Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (d'observer @ Feb 02 2007, 11:08 AM) Haha....and i thought i was kinda late to congarts you on that...
laugh.gif
(I noticed it yesterday....noob-sama(sama!),usspaul-sama and wwwwww-sama is now part of FTV's Team
laugh.gif
)Anyway,congratulations again sempai!!
laugh.gif
(I think you really deserves that title...
laugh.gif
)
And when you mentioned it sempai...this series was indeed subbed at pretty slow rate....shouldn't the RAW of 4th ep. released a few days ago..?But we still haven't got the 3rd subbed ep....but I guess the fansubbers has already give their best for this...
wink.gif
But,this show is really GOOOD!!Need another 'dose' of this quick...or i'll be gone insane and uncontrollable......
tongue.gif

My English was only at decent level..hehe...
tongue.gif
(I'm not good at English-instructive and poetic...)
D-san, ur English is brillant, as Arc once said to Shiki in Tsukihime "You underestimate yourself too much!" (I think Arcueid said that........why did she die in the anime.....crycrycrycrycrycry
sad.gif
...sniff..sniff...hankie please!

Yup waiting 4 the next eppy!

Cya

Juhachi congratulations on the sempai ranking!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
D-san, I like your theory as well. Maybe something like that does occur. It'll be interesting to see how this show plays off. I hope it doesn't end up being a really sad show though. I like the spirit and strength of the characters.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (DarkSkyLady @ Feb 02 2007, 03:50 PM)Juhachi congratulations on the sempai ranking!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
D-san, I like your theory as well. Maybe something like that does occur. It'll be interesting to see how this show plays off. I hope it doesn't end up being a really sad show though. I like the spirit and strength of the characters.
biggrin.gif

It can't be sad, this show has manabi after all ^^

It better not be or I'll go insane
laugh.gif
. This show is as inspiring as The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya to me. There's not many shows of it's kind that are both humorous and uplifting so this one needs to stay that way.
biggrin.gif

Actually this anime some how reminds me of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya", could it be Hirano Aya? the mood of the show? the art(which is quite similar)? or is there some of the Haruhis creator team involved...? ^^

The team could be involved as it does seem extremely similar. I may have to try and research this to find out. When I know more I'll post it here. Do you think there will be any love interests in this show. So far, it doesn't seem like it. Seems more about friendship and fighting spirit.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (DarkSkyLady @ Feb 02 2007, 02:12 PM) The team could be involved as it does seem extremely similar. I may have to try and research this to find out. When I know more I'll post it here. Do you think there will be any love interests in this show. So far, it doesn't seem like it. Seems more about friendship and fighting spirit.
biggrin.gif

I don't think there will be, I think they are attending to an all-girl school, probably Manabi's friends will grow a crush on her brother when they meet him, when they go to her house for a slumber-party or something.

Also do u remember in the PV on the field, both mika and mei (the Mai Hime's Natsuki look-a-like when she was younger.), they become romantically in love or become really good friends with each other.

I don't know....just guessing.

Cya

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Feb 02 2007, 07:13 AM) D-san, ur English is brillant, as Arc once said to Shiki in Tsukihime "You underestimate yourself too much!" (I think Arcueid said that........why did she die in the anime.....crycrycrycrycrycry
sad.gif
...sniff..sniff...hankie please!

Yup waiting 4 the next eppy!

Cya
Haha...thanx J-san
laugh.gif
But I'm not really UNDERestimating myself,but rather UNDERstand myself...
tongue.gif
Anyway,it's good that my english could at least be of use here...
tongue.gif

