Fruits Basket

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (eatpork @ Jul 31 2007, 12:37 PM)This is the only anime I've ever been able to get my "non-anime fans" friends to like.
This does seem to be an anime that appeals to a lot of people! I recently used Fruits Basket to introduce a friend of mine to the wonderful world of anime! Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Romance ... Fruits Basket has it all! Of course the fact that she likes all creatures great and small helps!
laugh.gif
I think that I'm converting her to the cause!
wink.gif

QUOTE (Nahrallah @ Jul 31 2007, 04:46 AM)QUOTE (eatpork @ Jul 31 2007, 12:37 PM)This is the only anime I've ever been able to get my "non-anime fans" friends to like.
This does seem to be an anime that appeals to a lot of people! I recently used Fruits Basket to introduce a friend of mine to the wonderful world of anime! Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Romance ... Fruits Basket has it all! Of course the fact that she likes all creatures great and small helps! I think that I'm converting her to the cause!
Hmmm... what a strange phenomenon!!!
ohmy.gif
I wasn't aware that Fruits Basket was capable of doing that.
rolleyes.gif
Hahahahaaaa... so this anime is quite "addictive" and "hypnotic"!
wink.gif
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
Heheheheheeee... this might be useful for me...
wink.gif
I could use it to "tempt" or lure people into watching anime...
tongue.gif
*evil laughter* Mwahahahahahaaaaaa...
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Does anyone know when Fruits Basket will air on television in America?

And if so, do you know what channel and/or station it will be on... I believe I heard something about it being on SciFi once.... is that true?
blink.gif

QUOTE (Nightdragon @ Aug 02 2007, 02:46 AM) Does anyone know when Fruits Basket will air on television in America?

And if so, do you know what channel and/or station it will be on... I believe I heard something about it being on SciFi once.... is that true?
blink.gif

I've never heard of any news about Fruits Basket airing on tv in America. I would definitely watch it if it was though. It doesn't seem like the type of show that would be on Sci-fi's Animonday though considering the types of animes they have been airing; Tokko, Noein, Ghost in the Shell, Macross Plus.

There was a time when I thought this anime was really stupid...because I hadn't seen it yet.
Then after a while I just gave it a try and you know what??? I REALLY LIKED IT!!!!
Favorite characters are Kyo, Shigure and Akito.
The last three episodes were totally awesome, went from freakishly happy to horribly dark, loved the ending.

One part of the last few moments of episode 26 that I really felt needed more attention was Tohru's attitude, she was so...how do I put this...uhh..very uncheerful and not her usual self, maybe other people won't see it that way but I certainly did.

What was up with Hana???? The whole crying thing when she was trying to get Uo to stay away from Tohru...strange.

Best ending I've ever seen to an anime series before...

Hunh, Fruits Basket, huh? I remembered skipping classes just to watch this one on the local network (Don't try this at home!!). That should be proof of how much I loved this anime :3

Definitely the strongest point of this animu is the characters. So...MANY
smile.gif
Just thinking about them makes me regress to my 15-year-old fangirl self *Shigure! Shigure!*

As a whole, though, the pacing and structure of the show could use some re-arranging. There was too many random episodes in between, and too few episodes devoted to developing the story line and character. Oh well, we have the manga for that
smile.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back