Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 3rei!! Sekka no Chikai

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Who is your favorite girl from the Fate/ universe?

• Illyasviel von Einzbern / Illya

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rin Tohsaka / Kaleido-Ruby

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Miyu Edelfelt

• Luviagelita Edelfelt

• Saber / Arturia Pendragon

• Sakura Matou

• Rider / Medusa

• Caster / Medea

• Taiga Fujimura / Tiger-sensei

• Bazett Fraga McRemitz

• Caren Ortensia

• Irisviel von Einzbern

• Sola-Ui Nuaba-Re Sophia-Ri

• Red Saber / Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus

• None of them - another character from Fate/

• Total voters
really? damn that sucks :/ im starting to doubt the OVAs will fix any removed stuff, just saw #9 with subs but at least it got more interesting than the previous 2 eps... finally MILFy Irisviel arrived and the battle of Saber Miyu vs. Berserker just began, can't wait! ^^ hopefully tomorrow the TV series pre-air finale will be subbed sooner
Saber Alter vs. Archerko remains as the best fight if Zwei/Drei aren't animated
sleep.gif

So the finale was pretty much 100% faithful to manga, complete with Illya and Myu's makeshift version of kaleidoscope cannon

And we even got a small teaser for Season 2/2Wei, with certain badass redhead arriving to the town:
tumblr_mss2uufvAs1rxsafxo4_500.jpg

Which makes me even more bewildered and confused on WHY THE HELL did they even make the anime-original changes in episodes 7 8 and 9????? Why remove foreshadowing? Why significantly alter Illya's character development???

It would have been understandable on if they did not plan to cover Zwei, but they clearly ARE intending to do that, so why make it harder to themselves? BECAUSE OF THOSE CHANGES, it will be a lot more harder to adapt season two, considering Illya's characterization is the KEY ELEMENT of it.

finale just subbed and watched ^^ glad to know is faithful to the manga and 2wei's confirmed with Bazett's arrival, as i expected Berserker lasted longer (after Saber) using his God Hand noble phantasm and literally Miyu's now closer to Ilya (yuri?)... anyway is too much of a coincidence that their upcoming OVAs in fall are the same quantity of episodes they messed up, also I guess the extra 5 specials will be short omakes about gags and other 'filler' stuff that was left out from the Tv adaptation
smile.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Sep 13 2013, 02:00 PM) finale just subbed and watched ^^ glad to know is faithful to the manga and 2wei's confirmed with Bazett's arrival, as i expected Berserker lasted longer (after Saber) using his God Hand noble phantasm and literally Miyu's now closer to Ilya (yuri?)... anyway is too much of a coincidence that their upcoming OVAs in fall are the same quantity of episodes they messed up, also I guess the extra 5 specials will be short omakes about gags and other 'filler' stuff that was left out from the Tv adaptation
smile.gif

Actually I flipped through the manga to double-check, and they have already cover everything in the series 1 manga. Just to clarify, this show has more or less remained loyal to the manga source, all but except the part which they change Iliya was "scare of the tremendous amount of magic power she herself possess and being different from a normal girl/human being (scare of herself)" to anime's "being scare of live and death battles (scare to fight)". Also, the part at the last episode part which they transformed and fly to school, that is actually the very beginning part of the Zwei volume one, but I do think using that scene as the ending for season 1 is a nice touch, as it was the perfect way to conclude this season.

So what I meant to say was there's no material at all is left from the season 1 manga, except for the change I mentioned above.

There's two other things got removed:

a) During the episode of Iliya stay home to rest, Shirou got removed, and the maid's talk of "Iliya's seal has sighs of being temporarily unlocked, and some of the 10 years worth of accumulated power has been released" as well as "the seal would not be unlock except for being in live and death situation" also got removed (3 pages of materials)
Of course

cool.gif
Also during the bath scenes with Iri and Iliya having a mother and daughter talk, in the anime that removed the part which Iri said "The seal/lock has been opened twice, and the power accumulated over 10 years has pretty much all gone. The power consumption is shocking, I didn't expect that the seal would unlock so soon", plus other talks regarding the meaning of "power" (3 pages of materials.

Due to the nature of how they are removed and those scenes being part of the chapters already animated, it's not possible for them to put these scenes into separate episodes, or are those small amount of materials enough for making new episodes. If anything, the only way to do it is to add these scenes back in on the Blu-ray release.