QUOTE (DarkSkyLady @ Feb 02 2007, 07:58 AM)It better not be or I'll go insane
laugh.gif
. This show is as inspiring as The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya to me. There's not many shows of it's kind that are both humorous and uplifting so this one needs to stay that way.I hope so too when I watched Mahoromatic!....but it ends up crazily sad and down......it's not really surprising if Manabi Straight indeed turned out to be emo and have sad ending,rather I actually kinda hoping for that..
tongue.gif
(though I maybe feel really down myself and go
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
).Anyway,if this show does end up be a sad one with it's ending,maybe we should quickly check up on DarkSkyLady-san......
"It better not be or I'll go insane
laugh.gif
"
That sentence really made me worried.....
QUOTE (J-san)I don't think there will be, I think they are attending to an all-girl school, probably Manabi's friends will grow a crush on her brother when they meet him, when they go to her house for a slumber-party or something.
Mmmmmmm,my calculation has come up with something....the probabilty that J-san's guess might realy happened in Manabi Straight.........:2%
Gomen J-san,but I think it's not likely to happened.This show has already reeks with yuri aura here and there...
tongue.gif

QUOTE (d'observer @ Feb 02 2007, 03:12 PM) Haha...thanx J-san
laugh.gif
But I'm not really UNDERestimating myself,but rather UNDERstand myself...
tongue.gif
Anyway,it's good that my english could at least be of use here...
tongue.gif
I hope so too when I watched Mahoromatic!....but it ends up crazily sad and down......it's not really surprising if Manabi Straight indeed turned out to be emo and have sad ending,rather I actually kinda hoping for that..
tongue.gif
(though I maybe feel really down myself and go
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
).Anyway,if this show does end up be a sad one with it's ending,maybe we should quickly check up on DarkSkyLady-san......
"It better not be or I'll go insane
laugh.gif
"
That sentence really made me worried.....QUOTE (J-san)I don't think there will be, I think they are attending to an all-girl school, probably Manabi's friends will grow a crush on her brother when they meet him, when they go to her house for a slumber-party or something.
Mmmmmmm,my calculation has come up with something....the probabilty that J-san's guess might realy happened in Manabi Straight.........:2%
Gomen J-san,but I think it's not likely to happened.This show has already reeks with yuri aura here and there...
tongue.gif

Yeah I hope the guess I made is completely wrong to this anime. I don't want to see sad animes anymore, its just too much to handle, my head got messed up when I finished watching FSN and Shingetsutan Tsukihime (this one almost made me cry........its unbelievably sad at the end!) and to some extent Onegai Teacher! but it wasn't sad, its just that something amazing I was watching finished but when I saw Onegai Twins!...I kinda lost all interest of it.

Does anyone know how many episodes are planned for this anime series ?

Thanx.

Bye

You guys better send me a bunch of messages if this turns out sad. I'll be soooo looossstt!
laugh.gif
I'm not sure at this point how many eps there are supposed to be. I just hope the next ep is subbed soon. I also got to look for those songs. I didn't find them the last time I searched. I guess that's probably because the show is so new so it takes time. I could handle it if Manabi dies and maybe her courage and strength of spirit resides in those whose lives she touched. It would be bittersweet but beautiful.

mannn, i would be bummed if manabi died in the end or something, i mean, i'm also tired of sad endings, why can't things just turn out happy?
sad.gif

QUOTE (xxanime_junkyxx @ Feb 02 2007, 04:00 PM) mannn, i would be bummed if manabi died in the end or something, i mean, i'm also tired of sad endings, why can't things just turn out happy?
sad.gif

Hehe....because life itself doesn't always full of happy moment all the time...
tongue.gif
and animes are the reflection of our life(that's why we love animes SOO much..
biggrin.gif
).I guess that's why xxanime_junkyxx-san
biggrin.gif
(man...your name is looong
tongue.gif
).But.even though I'm not one that can handle sad and emotional ending well...I'm actually the one that crave for one....
ph34r.gif
I loves anime that left me with some weird and uneasy feeling in the end(sad,confused and such)....but whicever ends Manabi-chan's show would have....there's no doubt it's already made itself a way into my faourite animes' list.
biggrin.gif
Manabi-chan...FAITOO!!
laugh.gif

Animes that left me with uneasy feelings for it's ending:EVA,Mahoromatic!,Kiminozo(this stuff was sad and tormenting for me for the entire show....
sad.gif
),Cowboy Bebop(just give a few example of it,and those series was also among my favourites
biggrin.gif
,so you guys might tell my taste in anime already...
tongue.gif
)

