Females

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okokok... Im gonna jump into this one, alright guys?

First of all, education CONDITIONS or not, it is true that these so called "geniuses" tend to surface under all the "wrong" conditions. There are a few minor examples, lesser known people who may have had an incredible impact on our modern way of thinking, even if not considered "smart" or did not have "scientific" or "creative" aptitude.

However, claiming that school has no effect on the existence of theses geniuses is a mighty generalization. Note: even in the media today, those who live through harrowing conditions are the ones who get the most publicity. Lack of school doesn't make them smarter, although it may give them a kick to exercise their abilities to change their circumstances.

Those who work on rockets, those who create medical equipment that saves the life of millions, are they not geniuses?

They're not necessarily men. Here in the USA, women's rights are fairly new concept. But in a look over the course of the world, women's rights have been undisputed and a given for thousands of years. In Egypt, one of the technological meccas since the creation of the written language, women have not only had full rights, but have been allowed to rule. the most well known, Cleopatra, was actually the 11th women leader named this. This is not to say that there weren't more with other names.

As a minor fact, the Male/Female ratio of my school being something like 175/200, with the females leading in grades with an average of around 85%. Males had something like 75%. Does this make girls smarter? No. But they're doing something right.

Anyhow, I personally believe that men and women are the same intellectually. The only differences that are major are emotional and physical.

lol....

thank you so much for these replies... that is why i like INTERNET forums, they are instant, quick and honest (i.e., no one's is a hypocrite ). ... and as much as i like to admit to your honest replies i still have to say NO ONE who answered to my arguments does not understand or comprehend the word genius!.. the word 'genius' may in fact be a simple word but you guys dont understand it in any depth at all and that is why im upset.... (lol)....

first of all i will define you guys what geniuses are from wikipeida since im kind and thoughtful:

Genius may come in a variety of forms, such as mathematical genius, literary genius, or poetic genius, etc. Artistic genius may show itself in early childhood as a prodigy or later in life; either way, geniuses eventually differentiate themselves from the others through great originality. Intellectual geniuses often have crisp, clear-eyed visions of given situations, in which interpretation is unnecessary, and they build or act on the basis of those facts, usually with tremendous energy. Accomplished geniuses in intellectual fields start out in many cases as child prodigies, gifted with superior memory or understanding. (FROM WIKIPEDIA)

Although the term "genius" is sometimes used to denote the possession of a superior talent in any field, e.g., Roger Federer may be said to have a genius for tennis or Winston Churchill for statesmanship, in many of these cases the term is applied incorrectly (FROM WIKIPEDIA)

I personally believe you can never really say that female and males are intellectually the same (because in terms of science we are at leat somewhat different) but it is true that most of the times (in terms of average IQ's) that we are a like.... however, if u then look at the higher level of intelligence, for exmaple, like IQ above 200, it is obvious that there are some clear distinctions between females and males ... and that is where the difference really becomes evident and clear ( if u STILL have doubts ... go to wikipedia and type child prodigy or WIlliam James Sidis --- pure genius )

THIS IS ALSO FROM WIKIPEDIA ON "WILLIAM JAMES SIDIS"... this guy interests me A LOT due to his exceptional abilities...!!!):

Abraham Sperling, director of New York City's Aptitude Testing Institute, said after Sidis' death that according to his calculations, Sidis "easily had an IQ between 250 and 300"

p.s.

this battle will not stop ... lol... please reply to this as soon as you can since im fascinated by your comebacks...

I thought i touched on the "word" genius... lol. anyhow, i suppose i should read the original question i was more answering to the thought that guys are/aren't superior to girls. which they aren't. (i just have problems with shovanistic ideals, but this wasn't so bad i'd call it that)
wink.gif

hmmmmm, thats a toughie...

My views on the female? without sounding arrogant? well, i'll give it my best shot. XD

I guess for starters, (and i don't think it's impossible to say this without implying things i should keep to myself).

The female would be one step more into the right direction, if Glamor magazine was never created, (or any type of fashion Mag) or at least, not put so much targeted pressure on the common looks of a female; it's probably the lowest form in marketing i've ever seen.

then again, each individual female reacts to it differently, but of the flip-side of that point right there; it's getting down to "how good she feels about herself" or "does this guy think i'm attractive by just the way i look alone?"

It's something that's always bugged me, how these companies and corporations feed on a womans/girls emotional triggers by flaunting a beautiful female of the cover.

Again, that as well comes down to the choice, but it's there for them to see, so i guess it's arguable both ways.

My personal views of a woman other then that, are a bit cheesy, as i'm a big romantic, i think watching old black and white romancie movies have had a big affect on my belief in how a lady should act.

