FTV Fansubbing Project/Group

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (langes01x @ Feb 16 2009, 10:49 AM) Sekirei DVDs are being done by multiple groups so that may not be the best idea. Also I thought yesy was releasing their own DVD copies. It makes no sense to do something that is already out there and done by well known groups.

If you still really want to do them then I'm in but to me it doesn't make much sense.
yesy was only releasing scripts. Musubi-Weib were using their scripts to release the episodes.

Regardless, I'm fine if you guys don't want to do it. I could ask around a bit for whose scripts we could use, but I may be limited in resources in doing so since I have no irc access here.

My other thought is School Days, but I'll have to ask AniYoshi about that. Shana II may also work....I think Eclipse may be a bit more lenient, but I think they only use irc for communication.

Shakugan no Shana II was aired in HD as far as I know so DVDs would probably be a decrease in quality unless we opt for blueray. (Just my opinion though)

School days seems fine since no one has done a DVD version.

Sekirei is still fine if you want to do it. I thought yesy was releasing the DVD rips themselves. It all depends on how much you want to do the series.

QUOTE (langes01x @ Feb 16 2009, 02:11 PM) Shakugan no Shana II was aired in HD as far as I know so DVDs would probably be a decrease in quality unless we opt for blueray. (Just my opinion though)

School days seems fine since no one has done a DVD version.

Sekirei is still fine if you want to do it. I thought yesy was releasing the DVD rips themselves. It all depends on how much you want to do the series.
Shana II is a bit long (24 eps) and I don't remember it airing in HD...may have just been an upscale. Not that it matters since DVDs do make the animation seems more fine and less blurry. Regardless that is not the point here.

School Days so far looks like a winner. AniYoshi did a DVD for the uncut episode 12, but doesn't mean that we can't do the remaining ones
tongue.gif

Sekirei I'm not too keen on doing it. I just threw this idea on the table since scripts are available for download from yesy themselves.

Nevertheless, I would like to get other people's opinions who are interested in the project rather than just ours XD

As for an update right now on this project. I am waiting on a script of Tale of Genji that someone has offered to us. I have no idea when the user will get back to me ever on this.

In other news, Menclave has .ass subtitle files up on their website. I know I said that we shouldn't be doing blu-rays but at this point unless someone can find or present another set of subtitles, I'm considering working on Blu-Ray of ef ~A Tale of Memories~. I'm aware many people have done these, but none of which to my liking in Blu-Ray...let alone finished the series, and Thora is still contemplating as to whether to do this.

If no one has objections to that, I just need someone who can contact Menclave's admin or Daemon404 from Menclave asking if we can use their scripts/subtitles since I don't have access to irc while at school and that Menclave doesn't have a "contact" link on their site
dry.gif

TCPF have done all of Ef - Memories in blueray though they leave a little to be desired in terms of quality. If you want to do Ef and most of the others agree then we could do that.

I've never heard of Tale of Genji but I'm pretty much fine with anything so if we can get subs we can do that too.

I'd like some input from the other members though before we try and proceed with anything. They seem to be awful silent so that could either be seen as "I don't care" or "I've gone missing" the second of which would be a very bad thing.

I aint missing, im just waiting for what ever you guess want, plus im still learning the programs i need to encode etc, (iof some one wants to give me a specific list of the programs id need and whats best for the job then that would be great.

Just go with what you can get your hands on i think, beggars cant be choosey, not that were baggars or anything but you get the point i hope
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Feb 24 2009, 03:08 AM) I aint missing, im just waiting for what ever you guess want, plus im still learning the programs i need to encode etc, (iof some one wants to give me a specific list of the programs id need and whats best for the job then that would be great.

Just go with what you can get your hands on i think, beggars cant be choosey, not that were baggars or anything but you get the point i hope
biggrin.gif

Ask Kansa. He says he could help us out with the encoding and I think he said he could help teach some of us a thing or two about it...
rolleyes.gif
I believe he plans to use Adobe Premier (or one of the Adobe programs) as a "substitute," so if you have that it should work just fine. He also probably knows more about encoding than I do, let alone Adobe Premier.

Anyways, I got the Tales of Genji script and have attached it. Normally the scripts would be in txt files rather than word documents, but whatever. Anyways, the timing on the scripts are not necessarily the same as the raws we will be using so ignore them for now. I have began torrenting raws and will compare and decide which source we will be using. While I'm doing that, I need langes01x, and whoever else would like to be an editor, to go over the script and check for grammar. Translation is a minor issue right now as you don't have the raw present. Just make sure the speech flows well for now.

EDIT: scratch ef....I just found something we could work with (after Genji of course)...Koihime Musou DVDs....as I hear there were some changes to them...I don't know if AonE or Menclave released scripts however, so we may end up having to use the episodes themselves, which could be annoying....

Attachments

• genji_monogatari_sennenki_ep_2.doc
    79 KB · Views: 422
QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Feb 24 2009, 09:51 AM)EDIT: scratch ef....I just found something we could work with (after Genji of course)...Koihime Musou DVDs....as I hear there were some changes to them...I don't know if AonE or Menclave released scripts however, so we may end up having to use the episodes themselves, which could be annoying....

Menclave released the .ass for 1-8 Koihime Musou, AonE I am pretty sure did not though and you could always extract the subs from the mkv's using mkvextractGUI

QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Feb 24 2009, 04:08 AM)I aint missing, im just waiting for what ever you guess want, plus im still learning the programs i need to encode etc, (iof some one wants to give me a specific list of the programs id need and whats best for the job then that would be great.

