Fruits Basket

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
yeah it is very good anime series

Are you kiddin me?
tongue.gif
This is like the best anime ever
wink.gif
Fruits Basket got me started watching anime because I wanted to see more as cool, funny and sweet as this one^^
Anyway, I read the last scanlated online manga, and I must say... I think that Shigure is very mean and kinda manipulating in that chapter... But I don't believe he was actually really mean
tongue.gif
Some say he was just being wise...

QUOTE (Hyuuga @ Jun 12 2006, 08:23 AM) In the Manga what happens to Hanajima and Uotoni?
Uotani falls in love with some other guy of the sohma family which hasn't been mentioned in the anime. And I don't think there's anything special with Hanajima in the manga... maybe that'll come later
tongue.gif

Hyuuga, have you never read the manga?

I wish there would be a second season... T_T
I don't think they're gonna make a second season, and I wonder why not (Fruits Basket is sooo popular
tongue.gif
), but it would be great if they did
biggrin.gif

I´m telling that because the first season didn´t have an ending... that was an open ending...

Yeah... I think they did that on purpose... maybe to stimulate ppl to read the manga^^ well, it did work for me like that
tongue.gif
hehehe Anyway, they announced before they wouldn't make another season. (maybe if we all go beg on their website?
biggrin.gif
)

Just read the manga already
tongue.gif

The manga is very interesting you know.... you'll get to see lots of complicated storylines which weren't in the anime. It hasn't as much humour as in the anime though, but it's is still very good and lovely ^^

Noshi No I haven't read the manga but I want to start. I really enjoyed the anime. I realize that they made some changes in the anime but I defintely still want to read the manga.

I heard it's ending soon?

Yeah... heard that too T_T Furuba has quite some chapters already...
They can't keep on going forever like that (even though everyone would want that
tongue.gif
) But ehm...IF they would end it, then I would like to at least have a second season!!
biggrin.gif

And Hyuuga, if you're going to read the manga, then you got some catching up to do
tongue.gif

I can remember I started reading the manga at the point where the anime ended... was too lazy to read that part too... and then the REAL catching up began. Man, it took me like three weeks to catch up properly ;P

Do you suggest I start at the end of the anime or a little further back

@Noshi: The Fruits Basket manga is licenced by TokyoPop, so it is against forum rules to provide links to it
wink.gif
(a mod may edit it out of your post, or you can remove the link yourself)

I didn't like the anime. It was just ... painful. There were some parts I liked, but overall, prefer the manga. I do want to start reading the manga again, since I stopped after volume six because it was just getting too expensive to buy. Perhaps I should ask one of my friends if I can borrow their copies ...

@Hyuuga. I suggest you start a little further back you want to see how monster-kyo is drawn...
wink.gif
I myselfs started at the end because I was too excited to know how the story would continue.

@Chiisai hana. I'm sorry. I removed the link already. But I just saw that someone else mentioned the site before at the first page.. Isn't that just about the same???

QUOTE (Noshi @ Jun 13 2006, 10:32 AM) @Chiisai hana. I'm sorry. I removed the link already. But I just saw that someone else mentioned the site before at the first page.. Isn't that just about the same???
That's up for the mods to decide. They don't seem to have a problem with people saying "watch ___ on youtube" so I assume general links are okay, but not direct links to the actual downloads themselves?

Hi people! just came back from my trip and saw that you`ve been keeping busy....

I love watching anime but I don`t enjoy reading manga very much. Every time I started reading one I ended up giving it up....Every time, exept the time I read Furuba...
It`s the only manga I order to be brought from oversees and believe me it costs and it`s always late...
I`m only saying this for the people that might doubt about how good it is...

The anime is very good but the manga has moved on very much so I don`t think that it`s fair for the people that have seen only the anime to hear the latest developments from the manga (this is at least confusing). That`s why I gave the address about the summaries so that everyone can go and read from wherever they wish and on.

About the 2nd season, petitions have been made, but to no avail as far as I know.

The manga is almost over (two or three chapters at the most)

Hey ploumid! nice to have you back
tongue.gif

two or three chapters? Nooooo
are you sure it's not two or three volumes?
biggrin.gif
(gonna cry again)

Can't they at least make a 2nd season as a last good bye? Where is that petition anyway? wanna sign it
biggrin.gif

Tada ima kaerimashita!(as Tohru would say)

No, It`s on the 22nd volume that it`s the last one. I think that every volume has 6 or 7 chaps. If you read the last summary you can see that it`s already over and it just makes sure that everyone is where he should be...I don`t expect anymore surprises...

About the petition, it was send to my email about one year ago and I`m sure I erased it... Sorry!

Fruits Basket anime was pretty cool. I really liked how each chinese zodiac animal had their own problems, rather than just living happy-go-perfect lives. However I do think that the last few episodes were a bit off, it was just too strange a twist in storyline and bringing the series to a sort've crashing end.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back