FTV Fansubbing Project/Group

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
yea but my window7 x64 ultimate have issues with encoding with virtualdub atm trying to figure out my problem.

QUOTE (Kansatsusha-sama @ Nov 02 2009, 08:41 PM) yea but my window7 x64 ultimate have issues with encoding with virtualdub atm trying to figure out my problem.
Ah...Kansa-san despite that, you always know what to do since you are very computer savvy. Kit is lucky to have you on board. Too bad you are not fluent in Japanese because if you were, well, it would be hopping for sure, as you are a reliable guy.
wink.gif

That's odd, I haven't had any problems with VirualDub on my computer and I'm running 64bit windows 7 (Professional).

Yea that is true but I havent got a chance to just sit and concentrate on the problem. Darn work >.> lol.

Ok then it just me.

I have the following program for encoding on my computer.

CoreAVC
vfwx264
xvid
itune
quicktime
cccp
MKVToolnix
nero
vlc
avidemux
virtualdub
virtualdubmod
aegisub

Here are conversion program but shouldnt do any harm to my encoding tools

pspvideo9
winavi
alltoavi

Well I see what is up with my program.

Seriously everything work fine in avidemux although with one show i did there was just some sub miss allinement.

it's been a long time since I was last here

but it seems everything is getting better, you guys even started fansubbing
I will look forward it looking what you guys do (knowing Kansa, I'm sure it's great)

and Kansa, if you need help tracking down the problem, maybe I could help out, installed Windows 7 64 bit a couple of days ago, you can catch me on MSN (am in off-line mode most of the time I'm on XD)

QUOTE (ShadowPony @ Nov 04 2009, 12:57 PM) it's been a long time since I was last here

but it seems everything is getting better, you guys even started fansubbing
I will look forward it looking what you guys do (knowing Kansa, I'm sure it's great)

and Kansa, if you need help tracking down the problem, maybe I could help out, installed Windows 7 64 bit a couple of days ago, you can catch me on MSN (am in off-line mode most of the time I'm on XD)
Why must you lie to me I Lurk your account and u did not reply lol.

...Im that well known on this forum O_O lol intesting. Getting comment like that left and right =)

Im about to install Nero AAC encoder but most computer doesnt have a aac capatible player unless we all use vlc or cccp from what I read around. So basicly I probaly encode for audio ac3 or mp3 or a direct stream depending on the program I use. As for video x264, xvid, mkv, mp4 and good other good one. Ok since I step out of the shower I guess I research some more on the issue...

I'm going to revive this thread a little bit.
FTV-subs is looking for anyone capable of filling the following positions. We currently lack the staff to release stuff on a consistent basis and we are looking to fix that. Anyone who is interested, please contact me via PM for more details.

Positions open + qualifications:
  • Translator/Translator Checker: Must be able to fluently understand Japanese and English. Rough English is okay, but preferably someone who is fluent in reading, listening, and writing in both.
  • Karaoke: Experience required. Looking for someone capable of doing complex/fancy karaoke.
  • Timer + Typeset: Must know how to use Aegisub or something on a similar degree as well as fine-timing. This is an all inclusive job at this point since most people on the team already do rough times of the work so your job will be to fine time and style the text.
Tests will be given for all. We are desperately looking for people to fill the first 2 positions at this time.

Current Projects we are working on: 11eyes (need TL and Typesetter), Yoshimune (need TL), School Days DVD (need Karaoke), Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu ~Purezza~ (need Encoder + TL), Aika Zero OVA (need TL). We have a couple other projects we are looking to release in the near future, so if interested please apply and you can choose what project to work on. If you know friends who may be interested, please ask for their help as well.

Again contact me via PM for more details. Thanks.

Well, i can go and take the Karaoke position, i have somekind of experience, and if it needs something more skilled karaoke, im a fast learner
smile.gif

Why do you guys have so many projects going at once if you stall so often for lack of time and/or positions? Shouldn't you instead focus down on fewer projects and get those out quicker rather than having so many and stalling?
Don't mean to be rude, but it just seems odd that you have at least 5 projects which are stalled, with a couple others planned very soon, and possibly more I'm not aware of...

Well, it's not that we can't TL it...

It's just that we're busy at the moment. We're basically doing one series per TLer. Some of our stuff is getting caught in the editing stage and some in the karaoke stage. I've been doing non-TL things a lot lately cause everyone is too busy to do other things. We stalled one project and cancelled another. We didn't stall five projects.

QUOTE (truth2belief @ Dec 09 2009, 12:13 PM) Well, it's not that we can't TL it...