For the specials or OVAs, I'm not sure where you getting the info from, but I just don't see what they can do, except for original stories that are not in the manga and exist outside the time-line of Zwei. I guess they COULD do that official crossover chapter from the volumne 2 of Zwei/CompAce's May 2010 issue (which both I happen to own) which Iliya and Miyu meet and fight side by side with Nanoha and Fate considering that story is outside the timeline of the main story, but can't say I really see that happening.

QUOTE (Anybody @ Sep 15 2013, 02:58 AM) So yeah, Season 2 has been confirmed.

Which will be hard to do considering how they messed up episodes 7 8 and 9 which contain the most important things for it.
Well, two easiest ways would be:

a) Add those missing short conversations to the Blu-ray release - but that would mean we would all have to rewatch reason 1 Blu-ray version...not that I would mind

b ) A quick recap for first episode of Zwei, with those missing conversations added in as part of the flashbacks (wouldn't take up more than 1 mins of so, since they are really no more than a few lines) as a foreshadowing for Zwei.

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Sep 15 2013, 03:25 AM) Well, two easiest ways would be:

a) Add those missing short conversations to the Blu-ray release - but that would mean we would all have to rewatch reason 1 Blu-ray version...not that I would mind

b ) A quick recap for first episode of Zwei, with those missing conversations added in as part of the flashbacks (wouldn't take up more than 1 mins of so, since they are really no more than a few lines) as a foreshadowing for Zwei.
Unless they redo entirety of Ep7 and EP8, I don't see how, considering Illya's fear of herself and her destructive side is exactly the reason why Kuro exists. And anime completely changed Illya's motivation for running away and the dialogue with Iris.

I'm not sure I agree with your interpretation, Anybody. I dislike the minor changes, too, but I don't think they will require altering 2wei's plot at all:

Illya says when she uses an install later on in the story (I think it was near the start of Drei?) that it was her first time using an install: the two times prior were both Kuro acting and not her.

There's also the shared flashback dream where Iri seals "the grail vessel" (implied to be Kuro/Illya's original self) away in infant Illya to prevent a future grail war.

I'm interpreting the two together to mean Kuro existed as a separate personality from Illya's birth. All Kuro needed to escape Illya's body was to be unsealed and to gain a way to incarnate herself and the first two installs fulfilled each in turn with the Archer Class Card. I also would not be surprised if she specifically needed the Archer card for the Independent Action attribute.

QUOTE (Norren @ Sep 16 2013, 03:47 AM) I'm not sure I agree with your interpretation, Anybody.  I dislike the minor changes, too, but I don't think they will require altering 2wei's plot at all:

Illya says when she uses an install later on in the story (I think it was near the start of Drei?) that it was her first time using an install: the two times prior were both Kuro acting and not her.

There's also the shared flashback dream where Iri seals "the grail vessel" (implied to be Kuro/Illya's original self) away in infant Illya to prevent a future grail war.

I'm interpreting the two together to mean Kuro existed as a separate personality from Illya's birth.  All Kuro needed to escape Illya's body was to be unsealed and to gain a way to incarnate herself and the first two installs fulfilled each in turn with the Archer Class Card.  I also would not be surprised if she specifically needed the Archer card for the Independent Action attribute.
Incorrect.

Kuro is Illya's "potential" its not a separate personality. Its a split personality. One split into two due to Illya's emotional conflict between wanting to be normal and wanting to use her power. its illya with fully realized potential of  hers, that got split from Illya due to Illya's wish.

They are two halves of the same hence why when Kuro split, Illya's overall power got weaker.

That's the very reason Kuro hated Illya and wanted to kill  her.

Saying that it was Kuro in Archer situation is not exactly cirrect either - it was a composite Illya with Grail power - Kuro "represents" it, but she is not it.

What Iris and Kiri sealed was exactly her potential, her nature as Holy Grail. Its not a "Self" its her connection to the grail and her nature as homunculus.

In short - Illya's conflicting emotions and wish to be normal and her psychological state in these episodes are exactly the reason we have Kuro and exactly the reason why Kuro wanted to kill her. In short - exactly the reason for ENTIRE S2 PLOT...

QUOTE (Anybody @ Sep 16 2013, 07:21 AM) Incorrect.

