Fate/Zero

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Apr 23 2012, 11:33 PM) except that he cursed her in the novel as he was dying
Actually he did in the anime too when it was dying, but that's obviously because he thought Saber was part of the scheme knowingly...

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Apr 24 2012, 02:04 PM) Actually he did in the anime too when it was dying, but that's obviously because he thought Saber was part of the scheme knowingly...
Yep...that was one curse I did not miss despite her having nothing to do with it...too bad Lancer died believing she was part of it all...sad.
sad.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Apr 24 2012, 03:57 PM) Yep...that was one curse I did not miss despite her having nothing to do with it...too bad Lancer died believing she was part of it all...sad.
sad.gif

Speaking of Lancer, Green River....I mean Midorikawa's acting at Lancer dying scene was really amazing...the sheer level of details...such as the breathing in pain and agony etc. He really made the entire scene much more intense with his acting.

Another rushed episode, but oh so gratifying given the preview that reveals we are indeed getting the background story chapter on Kiritsugu. I am also looking forward to the next time we see that bike.
biggrin.gif

It's almost refreshing to watch a series rush the MIDDLE with scenes they can extend in blu-ray extras so they can take time in the end on the initial airing.

Between last episode and this episode, Kiritsugu purchased and placed magecraft wards in place around the new base as a replacement for the now relatively useless Einzbern castle in the forest. Iri runs all over the house like a little school girl enjoying her new house as it really is the first house Kiritsugu bought for her.

Partway through her house tour, Iri realizes that Japanese architecture is very bad for magecraft as the feng shui actually prevents prana from gathering in any one place that would then be suitable for use as a magecraft workshop. Saber suggests they check the shed in the courtyard, and Iri discovers it's perfectly shaped to control the prana for her alchemy.

Saber realizes Iri is having her do ALL of the lifting, carrying and work instead of insisting on doing some of it herself. Iri explains she's a homunculus and she's actually turned off her sense of feeling because she's in pain, and has almost no strength.

The Alchemy circle we see Iri in was prepared by Saber meticulously following Iri's instructions. Ironic point: Iri's alchemy circle is what Shirou uses to summon Saber years later. Saber made her own summoning circle.
smile.gif

Also, on the way to the new house was Maiya's introduction to Saber and Iri. Maiya is sent by Kiritsugu to guide them to the new house if I recall correctly. I can't remember quite how it went down, but Iri and Maiya hit it right off.

I think that was everything. I'm sure one of the other type moon fans can correct any mistakes there. I'm on vacation - quite out of form with only one laptop instead of two monitors.
happy.gif
;

So it finally happened. Kirei betrayed Tokiomi and got Gilgamesh has his servant. Too bad thought there wasnt a real last talk between Kirei and Tokiomi, it was too fast and not satisfiying enough (my bloodlust for Tokiomi isnt sated now -.-).

The betrayal is really bad for Irie and co. since they are prepared to not get attacked by Tokiomi and co. (but of course not trusting them) and now everythings changed without them knowing it.

@Norren: I dont quite get your post, is it some sort of short sumerize of an ep in the first season oO

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Apr 30 2012, 09:38 AM) So it finally happened. Kirei betrayed Tokiomi and got Gilgamesh has his servant.
The betrayal is really bad for Irie and co. since they are prepared to not get attacked by Tokiomi and co. (but of course not trusting them) and now everythings changed without them knowing it.

I already know I will be on pins and needles as we wrap this one up. Kirei really is a monster after all and hiding behind Church robes makes him the worst kind, too. Poor Rin-chan, she adored her papa and Papa knew he was a goner but I suspect from the shocked look on his handsome face, he never suspected (or maybe he did) that it would come from the man he has entrusted his beloved daughter to.
Well, since Iri-chan and Saber are in the dark (for the moment, anyway) things will be a bit more suspenseful.
Imo, the most loathed character so far? Kirei, himself.

Yet another rushed episode sadly. This episode finished up the last act of novel 3 and the first quarter of the first act in novel 4. Lots of interesting dialogue left out between Kirei and Archer, not to mention the reordering of events between Kirei/Gil's dialogue and Irisiviel/Maiya's dialogue. The latter wasn't too much of a problem though. The big fights have yet to come as we approach the final 2 days of the Holy Grail War and I hope they don't rush them too much as they were really the highlights of the novels.

Next episode is a "filler" as it never occurred in the original novels, but it will definitely be an interesting episode I hope as it is about Kiritsugu's past and how he became so insane. For those wondering, it's based off a spin-off Fate/Zero - Another Story.

@Norren: I too am confused by your post. The event you're describing is effectively what happened in episode 12 of season 1 and indeed it is the same circle that Saber eventually summons herself with in Fate/Stay Night.

So we get the explaination over how Iri's supposed to be the living vessel for the Grail until it materializes in the end here. not only that but we even get how Kotomine manages to obtain Gil and not only that but how he managed to obtain the Azoth Dagger as well.

Also, as for loli Rin I see she finally got the magic book her father gave her inthis episode. Not only that but Saber on a motorcycle pretty much made my day.
tongue.gif

So all that's left is for Rider and Beserker to be taken out and the hell fire that is to take place in the residental area that Shirou resides and pretty much the prequel is done it would seem. Although it would be nice to see Tiaga invovled in this though.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Apr 30 2012, 07:58 PM) Imo, the most loathed character so far? Kirei, himself.
No defenitely not. Regardless of what Kirei did Tokiomi is far worse. And not only to Sakura but to Rin too. The way he spoke to her and what he said isnt something you say to your 7 year old daugther (or at least I think shes about that age), treating her like some object.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Apr 30 2012, 12:10 PM) @Norren: I too am confused by your post.
It looks like I managed to confuse myself, for that matter. I haven't gotten much sleep lately, between that and the way they moved the Maiya and Iri talk this ep, for some reason I thought they dropped the new base scene.

