Fall Season 2015 Line-Up and predictions

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council
(OVAs/films coming soon)
- my must see: 1. Owarimonogatari (Special or series? anyway final season) ^^
2. Young Black Jack (prequel of Osamu Tezuka's classic so I have to check it) :0
- hopefully better than other seasons: 3. Owari no Seraph s2 (dat cliffhanger) :/
4. Shinmai Maou no Testament BURST (is it too much to ask s2 uncensored?) ;(
- could be good telling by the studio: 5. One Punch Man (well it's Madhouse) ¬¬
6. Noragami Aragoto (despite Bones or recommendations s1 didn't hook me) -.-
- not expecting much: 7. Lupin III (uh i don't trust in delayed anime lately)
dry.gif

Noo! Noo! Its all going Through the front page!!! Wh- Oh look Noragami, Owarimonogatari, Gochuumon and Shomin Sample, I can't wait!!

What was I talking about...?

I am sooooo going to hate this Fall season...

Even after looking through the entire up to date AniChart list... All I could find is:

1. Noragami *Aragato* S2 (I watched the first one and apart from that annoying Yukine, it was good)
2. Is the Order a Rabbit? S2 (Why? Page 4 animes near the top *Old S1 Post* Why the hell not)
3. Ore ga Ojō-sama Gakkō ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken/Syomin Sample/Shomin Sample (Also why? I honestly found the manga to be hilarious... Seriously and it's because of the trouble the boy has to go through, granted... I did wish, that some of the girls were not *that shaped* no offense >.>)
4. Dance With Devils (Got no idea why, But I am being forced to watch it, due to having to review it...)
5. K: Return of Kings (I actually learned from the first 4 episodes of the first season, to wait till it's done airing and afterwards watch it in a single time, Also no use in looking at S2 if you have not seen the movie, unless you read up, what transpired in the movie somewhere)
6. Owarimonogatari (... I actually have no idea if I will watch this, seeing as I am sort of bored with Monogatari lately)
7. Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen (Apart from this being based on a Visual Novel... I honestly don't trust White Fox studio with it... and that is only based on Akama ga Kill! + there not being an S2 of The Devil Is a Part-Timer! I only trust them with Is the Order a Rabbit? And that's all I can for now).

Version 1.0
OVA/films from high to low preference: 1. Cyborg 009 vs Devilman (hell yes) o0
2. Shokugeki no Souma: Jump Festa special (hopefully it'll continue after s1) xD
3. Overlord Combat Maid Squad Chibi-Chara PurePure Pleiades (more Albedo) ;/
4. Himouto! Umaru-chan OVA (we'll see if this unaired episode beats its final) :3
5. Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei herz! specials (to wait until 3rei is aired) ;o
6. Hibike! Euphonium specials (will they release OVAs about the nationals?) >.<
7. Owari no Seraph: Owaranai Seraph (comedy to compensate gore i guess?) ;p
8. The Sound of Tiger & Bunny (why not s2 or more films instead of concerts!)
sad.gif

I try to watch anime every few seasons and usualy fail but why stop trying now.

Kagewani
Gundam: Tekketsu no Orphans
Subete ga F ni Naru
K Return of Kings
One Punch Man
Shinmai Maou no Testament BURST
Ore ga Ojou-sama Gajjou ni Shomin Sample Toshite Gets Sareta Ken
Tai-Madou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai
Young Black Jack
Kowabon
Diabolik Lovers More, Blood
Noragami
Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu
Cyborg 009 vs Devilman

One Punch Man simply because the Manga is epic, Diabolik Lovers, the first season i though was total garbage but I couldnt stop watching so may as well, Young Black Jack simply because. Rest just seem interesting enough.

Version 2.0
QUOTE (Masich @ Sep 28 2015, 04:23 PM)I am sooooo going to hate this Fall season...
QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Sep 29 2015, 10:10 AM)I try to watch anime every few seasons and usualy fail but why stop trying now.overall there's a more notable lack of interest than previous seasons so i agree, for me this Fall has fewer series i wanna try but I'm expecting some surprises
smile.gif

I'm actually not all that thrilled with this season. Noragami Aragoto and Lupin (kinda) are the only things I'm really excited for this season. I'll definitely be checking out other shows like Owari no Seraph 2, the new Gundam, Shinmaou 2, the new Utawarerumono and some others, but none of those have me really excited. I'm looking forward to Concrete Revolutio, but I'm not entirely sure what to expect out of it so it's hard to be super excited for it.

The season started pretty awful too. First show out of the gates is Lance N' Masques and I made it not quite halfway before I gave up.

