Fairy Tail

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Damn this is worse than disbanding. How could the guild get like that? Sure its seven years ago but still.
At least Bisca is still hot, no maybe even hotter.

Wasnt Twilight Ogre a dark guild once or do I remember that from somewhere else?

But really, Macao the mast is just too evil in so many ways.

@smittles: Cant remember anyone ever saying Acnologia is Zerefs magic.

To be honest I think Hades misconcepted the entire procedure. Much like any other main villain so far, he tried to obtain Zeref for his deeds. Instead, by igniting the whole battle he brought about the thing that might've actually wiped off the Dragons 7 years earlier. Mind that all of the real DS we know mentioned that their Dragons vanished in thin air just like that. Tenrou Island incident anyone?

Here, also another idea comes to my mind.

Zeref says, that in the war which happened 400 years before now, he learned the value of human life. He had also perpetually been mentioning Natsu's name throughout the arc on different occasions and spacing off every now and then. Correct me if I'm wrong, but am I the only one thinking that, perhaps unintentionally, we've been hinted that Natsu might be an reincarnation of a Dragon Slayer from that time, or even the Dragon Slayer himself (maybe partially asleep, like Zeref)? It would make perfect sense, since we know so little about his past before Igneel and Natsu definitely shows the biggest growth and adaptation of all the DS we could see.

The rest of the story with the aspect to Zeref being somehow connected to him might be a bit biased now, but I do believe it could've been something like Natsu having huge influence on Zeref's ideology at that time.
And just IF we acnowledge the fact, that maybe Acnowlogia did not vaporise the island, but instead transported it 'somewhere' we could explain further explain the reasoning why would Zeref recognise Natsu (the latter could've been hit with the same thingy as Tenrou Island and remained in stagnation for 400 years).
I know it's far fetched, but at least some of it does have a deal of good background in the recent events.

QUOTE (qrdel @ Oct 09 2011, 03:59 AM) To be honest I think Hades misconcepted the entire procedure. Much like any other main villain so far, he tried to obtain Zeref for his deeds. Instead, by igniting the whole battle he brought about the thing that might've actually wiped off the Dragons 7 years earlier. Mind that all of the real DS we know mentioned that their Dragons vanished in thin air just like that. Tenrou Island incident anyone?

Here, also another idea comes to my mind.

Zeref says, that in the war which happened 400 years before now, he learned the value of human life. He had also perpetually been mentioning Natsu's name throughout the arc on different occasions and spacing off every now and then. Correct me if I'm wrong, but am I the only one thinking that, perhaps unintentionally, we've been hinted that Natsu might be an reincarnation of a Dragon Slayer from that time, or even the Dragon Slayer himself (maybe partially asleep, like Zeref)? It would make perfect sense, since we know so little about his past before Igneel and Natsu definitely shows the biggest growth and adaptation of all the DS we could see.

The rest of the story with the aspect to Zeref being somehow connected to him might be a bit biased now, but I do believe it could've been something like Natsu having huge influence on Zeref's ideology at that time.
And just IF we acnowledge the fact, that maybe Acnowlogia did not vaporise the island, but instead transported it 'somewhere' we could explain further explain the reasoning why would Zeref recognise Natsu (the latter could've been hit with the same thingy as Tenrou Island and remained in stagnation for 400 years).
I know it's far fetched, but at least some of it does have a deal of good background in the recent events.
Except that we know that Dragons are Alive. we saw Grandine be a total bitch to Igneel after all and it seems more like they are either planning something or waiting for something to happen.

Also I doubt its ackny who transported them. Its most likely Mavis(the girl we saw just before dragon blasted the shit out of the place). Acknologia most likely just blasted the water while Mavis moved the island, Lost style.

(for a note, Mavis is actually a female name, so its a given that the first master is/was a female)

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Oct 09 2011, 03:02 AM)Damn this is worse than disbanding. How could the guild get like that? Sure its seven years ago but still.
Most likely council is watching very closely.

EVEN if the current FT had any sort of power to stand up against them, with no Makarov to stand as reputation-shield for them, Council most likely would take chance to wipe them out completely.

Also, what interests me:

Something is truly wrong with the world now - Twilight OGre set up its HQ in a friggin cathedral - something council we knew would never allow. They also talked about "in this new age", which implies that something changed, but what?

Obviously since we have no old member in contact, nu-FT has no capability to do an explanation(to whom would they explain?) but once we meet at least one FT member, we most likely will learn more about the world.

