Formula 1 Grand Prix.

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Sep 11 2008, 08:38 AM)Seems many drivers agree with my take on the incident:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70473

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70469

I think Monza is a Ferrari track, so it's hard to bet against Massa there. Normally I would pick Kimi over Philipe, but He's been so far off his game this season... Of course if it rains, Massa is garbage in the wet, so then it becomes anyone's game.

You mean Lewis's win, as far as ive seen he's one of the most superior drivers in the rain and again my source is that race form when only 7 cars finished. Hamilton drew a perfect race and it was chucking it down. Although i must say i think Ferrari drivers find it difficult to control their power in the rain, well apart form Shumaker he was probably better than Lewis is. (well for now until Lewis gains more experience.)

Young Blood did well to win in my total honesty although if you seen the race Hamilton was shedding 2 seconds off his lap times from lap 14 to go onwards until lap 7 to go, then im presuming because he was going at such a fast pace the pit crew told him to calm down, told him aslong as he stays right behind Massa he'll still lead the drivers championship and to preserve his tyres although i must admit Vettel was such a good Qaulifier and race winner.

I take my hat off to the guy. *claps*

Also updated the drivers championship and constructers.

One more thing id say Sir Jackie Stuart hit the nail on the head so to speak by saying that the drivers were biased with the chicane penalty and he also pointed out that everytime an incident happened between ferrari and another crew the desicion has always went Ferrari's way. So now theres alot of speculation that the FIA are corrupted.

Something to ponder over for you all there.

Okay the last race was pretty interesting while it lasted for me, couldn't watch the whole race sadly enough. But at least a part of it
tongue.gif

Alright here is the next race for not the next weeked but the weekend after that
happy.gif

Singapore
Race Date: 28 Sep 2008
Number of Laps: 61
Circuit Length: 5.067 km
Race Distance: 309.087 km
Lap Record: n/a -

No lap record yet
ph34r.gif
According to shinigamii its a new track and its being raced at night....Sounds awesome to me
laugh.gif

Also thanks for correcting the little errors in my post shinigamii
wink.gif

One thing i must correct you on Chuuko is that its not next weekend but rather the week after next weekend and secondly you forgot to mention on main important part. This is the first ever Formula 1 night race so it should be pretty intersting, Also is this a brand new track for F1 which is why there is no race lap record. I could check it up but im hoping someone else knows.

Did anyone see the Singapore GP? Considering this was the first night race it was always going to interesting. To top it all off it was a street circuit.
biggrin.gif
The beginning of the race was pretty predictable with Felipe Massa pulling away from Lewis Hamilton but the turning point came when Nelson Piquet crashed on lap 15. With that crash the safety car came in and people got stop and go penalties.

The biggest drama involved race leader Massa. Another error in Ferrari's traffic lights system caused Massa to drive out of the pit lane while the fuel nozzle was still attached to the car!
ph34r.gif
To add insult to injury Massa received a drive through penalty for leaving the pits dangerously. After that Massa never really recovered and it just became a question of how much Hamilton could extend his lead.

Hamilton had a good chance of winning the race but was held up by David Coulthard for much of his second stint. He did overtake him shortly before his second pit stop but his chance of victory was already gone as it became a tussle between Nico Rosberg and Fernando Alonso. Ultimately Alonso was too fast for everyone and built a huge lead. Although a second safety car reduced this lead it wasn't enough to stop Alonso winning.

This was the first time in a year that Alonso won. It was also a good race for Hamilton as he extended his lead in the drivers championship to 7 points. A late Raikkonen crash added to Ferrari's woes. This was the first time in the season that Ferrari failed to score a single point and with McLaren claiming 6 points they yielded their lead in the constructors championship.

Drivers championship after 15 rounds
1: Lewis Hamilton (McLaren-Mercedes) - 84 points
2: Felipe Massa (Ferrari) - 77 points
3: Robert Kubica (BMW Sauber) - 64 points
4: Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari) - 57 points
5: Nick Heidfeld (BMW Sauber) - 56 points

Constructors championship after 15 rounds
1: McLaren-Mercedes - 135 points
2: Ferrari - 134 points
3: BMW Sauber - 120 points
4: Renault - 51 points
5: Toyota - 46 points

Race Report

I seen the race and what a magnificent track and what a magnificent day for Mclaren aswell.

At the start i thought Lewis has no chance and will most likely come third because Kimi was flying knocking off on average a half a second each lap of Lewis's lap times. Although i do give my condolences to Ferrari and more so to Filippe as he was driving perfectly, well until his pit crew decided to let him go with the hose still stuck in his car.