Version 3.0
QUOTE (Barbobot @ Oct 02 2015, 12:46 AM)First show out of the gates is Lance N' Masques and I made it not quite halfway before I gave up.watching Young Blackjack instead, also japanese premiere of Lupin yesterday... if the rest of fall series don't convince me, i'll reconsider Noragami or even K
sleep.gif

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Oct 01 2015, 10:46 PM) The season started pretty awful too. First show out of the gates is Lance N' Masques and I made it not quite halfway before I gave up.
I am so glad to not be alone in that. The art irked me, but then the weird White Knight stuff happened and pushed the uncomfortable to the max. At least it wasn't bad 3DCG the way the cover image made it look. With the uncomfortable the series is running, the uncanny valley would have taken everything up to 11.

Aside from that, In lieu of something decent to watch this week like Seraph no Owari Ep 2, I decided to watch ALL TEH BATTLE ACADEMY REHASH PILOTZ~ (They're going to run out of these eventually, right?)

Thoughts:
Asterisk
- High water mark for the battle academy story rehash this season.
- Character designs and animation are up there.
- The reason they're fighting, for corporate sponsorships and commercials, is actually plausible. (As opposed to schools that are fighting to be king of groundhog day because... time repeats itself?)

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry
- Low water mark for the battle academy story rehash this season (Still a few have yet to air)
- Bad character designs and animation.
- The first episode basically amounts to "Hey, dude, we thought we'd be funny and put you in the same bedroom as a spoiled princess to humiliate her because she's the best and you're the worst but you can use the special move 'Effort of SHIBA Tatsuya' and beat her in a duel."

Tai-madou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai
- Hasn't aired yet.
- Character designs are still better than Rakudai kishi no Cavalry.

Am I missing any?

As for shows I'm actually interested in, I'm planning on watching the rest of Owari no Seraph, trying out Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga umatteiru, Heavy Object, and am pretty curious to see the OVA for the Million Arthur Bumrush.

I'll probably glance at Comet Lucifer if only because the cover art looks like a certain hilarious gambling angel.

Aside from that the other stuff I'm interested in requires me to go back and watch first/earlier seasons of shows.

Version 4.0
QUOTE (Norren @ Oct 04 2015, 07:05 PM)In lieu of something decent to watch this week like Seraph no Owari Ep 2, I decided to watch ALL TEH BATTLE ACADEMY REHASH PILOTZ~ (They're going to run out of these eventually, right?)

Thoughts:
Asterisk
- High water mark for the battle academy story rehash this season.
- Character designs and animation are up there.
- The reason they're fighting, for corporate sponsorships and commercials, is actually plausible. (As opposed to schools that are fighting to be king of groundhog day because... time repeats itself?)

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry
- Low water mark for the battle academy story rehash this season (Still a few have yet to air)
- Bad character designs and animation.
- The first episode basically amounts to "Hey, dude, we thought we'd be funny and put you in the same bedroom as a spoiled princess to humiliateyou just forgot to say their main heroines are tsundere, fire sword wielders ;/... by dropping both series I'll continue Seraph, if you wanna post about S1 here
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Oct 04 2015, 06:00 PM) you just forgot to say their main heroines are tsundere, fire sword wielders ;/... by dropping both series I'll continue Seraph, if you wanna post about S1 here
biggrin.gif

I didn't need to say it- the first girl is ALWAYS a tsundere Fire sword user!

Or Tiamat. The dragon mecha themed school one had a Bahamut and Tiamat pairing instead of the usual nonelemental idiot and tsundere honoo no ken.

I don't understand why they keep making them, they all are pretty generic and terrible, but it amuses me for reasons I can't put my finger on. (A friend of mine watches all the zombie movies for similar reasons.)

Comet Lucifer actually seems pretty interesting from Ep 1. Freaky Geass mecha reminds me of Knightmare of Nunnally.

Well the thing is the whole, "Tsundere and the boy" pretty much went way back to the days when the Familiar Zero was out. Pretty much I think that might of started the ongoing trend of a tsundere that is known for the fire affinity and the boy that learns to take it. In Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry it follows that along with the tundere being of royalty as well, which tends to be the selling point here in a sense.
rolleyes.gif

Overall it's not a bad thing, but at the same time it's something to kill time with for now. Still want a second season of Monster Musume though.
laugh.gif

Version 4.5
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Oct 05 2015, 01:30 AM)Well the thing is the whole, "Tsundere and the boy" pretty much went way back to the days when the Familiar Zero was out. Pretty much I think that might of started the ongoing trend of a tsundere that is known for the fire affinity and the boy that learns to take it. In Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry it follows that along with the tundere being of royalty as well, which tends to be the selling pointgood point im a bit tired of this formula, so far i tolerate Asterisk and Testament
btw Zero no Tsukaima was at local theaters, i marathoned s1 in september
happy.gif

So....

ONE PUNCH MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....Just freakin' AWESOME is all.

Makes the rest of the new anime lineup tolerable.

Though I think that I will like the re-telling of UTAWARERUMONO. And I never would have thought that they would make Komari-chan even "bouncier" than she already is in the manga... The kid is only 15 years for crying out loud! Creepy-much? By the way, Age her 10 years and put glasses on her and you get "Lucy" from Servant x Service! Niiice....

