Fruits Basket

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Man, during my time I've missed many animes in my time and one of them being this series that I've yet to see....I know of the series only having 26 episodes and about the manga having finished last year (2006). I've kept an eye but too afraid to actually go near it...hmmm. But now I plucked enough courage and I bought the full DVD boxset for £40.00 (about $80-90 American and Canadian dollars). But I'm not sure if I did the right thing since the boxset is about 3 years old and I was wandering if the fansub groups did a better job than what this boxset has to offer ??
unsure.gif

Also I've heard that the creator of Fruit Basket manga and the director of the anime series doesn't wish for anymore anime production on this and my reason was because of what I read of this but I never fully understood and I'm aware that all you hard-core fans of Fruits Basket have knoown about this for some time: -

"Following the series release in North America by FUNimation, a grassroots effort has been mounted by the fan base to have a second season of the series produced in Japan. Funimation has had a sizable hand in this effort, organizing origami crane folding events at various anime conventions. These cranes were then sent to Japan as a form of petition for the production of a second season. At the beginning of 2006, however, Natsuki Takaya and Daichi Akitaro announced in two separate interviews that there will not be any more work on the anime for a number of reasons."

(~taken from WIKI~)

Side-Note: - I see my name being mentioned by Senpai & Ploumid.
laugh.gif

Noes~ you crushed the hope on a second season?
sad.gif

QUOTE At the beginning of 2006, however, Natsuki Takaya and Daichi Akitaro announced in two separate interviews that there will not be any more work on the anime for a number of reasons."
blink.gif
Buuu... when was that origami crane folding event? I already have 400 origami cranes here.

I guess the chances of a second season have become remote but hey you did get that from WIki

Which I believe almost nothing from
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Hyuuga @ Mar 19 2007, 01:56 AM) I guess the chances of a second season have become remote but hey you did get that from WIki

Which I believe almost nothing from
tongue.gif

Whahahaha good one Hyuuga XD

Let's just pretend we didn't read that, and that the rumor about a second season still exists.
Now.. someone still needs to tell me where to send my 400 crane birds to. Gonna terrorize them to death~ !
biggrin.gif

Guys, these events are last years old news! About the cranes, I already knew because I am part of one of those fanclubs and I was notified about the decision/atempt!
So while the company is open on the 2nd season, the main factors a..k.a Akitaroh- Takaya, refuse feverently...
I`m not having many hopes anymore...

QUOTE (ploumid @ Mar 18 2007, 11:17 PM) Guys, these events are last years old news! About the cranes, I already knew because I am part of one of those fanclubs and I was notified about the decision/atempt!
So while the company is open on the 2nd season, the main factors a..k.a Akitaroh- Takaya, refuse feverently...
I`m not having many hopes anymore...
Akitaroh-sama is the less problem for us here,since we can always have another director directing aside from him(though I'd hope he'll be the one if there's any sequel..
rolleyes.gif
).But our main prob is Takaya-sama,since she is the ultimate one who'll give the final call.She says 'No!' and there goes our hope.So the first thing we should deal with is convincing Takaya-sama to let those companies in Japan to make the 2nd season....Still,if they really going to make one I do hope it'll be good,not just a half-hearted and all-for-money effort with no qualities...
cool.gif

I really hope that we can at least know Takaya-sama's reason for all this...
sad.gif

I was checking for anything new just now and something came up that has really made my day. It seems that some really good people have uploaded in one torrent all the furuba mangas. So any of you faithfull readers can go and get it ! I`m already on it!

Nya, I hope they`re translated...

QUOTE (ploumid @ Apr 28 2007, 12:43 AM) I was checking for anything new just now and something came up that has really made my day. It seems that some really good people have uploaded in one torrent all the furuba mangas. So any of you faithfull readers can go and get it ! I`m already on it!

Nya, I hope they`re translated...
Maybe it's about time I try reading the manga then. I saw the anime back in December and I read what happens in the manga on wiki, but I've never read it.

does anyone noe where to watch the episodes? i watched in utube until ep 20 but they deleted them (nooooo). now i dont noe where to watch. veoh.com makes my computer slow so i cant watch there.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Apr 27 2007, 10:48 PM)Maybe it's about time I try reading the manga then. I saw the anime back in December and I read what happens in the manga on wiki, but I've never read it.

Barbo, I hope you had a good trip!
Yes, it`s a good manga I`ve already read till vol13. Many things have progressed since the end of the anime... I hope you`ll like it!

QUOTE does anyone noe where to watch the episodes? i watched in utube until ep 20 but they deleted them (nooooo). now i dont noe where to watch. veoh.com makes my computer slow so i cant watch there.

Tryipo34, If you want to d/load the series there is a healthy torrent in isohunt.com

QUOTE (tryipo34 @ Apr 28 2007, 12:07 AM)i dont really wanna download it, its to much wasting time

Really, you think so? For this particular anime?
sad.gif

You know after watching the first two episodes I gave a good deal of money to buy the dvds so that I will always watch them when I`m down or in a bad mood....
So I don`t really agree with you when you say that "it`s a waste of time", Fruits basket is a keeper...
smile.gif

tryipo34 Fruits Basket is one of the best animes EVER. Watch it if you can, I guarantee that you'll like it!
It's also an anime that's worth buying... now, if I only had enough money
happy.gif

I actually didn't like the anime much. After reading the manga, I found that the anime just doesn't compare in my opinion.

I LOVE FRUITS BASKET
come on, who wouldnt? its funny, its cute, im addicted to it! i just wanna noe where to watch it

QUOTE (tryipo34 @ Apr 28 2007, 09:22 AM) I LOVE FRUITS BASKET
come on, who wouldnt? its funny, its cute, im addicted to it! i just wanna noe where to watch it
It's licensed anyway so it's against the rules to ask or to tell where to get it. Definitely worth downloading though. Right after I buy my new external I'll have to find it to download cause when I originally watched it, it was before I really started downloading the anime I watched.

I seem to keep "bumping" into people on TS who are watching Fruits Basket.
@Doof: Did you enjoy it?
Of course, if they haven't seen it before and seem receptive (or never finished watching it) then I try to encourage them to watch it!
biggrin.gif

@Sam: Have you started watching it again yet?

It's both a drama and a comedy which has a Pollyanna-like main character who has a positive impact on the lives of all those around her. There are many intertwined stories which keep the anime interesting from start to finish! Once you've seen the anime I would recommend reading the manga as there is certainly enough material for a second season. The manga goes well beyond the events in the anime.

WHY can't we have a second season of Fruits Basket?
sad.gif

I think I read somewhere that the author?mangaka ( i'm not sure how to spell it) didn't agree for a second season.

QUOTE (adrastea @ Jul 10 2007, 09:23 PM) I think I read somewhere that the author?mangaka ( i'm not sure how to spell it) didn't agree for a second season.
>oh my
sad.gif
...this anime is really nice....how come they dont want a second season??..this anime deserves a second season!!!...i want to see tohru+yuki+kyo's super cute love triangle again....i want to know who win tohru's heart...too bad i dont really read mangas,so i dnt know wat happen after the 26th episode of the anime...

Yeah... a second season for this anime sounds like a great idea.
biggrin.gif
But, if there isn't going to be any, then it's still alright.
rolleyes.gif
This anime had a nice ending already.
cool.gif
Hmmm... that's probably why "they" decided not to make another season.
rolleyes.gif

Heheheheee... the Tohru, Kyo, and Yuki love triangle was really amusing, wasn't it?
wink.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back