Fansub.TV Next Generation Project

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT YOU SAID!!! *FLIP TABLE!!* follow by *Primula Freezing me because her shortcake was on it!!*

Oh there a Primula gallery.... it just not public ^_^

Hi everyone. It has been ages (as in years!) since I dropped by FTV. I'm glad to see its still alive and evolving. Daft and so many people contributed to this project for so long, its nice to see a new team has taken up the flag.

I have not explored all the new features, but the new look is a great modern upgrade. Keep up the good work.

Bold said:
Hi everyone. It has been ages (as in years!) since I dropped by FTV. I'm glad to see its still alive and evolving. Daft and so many people contributed to this project for so long, its nice to see a new team has taken up the flag.

I have not explored all the new features, but the new look is a great modern upgrade. Keep up the good work.
Hey Bold, welcome back! Glad you like the progress!
Hope you'll stick around and try out some of the new features!

Still going to take me a while to navigate though the site again, but I'll make time for it. Also, it seems like certain images are down as of now it seem, not sure as to why though.

Kid-Wolf said:
Still going to take me a while to navigate though the site again, but I'll make time for it. Also, it seems like certain images are down as of now it seem, not sure as to why though.
Apologies for the brief issue with the images, I was testing out a security service this past week and had redirected a large portion of the site traffic through it which included the images, I put in a request to cancel the service before it renewed which is today, but I hadn't changed the settings back. I've done it now so it should be back to normal. If you cant see all the images then you can try clearing your browser cache, but it will clear itself after 4 hours from now anyway.

Yeah it's back to normal now, so again still have to reorient myself with the new look now. :3

Kid-Wolf said:
Yeah it's back to normal now, so again still have to reorient myself with the new look now. :3
Hopefully its not too hard to get used to :)

Some More Fixes

HTTPS / SSL - now fully working all over the site, also the bug that kept switching it back to http / non secure is fixed.

CHAT - I fixed the permissions, now everyone should be able to use the chat room / private chats - SORRY! I missed the permissions again x.x

Permissions - I just went through all of the permissions for everyone / everything on the entire site and fixed serveral things. Now everything should be accessable correctly.

And finally... PLEASE EVERYONE if you see a new feature / me / a post / someone talk about a new feature / something you can't see / access, PLEASE report it !
If someone had reported they couldn't get in the chat, I would have checked it sooner and found the problem, so please if you see somethong wrong or can't access something, say so!
I can't fix a problem I don't know about! If your shy, then send me a PM or something :)

It's a little thing, but can you tweak it so the forum posts on the front page link to the first unread post rather than first post in a thread, like it used to?

Norren said:
It's a little thing, but can you tweak it so the forum posts on the front page link to the first unread post rather than first post in a thread, like it used to?
By front page, do you mean the one that has the anime, youtube video and the forum posts are on the right hand side? OR do you mean the forums main page that only lists the forums/threads on it?

EDIT

Ok, so I looked at the front page (with youtube video/anime etc) and noticed that those forum links were not going to the newest post like you said, so I have now fixed that.
The reason for those not working was becuase the old Forum used 'getrecentpost' in the link where as the new forum wants 'getnewpost', seems they changed that between versions of the software.
It should now be fixed (note if its not, try reloading the page as it might be cached).

Also, i think someone asked about that before and I thought they meant something else, so sorry about that.

Norren said:
I'm going to make a CSS suggestion:

.custom_fields .fc {
display: block;
max-height: 5rem;
overflow-y: scroll;
}

Wall of interests crits page length for over nine thousand~
As you might now notice... I finally got around to actually putting this into the CSS!

Thanks Norren for making that.

I also fixed the old FTV series page so it dosn't logout, and the smaller FTV logo wasn't working.

List of things still to do / fix:
  • Fix the wordpress blogs
  • Put up a temporary server with the Old Fansub.TV site / Allow access to old site data (notepad, avatars, signatures etc).
  • Make the youtube favourites / voting thing.
  • Do something better for the Necromendations / integrate with the front page more.
  • Make the DDLs visible to logged in members only. done
  • Merge the FTV and MATV Anime databases (allows the series page to show all the anime info we have)
  • Update the old FTV user content with the new userids (Allow the FTV feature of 'watching' and 'following' of anime series to be brough back / work again) done.
  • Update the old FTV anime -> thread listing with new thread numbers (allow the anime series page to show the right forum posts again)
  • And then theres the whole re-write of the entire anime info part of the site so that all of the above works together and includes some extra content.

