoumi.
biggrin.gif
It's taking a while though as I have a lot downloading. But if their subs are good and they shoot them out speedily, I'll probably stick with them. I'm not even sure where I got the first ep from anyway. How many fansubbers are subbing this show anyway. Hopefully it'll be done in another thirty minutes and I can finally watch it. This show is so cute.

QUOTE (Harukalover @ Jan 19 2007, 10:18 PM) It isn't entirely original. Ninja Nonsense or also known as 2x2=Shinobuden had a clay animation ending song as well.
Sorry about the late reply, but I would like to point out Ninja Nonsense and Futakoi Alternative were both animated by ufotable as well, and both shows had clay animation ending...so I'm guessing if a 'tradition' thing for ufotable to do that.

after seeing episode 2, i really like that clapping beat
laugh.gif
reminds me of kill bill
tongue.gif

i'm gonna stay tuned to this anime for a while
laugh.gif

I'm scratching my head because I didn't realize while i was watching...I was laughing at this girl on some weird scooter type flying machine???...Talking about Manabi style, huh???...Breaking into the school song to win a a student council election...then standing on top of a podium spouting a cheesy line *Go Straight Forward*

So why...Why was i laughing???...did i really like this...And why did i think that word at the end of the eppy...genious???...it was just one episode...But wasn't the anime quality borderline perfect too...The characters were unique their personalities don't seem to be ripped off from your basic type animes...

So I watched eppy 2...Hmm i was still laughing...Then there was that moment... Mei, the stern and stubborn hothead was observing Manabi and the others selling items for a student council/garage type sale...So Mei gets out of her seat where she was angsting and says...*Hey Use 50 yen coins so we don't have to give you change* I don't know why exactly but I laughed, and then laughed again, and then laughed harder...why???

Because small random stuff like that is just plain funny and clever...I mean good portions of the episode was spent acquiring supplies and labor for the renovation of the student council room...and at times there was so little dialouge...but just their simple random actions w/out talking I found amusing...that is when it crossed my mind that this could be possibly...just maybe...a hit...and who knew...a show called Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight huh...I almost didn't download it just because of the name...what an odd name...But it was so odd i had to download it...I realized I had been tricked by it's oddness...it was so odd that it bordered on genious...

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back