Fansub.TV J-zine Issue 5

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (warita200 @ Dec 08 2009, 02:32 PM) I think that is a spledid idea for the forums. I can see a lot of goofiness coming our way, YAY
I agree, warita-chan and as you have a good sense of humor and can be wicked with it at times, we can sure as hell, can have one hell of a time asking all sorts of sordid questions...now, if folks start to get too puritanical in their thinking...well, that will be a bore-fest, big time. Let's hope it all works out and many can have some fun.
tongue.gif

ok then, so how are we going to do this and do we make a start on it?
Are we thinking of a thread for the letters etc to come into and reply there? or just to recieve the questions? Or do you want to do it like a collum and use an email address? The latter is unlikly to help the forums of course.

Hey guys, sorry its been a while.
Things got crazy.
Anyways.. just a little fyi.. Im a guy..
tongue.gif
not a girl.. hehe

Maiku, its up to you. whichever you believe to b more beneficial.
Although, if the column were to be posted into each J-Zine issue, how would posting and replying within the forums work?

QUOTE (koiji @ Dec 15 2009, 02:03 AM) Maiku, its up to you. whichever you believe to b more beneficial.
Although, if the column were to be posted into each J-Zine issue, how would posting and replying within the forums work?
Well I think we will need to make up something for this issue, but we just need some method for people to submit the questions. They could either use a thread on the forum, and we take the best X of those and print them in the magazine along with a reply. Or we could make an email account for it and people just send a mail in. Personally I think the forum method might be better, it will help to publicise itself, and it will get more attention. I also think it will benefit the forums as Yaya suggested.

Btw koiji-san, I sent you a pm like a week ago
tongue.gif

and..
DarkEve6 I also sent you several PMs, if your still checking the forum please check your inbox
smile.gif

Alright, well, that sounds like a good idea to me..
smile.gif

& i am sooo sorry! I didnt even see that till just now! >.<.. ill check it right away..
tongue.gif

QUOTE (koiji @ Dec 25 2009, 10:01 AM) Alright, well, that sounds like a good idea to me..
smile.gif

& i am sooo sorry! I didnt even see that till just now! >.<.. ill check it right away..
tongue.gif

http://boards.fansub.tv/?showtopic=9438&st=20&#entry286447

Make sure you check these out...hope they will get your imagination a cookin, koiji-san!
tongue.gif
Let me know if you liked them or disliked, thanks.
wink.gif

I checked em out, and like I said in the thread.. they seemed a little harsh.. hehe.. but they still made me smile..
tongue.gif

Maybe I only say they seem harsh is because.. In RL.. the columns I was with.. we had to be VERY careful of what we say.. like telling people to "get a life" or "get over yourself".. was a big no no.. you know.. legal crap..
tongue.gif

But Im guessin its ok here.. & of course.. there still is always a limit..
tongue.gif

one thing I forgot to add on the other thread was that.. We shouldnt just limit it to "anime character issues".. I mean.. if someone is REALLY having a problem.. and REALLY needs advice.. they could use an anime character as an alias.. you know.. Im just trying to make sure we appeal to the widest possible audience!

Anyways ImTakes.. nice job.
wink.gif
Good ideas, and it got the old juices flowing.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (koiji @ Dec 30 2009, 01:29 PM)I checked em out, and like I said in the thread.. they seemed a little harsh.. hehe.. but they still made me smile..
tongue.gif

Maybe I only say they seem harsh is because.. In RL.. the columns I was with.. we had to be VERY careful of what we say.. like telling people to "get a life" or "get over yourself".. was a big no no.. you know.. legal crap..
tongue.gif

But Im guessin its ok here.. & of course.. there still is always a limit..
tongue.gif

one thing I forgot to add on the other thread was that.. We shouldnt just limit it to "anime character issues".. I mean.. if someone is REALLY having a problem.. and REALLY needs advice.. they could use an anime character as an alias.. you know.. Im just trying to make sure we appeal to the widest possible audience!
Anyways ImTakes.. nice job.
wink.gif
Good ideas, and it got the old juices flowing.
tongue.gif

Harsh? Surely, you jest, right?
rolleyes.gif
I mean, in the anime fantasy world you see all kinds of things that are to be considered harsh..., anime folks, kids even, getting stabbed, shot, raped, mocked, bullied, tortured.
In real life, it is one thing to be understanding and prudent and such, when advising real folk, I am well aware of that. In the world of fantasy and anime, anything goes. All one needs is wit, a good sense of humor, and of course, adventure, otherwise, one will be made subject to another boring, run-of-the-mill advice column.
Good luck with yours...
wink.gif

QUOTE (koiji @ Dec 30 2009, 09:29 PM) one thing I forgot to add on the other thread was that.. We shouldnt just limit it to "anime character issues".. I mean.. if someone is REALLY having a problem.. and REALLY needs advice.. they could use an anime character as an alias.. you know.. Im just trying to make sure we appeal to the widest possible audience!
I dont think it would be a good idea at all to mix real people's problems in this. I personally think a disclaimer should be put in saying something like "All letters are assumed to be ficticious and all replies are not real personal advice. We strongly advise against following any replies as real advice". Or something.