Frankly I hope time travel is not involved in the transportation of the island. The best course of action would be focus this arc on romeo and the rest of side characters we saw trying to find the island and finding it either empty or only with few members. Cue collect members arc.

With all the discussion, another question has pagued my mind!

Will the FT members that were on Tenrou have aged the 7 years, or will they all look the same as they were before? I hope it isn't some sort of time-distortion, where 7 years in the real world is only a couple of days to the people on Tenrou.

As for the connection between Zeref and Natsu, something along the lines of Natsu is a reincarnate of someone Zeref knew makes most sense. I don't think Natsu has any big secrets in his past before he met Igneel, when you see pictures of Natsu with Igneel he looks about 8 years old. It might just be a case of the previous Natsu who Zeref knew placed his life-force in a baby Natsu and is waiting for the right moment to "awaken" which would explain why Zeref was saying how it wasn't time yet for Natsu to be the one to free him or kill him etc. . just speculations, any other ideas?
smile.gif

@Anybody: I dont think it was Mavis or at least not directly. I think it was Cana. She still had the Fairy Glitter after all. Thinking back about that it makes more sense then Acnologia planning something with them. So he really is evil and maybe a potential enemy.
And I wouldnt be so sure it is a woman just because of the name since from what Ive seen in Anime and Manga there are no male/female names since almost all names can be seen having a male and female person wearing it.
And where did you see a girl before Acnologia gave them fire oO
And how do you know it was Grandine who talked to Igneel back then oO

Im still oppsed to them having aged too. But that probably solely comes because of the fail in One Piece. But if they change lika Bisca did I will welcome it since it means Lucy, Cana, Lisanna, Mirajane and Levy are getting hotter too.

Natsu beeing the reincarnation is the only thing that currently makes sense since you saw how he grew up just the same as everyone else so he cant be 400 years old.

The other thing is, was Zeref in the war back then really the bad one? After all we all know that the winner is writing history. Just because Zeref is a black mage doesnt mean he is evil.

Another big question is, why the hell was he on Tenrou Island?
Or how did he know so much about Acnologia? Could it be that Acnologia trained him like Igneel did with Natsu? But that contradicts what Zeref said about Acnologia thinking humans are bugs. Or maybe he did it because Zeref was special. Or maybe Zeref himself is a dragon.

Damn to much to theorise about ^^

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Oct 09 2011, 04:53 PM) And how do you know it was Grandine who talked to Igneel back then oO

I will talk about it in the anime since it was easier to find than looking through the manga. Episode 48 when Natsu defeats Laxus ontop of the cathedral, just after that there is a scene where Grandine
approaches Igneel in his volcano and complains about Natsu. The passage goes as follows:

Igneel: "Why have you come, Grandeen."
Grandine: "It's been a while"
Igneel: "I though coming here or meddling was forbidden"
Grandine: "That child really goes overboard, I wonder who he takes after. But his luck wont last him forever, he might die."
Igneel: "Get out, do not interfere with the humans. . . etc . . "
What was really interesting was the last sentence before Grandine leaves, she says

"Zeref is. . nevermind, let it be." wonder what she was going to say
ohmy.gif

So we definitely know that it was Grandine and Igneel having the argument.

Too many mysteries need to be ironed out, I just hope the 7 years doesn't ruin what could be a good story.

He said her name? Really? Damn either I didnt get that or I forgot about it already -.-

Wasn't that conversation anime-original? I don't remember it from the manga...

No it was in the manga too but at a completely different position. Which I dont remember.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Oct 09 2011, 04:53 PM) @Anybody: I dont think it was Mavis or at least not directly. I think it was Cana. She still had the Fairy Glitter after all. Thinking back about that it makes more sense then Acnologia planning something with them. So he really is evil and maybe a potential enemy.
And I wouldnt be so sure it is a woman just because of the name since from what Ive seen in Anime and Manga there are no male/female names since almost all names can be seen having a male and female person wearing it.
And where did you see a girl before Acnologia gave them fire oO
And how do you know it was Grandine who talked to Igneel back then oO

Just before Acknologia blasts them to hell we see a female person, standing in the island looking at them praying and closing her eyes.

As for grandine and Igneel, after the first gerard arc(tower), we see a fiery location, Grandine approaches Igneel in form of blob of energy, talks stuff, Igneel goes pissed off at her (you dare to anger, the one and only Igneel?), Grandine backs down a bit and talks on how all of that rests on the slayers and Zeref and promises to meet Igneel again "at draon king feast"

Ahh that girl. I was wondering who she is. But if she really is Mavis im really disappointed.