It's just that we're busy at the moment. We're basically doing one series per TLer. Some of our stuff is getting caught in the editing stage and some in the karaoke stage. I've been doing non-TL things a lot lately cause everyone is too busy to do other things. We stalled one project and cancelled another. We didn't stall five projects.
Hum...5 stalled projects? Is there a way to just do one stalled project at a time? I mean, I know it was your goal to get some recognition as a new fansub group, but you understand, I am sure, that fansub groups also get known for not following through on projects. I was wondering if Yoshimune is stalled indefinitely? You could get recongnized as the one fansub group that finished subbing it. I don't see Frostii wrapping it up anytime soon. I ask because I have been asked as to what happened. All the best...
wink.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Jan 13 2010, 10:40 AM)Hum...5 stalled projects? Is there a way to just do one stalled project at a time? I mean, I know it was your goal to get some recognition as a new fansub group, but you understand, I am sure, that fansub groups also get known for not following through on projects. I was wondering if Yoshimune is stalled indefinitely? You could get recongnized as the one fansub group that finished subbing it. I don't see Frostii wrapping it up anytime soon. I ask because I have been asked as to what happened. All the best...
wink.gif

Yoshimune is to my knowledge currently set at a lower priority due to us picking up shows that had been airing. While I'd also prefer for us to concentrate on a couple shows at a time (and I believe that is what we have begun to do) I am fairly sure that Yoshimune is still on the low end of the priority scale.

As far as I know or have seen priorities are thus (from highest to lowest): Nogizaka, School Days, 11 eyes, Aika Zero, Yoshimune, bakemonogatari / everything else.

We've got more Nogizaka coming soon (at least we plan to but we all know how that goes) as well as another episode of school days coming soon but as for the rest of the series we're more or less waiting on a translation so there is no real estimate on when they will come out.

At the very least in a few months we will all have a lot of free time and will probably be able to release consistently but until then we'll just have to struggle through with what we have. That is of course unless we find some new applicants that have some time to kill.

@UnDead-Mushroom: If you were to join us in our IRC channel on the Rizon server at #FTV-subs located at irc://irc.rizon.net/FTV-subs we would be able to process your request much faster as I am assuming Kit has not given you a response yet. If he has already responded then feel free to ignore this.

In fact anyone who wants to speak with the team or just hang out and chat or even play some trivia with us is welcome to join the above mentioned channel.

tl;dr : We're trying to get stuff out as fast as we can with what we have to work with. Also join us at irc://irc.rizon.net/FTV-subs to talk with us, apply to work with us and play some trivia.

NOTE: If you don't want to install anything but still come and chat with us you can use this instead of the above links. You do however have to type in our channel name: #FTV-subs.

QUOTE (langes01x @ Jan 17 2010, 11:32 AM) Yoshimune is to my knowledge currently set at a lower priority due to us picking up shows that had been airing. While I'd also prefer for us to concentrate on a couple shows at a time (and I believe that is what we have begun to do) I am fairly sure that Yoshimune is still on the low end of the priority scale.
As far as I know or have seen priorities are thus (from highest to lowest): Nogizaka, School Days, 11 eyes, Aika Zero, Yoshimune, bakemonogatari / everything else.
At the very least in a few months we will all have a lot of free time and will probably be able to release consistently but until then we'll just have to struggle through with what we have. That is of course unless we find some new applicants that have some time to kill.

Not a criticism, just an honest few questions...Assuming you guys are still a team, what is the status of your so-called stalled projects? I understand from having worked with all of you at one time, one of your goals was to be known as a reliable fansub group. What happened? Sure, everyone is busy these days, school, work, personal life, but I still see old timers subbing even if it be just one series...anyway, would appreciate an update. Has Yoshimune been dropped? If so, is there a possibility of someone sending me the raws? I will wrap it up by watching those, at least. Thanks.
wink.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Apr 10 2010, 04:17 PM) Not a criticism, just an honest few questions...Assuming you guys are still a team, what is the status of your so-called stalled projects? I understand from having worked with all of you at one time, one of your goals was to be known as a reliable fansub group. What happened? Sure, everyone is busy these days, school, work, personal life, but I still see old timers subbing even if it be just one series...anyway, would appreciate an update. Has Yoshimune been dropped? If so, is there a possibility of someone sending me the raws? I will wrap it up by watching those, at least. Thanks.
wink.gif

Project Status:
Aika Zero: 1 (v3 is ready), 3 (edit), Special 2 (Edit), Special 3 (raw/TL)
11eyes: DVD 1 and 2 need to be re-timed/typeset, 3 (edit), 4-end (TL)
Nogizaka Purezza: BD 1 and 2 (debating whether we should color the subtitles....) 5 (qc revisions), 6 (edit), 7-8 (TS) 9-12 (TL)
School Days: DVD 10 (qc revisions), 11-12 (re-timing/typeset).
Yoshimune: 13-end (TL)

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Apr 10 2010, 05:17 PM)Not a criticism, just an honest few questions...Assuming you guys are still a team, what is the status of your so-called stalled projects? I understand from having worked with all of you at one time, one of your goals was to be known as a reliable fansub group. What happened? Sure, everyone is busy these days, school, work, personal life, but I still see old timers subbing even if it be just one series...anyway, would appreciate an update. Has Yoshimune been dropped? If so, is there a possibility of someone sending me the raws? I will wrap it up by watching those, at least. Thanks.
While I can't be sure of everyone's circumstances I can say that school eats a lot of my time at the moment. That should be over at the end of this month and I may be able to get to those last two eps of School Days after that depending on how much work gets allotted to me at my job.

As for Yoshimune I think we can safely say it is stalled until JinK or moshi have time to get to it. Moshi has been doing some work on Nogizaka so that has been the primary focus of the group (besides any touhou that we happen across
tongue.gif
).

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back