There are a boatload of programs used for encoding nowadays

AviSynth
VDubMod
MeGUI
MKVtoolNix

are just a few that you should look into and are the most widley used

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Feb 24 2009, 08:51 AM) Anyways, I got the Tales of Genji script and have attached it. Normally the scripts would be in txt files rather than word documents, but whatever. Anyways, the timing on the scripts are not necessarily the same as the raws we will be using so ignore them for now. I have began torrenting raws and will compare and decide which source we will be using. While I'm doing that, I need langes01x, and whoever else would like to be an editor, to go over the script and check for grammar. Translation is a minor issue right now as you don't have the raw present. Just make sure the speech flows well for now.
I've started editing it but without a raw to see what is happening it's harder to edit than I'd expected. I'm grabbing a raw and will continue to edit the script. I could also reformat it to an ssa/ass file at the same time if you want. I should be done editing quite quickly if everything goes well.

QUOTE (langes01x @ Feb 24 2009, 04:25 PM) I've started editing it but without a raw to see what is happening it's harder to edit than I'd expected. I'm grabbing a raw and will continue to edit the script. I could also reformat it to an ssa/ass file at the same time if you want. I should be done editing quite quickly if everything goes well.
I currently have Saiyaman's raw...Zero-Raws is taking forever to download for some reason. If Zero-Raws doesn't move soon, we'll use Saiyaman's unless someone else here is capable of grabbing that particular raw. If you could convert it to .ass then sure because then we can start timing and typesetting.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Feb 24 2009, 04:43 PM) I currently have Saiyaman's raw...Zero-Raws is taking forever to download for some reason. If Zero-Raws doesn't move soon, we'll use Saiyaman's unless someone else here is capable of grabbing that particular raw. If you could convert it to .ass then sure because then we can start timing and typesetting.
I started grabbing Shin-Raws as it was the largest file size other than the 2+ GB ts raws. I can't comment on the quality but I just want something that I can use for reference when they refer to objects or situations. There is also the problem of past/present tense and whether they are just recalling something or it is happening when we watch the show.

Any idea why we have subs for episode two and not episode one? It seems a little odd but I don't mind. I see that a couple relatively unknown groups did pick up the show when it started but didn't get very far compared to the raws.

QUOTE (langes01x @ Feb 24 2009, 04:49 PM) I started grabbing Shin-Raws as it was the largest file size other than the 2+ GB ts raws. I can't comment on the quality but I just want something that I can use for reference when they refer to objects or situations. There is also the problem of past/present tense and whether they are just recalling something or it is happening when we watch the show.

Any idea why we have subs for episode two and not episode one? It seems a little odd but I don't mind. I see that a couple relatively unknown groups did pick up the show when it started but didn't get very far compared to the raws.
Episode 1 has been subbed. We could use the karaoke from the episode though if we want to. However, I have no idea the accuracy of the translation or exact lyrics since the OP single isn't out until tomorrow and the ED in another 2-3 weeks.

Well anyway i havent tested it with Premiere but i want to see the result but i have the other program to do the stuff
happy.gif

Hi guys, I am the one who translated the episode. As this is my first time translating an anime, I have no idea that translations should be in a txt.file. Actually, I translated this from the chinese subs for a friend who wanted to watch the anime but isn't fluent enough in Japanese to understand the raws.

By the way, I looked up the character names online yesterday and realised that I made some mistakes in the translation of the honorifics. I corrected them and saved the script in a txt. file. Will send the download link to Kit-Tsukasa as I am not allowed to post it here since I am a new user.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can do to help. I am totally clueless when it comes to the technical stuff though
tongue.gif

Well I managed to get the subtitles looked over, edited and moved over to an .ass file. There is also a font included in case you don't have the font I set it to use.

If someone else wants to look this one over or try it out then please go ahead though I must warn you that it is not timed correctly and the subtitles will not show up at the correct time. I don't know what raw it was originally timed to so I just used the first one I found as reference when editing the script.

Attachments

• Genji_Monogatari_Episode_2_subtitles.zip
    62.9 KB · Views: 325
Sorry for the delay on my part. I've been busy with a programming assignment due Monday and it's taking far longer that I had hoped for it to be. I should be done by tonight, but regardless, this means I won't get time to compare the raws until Monday at the earliest. I'll upload the preferred raw once I'm through.

Ironic how I'm the hold up...anyways, to be consistent with Exinet, the previous group that was working on this, we'll be using Zero-Raws for this project. Both video and audio quality were more or less the same. Audio is a bit soft on both and video is just blur all around with Zero-Raws being a bit brighter.
Here's the link to episode 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BAF8TEEE

@labk1ta: if you're reading this you can start timing the episode now. I haven't looked over langes01x's edits to the script, but do take note that any time markings on the script is not necessarily the same as the one in the raw. If you don't know how to time, let me know so I can find someone to help as I have little to no timing experience either unfortunately.

Well it seems we may have a slight problem. Live-Evil has begun subbing genji monogatari sennenki. Personally I don't think we could keep up with their quality or speed given how long it is taking to get one episode done and the fact that they are a relatively well known group.

So Kit since you seem to be the one organizing this what do you think we should do? Continue subbing it and release, move on to a different show, finish up this episode then drop it?

I want to know where labk1ta is currently at on the timing progress before we do anything. Because I don't want to drop it suddenly if she's like half way done or something along those lines. If she hasn't started however, I'd say we could drop it if no one has any interest in the series at all. In which case we should then decide on a new project hopefully soon. I'm still leaning ef ~A Tale of Memories~ Blu-ray at the moment or Shana II DVDs. So if someone has something against this speak up now, assuming we drop Genji.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back