*bonks own head and goes "baaka"*

Ah well. Vacations. They exhaust you more than real work.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Apr 30 2012, 12:00 PM) So all that's left is for Rider and Beserker to be taken out and the hell fire that is to take place in the residental area that Shirou resides and pretty much the prequel is done it would seem. Although it would be nice to see Tiaga invovled in this though.
tongue.gif

Watch the Einzbern Consultation Room specials on the blu-rays. T-chan is in it.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Apr 30 2012, 02:15 PM) Watch the Einzbern Consultation Room specials on the blu-rays. T-chan is in it.
Watched those almost two weeks ago...amusing, to say the least. Like I said....with Rider coming up to bat/battle soon, I don't know what I will do...so I am preparing myself for the onslaught. Berserker's battle and his master will be of interest too, since Berserker's master also strikes me as a very sad and tragic figure.
sad.gif

@Norren-san...enjoy that vacation, confusion and all.
tongue.gif

For some reaseon I felt like watching macross zero.
Anyway It's good to watch Kiritsugu's past but 2 episodes of it?
I don't know how many episodes there will be but they better don't rush the story.

indeed ep.17 was quite rushed and deserved two eps or one lasting 45 mins like the first of S1 IMO, after all his manipulation Gil finally awakens Kirie and show their true colors one becoming his longtime servant while the new master backstabbed Tokiomi metaphoric and literally speaking... btw isn't his present the same weapon Kotomine will use to stab Rin 10 years later, the Tohsaka family's Azoth dagger? talking about father and daughter's tragic and ironic fate o_O

well ep.18 felt more like an OVA about the childhood of an once joyful Kiritsugu which kinda reminds me to the personalily of his adopted son Shirou, makes sense why Kerry changed so much after witnessing the destruction of the village he used to live along with his first love Shirley... his dad didn't care as he was consumed by his immortality research believing it would help people but only leaded to their doom accidentally turning them into vampires killed by the mage association and the church's executors (ultimate hellsing anyone? ¬¬), will be interesting to see his hot master Natalia Kaminski teaching him everything he knows now about being a mage hunter next week
biggrin.gif

I was particularly struck by the way he tried to cry at the end and failed.

I was wondering how they'd handle that. I think that flashback scene is actually a little longer than in the books, too. I almost shudder to think about how a certain short scene in the last chapter will play out now that we've seen how his village plays out.

And yes, the Azoth dagger is the same one.

Finally they showed us what I waited for since season 1. They finally introduced Kiritsugus hot master to us. And we even get another ep with her, what a delight.

The whole time when Shirley went to the river with Kiritsugu I knew something was bound to happen soon the way she talked, but I thought something else happens. I thought maybe the village will raid the place and she lost her life trying to stop it. At first I thought maybe Kiritsugu sees Shirley and his father in a relationship and that would be his downfall.

But why vampires? Those were nothing more than zombies and not vampires. Really big mistake here Type Moon.

Btw am I the only one who wishes a scene like that would happen?

I believe they call them Vampires as slang, Dead Apostles aren't quite your garden variety vampires.

Besides that, Shirley was the only "real" dead apostle (and even she was artificial) on the island anyway, you could see it wasn't as much about flesh for her as it was blood. Pureblood dead apostles are much, much more like the vampires you know, but *tongue in cheek* this isn't the long awaited tsukihime anime.

re, your pic:
Kiritsugu: "You want me to cast what? Didn't you learn the first time with Mordred?"

So the most recent episode introduces us to Kiritsugu's past. Based on the preview, it seems we're in for more next week to cover (hopefully) the rest of the spin-off novel. To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed that they're spending two episodes this season on this. Good character development, but the poor pacing from the previous 2 episodes already bothers me with how the show will handle the remaining fights.

I'm really starting to think that the Rin episode back from season 1 is going to cost this show in terms of pacing. Not to mention that the cliffhanger from season 1 would have actually been significantly better by leaving off with the episode right before Saber regained Excalibur.

Okay all this epsidoe did was show how Kirisugu became known as the Eternal Badass with some of the Fate fans. By that I mean how he managed to become a Magus Hunter.

As for the next epsidoe it looks like his full on past comes to light. Pretty much I kind fo thought that this series was going to be a bit about either most of the happenings during the Grail War or turn into a major backstory for one of the key players in this seires.

Still never the less at least it's still explaining things properly. Also, I never really thought that DAA Research was kind of a dangerous thing to work on, but then again I never knew anyone willing to work on it.

Still this pretty much shows that ufotable should do a Tsukihime series sometime down the line. Heck even a Melty Blood series would be fine to watch. I'm stating this since the magus that piced him up looked kind of like Ries, who was Sion's friend/teacher in the Melty Blood series.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ May 06 2012, 01:50 AM) But why vampires? Those were nothing more than zombies and not vampires. Really big mistake here Type Moon.
Actually the proper term for "Shito" is "Dead Apostles" as mention above...and they are not the same as the "vampire" they one would usually imagine. If you read or played Tsukihime, then you will know the Shito reference.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back