Fate/Zero

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (lavenderdays @ Apr 09 2012, 06:29 AM) Actually not to sound arrogant or anything but that was actually an F-15 Variant used by the JSDF
tongue.gif
. Just couldn't help it since Im quite an avid fan of planes.
biggrin.gif
Thats why even if they did not pull off a 40 minute beginner (hoping for a final episode 45 minute length) I would I heavily enjoyed it thanks to the Dog Fight
cool.gif

Ah, I didn't notice the wings through Berserker's noble phantasm, was queued in on the double afterburners. I should've known that, too. *laugh*

Finally its continueing and it didnt get even a bit weaker.

To be honest the show lost me a bit since I cant really understand how Gilgamesh can have a airship since I cant really those existed already a few thousand years ago. Sure he couldve got it through the grailwar but if that was the case he shouldnt be able to control it on that level on the first try since only Saber has the ability to ride/drive/pilot everything.

Kiritsugu sniping Ryuunosuke was unspectacular but just what you would expect of Kiritsugu. It worked and thats all that counts.

Tokiomi really is a scumbag. Until now I thought he is just some boring mage but the way hes treating his daugthers totally ticks me of. I hope Kariya gives him what he deserves.

I really like the new ED animationwise since its a lot of Iri in it and it shows us a few scenes what happened between her and Kiritsugu in the past.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Apr 11 2012, 02:57 PM) To be honest the show lost me a bit since I cant really understand how Gilgamesh can have a airship since I cant really those existed already a few thousand years ago.
Simple mistake - Heroic servants aren't about history, they're about mythology.

In Mythology, Gilgamesh built a great tower to heaven so he could go kill god. When god smashed the tower, Gilgamesh built a box, with posts at each corner, fastened carrion birds to all 4 corners, and put meat over the heads of the birds so they'd fly upwards. It was the first flying machine in mythology, I believe. It backfired when a simple lightning storm scared the carrion birds so bad they flew to the ground.

Of course, all servants are "modernized" to some extent - take Broskander's comment about "knowing everything he needed to know about the world", or Saber's "ride anything" skill. I suspect Gilgamesh's floating box got such an upgrade. (You might take note that the piloting mechanism is still a classic "king's chair on poles" that would be carried through a city by 4~8 servants)

QUOTE (Norren @ Apr 11 2012, 05:55 PM) Simple mistake - Heroic servants aren't about history, they're about mythology.

In Mythology, Gilgamesh built a great tower to heaven so he could go kill god. When god smashed the tower, Gilgamesh built a box, with posts at each corner, fastened carrion birds to all 4 corners, and put meat over the heads of the birds so they'd fly upwards. It was the first flying machine in mythology, I believe. It backfired when a simple lightning storm scared the carrion birds so bad they flew to the ground.

Of course, all servants are "modernized" to some extent - take Broskander's comment about "knowing everything he needed to know about the world", or Saber's "ride anything" skill. I suspect Gilgamesh's floating box got such an upgrade. (You might take note that the piloting mechanism is still a classic "king's chair on poles" that would be carried through a city by 4~8 servants)
Beautifully clarified while very articulate, Norren-san, thanks. I just watched the first episode for season two. Another round of who can best who and of course, Goldie enjoying himself while looking shiny and sparkly boring.
rolleyes.gif
Lancer was especially alluring...dark haired and ready to do battle while trying to figure out how. Poor Saber, her hands full but as noble as ever...hoping that pesky curse will be done with and quick. My man was once again graceful as he rode that fine chariot trying to do evil Caster in.
tongue.gif

For some reason I had this episode downloaded for quite a few days but was stalling...have season one downloaded and debated watching it but I was too lazy...anyway, my hunch to just pick up where we left off was the right course of action...glad for it.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Carlita @ Apr 06 2012, 08:50 PM)I am getting super excited for the second half of this! I finished the first half of the novels a while back, and they are totally awesome. I agree with Jun about being able to know more about the fighting style of Kiritsugu from the novels, but really it's to know more about all the the fighting styles and strategies. I feel like there are a ton of parts to the story that I understand on a totally different level now!