I did find it rather sad though because the teams at the top fo the pits were right there and they didnt even try and help him get it off which cost him more time, but i must say it's exactly like the Lewis Hamilton situation when he cut the Chicane two weeks ago, all the other drivers and teams were happy for Lewis to get a time penalty because he was is at the top of the table and im guessing thats how they just let Massa sit there, as he is on fo the championship contenders.

One comment i did like though was when the commentator says that Massa has lost his Mojo, i thought that was a brilliant pun.

Well i see there that it was a wonderfull race....To bad i was not able to watch it as i was gone the whole day because i was at a amusement park.

I believe this is the next upcoming race of 12 october 2008..

Fuji Speedway
Race Date: 12 Oct 2008
Number of Laps: 67
Circuit Length: 4.563 km
Race Distance: 305.416 km
Lap Record: 1:28.193 - L Hamilton (2007)

I certainly hope i can watch this race
ph34r.gif
.... Could be an interesting race
happy.gif

I thought the cars looked pretty under the lights, but the track itself was dreadful. The only reason the race turned out exciting was the the Safety car period that occurred right at the first pit-window. The true nature of the track was shown early in the race when Jarno Trulli had most of the field bottled up behind him unable to pass.

Nice to see Alonso win, though. I would have bet good money against him getting one this year.

The cars did look awesome under the street lights but the track well that was just magnificent, could not have asked for anything better. Really exciting the cars bottoms were scraping sparks were flying (literally) like the commentators said "This is a true race track. The drivers are having to fight with the car to keep it under control."

Thats the way raceing should be absolutely spectacular. Loved and im sorry Chuuko thats you didnt see it but Fuji raceway looks promising for Lewis, well he did race an exceptional race last year.

Looking forward to it.

Unsuprising Ferrari have abandoned their traffic light system and have reverted to old pit-stop system (the one with the lollipop).
Ferrari revert to old pit system

Shame really, I really wanted to see Massa drag the fuel pipe again!
laugh.gif
The next race will be crucial for Massa, he really needs to win it so he can reduce Hamilton's lead in the drivers championship. Hmm anyone up for a prediction?
rolleyes.gif
I say Hamilton win!
laugh.gif

Lol the old system, now i wondered what had changed because you still see some guys using the "lollipop" from different teams but now i know what the traffic light system is and how it is rubbish for Massa. Now i wonder if Ferrari will improve/disprove with the revert and they have " drivers not just one so in all fairness i wonder how Raikkonen feels about this because he hasn't had any problems with the fueling system before.

Also i think Hammilton will win because his race here last year was spectacular i remember sitting watching it with the rain pouring and yet he still flew round the bends with ease. Ferrari hasnt got a hope in hell if it rains.

QUOTE (shinigamii @ Oct 10 2008, 01:36 PM)Lol the old system, now i wondered what had changed because you still see some guys using the "lollipop" from different teams but now i know what the traffic light system is and how it is rubbish for Massa. Now i wonder if Ferrari will improve/disprove with the revert and they have " drivers not just one so in all fairness i wonder how Raikkonen feels about this because he hasn't had any problems with the fueling system before.
The traffic lights system was supposed to be faster than the old lollipop system. This is because the traffic lights automatically switches to green once the fuel pipe is removed, as a result the driver will save a few tenths of a second. In the case of Massa, the traffic lights was not set to automatic and was on manual i.e a mechanic had to switch the lights. This was because Raikkonen was waiting behind Massa in the pit lane. That's where the problem started, as the mechanic switched the light to green too early and Massa took off with the fuel pipe still attached to the car!
ph34r.gif
Bit of a blunder by the mechanic...
rolleyes.gif

Then again some lollipop men have committed the same mistake and have flipped the loli too early. Thing is they are standing in front of the car so the driver is less likely to drive off, unless he's a twat and wants to run his mechanic over.
ph34r.gif

Hmm so far everyone is betting on a Hamilton win!
tongue.gif

The stewards this year have just been awful!

In the Japanese GP, they penalize Hamilton for blowing the start. Bad call because though an incredibly immature move given his Championship position, it was essentially just a mistake with no malicious intent, and no worse that stuff that happens in nearly every F1 start.

They penalized Massa for punting Hamilton, which was the right call. BTW, while I agree Massa deserved to be penalized, I think he did the right thing in pushing the issue. He just couldn't afford to spend the rest of his career being Hamilton's bitch. Now Lewis is going to have to think twice when he is near Filipe.

Then they penalized Bourdais later in the race for getting hit by Massa, which was just unbelievably stupid, or shows actual intent on the part of the Stewards to help him win the Championship.

And Alonso wins again. Wouldn't it be neat if he swept the end of the season? The way Massa and Hamilton are driving lately, it wouldn't shock me if it happened.