But I never would expect it, Since that right there would be labeled as Stereo typing of the female, and on a whole, that can and will get out of hand, the general public as a whole, by close to 50 or 60%, whether they want to admit it or not, Men and Women still have a general idea about how women should act...Its imprinted on our subconscious from birth almost, as a Patriarchal Society, It simply can't be avoided....Does that make the Stereotype wrong still? Yes, Even if its still majority true, Stereotyping in general is wrong...and I wouldn't Promote it.

When it comes down to an idle type of female, or like if i was looking in terms of what i personally believe in, would just be someone that was herself whole-hearted,
without the stampings and barriers that can easily plague a woman.

Emotional insecurities erupted by basically; all forms of Media, have become a common make-up from what i've seen and experienced. (i can't say this for women everywhere, but just what i've personally seen).

Aside from that, it's also a two-way street, i think us men have put less care and compassion for our female companions, so that has also played a large factor.

Superiority isn't so much as a problem as it is "the" problem, but i won't go any further then that, as just to say, i wish the world was much simpler then this, but it isn't.

QUOTE Kinda true cause females actually get treated better than men
laugh.gif
seriously women get treated far better than men.

In which country?
Do you mean that in this country, the pay is the same for men and women (for the same job)? And that women are as present as men in politics?
Very few countries can say that, even in the western world (France cannot, the salary gap between men and women is around 15-25% IIRC. I'm pretty sure the USA can't, at least for the first point... Maybe around Scandinavia...)

I remember there being a nation-wide IQ test game show type of thing of FOX one night, and on average, males scored 1 point higher on the test then females. I was like, "oh yeah! take that, you icky, cooty-infested monsters!" (I was quite young at the time).

Going completely off of that tangent, though, I'm pretty sure that the reason the female species acts the way they do (without even touching alladat reproductive stuff), is because of their surrounding environment. For example, I was raised in a fairly small, but strongly religious community in which females were encouraged to essentially act as the perfect housewife, to support the "big, strong, head-of-the-house husband", and they were all just fine with that, but looking elsewhere, you see hyper-feminists, you see independent women, you see... women with completely different mindsets, and all act, think, talk, and dress in completely different ways. Also, a lady-friend of mine grew up with only a mother and a small brother, and according to her, the brother grew up to be a total sissy, girly, feminine piece of man.

uh... I don't exactly know where to go from here, but.. umm... yes. I hope that answers the thread's question, whatever it may or may not be.

Just because men and woman have equal rights, or at least should have equal rights doesn't mean they have to be 100% the same. Ignoring the obvious physical differences men and women are different mentally too.

If we take intelligence as a whole, then men and women are largely equal. It is very difficult to say otherwise. Saying that, I believe women are stronger at certain mental faculties than men and vice-versa. For example when it comes to languages women are generally (I stress general cause it is not universal) stronger than men. This is often reflected in test results were girls outscore men. In maths however men tend to be stronger. In my school my A-level was dominated by guys (in a class of 15, 12 were guys). A similar pattern was repeated in other classes. So not all things are equal. You can also see evidence of this where there is a huge male bias in the number of engineers or other occupations that are heavily dependent on maths. Sure societies play it's part but I don't think that tells the whole story.

It doesn't end there though. I believe men are bigger risk takers while women are generally more risk averse. Just look at road accidents. The vast majority of high speed collisions are the result of male drivers who take undue risks. On the other hand, the majority of low speed incidents are caused by women, usually car park collisions. Which is a reflection of women have less spacial awareness than men.

Even if we look at the current economic crisis, some people argue that because the banking industry is dominated by men it was more prone to risky investments. The argument being; if more women were in the industry, less risky investments and borrowing patterns would have occurred. As a result, we wouldn't be in the mess we are today. Then again that could just be a speech from a extreme feminist. They seem to blame men for all the world's woes!
rolleyes.gif

I find the whole issue of whether females are better than males to be laughable at best and idiotic when taken to extremes.
Why is it so important for either side to be declared better than the other? Like it or not both are part of the same species and as such are co-dependent on each other in various ways. It is just as likely for a man to be better than a woman in a role that is traditionally female as it is for a woman to better than a man in a role which is traditionally male.
The 2 genders are more or less designed to complement each other not compete.
Monsta men are not necessarily bigger risk takers than women, what you are using is false logic. Rather it is more likely that those people who take the biggest risks TEND to be male, however that is NOT the same thing as men in general being bigger risk takers. That kind of statement is analogous to saying that all swords are dangerous (some swords are not.eg. a sword displayed on a screen is just a collection of pixels and so is pretty much harmless). In modern society women take just as many risks as men, consider online gambling as an example; ALL gambling is a form of risk taking. Giving birth is also fairly risky, the odds of it being succesful and safe are just improved due to medcial technology.
In general I believe that neither gender is superior to the other, both have many flaws and merits and every person is a unique individual with their own abilities. I will say though that anybody who claims superiority is either stupid or probably is insecure.
Oh and for the record I dont think I'm better than you people I KNOW I am
wink.gif