I guess I'll have to re-watch these this weekend or something to get ready for the new episodes
smile.gif

Hey great that you liked it carlita
smile.gif
Yeah the anime really is quite good...but the light novels are still a bit better
biggrin.gif

As for the first episode of season 2, omg I'm so glad they decided to split Fate Zero into 2 seasons, the aniamtion quality was just superb^^Especially the figth with Gilgamesh vs Berserker was well done so far, I waited forever to see that scene animated and the wait was well worth it
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Norren @ Apr 11 2012, 07:55 PM) In Mythology, Gilgamesh built a great tower to heaven so he could go kill god. When god smashed the tower, Gilgamesh built a box, with posts at each corner, fastened carrion birds to all 4 corners, and put meat over the heads of the birds so they'd fly upwards. It was the first flying machine in mythology, I believe. It backfired when a simple lightning storm scared the carrion birds so bad they flew to the ground.

Thanks for the clarification there, I was dumbfounded when it came to that airship too.

Why is Gil riding that UFO thing....? lol I had to laugh when the pilots were trying to figure out what that was, and they both had the same thought as me: UFO
I'm loving Gil tho, his arrogance and pompousness provides a lot of entertainment for me. He's got Tokiomi on HIS knees instead of the other way around, and frankly that pleases me since Tokiomi is despicable imo.
I understand all that stuff about a mage's nobility, but how can he sleep at night knowing what his daughter is enduring? Since he is familiar with the Matou clan, no doubt he knows about their "methods." How he can stand there and confidently claim that this is the best option for his daughters is disgusting.

Hooray for season 2 picking up right where they left off. Im kinda dissapointed that they toned broskandar down from his overpowered like stage in s1 a bit but meh, cant be too picky. I was also put off by the extremely out of place air battle with gilgamesh flyin mah spaceships and firin mah lazor. Hopefully its more of a one off and the series doesnt evolve into that bleach standing and sliding on mid air crap a lot of the shounen animes like to pull. I like it when gravity and physics have some bearing....on an anime with supernatural myths and magic
rolleyes.gif
i can be so picky sometimes. Still the cast is great and you have a lot of powerful personalities and conflicts going on. Heres to hoping it continues to be amazing.

QUOTE (wedora @ Apr 13 2012, 12:28 PM) Hooray for season 2 picking up right where they left off. Im kinda dissapointed that they toned broskandar down from his overpowered like stage in s1 a bit but meh, cant be too picky. I was also put off by the extremely out of place air battle with gilgamesh flyin mah spaceships and firin mah lazor. Hopefully its more of a one off and the series doesnt evolve into that bleach standing and sliding on mid air crap a lot of the shounen animes like to pull. I like it when gravity and physics have some bearing....on an anime with supernatural myths and magic
rolleyes.gif
i can be so picky sometimes. Still the cast is great and you have a lot of powerful personalities and conflicts going on. Heres to hoping it continues to be amazing.
wedora-san! Always a pleasure to see you spamming...love it! I agree, I too, can do without all of the silliness that was that supposed airshow...as soon as Caster is done in, let's hope they put it away and get back to the mystery and beauty that is magic in the darkest corners and the nobility that is the great Iskandar.
wink.gif

Of course, I am well aware the show is not about my man alone but about what makes a Mage tick, betray, assassinate, toss daughters aside for pride and honor and reputation...love too, is to be found. I wanna see Lancer blush again and that mole...
wub.gif
wub.gif

The Berserker vs Gilgamesh story arc might seem sort of "out of left field", but remember - Kariya isn't fighting in the holy grail war to win. He's fighting to kill Tokiomi, and then Zouken. Of course he disregards the "anti-caster truce" to fight the hated beast that threw one of his daughters away. He's been ignoring it from the beginning - Berserker has appeared and gone straight for Gilgamesh almost every time Gilgamesh has appeared out in the open.

