Fansub.TV Next Generation Project

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kazawa said:
Can you add me to the ecchi group? I'm 18+ and was a part of it in the past. Thanks
kazawa
Sure, done :)

It's always fun dropping back in occasionally and seeing what has happened to this place. :) Warms my heart seeing it still alive and in development.

I am pleased to announce the availability of the Fansub.TV archive, aka the original Fansub.TV forums from before the upgrade.

https://oldboards.fansub.tv/

The board has also been upgraded to use HTTPS / secure login.

Please note that you will need to login to access the site, use the old username and password you used back in October 2016.

View attachment 608View attachment 609

Please do not post anything to the old site, as it will be impossible to import any of the content back into here.

Also note that many of the off-board links will actually take you back to the new/current site as the links have not been changed.

And...

The web chat has been replaced with Web IRC connecting to Rizon ! (The old chat service was discontinued by IPB so I replaced it).

Attachments

• oldftv-1.png
    oldftv-1.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 216
  • oldftv-2.png
    oldftv-2.png
    133.8 KB · Views: 212
I have some sad and disapointing news to bring to you all, when I had hoped to be bringing something really exciting.

Over the past few days I have been working on the Next Gen + version of Fansub, it is actually quite far ahead in terms of the current setup and required the OS to be upgraded as well as the forum suite, and a totally new theme made from scratch, which I had just got to the point I was happy with.

Unfortunatly, the people behind the IPS suite decided to kill off the IP Content system and replace it with 'Pages', this replacement is supposed to be better, however it dosn't have the ability to run full code inside, which means that all of the Anime side of Fansub/MATV could not run, and therefore makes the whole thing pointless.

--> BUT see update post below <---

So therefore, here are some screenshots of 'What it could have been' but sadly won't.

View attachment 611View attachment 612View attachment 613

I do have a ticket open with IPS about this, but I don't think anything will come from it.

We are currently running on a version of the forum which out of support, and sadly almost back to square one all over again.

At this moment I honestly do not know what to do. I will have to spend an even longer amount of time trying to find a solution, but there may not be one.

Attachments

• forum-1.png
    forum-1.png
    240.8 KB · Views: 219
  • forum-2.png
    forum-2.png
    154.8 KB · Views: 219
  • gallery.png
    gallery.png
    571.7 KB · Views: 253
Further to the post above I have a new screenshot to share...
View attachment 618
(click to enlarge)

That is the streaming episode page, this is where you get to when following the frontpage, then streaming, Fate stay night 2015, episode 0 prologue.

The episode page is one of the more simple code pages, which is why I chose to try this first, and in case its not clear from the screenshot...its actually working!
This is using the 'blocks' feature which does still allow full code, its a bit more of a hassle, and some things don't work, but it *might* be possible to get the site working this way, it will require a lot of code changes and will take a long time. But it is better than nothing at all.

Attachments

• streamingepisode.png
    streamingepisode.png
    247.2 KB · Views: 253
Please note I will be shutting down the old site / archive on September 1st. postponed, it remains up for now December 31st 2017.

Please ensure you have any data you need before then, this will be the last chance to get anything from the old forum!

(Thread has been split from the Next Generation Project thread to make it more visible, it will be merged back in later.)

Not sure if there is anything I need over there since most of the stuff I have is already here, and I was wondering if you were going to merge this site and yours together since I see the pics I post here tend to pop up over there as well.

Kid-Wolf said:
Not sure if there is anything I need over there since most of the stuff I have is already here, and I was wondering if you were going to merge this site and yours together since I see the pics I post here tend to pop up over there as well.
I didn't get time to do what I needed so the closure is postponed for now.

The sites were merged ages ago Wolfie, thats why your pictures and posts etc show up in both places :)
The forum just uses a different theme / colour scheme depending on which url / domain / name is used.

Yeah, but if I got on that site I have to login again, even if I'm already logged in here though. That is the one thing I was trying to point out there.