I can remember the scene with Igneel itself but not that her name was mentioned. Since we didnt know her back then I probably just forgot it again.

So I reread that chapter with Grandine and Igneel and captain obvious says that Zeref may not necessarily be an evil being (I missed the point when I was reading the chapter for the first time) in the first place.

"Let's leave it in the hands of humans... and Zeref." Damn shame on me for not reading chapters thoroughly...

Awesome, didn't see Mavis been the girl. For some reason she looks similar to Meredy who looks similar to Wendy.

Well, i'm sure all those that didn't want the gang to age will be very happy. And the plot of the time skip isn't that bad. (Well since i just finished reading rave and LOVED the timeskip of the grave)

Gonna be awesome now that fairy tail is at full strength, however there is no power ups from the time-skip so fairy tail might have some catching up to do, 7 years of others training should make fairy tail pretty weak...

ALSO!!!! WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THE S-CLASS EXAM. Sorry for the caps but that is what i am most interested in right now. Atm i don't think any of the examinees should get promoted as they are no-where near as strong as Erza and Gildarts... But then again who the hell is stronger than Gildarts.

See, told you they didnt age.

Im really disappointed that that girl is Mavis. Its just so wrong in so many ways.

First thing they will do is kicking the Ogres out again and then head to the council.
I dont think against the Ogres will be a major battle so Im lookinh forward to the next major enemy..

@JC-HoBz: Guildarts already said it that becoming an S-Class Mage isnt just a matter of strength, but a lot more matters alltogether (strength, friendship, determination, morals and so on). But I dont think anyone will get promoted either.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Oct 15 2011, 07:36 AM)
Im really disappointed that that girl is Mavis. Its just so wrong in so many ways.

Mavis is female french name, a bastardized form of Maeve, one of fairy queens in arthurian legends.
General lore dictates that fairies are mostly female.
It would be logical that Fairy Tail was founded by a fairy.
Since she is the opposite of Zeref, having defeated him, it only makes sense for her to be female in opposing male.

Seems quite right in all the possible ways.

Otherwise than that. I will stay silent about this chapter. Because all of my coherent thoughts are along the lines of "**** you, mashima"

Fine it may be historically, mythologically right and such but shes a little girl. So its wrong. Little girls should be useless like in reality and not strong or whatnot.

Despite that my thoughts are more like "Hail to the King, Baby".

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Oct 15 2011, 11:14 AM) Fine it may be historically, mythologically right and such but shes a little girl. So its wrong. Little girls should be useless like in reality and not strong or whatnot.

this is magical little girl. girls of her age usually are blowing up planets, making deals with plushie animals for timeloops or traveling dimensions. Not that surprising.

Also if she is a fairy and not human, that also might mean that thats how she looks when old. And seriously. she is not "little girl" she is the oldest cast member if you do not count Zeref now.

Also, what i find interesting is: WHy did Mavis bring them only now. What is so important about this very moment and why she did not do it earlier.

QUOTE (Anybody @ Oct 15 2011, 02:40 PM) Also, what i find interesting is: WHy did Mavis bring them only now. What is so important about this very moment and why she did not do it earlier.
They were frozen, and the magic didn't dissipate for 7 years. I don't think she could control how long they were frozen for, otherwise she would have only froze them for like a week.

What I forgot in my previous posts:
Do you think Bisca and Alzak really did marry like in the covershot?

Gildarts is a good choice for the next master. Hes not only strong but knows how the world is and lives the Fairy Tail live. But now that it came to that I wonder what Makarov plans to do now. Follow the way Purehito/Hades went to find out what happened to him? That would be my guess at least.

So its finally time for new Dragon Slayers and one of them seems to have been a Fairy Tail member once since he was Gildarts apprentice.
At first I totally thought that these two are Laxus and Zeref. At least until I remembered that Laxus was gone too.

The story about Sabertooth sounds a lot like the story of Fairy Tail since they where noones either until Erza, Gildarts and Mirajane appeared and brought Fairy Tail to what it once was. And they even do the exact same thing Fairy Tail does, dont give a f*ck about the magic council. At least I think its still not allowed that Guilds fight each other even if one of the is a Dark Guild.

But the best thing is defenitely the movie announcement. I just hope the movie will be as great as the last One Piece movie "Strong World". If Hiro Mashima is directing it himself then it definitely will be.

Btw, just who allowed Alzac to marry Bisca? Shes far too hot for him.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back