Personally, I like how "grey" Tokiomi is. He has two daughters of amazing magical potential, but only one can inherit his magic crest, the other will literally be at a disadvantage magically for the rest of her life not having it. The entire magic community will look down and scorn the one that doesn't inherit it - we've seen how being scorned drives Waver, and how ineffective Waver is in general. Which one does Tokiomi bless with the family crest, when he loves both dearly? As both a family man and a magus, he takes a third option and gets both daughters magus' crests. There's a price to pay for a perfect outcome, and he pays it gladly to see both given literally perfect opportunities.

It's sort of a "real" parenting dilemma played out in the impossibility of nasuverse magic.

That said, having played devil's advocate, I despise him for an entirely different reason, and the same reason Gilgamesh despises Tokiomi - The man really doesn't have any passion or motivation. He's every bit as much of a blank slate as Kotomine, but unlike Kotomine, who walks in uncertainty and thirst, Tokiomi walks in the path of an imagined ideal given to him by his parents, and at one point in the books even comments that his motivations aren't really his own, and never have been.

Gilgamesh, being an absurdly brilliant judge of character, saw through Tokiomi pretty quickly, made him his slave, and moved on to more interesting people.

as I though it wasn't easy to beat Caster's sea monster even with the three servants alliance needing to retreat and plan how to beat it (kudos to Rider's strategy skills and his Ionian Hetairoi), Tokiomi's fight was somewhat anti-climatic but good thing the animation quality apparently didn't drop with the battles resumed in ep.2 except for Kariya's burning effects ¬¬ ...was kinda unexpected to see Kotomine sparing his life and Lancer voluntarily sacrifing one of his spears to enable Saber's Excalibur materialization (a great advantage of hers), but him taking down Berserker's vengeful assault on her and speciallly the mogrel mad dog's surprise attack on Gil were priceless xD about what happened to his intriguing golden airship/box/UFO called Vimana here goes an interesting description to answer our questions (somehow) ^^

QUOTE (julezia @ Apr 13 2012, 11:20 AM)QUOTE (Norren @ Apr 11 2012, 07:55 PM)QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Apr 11 2012, 04:57 PM)To be honest the show lost me a bit since I cant really understand how Gilgamesh can have a airship since I cant really those existed already a few thousand years ago.In Mythology, Gilgamesh built a great tower to heaven so he could go kill god. When god smashed the tower, Gilgamesh built a box, with posts at each corner, fastened carrion birds to all 4 corners, and put meat over the heads of the birds so they'd fly upwards. It was the first flying machine in mythology, I believe. It backfired when a simple lightning storm scared the carrion birds so bad they flew to the ground.Thanks for the clarification there, I was dumbfounded when it came to that airship too.

Why is Gil riding that UFO thing....? lol I had to laugh when the pilots were trying to figure out what that was, and they both had the same thought as me: UFO
800px-Vimana.jpg

"The Vimana (ヴィマーナ) is a flying contraption passed from Babylon to India and recorded in the two epic sagas, Ramayana and Mahabharata, that is owned by Gilgamesh and contained within the Gate of Babylon. It is a golden and emerald ark, fueled by mercury and solar-powered by rutilated quartz crystals, that surpasses the laws of physics by traveling at the speed of thought. It has a pilot throne that can be withdrawn in emergency situations, and a control column, which isn’t used due to interference with the operation of the Gate of Babylon, is placed directly in front of it. He can freely use the Gate of Babylon to launch projectiles while piloting the vessel, and he can also summon shields to block midair projectiles. Within the myths of ancient India, it was apparently loaded with a variety of weapons ranging from ancient machine guns to ancient nuclear warheads, which have been collected and stored within Gilgamesh’s treasury. He uses it to engage Berserker’s F15 fighter jet, and after believing it to have no way to attack from the rear, the Vimana is engulfed and shot down by incendiary bombs transformed from the flare dispenser."