QUOTE (Gustav1976 @ Jan 23 2009, 06:06 PM)Monsta men are not necessarily bigger risk takers than women, what you are using is false logic. Rather it is more likely that those people who take the biggest risks TEND to be male, however that is NOT the same thing as men in general being bigger risk takers. That kind of statement is analogous to saying that all swords are dangerous (some swords are not.eg. a sword displayed on a screen is just a collection of pixels and so is pretty much harmless). In modern society women take just as many risks as men, consider online gambling as an example; ALL gambling is a form of risk taking. Giving birth is also fairly risky, the odds of it being succesful and safe are just improved due to medcial technology.
I'm not saying all males are bigger risk takes; dealing in absolutes is not only foolish but often wrong. I am saying men are more likely to take risks than women. Sure you will find some women who are bigger risk takers than men but if you look at statistics there is a strong bias towards men. Taking my example of car accidents, the vast majority of car accidents are caused by men. Why is it that men pay higher car insurance? Because they are far more likely to get involved in accidents. It works through all the age categories although it is more prominent in the younger age categories. It doesn't end there though as males are more likely to die from accidents than women. Again this applies to all age categories. Even with your example of gambling most gambling addicts are men. Yes there are also women gamblers but they are the minority.

Monsta using statstics is not a proof, unless you really DO believe that 9/10 cats prefer Whiskers catfood
laugh.gif

Satistics is not even a good measure of probability as it cannot take it account people who don't report accidents and the like. Insurance companies rely on statistics because they have to make calculations based on SOMETHING so they go on past statsistics but as I've just said that doesn't prove your point really.
I could just as easily use the statstic that most women can cook better than man based on stastics I've seen in the past but that doesn't necessarily mean my statistics are right
wink.gif

Basically all I'm saying is that your USE of statistics is FLAWED
tongue.gif

When I saw the name of the topic pop up I became somewhat interested in posting my opinion, although I wish I would of caught this earlier because I've missed a lot of what others had to say. A few days ago there was a commercial for an upcoming period movie that involved a strong woman based on a true story... and yada yada... After the commercial I mentioned how sad it was that back then men could cheat on their wives all they want and not be criticized for it but if a woman was caught, all hell broke loose! They also had mentioned, "Stop getting into this and that, your job is to give birth to a male hire!" After I talked about that, my stepdad immediately said, "What are you talking about, it's still that way." Although he was being a bit extreme I think...

One debate I had in class was about what makes a person who they are? Is it genes or society and how they are raised? I came to the conclusion that it's both. Females are commonly raised to think that they will become homemakers. There are even kitchen and cleaning toys for little girls. As for me, I grew up playing with boys and being somewhat of a tomboy, yet I also played with little animal figurines. There were times where I played with Barbies but after this weird dream I had about them when I was 7 I stopped playing with them. I remember switching back and forth between being girly and being a tomboy during my parent's divorce. I don't know what it was but I never quite got a long with other females and I enjoyed playing with lazer guns and watching Power Rangers with the boys... yet of course Sailor Moon had me set too. xD

As I was growing up a lot of things were happening between my parents and so I basically learned a lot on my own by simply observing. I saw boys as my equals in elementary school but then when this whole "asking out" thing came out, I was confused, therefore I did not have my first kiss until 17 and I've only had one serious boyfriend who is now my mystery hubby to be.

I never wanted to be the common woman who stayed at home, I told my mother that I wanted to work together with him, including taking turns cooking. She argued back and said I should stand behind my husband and well... you know. My mom's mother raised four children by herself while her husband traveled for work and only came back about once a year it seemed, it turns out he even had another family. Depending on genes and how a female is raised is what makes a woman who they are. Some tend to take after their stereotypical mothers, others gain a powerful mind of their own. I can like the same things men like but I also enjoy being feminine in an elegant way.

There have been studies where they say men are more aggressive and don't notice smaller details and then it's the opposite for women, I think it's more common this way but I don't think all men and women fit into that little stereotype.

Females have had it very hard throughout history, growing up I had always recognized that there was a Black History Month, but never did I know of there being a Woman's History Month until only recently because it was never quite as advertised or taught. History is important but when it comes to race and gender, we still don't seem equal but at least we have evolved so it's not bad as it begun but there will always be that man who thinks that way... and that woman to thinks this way...
When it comes to the question, "Are females better than males?" That's a debate that will be everlasting because you can't compare properly even if there are tests because a small group does not include the entire world and people have their differences no matter the gender.