It would be disasterious if someone wrote in with a problem one of us thought was a joke as an anime character and we made a witty reply, and really it was someone who couldn't really admit it was them, and took the answer seriously, it could literally cause a real life suicide. Too dangerious.

I believe the witty and obviously joke style method would be the safest and also be the most entertaining option.

Note - I already wrote my first reply in the staff thread.

Yeah... I change my mind.. and I agree with you..
And the disclaimer.. is definitely something we need to put in.. just in case..

Anyways.. as for the other thread.. if Yaya doesn't have a copy.. we might be in trouble.. Theres no way I'd be able to think up anything right now..
These essays have drained me entirely...

This is all my fault, really..
Sorry.. :/..

QUOTE (koiji @ Dec 30 2009, 06:06 PM) Yeah... I change my mind.. and I agree with you..
And the disclaimer.. is definitely something we need to put in.. just in case..
Anyways.. as for the other thread.. if Yaya doesn't have a copy.. we might be in trouble.. Theres no way I'd be able to think up anything right now..
These essays have drained me entirely...
This is all my fault, really..
Sorry.. :/..
Enough already! My work is way too good not have copies...I have re-posted them.
tongue.gif
You can write up the plan as to how you will approach this question/advice answer article.

Jeez, you're a life saver!

Im not really sure what Maiku wants me to do (unless she's thought of something)..
I dont have a lot of free time.. and as it is.. I've gotten a little behind by checking the forums ever 10 minutes..
tongue.gif

But Maiku, in the other thread.. I guess tell me what you'd like me to do & I'll try to get it done.

I'd like to ask once again if there is anyone, perhaps some of our new members, who are interested in the Webzine project?

Right now we need people in every area, so if you into writing, design / layout or even if you dont know but feel like trying something new, then please do let me know, PM or reply here is fine.

We have an issue thats currently stalled at 98% complete, so it would be a nice gentle start to the project for newcomers!

I'd be very interested to work on this further, but due to me being extremely busy in the next few weeks, I won't make any definite promises until I have sth. written.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Apr 16 2010, 05:29 AM) I'd be very interested to work on this further, but due to me being extremely busy in the next few weeks, I won't make any definite promises until I have sth. written.
Kit has suggessted we do summer and winter releases, that way we'll have more time and people wont be as busy with school/work / real life etc. Would that work for you as well ?

If you are still looking for someone to proof read, I would be interested in helping out.
I'm only useful for checking spelling and finding grammatical errors
rolleyes.gif

Occationally, I might be able to write something, or do any random tasks that anyone else might need help with...
If that in any way helps I'm willing to help out!

QUOTE (krinkle22ca @ Apr 23 2010, 12:21 AM) If you are still looking for someone to proof read, I would be interested in helping out.
I'm only useful for checking spelling and finding grammatical errors
rolleyes.gif

Occationally, I might be able to write something, or do any random tasks that anyone else might need help with...
If that in any way helps I'm willing to help out!
Hi krinkle22ca,

Thanks for your interest, do you have anything you have written or edited you can show us? Feel free to send me a PM with it in or a link if you dont want to publish it on here.

You'd be welcome to write things for us as well, what area interests you most for article writing?

QUOTE (Maiku_Ando @ Apr 22 2010, 11:52 AM) Kit has suggessted we do summer and winter releases, that way we'll have more time and people wont be as busy with school/work / real life etc. Would that work for you as well ?
Yeah, that actually sounds like a great idea. It seems like most people can't handle quarterly releases anyway... Last time I wrote sth for the Zine was in summer, so yeah. This summer starts late for me though, I don't get home until mid-June.

Sorry to bother you guys, but Fansub.TV J-Zine 3&5 are offline, fdcupload seems dead from my side.

QUOTE (Bartelbee @ Aug 27 2010, 04:37 AM)Sorry to bother you guys, but Fansub.TV J-Zine 3&5 are offline, fdcupload seems dead from my side.

Hi, I'm aware of the problems with FDC, they keep deleting stuff, I'm going to upload them onto my site later on when I fix a couple of minor things with my stats counter.

Sorry about that.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back