I'm a little confused at the moment. I downloaded up to episode 13 a while ago, but FTv says there are also 14 and 15.. are these the beginnings of S2 or am I bonkers

QUOTE (wceend @ Apr 14 2012, 11:11 AM) I'm a little confused at the moment. I downloaded up to episode 13 a while ago, but  FTv says there are also 14 and 15.. are these the beginnings of S2 or am I bonkers
You are not bonkers, kawaii One...Season I had 13 episodes while Season II, some label episodes one and two, as 14 and 15...sorta where things left off.
wink.gif
Thanks again to Norren-san for clarifying beautifully, some of what had come to mind with regards to Rin-chan's Papa...I suppose I have to cast him in a different light but he still comes across as ruthlessly ambitious in protecting the family crest but I understand as to why now that Norren-san explained it in more depth.

ok that's what I thought, then. I just thought my torrent might have been incomplete.

The legendary beauty who knew not love...is that even possible, noble Saber? A tragic and yet most beautiful and graceful of Sword maidens. Caster greets that awesome light with joy...no fear at his imminent death...none. She extends her grace towards him...he accepts, as he fades into its golden radiance, forevermore.
A beautiful second episode...that's the Fate/Zero I love...
wink.gif

I miss DDLs, for whatever reason ep15 is just dragging... Maybe I'll get to watch it by tonight's end.
sad.gif

edit: Finally finished. OMG, that remix of "The Promised Sword of Victory" and introduction by Iri was magnificent.

You could even feel the tragedy that upset Rider so in the light and expression... and then Saber's expression of wrath... masterful.
ohmy.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Apr 14 2012, 06:08 PM) The legendary beauty who knew not love...is that even possible, noble Saber? A tragic and yet most beautiful and graceful of Sword maidens. Caster greets that awesome light with joy...no fear at his imminent death...none. She extends her grace towards him...he accepts, as he fades into its golden radiance, forevermore.
A beautiful second episode...that's the Fate/Zero I love...
wink.gif

I suppose it was no surprise that Castor welcomed the light from Saber's excalibur with open arms since he was somehow granted his true wish to see Jeanne again. Ironically in defeat he maybe the biggest winner of them all when its all said and done. Screw the holy grail he found the out clause along with the key to the treasure box.

So I'm guessing that Saber and Lancer could be next in line to settle their score. Too bad for Lancer that Saber has now officially lost her handicap but to me that would make the fight more interesting when it happens. Though it does raise the question what of Lancer's new female master? She was nowhere to be found in these previous episodes and I can't imagine she's still attending to a broken down Kayneth. Well wherever she's at I bet Kiritsugu has got some eyes on her. The fact that Lancer and Saber want to have this noble battle full of honor and respect might get undermined by one of Kiritsugu's guerilla type tactics w/his two man army consisting of just him and Maiya lol. I wonder if those two do it when Irisviel isn't around because I recall she gave him a "not just friends" make out kiss during season one. Gomen if I interrupted the serious fate/zero discussion there a bit with that last question.

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Apr 14 2012, 11:30 PM) I suppose it was no surprise that Castor welcomed the light from Saber's excalibur with open arms since he was somehow granted his true wish to see Jeanne again. Ironically in defeat he maybe the biggest winner of them all when its all said and done. Screw the holy grail he found the out clause along with the key to the treasure box.

