Favourite Building

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Chuuko

-Yoitsu no Kenro
Sempai
I thought it would be a good idear to make a topic about Favourite buildings, if allowed..Since i haven't found any other topic like this one...

Well the Empire state building is definitely one of my fav's.

For 40 years it was the tallest building.
Trully an awesome building...
smile.gif

What about you??
Please tell us what your favourite building is
smile.gif
smile.gif

Mine is the leaning tower of pisa. I love that thing, cant wait for it to finally fall
tongue.gif

^ LOL XD

Uhm.. mine would be the st. Peter's Basilica in Rome. Probably one of the most biggest buildings I've seen in my life. When you're actually standing in front of it, it's very impressive. Inside is impressive. Climbing and standing at the top of the building is impressive XD it holds quite a building history too.
smile.gif

would love to go see it again though.

QUOTE (Chuuko @ Mar 21 2008, 01:30 PM)I thought it would be a good idear to make a topic about Favourite buildings, if allowed..Since i haven't found any other topic like this one...
Topic been here for a day and has not been locked, moved or removed.
biggrin.gif
Its a good sign.

QUOTE (Roran_dragon @ Mar 22 2008, 12:56 AM) Topic been here for a day and has not been locked, moved or removed.
biggrin.gif
Its a good sign.
Then remove all doubts you might have. This topic is allowed aslong as people don't spam. Also we haven't got a thread like this before, so it also isn't a double thread. So don't worry this will not be locked, excepts if this thread gets way out of hand. But i don't see that happend any time soon.

QUOTE (Dragon-of-Rune @ Mar 22 2008, 11:04 AM)Then remove all doubts you might have. This topic is allowed aslong as people don't spam. Also we haven't got a thread like this before, so it also isn't a double thread. So don't worry this will not be locked, excepts if this thread gets way out of hand. But i don't see that happend any time soon.

Thank you for the approval of this topic, Dragon-of-Rune
smile.gif

I've found a building called the petronas towers that i also really really like allot
biggrin.gif

That's in Malaysia right?
I've been there ^^ very cool building indeed. It had a very nice shopping mall as well if I can remember that right XD

QUOTE (deadlylazers @ Mar 23 2008, 06:00 PM) World's Largest Igloo?:

OMG i love this! i must have one, but i will need a snow garage to keep my snowmobile in
tongue.gif

france-eiffel-tower.jpg

Eiffel tower has my vote.
the surroundings, and the environment paris offers. make the blend almost unbelievable.

My favorite building would have to be Camp Nou Stadium, I like it because its the home stadium of my favorite football/soccer team, Barcelona FC. I would like to travel there one day and stand on the middle of the field. Its huge!

QUOTE (oppai-ga-suki @ Mar 23 2008, 11:56 PM) My favorite building would have to be Camp Nou Stadium, I like it because its the home stadium of my favorite football/soccer team, Barcelona FC. I would like to travel there one day and stand on the middle of the field. Its huge!

OHHHH SHINY!!!
blink.gif
me like
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Roran_dragon @ Mar 25 2008, 03:27 PM)OHHHH SHINY!!! me like
Yes indeed, its very beautiful
smile.gif

But it's better to post large images as thumbnail, as said in the general rules
wink.gif

Thumbnails don't take up allot of space.

If you want some really cool buildings, you should go to Dubai.
Among them are the soon-to-be Hydropolis, the second undersea hotel, and larger than the first by such a large amount it's not even funny (the first had something like 5 rooms):
hydropolis_the_first_undersea_hotel.jpg

& at night:
Hydropolis-Undersea-Resort-hotel.JPG

Dubai is also home to the Burj al-Arab, the world's tallest hotel, and the world's only "7 star hotel and most luxurious hotel in the world. It stands on an artificial island in the sea.":

But wait, there's more!!
The Burj Dubai, which began construction in 2005 and will be complete sometime this year. At an estimated height of over 800 meters, it will easily be world's tallest building when finished. It will be almost 40% taller than the current tallest building, the Yaipei 101.

And finally, the Trump International Hotel & Tower, which will be the centerpiece of one of the palm islands, The Palm Jumeirah:

Dubai is said to currently have 15-25% of all the world's cranes due to all of the construction currently underway.
The Dubai waterfront, when completed, will become the largest waterfront development in the world ..

Currently, the largest amusement park collection in the world is Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando , which is also the largest single-site employer in the United states with 58,000 employees. Dubailand will be twice the size, and is already well under-way and is open to visitors. Dubailand will be built on 3 billion square feet (107 miles^2) at an estimated $20 billion price tag. The site will include a purported 45 mega projects and 200 hundred other smaller projects.

Some of the tallest buildings in the world, such as Ocean Heights and The Princess Tower , which will be the largest residential building in the world at over a 100 stories, will line the Dubai Marina.
The UAE Spaceport would be the first spaceport in the world if construction ever gets under way. I'm not joking...
Some other crazy stuff... The Dubai Metro system, once completed, will become the largest fully automated rail system in the world. The Dubai World Central International Airport will become the largest airport in size when it is completed. It will also eventually become the busiest airport in the world, based on passenger volume. There are more construction workers in Dubai than there are actual citizens.

QUOTE (Chuuko @ Mar 25 2008, 08:53 AM) Yes indeed, its very beautiful
smile.gif

But it's better to post large images as thumbnail, as said in the general rules
wink.gif

Thumbnails don't take up allot of space.
OK, I've put it in a spoiler tag for now but how exactly do i make it a thumbnail?

QUOTE (Roran_dragon @ Mar 25 2008, 05:14 PM) OK, I've put it in a spoiler tag for now but how exactly do i make it a thumbnail?
Here's a link that show's you how to post an image in Thumbnail(step by step)
smile.gif
wink.gif

Posting Thumbnails

@ dchaosblade, I've seen your image's.
Man, there all so awesome, Dubai has allot of beautiful building's, maybe i go there someday
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

Edit:
Here's a tower in my hometown called Transferium tower, it's only 30 metres high but if youre on top of the tower, you'll still have a very nice view over the town and the forest surrounding the town
smile.gif

The Transferium tower

The view from on top of the tower

And the forest surrounding the town

QUOTE (Chuuko @ Mar 25 2008, 10:21 AM)Here's a link that show's you how to post an image in Thumbnail(step by step)
smile.gif
wink.gif

Ok its done :-D Thanks alot i'll make sure its a thumbnail from now on

These buildings.....I have actually been to: -

1.) Tokyo Tower, Tokyo, Japan

2.) CN Tower, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

3.) Rogers Centre (formely known as "SkyDome"), Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Both the SkyDome and CN Tower are literally next to each other.

I've been to the SkyDome before it came "Rogers Centre" and after it came the "Rogers Centre".
rolleyes.gif

I prefer the old one....before "ROGERS" started taking over Toronto (literally....soon to be the WORLD!!!
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
)...........its all a "BLOODY" mess now. (too much RED!! X_X)
dry.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back