Favorite Sci-fi Series?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Nightdragon

TSiF-Tearraven
Retired
what is your favorite Sci-fi?

Mine are Star Wars & Stargate SG-1

I belive one of the best sci-fi series was Babylon5. It is starting to show a bit of age. But the story is so well writen and everything is tight. No loose ends anywhere!

There is also the Galactica series (not the old one, the one curently being aired). Season 3 will start in september or october. It is a sci-fi series very well made that presents the story from a different angle than most sci-fi series. It is a lot more focussed on the characters than the special effects. But the special effects are non the less extremely impressive.

QUOTE (Bold @ Jul 22 2006, 09:59 PM) I belive one of the best sci-fi series was Babylon5. It is starting to show a bit of age. But the story is so well writen and everything is tight. No loose ends anywhere!
Yep I watched this series but wow it was so long ago.....
biggrin.gif

Its hard for me to remember that series....
blink.gif

I grew up on Star Wars, but really disliked the newest films (well, not totally, only when it got run over with romance. I loved Obi's character as a child so seeing him young was great
laugh.gif
)

Assuming we can also mention book series, I rather liked the Ender's books.

Joss Whedons FireFly No aliens, no superpowers, just a realistic future with an operssive government. Think of it as a Space Western. The movie Serinity is a continuation of the TV series.

Well i felt i had to add the text side of Sci-Fi. Too bad for me i ahve 4 series that are identialy at the top of my list.

Honor Harrington Saga [David Weber] - A Space naval series, it sticks to reality and tactics, and is an exclent read.

Known Space Series [Larry Niven] - Never before has such a coherent series of different tales been written by ine man. Charecters encounter each other, Mystery, drama and intruige, its got it all.

Miles Korvosigan Series [Lois Mcmaster Bjould] - Beyond descrition, the charecters and universe are too perfect. Follow Miles as he grows from a military dropout to a high ranking government offical.

Engers Game, Xenocide, Enders Shadow [UNK] - Yu all know this, no need for me to explain.

Firefly all the way, one of the few decent series out there. And for some reason i don't feel like a geek for liking it.

QUOTE (Angerfist @ Jul 25 2006, 03:21 PM) Star Wars and Serenity for sure.
Yep I watched Star Wars whereas Serenity I watched only the movie.
biggrin.gif

I still like Stargate though....its a great series really....
smile.gif

i really liked the movie Serenity
does the show still come on sci fi?
firefly i mean, is the show still in production?

i loved the ender series of books pretty cool
top sci fi
star wars, star trek(voyager and DS9), stargate, stargate atlantis,

i like this one sci fi series
its about an american astronout who accidently enter a wormhole into another galaxy
the best part is,the ship that the hero use now can actually gave birth to another ship
and the ship son is a highly armed ship and only listen to one person(another character inside the series)
i realy have forgot about the title

nothing beats the original star trek series
ohmy.gif

Stargate SG1 is also good but it doesn't beat star trek original.

QUOTE (shara @ Jul 25 2006, 11:36 PM) i like this one sci fi series
its about an american astronout who accidently enter a wormhole into another galaxy
the best part is,the ship that the hero use now can actually gave birth to another ship
and the ship son is a highly armed ship and only listen to one person(another character inside the series)
i realy have forgot about the title
The best Sci-Fi serie is FARSCAPE and STAR WARS followed by all others(stargate, serenity, Battle Star Galactica and lets not forget Star Trek)
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back