So I'm guessing that Saber and Lancer could be next in line to settle their score. Too bad for Lancer that Saber has now officially lost her handicap but to me that would make the fight more interesting when it happens. Though it does raise the question what of Lancer's new female master? She was nowhere to be found in these previous episodes and I can't imagine she's still attending to a broken down Kayneth. Well wherever she's at I bet Kiritsugu has got some eyes on her. The fact that Lancer and Saber want to have this noble battle full of honor and respect might get undermined by one of Kiritsugu's guerilla type tactics w/his two man army consisting of just him and Maiya lol. I wonder if those two do it when Irisviel isn't around because I recall she gave him a "not just friends" make out kiss during season one. Gomen if I interrupted the serious fate/zero discussion there a bit with that last question.
I fear one battle that is coming... I know I will cry curtains too . Ah...tragic, both Lancer and Saber, so noble and idealistic...as far as I-chan's hubby and Maya-chan go...he can barely handle I-chan let alone another woman...I cannot imagine him being a cheater let alone a sexual one...he just ain't got it going on that way.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Apr 15 2012, 01:41 AM)I fear one battle that is coming... I know I will cry curtains too . Ah...tragic, both Lancer and Saber, so noble and idealistic...as far as I-chan's hubby and Maya-chan go...he can barely handle I-chan let alone another woman...I cannot imagine him being a cheater let alone a sexual one...he just ain't got it going on that way.
tongue.gif

I don't know if this makes sense because technically you didn't actually spoil anything in your spoiler. Though knowing the affinity you have for a specific character I feel like I have just been spoiled -- do you know what I mean lol. Ah well either way it's not that big of a deal I did click on it after all and one knows the risks when doing so
wink.gif

I wouldn't have thought Kiritsugu a cheated either at first glance since he's all about scheming and tactics with some occasional self-loathing mixed in between. Though I don't think I just dreamed up that kiss from S1 errr well who knows maybe it was just one of those heat of the moment things where Kiritsugu tells I-chan opps I'm not quite sure how her tongue ended up in my mouth
huh.gif
and lingered there for more than 10 seconds. Well they're fighting for grail so I suppose that's more important than who's sleeping with who
rolleyes.gif
or a little affair on the side.

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Apr 14 2012, 11:58 PM) I don't know if this makes sense because technically you didn't actually spoil anything in your spoiler. Though knowing the affinity you have for a specific character I feel like I have just been spoiled -- do you know what I mean lol. Ah well either way it's not that big of a deal I did click on it after all and one knows the risks when doing so
wink.gif

I wouldn't have thought Kiritsugu a cheated either at first glance since he's all about scheming and tactics with some occasional self-loathing mixed in between. Though I don't think I just dreamed up that kiss from S1 errr well who knows maybe it was just one of those heat of the moment things where Kiritsugu tells I-chan opps I'm not quite sure how her tongue ended up in my mouth
huh.gif
and lingered there for more than 10 seconds. Well they're fighting for grail so I suppose that's more important than who's sleeping with who
rolleyes.gif
  or a little affair on the side.
Yep...click at your own risk but I have an affinity for another character as well...but he is kept secret, for now anyway...so that spoiler tag can swing either way.
wink.gif

Now as far a smexy Kiritsugu goes...his eyes are too dead, he is too dry and too straight forward but something tells me when he is alone with his beloved I-chan, he melts. He belongs to her despite his obsession with killing his enemies off. I ain't read the novels nor know the history of why he ticks the way he does, I can only guess based on a woman's intuition and on the sweetness that I-chan feels for him and her own womanliness towards him...he is one lucky man and no way would he defile her by cheating. Maya may have kissed him hard but he was like a dead man in return as I seem to recall he never responded to said passionate kiss...not one iota.
wink.gif
I am sure Norren-san may add to said speculations...I for one, am looking forward to them.

Don't neglect to mention the eye-reaching smiles we see from Kiritsugu in the ED, and Saber's own comments about Kiritsugu from the beginning of everything - She was confused by the Cold shoulder Kiritsugu gave her simply because Kiritsugu allowed her to witness the warmth he showed Iri and Ilia!

Kiritsugu is a perfect family man. (despite being probably the most perfect monster in the holy grail war. Maybe he's the most perfect monster because of it. that's sort of up to debate.)

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back