Favourite Building

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
JCDRANZER Wow you've been to some incredible buildings, that is just awesome
smile.gif

Now here is an unusual building:
It's called the Ryugyoung Hotel in Pyongyang, Korea.
The buildings construction started in 1987 and it was abandoned in 1992 due to the lack of fund or to the fact they used bad quality concrete and it is literally crumbling so the hotel is structurally unsound.
Even without this to consider, the state of the North Korean economy is such that it doesn't have the raw materials, energy or financing for a project of this magnitude.
The constuction of the hotel has never resumed to this day and a crane still sits at the top, 330 meters above Pyongyang.

Look At the right of the picture, you'll clearly see the giant hotel.
The hotel is so massive that it is clearly visible from nearly everywhere in the city, but it is nearly impossible to get anyone to talk about it. It is often seen as a metaphor of the highly secretive nature of North Korea. Mike Chinoy, a former reporter for CNN, once likened it to the giant calcium deposit on the neck of late dictator Kim Il-sung. Like the Ryugyong, the growth was clearly visible despite official attempts to hide it from view.
Part of the information here is from Wikipedia

It's to bad they don't resume the construction, but on the other hand that would be very unsafe, because of the bad quality concrete, but i love the design of the hotel, it looks like an enormous pyramid, it's very awesome
biggrin.gif

I personally like the building that's currently being built right now in China (next to where the Olympics are going to be held [if any Olympics occur at all]).

Structurally speaking, this building shouldn't even be able to stand, especially with the cross-section between the two supporting towers. However, because of the counterweight and the way they built the building, it's going to stand as is.

The building is going to be a headquarters for CCTV. There's also a rumor that, on the lowest floor of cross-section of the building, spectators are able to observe the space below them through some specially-reinforced glass.

Wow thats an awesome building o_O it really does seem like it wont be able to stand. I cant wait to see a picture of it when it is gonna be done.

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Apr 03 2008, 03:37 AM)I personally like the building that's currently being built right now in China (next to where the Olympics are going to be held [if any Olympics occur at all]).
Hey, i've seen that building on discovery a while ago, looks pretty cool to me, beautiful design
smile.gif

Here's a building that should really get your attention when walking pass it. The Dancing House is considered as one of the more real controversial buildings in Prague. The DH was actually designed by a great architect from California, which only proves that he had done some type of hallucinogen while designing it.

Man, some people design pretty unusual buildings, don't they
laugh.gif
(but i like the design)

QUOTE (Chuuko @ Apr 03 2008, 03:40 AM) Hey, i've seen that building on discovery a while ago, looks pretty cool to me, beautiful design
smile.gif

Here's a building that should really get your attention when walking pass it. The Dancing House is considered as one of the more real controversial buildings in Prague. The DH was actually designed by a great architect from California, which only proves that he had done some type of hallucinogen while designing it.

Man, some people design pretty unusual buildings, don't they
laugh.gif
(but i like the design)
Holy crap, that building is awesome! xD What's inside it? Looks like it might be apartments or flats or something like that - in which case I would totally rent one~

Yeah man, I mean, WOW wtflip? It's like some drunkard working on the construction screwed around with the blueprints for that and turned out pretty awesome. Win on that one.

LOL and I have actually seen similar buildings like that in the boroughs of London. Especially, the glass-work.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Wow, Im surprised that a building like that is actually able to stand. I bet when people first see it they rub thier eyes or something. " I think I seeing things"
blink.gif

You know that your looking at a real building right? The Crooked House was built in 2004 as an addition at a popular shopping center, and is a major tourist attraction in Sopot, Poland.
Some of you might just wonder what happens when someone who's under a controlled substance sees this building for the first time in their life.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back