Kuro is Illya's "potential" its not a separate personality. Its a split personality. One split into two due to Illya's emotional conflict between wanting to be normal and wanting to use her power. its illya with fully realized potential of  hers, that got split from Illya due to Illya's wish.

They are two halves of the same hence why when Kuro split, Illya's overall power got weaker.

That's the very reason Kuro hated Illya and wanted to kill  her.

Saying that it was Kuro in Archer situation is not exactly cirrect either - it was a composite Illya with Grail power - Kuro "represents" it, but she is not it.

What Iris and Kiri sealed was exactly her potential, her nature as Holy Grail. Its not a "Self" its her connection to the grail and her nature as homunculus.

In short - Illya's conflicting emotions and wish to be normal and her psychological state in these episodes are exactly the reason we have Kuro and exactly the reason why Kuro wanted to kill her.  In short - exactly the reason for ENTIRE S2 PLOT...
Actually...

Kuro is more like the "original" Illya and the "first daughter" of Iri who was sealed away along with the power, and the Illya we all know now is the "2nd personality". So I guess technically speaking it makes Kuro Illya's elder sister in a way?

Kuro's "hatred" (actually I think obsession would be the more appropriate term) toward Illya is more about Illya "stole her life" (though it's innocent on Illya's part) and her anger/sadness toward betrayal of her parents.

Pretty much long story short, it's pretty much the complex Illya obtained when the 4th Grail War never took place and had her powers sealed.

In any case with them doing 2Zwei for the next season makes me hopefull to see not only Bazzett in action, but Caren, and Kuro as well.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Sep 14 2013, 03:40 PM)For the specials or OVAs, I'm not sure where you getting the info from, but I just don't see what they can do, except for original stories that are not in the manga and exist outside the time-line of Zwei.yup :/ I just watched 3 short specials and looks like their funny stories aren't in the manga, still this holiday break of 3 weeks not only for Golden Time but also Kill la Kill and Samumenco wasn't boring... seeing Illya transformed into a furry and when she lost in a 'who wants to be millionare?' parody, to not answer that she loves Shiro then Sera stressed for her weight gain because of his cooking
tongue.gif

is it just me or do you pals think too that overall the 5 short omakes are better, specially the last 2 with Rin working as maid and Iri playing strip table games... than the OVA subbed a few days ago about illya and her classmates, competing in an athletic festival to defend the meat of Taiga-sensei from other teachers? ;/
anyway as seen in this PV 2wei will be aired in July along Sailor Moon Crystal
biggrin.gif

Well watched the OAV episode, and I have to say I was a bit surprised that they did the sports day chapter. Still seeing Miyu and Illya use their Mahou Loli powers to help Tiger keep her presious meat safe, but the end of the episode was more or less expected.

As for Zwei, yes it got confirmed for a season, so this means that we'll be seeing Kuro-chan (A.k.A. Archerko) in this season.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Mar 19 2014, 11:27 PM)As for Zwei, yes it got confirmed for a season, so this means that we'll be seeing Kuro-chan (A.k.A. Archerko) in this season.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Anybody @ Mar 20 2014, 01:34 PM)DAT TRAILER.

Animation quality looks to be upped(although most of shots are most likely from the OP). It seems we are getting a far stronger OP this season.as the preair wasn't subbed, i waited for today's premiere ;/ 2nd half got better!
PV'2: so far my favorite magical girl series over SMC, MKS or MMR this season
smile.gif

Just watched Ep2 of 2wei.

Yep, this continues to have the best-animated archer fights where Archer-powers are used like they should be.

And so far the only FSN adaptation who actually sticks to the damn mana rules instead of sticking random cgi dragons into it.

Glorious OP song too, way better than S1. Loving the visuals in it and hints towards various plotlines this season. Way less spoilery than previous one too.

Nice Kerry/Iris scene at the end. I guess this way they will cover the shit they for no reason cut out in Season One.

10/10 so far

Well all I can say is finally Kuro makes her appearance here. Also, the fight scenes with Archerko were nicely done I must say. Although the best moment was the surprise yuri scene with Kuro and Miyu why Illya just stood there stunned of course.
laugh.gif

Moe! moe! moe! moe!!!!

QUOTE (is_darkness88 @ Jul 18 2014, 12:30 AM) Moe! moe! moe! moe!!!!
NTR! NTR! NTR!
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back