I can handle shows that have sad or bittersweet endings, but when I see too much back to back my mind just starts harping on it and what I would've done to change things. But yeah, sad shows are also good. When I was watching FullMetal Alchemist, which has a few sad eps, I asked some guy friends of mine to watch the show because it was great and they said they tried and it was just too depressing for them.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (DarkSkyLady @ Feb 03 2007, 06:20 AM) I can handle shows that have sad or bittersweet endings, but when I see too much back to back my mind just starts harping on it and what I would've done to change things. But yeah, sad shows are also good. When I was watching FullMetal Alchemist, which has a few sad eps, I asked some guy friends of mine to watch the show because it was great and they said they tried and it was just too depressing for them.
biggrin.gif

Almost all great animes I have seen always leave me depressed (Shingetsutan Tsukihime is an example of an anime that I watched recently and I've been depressed ever since from the end, its just toooooo sadddddddd to take in!) and begging for more.

I just started watching Manabi today, originally I wasn't going to because it looked way too cutesy but there seems to be such a buzz around it that I d/led an ep. to see what the fuss was about and I have to say it's really easy to watch, very engaging and fun, yet also has that all important pathos (especially Mei, where they've perfectly captured the paradox of shyness). It reminds me a bit of when I started watching Kamisama Kazoku which was also fresh and fun and with an original style.

The BGM is very unusual (can it even be called music?), it reminds me of the rhythmic clapping you hear in some sports, in skipping contests maybe? Something like that. It fits the school atmoshere and Manabi's "go forward" character anyhow. The BGM in anime series in recent years constantly amazes me, every series I watch has a different sort of sound, always original and always perfect for creating just the right atmosphere, in stark contrast to Western TV shows where the music is just "same ol' same ol'", nothing to distinguish one series from another.

Yeah, this is definitely one of those shows that kind of sneak up on you. When i looked at the first ep and saw this little kids I was thinking it wasn't my kind of show but as I watched the entire ep that Manabi spirit reeled me in.
biggrin.gif
Can't wait to see what happens next.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Hiroyuki @ Feb 03 2007, 02:38 PM) I just started watching Manabi today, originally I wasn't going to because it looked way too cutesy but there seems to be such a buzz around it that I d/led an ep. to see what the fuss was about and I have to say it's really easy to watch, very engaging and fun, yet also has that all important pathos (especially Mei, where they've perfectly captured the paradox of shyness). It reminds me a bit of when I started watching Kamisama Kazoku which was also fresh and fun and with an original style.

The BGM is very unusual (can it even be called music?), it reminds me of the rhythmic clapping you hear in some sports, in skipping contests maybe? Something like that. It fits the school atmoshere and Manabi's "go forward" character anyhow. The BGM in anime series in recent years constantly amazes me, every series I watch has a different sort of sound, always original and always perfect for creating just the right atmosphere, in stark contrast to Western TV shows where the music is just "same ol' same ol'", nothing to distinguish one series from another.
Hiroyuki-san.......
mad.gif
..........WELCOME TO DA'CLUB!!
laugh.gif
I hope many more would join us here,because Manabi-chan's show is just SOOO GOOOD
biggrin.gif
(it somehow soothe your mind,made you smile all by yourself while watching it.... and like Hiroyuki-san said...it's easy to watch!
biggrin.gif
)

When she dived into the pool, after allowing them all to build up their expectations that she was a great swimmer, that made me LOL, she obviously couldn't swim at all! Nice double entendre of her name and "learning", when she said she swam "Manabi style" I guess she really meant she was a learner swimmer.

I wonder now if the reason she was pulling at her swimsuit in the earlier scene was maybe she'd never even worn one before....

It was even funnier when they showed her tangled in the lane dividers after she jumped into the pool. I was like, "So that's Manabi style. Hmm." Need more work.
biggrin.gif
Ep 3, where are you?
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (DarkSkyLady @ Feb 03 2007, 09:37 PM) It was even funnier when they showed her tangled in the lane dividers after she jumped into the pool. I was like, "So that's Manabi style. Hmm." Need more work.
biggrin.gif
Ep 3, where are you?
biggrin.gif

Yup eagerly waiting for the next anime, what has that other school president got to say ????????

Bye

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back