Lewis Hamilton made a clean sweep this weekend: taking pole, setting the fastest lap and winning the race!
biggrin.gif
He led from the start and his victory was never in doubt. It all means that Hamilton has a 7 point lead going into the final race of the season; and if it were not for the "final pass" at the end he could have even had a 9 point lead.

This leads me to my other point; doesn't F1 ban team orders? When watching the race it was pretty obvious Raikkonen was under instructions to give his place up for Massa. Is that really allowed? In my eyes it is no different to the Schumacher/Barrichello stunt. The only difference was this was more subtle. The result is the same though. Even in the post-race interview both Ferrari drivers sounded somewhat embarrassed. Raikkonen did not give a straight answer while Massa claimed he gained some extra speed...
rolleyes.gif

Hmm it probably won't matter anyway as Hamilton only needs to finish fifth to win the drivers championship. He will be the first Brit to win the championship since Damon Hill won it in 1996. Saying that, this time last season Hamilton had a 7 point lead going into the final race!
ph34r.gif
So we shouldn't count our eggs just yet...

If Massa were to win the driver championship, he would be the second driver in the history of F1 to win the championship on his home Grand Prix. If Hamilton wins the championship then he'll be the youngest driver to win the drivers championship. So in either case history will be made in a fortnights time.

Drivers championship after 17 rounds
1: Lewis Hamilton (McLaren-Mercedes) - 94 points
2: Felipe Massa (Ferrari) - 87 points
3: Robert Kubica (BMW Sauber) - 75 points
4: Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari) - 69 points
5: Nick Heidfeld (BMW Sauber) - 60 points

Constructors championship after 17 rounds
1: Ferrari - 156 points
2: McLaren-Mercedes - 145 points
3: BMW Sauber - 135 points
4: Renault - 72 points
5: Toyota - 52 points

QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Nov 02 2008, 07:43 PM)Unbefreakinglievable Finish!
I wholeheartedly agree! It was just pandemonium at Interlagos! This is one of the most dramatic races I have ever seen! What a way to end the season!!! Just as I was going to switch off the TV in disgust I hear the commentator say Hamilton has overtaken Glock!!! I couldn't believe it, to take fifth so late in the race... It's like it came from Hollywood! Massa finished first and for 40 seconds he thought he was world champion! Joy turned to despair (or the reverse if you're a Hamilton fan). To Massa's credit he took defeat very well and was very dignified. The same couldn't be said for the Brazil crowd.

The race started with some unexpected rain; taking the whole grid by surprise, it was a sign of things to come. As a result of this shower the start was delayed as everyone frantically switched to intermediate tyres. Still, this wasn't enough to prevent an early collision as Coulthard faced an early retirement (in both senses of the word) as he collided with Nakajima. Thanks to Kovalainen, Hamilton was able to maintain his grid through the first corners. This would not last long however as an overcautious Hamilton spent a lap too long on the intermediate tyres and lost track position.

After his first pit stop Hamilton found himself in sixth position behind Fisichella. He was to overtake him but lost a lot time to Massa and Raikkonen. With his chance of victory dashed, it was all about getting fifth position and for large chunks of the race it seemed like plain sailing.

The real drama was to come in the final five laps when it started raining again (much like Spa). Everyone (bar Glock) came in for intermediates. This resulted in a nail-biting finish, as Hamilton lay in fifth with Vettel right on his tail. Vettel was clearly the faster driver though, and Hamilton could only think about defending his position. He could only defend for three laps however as Vettel overtook him while Hamilton was lapping Kubica. With the championship seemingly going to Massa, the biggest twist was to come in the final two corners when Hamilton overtook Glock to regain fifth position. As a result of this late manoeuvre, Hamilton won the championship by a single point. He's the first British driver in 12 years to win the drivers championship (the last being Damon Hill in 1996) and is the youngest world champion ever. He is also the first black driver to win the drivers championship.

Drivers championship - Final standings
1: Lewis Hamilton (McLaren-Mercedes) - 98 points
2: Felipe Massa (Ferrari) - 97 points
3: Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari) - 75 points
4: Robert Kubica (BMW Sauber) - 75 points
5: Fernando Alonso (Renault) - 61 points

Constructors championship - Final standings
1: Ferrari - 172 points
2: McLaren-Mercedes - 151 points
3: BMW Sauber - 135 points
4: Renault - 80 points
5: Toyota - 56 points

Race report

I would just like to add sometihng onto what Monsta says about Hamilton being the youngest driver to take the world championship title.

The last youngest driver to take the title was none other than Fernando Alonso so yeah theres another reason for you to hate Hamiltons guts Alonso. XD

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back