Comet Lucifer looks like it has potential. (Though I would have happily-chosen the girl from the bread shop in episode 1 without a moment's hesitation!!!)

Final version
QUOTE (Norren @ Oct 10 2015, 05:43 PM)Asterisk:
Good second episode, solid animation. I think I'm actually going to follow this one through to the end of the season as long as they keep up the art quality. There's places where I'm not sure if they snuck in 3DCG cel shaded puppets or not, because it was done well enough that I'm not sure if it was hand animated, traced, or 3DCG. The next episode preview shot is totally a Miku Miku Dance model, tho'.
QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Oct 05 2015, 11:16 AM)UTAWARERUMONO. And I never would have thought that they would make Komari-chan even "bouncier" than she already is in the manga... The kid is only 15 years for crying out loud! Creepy-much? By the way, Age her 10 years and put glasses on her and you get "Lucy" from Servant x Service!what other series that began in this Fall do you recommend? so far my watchlist

1. Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider
2. Owarimonogatari
3. One-Punch Man
4. Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru
5. Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen
6. Young Black Jack
7. Heavy Object
8. Comet Lucifer
9. Lupin III: L'avventura italiana
10. Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou
*GP: Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Gets Sareta Ken
tongue.gif

QUOTE (franzoir @ Oct 31 2015, 05:40 PM)only interested in rotting in nostalgia. I went to the London showing of Resurrection F. Besides the continuous punking of Gohan's character the film was insanely fun. It brought back the glorious trash-talking so many of these those 90s anime excelled at.Then try its DBS retelling ;p also yes, i follow other ongoing series for nostalgia:

1. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (Sotsugyou-hen winter)
2. GATE Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri (Enryuu-hen winter)
3. Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen
4. Ushio to Tora (S2 2016)
5. Shingeki no Kyojin (S2 2016)
6. Shinmai Maou no Testament BURST
7. Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya (3rei summer)
8. Gakusen Toshi Asterisk (S2 spring)
9. Miss Monochrome: The Animation 3
10. Kyoukai no Rinne (S2 spring)
*Guilty pleasure: Akagami no Shirayuki-hime (S2 winter)
wink.gif

WTF was I doing in 2014...

If anyone has noticed, I have been complaining about how rote, cliche and boring anime has become for quite awhile. There have been some good series in recent years but not enough to say the anime industry is in the throes of a creative flourish. I had all but given up on anime as a unique medium to be honest. The biggest shows to come out in recent memory is Attack on Titan and One Punch Man. For one reason or another, these series didnt resonate with me and I just put it down to age. Instead, I became content relying on nostalgia like Digimon Tri, DB Super etc to get my cheap anime thrills and thus I became part of the problem.

Queue holiday period of 2015, and my friend gave me the boxset of Ping Pong the Animation. I threw it in the corner of a room and didnt think twice about it. After having a really bad hangover from New Year's celebration, I was looking for something to watch until my hangover wore off. I decided to watch Ping Pong the Animation and within about 5 minutes of watching I was gripped. After marathoning straight to episode 10, I became scared to watch the last episode because I didnt want it to end. By the end of episode 11, I became teary eyed (which is rare for me to react to anything like that) and started ruminating on aspects of my life. I remember, this is what anime use to be for me. Things that made me think and feel like only anime/animation could.

I had a quick look online and I saw cursory things about a controversy surrounding the artstyle. To me, the artstyle is perfect and embellishes the themes of the show as a unique experience. When somebody tells me an anime has particularly good animation, I can rarely tell because once upon a time, animation in anime were distinct and varied in artstyles from series to series leaving me with a unique impression. These days, everything looks generic (i.e character designs), almost as if anime has been standardised across the board with the lowest common denominator in mind. Even if a show had good animation, it stopped feeling unique, therefore I stopped looking for good animation in shows and truth be told, didnt care. If a person has a problem with the artstyle of this show, I think they are missing the point of what makes anime/ animation in general a unique medium.

But to go back to the opener... WTF was I doing in 2014 when it was released? Why did I almost miss out on a show that was so perfectly attuned to my sensibilities. And a scarier thought is...what else have I been missing out on because I havent been digging to find those gems. Even after a short time with Ping Pong the Animation, there is no doubt in my head that it is one of the best anime series I have ever watched. All I really want to do is find the time to watch it again...

franzoir said:
... WTF was I doing in 2014 when it was released? Why did I almost miss out on a show that was so perfectly attuned to my sensibilities. And a scarier thought is...what else have I been missing out on because I havent been digging to find those gems.
have been through this at times too :/ Is it a vicious circle, because we're picky by our predisposition to drop many... or other reasons? that's why i keep trying first eps in most, Btw nobody replied your post in GAD so it was moved here -_-

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back