Whoopsie, I didn't mean to write so much. o-o;

I think it's better that you wrote it all Emi. It's always best to speak your thoughts regardless of how long it takes instead of not saying something that might or might not be important. Let other people decide whether something doesn't need to be said it's their problem
wink.gif

You make a good point about your family history, I know with my family it was was the other way around regarding work. My dad would work from home and raise my brother and myself whilst my mother went abroad with the company she worked for. And thinking about what my dad has told me in the past, he was still expected to have "a proper job" (apparently my mother's dad didn't think being an artist counted as a proper job and made him spend time learning a trade). When it comes to skills I think both men and women are equal in potential aside from that every person is unique. You for example are a better singer than me but I on the other hand...hmm..hang on I dont know what I'm good at
laugh.gif
ummm does making my room a mess count as a skill? You understand what I mean I hope
tongue.gif

It made me feel better to write a bit and to some it may be interesting and if it's not, oh well.
Sometimes I do like to keep it short though so I can get my opinion/point/story across quickly to those who are interested but are lazy readers, I can be one of those myself.

It seems that family history can make a difference or it could not because we're different with different talents and ideas and that's what makes us all special. ;3
Hehe, I don't know about the mess skill, but I'm actually pretty good at that too. x3

aaargh! I have no special talent or skill *panic* oh wait I DO, it's not a particularly useful one but so far it's been infallible. My legendary skill is....*drum roll and epic pose* I always pick a girl to date who turns out to be either unavailable or if she's available she's not worth the trouble she puts me through!! I have a record of 6/6 so far *cries*

I have a question, are there more males or females on this planet? Only for humans, no other species allowed^^ I think this world is male dominant since in many countries theres restrictions on how many daughters you can have, if you had a baby girl they would end up killing it, this is the main problem with India, now theres like 10-20 guys for every girl...

There has been much discrimination and there still is for females. In general the life of a female is more restricted than the life of a male. They dont get paid the same as a male does for doing the same work, I think for some jobs. Also theres much demand for women to become house wifes than it is for males to be stay at home husbands. This is a problomatic factor for many females in the work force, once they have a child most end up giving up their career for their family. You rarely ever hear that from a male.

Females are different not so much physically but mentally as well, they are more emotional I'd say, mabey smarter than guys but the problem is many females dont pursue areas which elighten their talents like the math/science areas.

In the world we live in, its hard to say females are on the same level as men, in the eastern countries this is 100% false, western countries are adapting now, still though its harder for a female to excell in life compared to a man mainly due to society. They are the child bearers and have to deal with that burden (or some may think its a blessing^^) which is the main difference between the genders.

I hope this wasnt offensive and if my facts were false pls let me know.

Inayusha, could I ask you to refarin from comments like saying one group is smarter than another? It's a bit insulting to the group which you don't say is the smartest and also as nobody really knows what being smart is it's fairly hard to prove. I could quite easily say that in some ways I am smarter than you but equally you are smarter than me in some ways. If you see what I mean?
Your point that females are different to males from a biological perspective is quite valid though and because of the difference in physiology this also affects their emotions so those are slightly different to.
Just be careful about using comments like "group A is better/smarter/stronger/faster then group B"
wink.gif

Regarding childbirth and the workforce you make a good point but you need to also consider that this is also an unfortunate side of being female. Human females are biologically designed to have a maternal instinct and generally bond to their offspring from a very early point compared to men so their is the instinct to care for their child as major psychological imperative which can smetimes overide the desire to return to the workforce. Also some women consider raising a child AS a job in itself (how true this is varies between individuals).
Regarding limitations dpendent on gender that is a very generalistic statement and I do not think you should put it in such a way. Males CAN suffer the same limitations regarding work.eg. nursing in general is still an area where females are dominant.
I think you have made some good points but they need a bit of refining.

QUOTE (Gustav1976 @ Jan 27 2009, 06:58 PM) Inayusha, could I ask you to refarin from comments like saying one group is smarter than another?

It is true many females cosider a housewife being a full time job and they have every right to do so, sadly society doesnt reward them for it. Many look down on housewifes, its reality even though the amount of work going into it can range from a minium wage slarary to even 100k a year.

Well mabey smarter wasnt the right word, but you get my drift, in the end your right its the individual determines whos smarter.

Males do indeed suffer limitations as well, not so much as females, but if a man wants to pursue a life such as a baby sitter, nursing like you said, or some kind of job with working with young children, theyre gonna have a hard time. People just dont trust men as they do with women in handling children. Thats just how it is sadly and theres really not much we can do about it in the current times we live in.

EDIT: Did someone merge my post in Gustavs quote Oo, I just noticed it right now.
ph34r.gif
Mabey I posted it incorrectly lols

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back