Fullmetal Alchemist

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
I'm reading chp 104 and facepalming all the way. Who'd have thought that after all that awesome buildup we'll get something as meh and cliche as this. Oh no, the villain turns into a tentacly monster and wants to destroy the world for personal gain. Psheh, spare me, how many times have we seen this? I'd say too many. Complete with a giant blobber of dark energy swelling on the surface before exploding yadayadayada. Next thing we know, the hero through his awesome willpower and superior motive will crash the opponent's wrong way of thinking, sacrificing himself in the process, and everyone will live happily ever after. Or something like this. Pfft
dry.gif

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Feb 09 2010, 11:36 PM) I'm reading chp 104 and facepalming all the way. Who'd have thought that after all that awesome buildup we'll get something as meh and cliche as this. Oh no, the villain turns into a tentacly monster and wants to destroy the world for personal gain. Psheh, spare me, how many times have we seen this? I'd say too many. Complete with a giant blobber of dark energy swelling on the surface before exploding yadayadayada. Next thing we know, the hero through his awesome willpower and superior motive will crash the opponent's wrong way of thinking, sacrificing himself in the process, and everyone will live happily ever after. Or something like this. Pfft
dry.gif

wat?

If anything the last ~50 chapters or so were npthing less than epic

and Father is far better villain with far better goals than your standard shonen baddies.

Meh, I feel like the recent chapter failed the buildup. My problem is precisely that at this moment Homonculus ISN'T all that different from a typical Shounen baddie, and cpt 104 was basically throwing a cliche after a cliche. Also, I'd expect at least something more original than "I want to rule the world" from the main villain in FMA. It's just too mundane.

^He never said he wanted to rule the world. I believe wanting to obtain what one believes to be is perfection is more than enough of a valid goal for any antagonist to have. He would have no rules, no limitations, not to mention he would no longer need his container; which I believe is one of the major motives behind all this; the homonculus wants his freedom from the flask.

Anyway, it really does seem like we're one chapter away from the finale... chapter 107 really did give off the "finishing tocuhes" feel, and of course now that Ed has his arm back there isn't much else left except to get Alfonse back. Yet, I do wonder what he will give in exchange...
dry.gif

Shit, if the anime stuff lames it out IN ANY WAY, I'm going to kill them dead. That was one of the best endings ever, and seeing Winry crying like a baby over Ed and Al's return made me go haywire too. Masterpiece till the very end.

QUOTE (qrdel @ Jun 10 2010, 03:50 PM) Shit, if the anime stuff lames it out IN ANY WAY, I'm going to kill them dead. That was one of the best endings ever, and seeing Winry crying like a baby over Ed and Al's return made me go haywire too. Masterpiece till the very end.
tHE BEST PART?

Truth Scenes. Some real deep stuff there.

Well, a pretty good ending, but somewhat predictable too, and of course we weren't spared the mandatory "happily ever after" stuff, though thankfully it was pretty short.

Wouldn't call the Truth scenes "deep", but the religious references were pretty cool, agreed.

Also, I think I just coumpetely lost any incentive to watch the anime adaptation. They'll just make it all overblown and cheesy anyway.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Jun 15 2010, 04:45 PM)
Also, I think I just coumpetely lost any incentive to watch the anime adaptation. They'll just make it all overblown and cheesy anyway.
But i thought this adaption unlike the first was following the manga alot more closely? (Wouldnt know how close since i dont watch it) So its possible it could have the same ending as done here.

Yes they are, but unlike Anybody here, I dislike the style af the adaptation, especially the music.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Jun 15 2010, 08:47 PM) Yes they are, but unlike Anybody here, I dislike the style af the adaptation, especially the music.
Whats wrong with the style of the adaption? doesnt it follow the manga?

OK now, the music is one of the best parts of this show
smile.gif

QUOTE (qrdel @ Jun 15 2010, 02:24 PM) OK now, the music is one of the best parts of this show
smile.gif

Heh, agreed. Actually, Aus is the only person I've yet to see with complaints about the music.
laugh.gif
No offense, but maybe that's not a field for you to pursue.
tongue.gif

QUOTE Whats wrong with the style of the adaption?

It's too flashy for my taste. And there's a difference between "style" and "accuracy. There's a hundred ways to "follow the manga".

QUOTE Heh, agreed. Actually, Aus is the only person I've yet to see with complaints about the music. No offense, but maybe that's not a field for you to pursue.

Because my opinion is different from the rest? Mind you, the music is not bad in general (although fairly simplistic and unoriginal tbh), but most dislike the placement and how the tune sometimes doesn't do its job of getting the audience (me) in the mood for the scene on the screen.

That's for the OST itself. As for OP/ED, most of it is trash that bleeds my ears. I suppose they didn't have the budget to hire good bands to do them like for FMA1. Or maybe it's a matter of taste. Regardless, it's stuff I'd rather expect to see in Naruto rather than FMA.

Although overall I can understand the somewhat more forgiving attitude from most of the rest of the audience who don't analyze the music quite as much as I do most of the time. I s'pose music education has its ups and downs.

QUOTE Although overall I can understand the somewhat more forgiving attitude from most of the rest of the audience who don't analyze the music quite as much as I do most of the time. I s'pose music education has its ups and downs.

So now you've gotta be literate to enjoy music enough? C'mon. I'm like most people here, enjoying what's catchy and what fits the overall image. So far every song I saw as an OP/ED in FMA2 did it's job. Some were better, some were average but overall ok.

As for score, it's one of the better this year if not the best. That being said I haven't had this much fun with any score music since Casshern Sins and 'Luna' track. This, you don't have to study music, to know, supposedly. Ne?

QUOTE So now you've gotta be literate to enjoy music enough?

Not what I said. But one does tend to enjoy different kinds of music, and, well, be more demanding in many cases. "Catchy" just doesn't cut it most of the time.

If it IS one of the best OSTs this year thus far, it's only because there hasn't been serious competition. Although I personally enjoyed those for Five Leaves and Haruka's mirror a bit more.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back