FTV Fansubbing Project/Group

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Please don't mind me. I'll go along with what you guys want. I did 20%, so I don't mind stopping.

dont mind me either. im on my way to page 10.

Alright, after some thinking, I got word that Thora will *eventually* do ef ~memories~ so scratch that since they'll most likely be using Menclave's scripts.
For now, if labk1ta still hasn't discarded whatever work was done on Genji, let's finish this one and at least get a release out. The point of the release is not to compete with other groups.
@langes01x: I agree that if another group has picked it up it puts us at a disadvantage, but for now, the purpose is to get feedback from the community.

I agree that we need to get something out so please continue. I just thought I would let everyone know that someone else picked it up so we are all on the same page and can decide what should be done as a result of it.

Did we want to start editing Shana then and get a pipeline going or would that be too much for you to try and organize? I don't want us to be overwhelmed but we should also be working on something or else we are for the most part just sitting around. That is assuming Shana II is the next thing on the list.

QUOTE (langes01x @ Mar 18 2009, 10:24 AM) I agree that we need to get something out so please continue. I just thought I would let everyone know that someone else picked it up so we are all on the same page and can decide what should be done as a result of it.

Did we want to start editing Shana then and get a pipeline going or would that be too much for you to try and organize? I don't want us to be overwhelmed but we should also be working on something or else we are for the most part just sitting around. That is assuming Shana II is the next thing on the list.
I don't see a problem with moving, but I would need 2 things done. The first is I need someone to get approval from Eclipse to use their subs/scripts for the DVDs by going on to their IRC channel. I'm still trying to figure out how to properly use irc unfortunately, unless of course someone here interprets the following message as it's okay and they won't mind:

QUOTE Does this mean you think it's OK if I used your subs for X?
Depends on the value of X.  We'd prefer you didn't sell them on eBay or something like it, but it's not like we can stop you.  We don't mind if you use them to make a non-English fansub, though, but even if we did, it's not like we could stop you from doing that either.  As for taking them and making your own English fansub, that'd just be silly, but again it's not like we could do anything to stop you.  Oh, and if you are using our scripts to make your own fansub in whatever language, please try to make sure you're actually competent enough to pull it off without embarassing yourself, before you start doing it.  Hint: you won't like the answer if you ask us for help with retranslating, demuxing scripts, duplicating signs etc., etc.  (Yes, people have asked us. Several times.)

The second thing is I need someone to then rip the scripts from the h264 versions. avi ones don't often come out nice. If someone knows how to do this with haali media splitter, I may be able to help, but I will need to get the h264 files first then.

I've got the mkv shana II episodes at home and know how to demux the scripts so no problem there. I can probably post all the scripts tonight.

Since they say QUOTE As for taking them and making your own English fansub, that'd just be silly, but again it's not like we could do anything to stop you. I would think they don't care what happens with their subs as long as we don't try and impersonate them or bother them with advice.

If you want to try contacting them you could try using ChatZilla which works from your browser which means no need for another program.

Mibbit also works in the browser and requires no plug-ins or anything. It can connect to Rizon along with many other popular networks.

QUOTE (langes01x @ Mar 18 2009, 12:26 PM) I've got the mkv shana II episodes at home and know how to demux the scripts so no problem there. I can probably post all the scripts tonight.

Since they say I would think they don't care what happens with their subs as long as we don't try and impersonate them or bother them with advice.

If you want to try contacting them you could try using ChatZilla which works from your browser which means no need for another program.

Mibbit also works in the browser and requires no plug-ins or anything. It can connect to Rizon along with many other popular networks.
I use those to some extent, but while at home my connection isn't that good. Regardless, I don't plan on not crediting them if we do release. I'll start looking at dvd rips.

Subtitles have been ripped along with the chapter files and fonts. They are attached below.

Subtitles are in ass/ssa format, chapters are in txt format. I'd like to make sure we have chapters in the final release so I'm including the ones that were in the original files.

I didn't see many dvd-rip copies in my brief search through the internet so hopefully you have better luck finding a good one.

EDIT: The movie is licensed right?

Attachments

• Shakugan_no_Shana_II_ass_subtitles___chapters___fonts.zip
    320.8 KB · Views: 402
I've finally finished the timing for Genji episode 2. Here you go.

Attachments

• Genji_Monogatari_Episode_2_subtitles.zip
    63.5 KB · Views: 395
QUOTE (langes01x @ Mar 18 2009, 07:18 PM) EDIT: The movie is licensed right?
I don't think so....only the first season. I'll take a look at the subtitle files a bit later. In the mean time I'll look for some raws.

QUOTE (labk1ta @ Mar 19 2009, 12:23 AM)I've finally finished the timing for Genji episode 2. Here you go.

Great. Thanks labk1ta. I took a glance at it for now and it looks really nice so far. When I get the chance I'll start doing a bit of QC on it. In the mean time, do we want to do karaoke for this as well as some typesetting? Or should we skip to the encoding after I run a few QCs on it?

I think we should skip the karaoke for now. We'll do it next time.

So Kit any update on where we are at or what needs to be done? I have a feeling that a lot of the work is being pushed off on you where we should be doing something.

Also it seems a few people are clamoring for episode 2 of Genji so this would be as good a time as ever to try and get something out unless we want to spend some more time ironing out the rough patches. See comment on this torrent: http://tokyotosho.com/details.php?id=200059

I saw it and it's because of me having a lack of time right now. I do apologize for the hold up as of late. I have a lot of things piled on me for the next two weeks and trying to essentially fit everything I can into my schedule....from homework to midterms to this to the webzine, etc.... I just didn't expect everything to happen at once....and now I'm just making excuses
dry.gif

You guys can encode the file if you want with hard and/or soft subs right now if you want and if there is anything needed to be fixed later I will say something and we can release a v2 if we want.

where the raw and which show we doing I see Shana and Genji

QUOTE (Kansatsusha-sama @ Mar 24 2009, 12:49 AM) where the raw and which show we doing I see Shana and Genji
The raw was uploaded by Kit on page 2. We are doing Genji episode 2.

I took some time to do a quick run through of the episode. I skipped segments here and there unfortunately, but it looks like everything is fine so far. So if someone could slap the subs on to the raw as one file (and possibly compress file size without losing quality) and create xvid/h264 versions, we're set to release via torrent.

When I get the chance I will rewatch it again thoroughly to make sure we didn't miss something. Last but not least, any particular group name we want to label ourselves as when we release this?

I try to encode it before the week end unless the other encoder does it.

edit
Well it look like it going to take me a bit longer so =P

Im back, sorry for my rather delayed absense

Kansa, i can get it done wednesday morning if you cant get it done by then, and i have all Friday off also, so if you cant get it done Kansa give me the programs your using and ill get it done Wednesday morning if you want?

I never got on my pc today so i couldnt encode, i dont know if Kansa did it though.

But i think we should stick since practice makes perfect.

Plus if we can get better over the next few weeks, in theory shouldt the group be ready to do it more regulary by Summer ?

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back