Kid-Wolf said:
Yeah, but if I got on that site I have to login again, even if I'm already logged in here though. That is the one thing I was trying to point out there.
That will always happen, its because its a different domain name and your browser cannot send a cookie for one domain to a different one.
You can be logged into both at once however and it will stay logged in.

Well then that explains it a bit there then. I mean I kind of found it odd that it was like that though.

Maiku_Ando said:
Please note I will be shutting down the old site / archive on December 31st 2017.

Please ensure you have any data you need before then, this will be the last chance to get anything from the old forum!

This has to be done as I need to rebuild the server it runs on.
Archive has been closed and the server has been upgraded.

Planned (proposed) Changes in 2018

The forum software needs updating to the next version as the current one is out of support. In order to do this, a lot of the old code would need re-writing, and it would seem a good time to trim down on some unused services, therefore:

• All of the DDL system, the servers, the downloads (the DDLs), the fansub group services, torrenting functions etc will be closed *.
  • The DDL/'fan videos' section on the main page will be replaced with the Necromendations.
  • The 'Mini Blogs' (not wordpress) will be removed - currently this is being paid for and no one is using it.

Please comment / discuss below :)

*Removing the DDL code does break my heart, as I spent many years writing and developing that, and it is still one of my greatest coding achievements, sadly I cannot see any use for it without getting into trouble with the DMCA. If anyone here can think of a legitimate use for a fully automated multi-server torrenting, screenshotting system, then please do let me know.

The Necromendations will be expanded so that previous entries will be kept, and therefore fill the gap left by removing the DDLs on the front page.

I'm also considering opening up the 'articles' system to allow people to write items for the site, sort of like the webzine but instead of a magazine it appears as a feature/page on the site.

Yeah this place used to be my main hub for most fansub releases but now I have other sources. But yes I did like how the system was setup for downloading episodes here though. Although if we could still use that function somehow it would be great, but sadly you're right about the DMCA issue. Although I'm not sure if there are series we could try and fetch with that setup as of late either, so I guess it had it's purpose back in its hay-day though.

A little late to the party, but I share the same opinion, more or less. Since things broke, I've setup other means, but I prefer sharing opinions on series here. I just really haven't been feeling up to posting much as of late. It will be sad to see the DDLs go, but I haven't been able to use the DDLs for years, anyway.

While you're doing updates, is there anything we can do to make the layout more width-responsive, like perhaps set the video list up on a CSS grid layout? I usually do my browsing on my Portrait orientated monitors, and the front-page needs a bunch of left/right scrolling at 950~1080px wide.

Still in the planning stage so not too late for comments or ideas at all, more the better.

Norren said:
A little late to the party, but I share the same opinion, more or less. Since things broke, I've setup other means, but I prefer sharing opinions on series here. I just really haven't been feeling up to posting much as of late. It will be sad to see the DDLs go, but I haven't been able to use the DDLs for years, anyway.

While you're doing updates, is there anything we can do to make the layout more width-responsive, like perhaps set the video list up on a CSS grid layout? I usually do my browsing on my Portrait orientated monitors, and the front-page needs a bunch of left/right scrolling at 950~1080px wide.
Whats the reason you can't use the DDLs?

Can you browse to this page and tell me if that one re-sizes any better? Also try this one? Those use a slightly newer layout.

I will try to fix any problems like those if you can keep an eye out for such things and let me know (you can post it in here).

It looks like the new forum will require me to re-write those pages anyway, so hopefully can fix them. I've not actually used grid before tho... :)

I don't remember the last time I actually saw the DDLs- I saw the Tracker links for a long time, but at some point the DDL links just dropped off. I assumed it was country-blocked to avoid legal reasons here in the US.

Both those pages scale down to 960px just fine. Sometimes I scale down a little lower than what they seem to like, landing a scrollbar, but at full width on one of my side monitors they work fine.

Grid Layout is fun! Designing in it can be kind of a mental shift- what I've been doing is coding the "regular page" as if it was a legacy mobile/IE4.0 page then using media queries to turn on the fancy layout via Grid. I'm still getting the hang of it since I've only just begun to use it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back