The bottom half of the list above is basically to remake the anime pages (episode guide ddls etc), unfortunatly the whole copyright situation has got even more crazy, and it looks like I'm going to have to remove all the DDLs and torrent related stuff from the site. As that part of the site needs a re-write anyway (to merge the FTV and MATV anime stuff) I might as well go all out and totally do something new.

Feel free to suggest ideas and opinions on what you feel you'd like to see on a future 'anime series' page. I could add custom content, articles, reviews, info on anime figures?

Also feel free to comment on my 'to do' list above and say waht you think is more important / what you care about most - it might help me choose what to fix next.

And I need some ecchi people to go through the old ecchi gallery threads and import the pictures into the new gallery. I know, having to look at all those ecchi pics is a terrable job, but someone needs to do it in the spirit of the new gallery Any volunteers? xD

Some Minor fixes:

Mobile Skin
I have added a new button on main menu (press the 4 squares icon on the top right) called 'Anime & Home' which takes you to the frontpage.
It seems the 'home' button isn't displayed while in the forums, meaning there wasn't any easy way back to the front page when using a mobile device.

Also made some minor changes to the episode page so it now displays properly (fits in the screen area) in mobile, the other pages will take more time.

Anime/main pages
DDL Links now only visable when logged in - dosn't actually prevent downloads if you already have the link, just the links don't show up to non-members.
This has been done for copyright reasons so we look less like a pirate site.

Forum
Merged the two 'Games' sections into one, its a bit heavy on the pinned threads now but I might move the how-to / guide threads into a sub forum (Any thoughts on that?)

Also this thread is getting rather quiet, please keep giving ideas everyone, I might be slow at doing things / getting around to them but every comment is appreciated!

Some news on updates....

The Blogs
Some progress has been made, Wordpress has been updated and so have the themes.
Sadly the 'Spring for fansub' theme got killed during the update, will have to look at fixing that later, unfortunatly it has broken any blog using it, so you'll need to change the theme to fix it (use 'almost spring' for a similar theme).
The single sign on plugin has been disabled which means normal logins now work - the problem however is that you need to know what your OLD fansub numerical id was...which ofcourse has now changed since the site merger.
The good news is that I still have all that info, so I can make some sort of conversion thingy to either update it or tell you the username.
Alternatively, you can just get a reminder by using the forgot login button and enter your email address.
If you do that, then you can login and update your blogs again.
I'll look at finding a better fix / or SSO plugin later.

Watch List / Followed Anime
If you remember the old Fansub series pages, you could 'follow' or set as 'watching' for a series, this broke along with everything else, but I have now got it partially working again.
There is now a 'My Watch List' item on the anime menu, and it will take you to a currently basic list of anime your following/watching.
There are some animes missing off the list, and thats because I havn't imported / merged the anime databases yet.
Next step will be to add the 'follow / unfollow' button back into the series pages.

Mobile / tablet browsing
I tried to use the mobile version of the site recently and realised just how bad it is, stuff dosn't fit at all and there isn't any way to get to the admin pages.
I have started work on fixing the series and front page, not ready yet but will have a version out soon.

Youtube / Frontpage video
I have a partially working re-write of the youtube admin page done, it dosn't have the voting stuff yet however.

Another update...

Mobile / tablet browsing
The DDL / series page has now been updated for mobile. This should allow it to resize to smaller screens better and fit on the screen better.

Before it looked like this:
View attachment 605View attachment 606

Now it looks like this:
View attachment 607

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-23-17-09-26.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-23-17-09-26.png
    573.7 KB · Views: 216
  • Screenshot_2017-04-23-17-09-43.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-23-17-09-43.png
    583.9 KB · Views: 205
  • Screenshot_2017-04-23-17-15-37.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-23-17-15-37.png
    595 KB · Views: 219
Hmm, can't see the screenshots- permissions.

That said, thank you so much for fixing the blogs! Got back into mine the other day, will hopefully get some stuff squared away so I can start posting again.

Norren said:
Hmm, can't see the screenshots- permissions.

That said, thank you so much for fixing the blogs! Got back into mine the other day, will hopefully get some stuff squared away so I can start posting again.
Oopse sorry about that, fixed the permissions. (so thats what the 'download' permission is for lol).

Glad the blogs are working for you, I'm thinking about changing the login names to the same as the forum and just having the blogs run as-is (as in a separate login).
I think that might be easier for everyone insted of resetting/finding the old number and a second login isn't like that bad/end of world thing I hope xD

-----------

Also sorry for the random site down time yesterday, the server was shutdown by the host for some patches and I forgot to warn everyone.
This is why Saber is currently offline, so at the moment the DDLs are down, as there was some problem after the updates, it will probably be back in a couple hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back