ef ~a Tale of Melodies~

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
If my opinion on "melodies" was waning in anticipation for some of the awesomeness that I saw in "memories", episode 6 went above and beyond my expectations. From the middle of the episode on I could not believe the level of intensity it got to. I even got goosebumps when during the episode you see those cold dark eyes of Yuuko, and then again after the ED when you see them again, and it's coupled with that demonic "liar". Everything after the ED played was incredible, and the episode's sequence with Yuuko's insane monologue where she kept on going on and on was similar to how it was back in "memories" when Miyako was trying to call Hiro over and over again with no response.

Also, I must commend Yuuko's seiyuu for her incredible job at accurately portraying Yuuko's struggle over the past 10 years, and how she so acutely expressed that Yuu had no idea what he was talking about with "forgetting the past" and stuff like that. In fact, right when he said that, I knew something big was coming, but I never expected it would be this well done.

JCDRANZER JCDRANZER -WE WERE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

OMG! I couldn't help but jump for joy and nearly shad tears when I saw yuko ssy " This is revenge" The only person I could think of was JCDRANZER as great minds think alike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ph34r.gif
I have nothing else to comment about this... Other than it’s a great episode... and im tired so lol i will post a good comment after sleep!
tongue.gif

LOL RamiusX......heheheh great minds do think alike.
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Episode 07 was truly EPIC and now I'm kinda confused........I'm actually wondering if the first season, was it ever mentioned that Yuuko died ??

Because, if that wasn't mentioned.......does that mean Yuuko could still be alive but is in a state ?? Like she went mental and is now in an institution and beign taken care by nurses or is she in a coma, where she can't wake up........or did she end up getting married to Amamiya-sensei...........what ever happened to HER ???
rolleyes.gif

The "Why ?/ WARUM ?" scene was really good and poor Mizuki just left without a word..........Kuze is so incertain about himself that he's hurting poor Mizuki-chan.
wink.gif

Also, at the very end of episode 07 ----> It seems that Amamiya is pulling the strings and it seems Yuuko really doesn't want to hurt Yuu but somehow Amaiya-sensei is blackmailing her in someway or another. Because really if you loved someone, would you really go in that twisted way to hurt them over something that happened which unfortunately caused something terrible to happen.......I think Yuuko knows its not Yuu's fault and is aware of it........I hope she doesn't die.........but I believe she might take her life away in order to protect Yuu from Amamiya-sensei........I REALLY WANT TO KNOW!!!! XDDDDDDDD
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

ohmy.gif
ph34r.gif

What is the general theory of what happened to Yuuko ???
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

I absolutely love this series.....episode 08 will air on the 25th November.
biggrin.gif

at this point im still of the opinion that if this ends in a "happy," way, it will be with Yuuko in an a state like Ayu from Kanon. She's in a coma and astral projecting herself.

as for how she would end up that way, i'd say Yu confronts Amamiya again, but still with no drive to actually kill him. Amamiya intends to make good on his threat to kill him the next time, and yuuko finally kills Amamiya (what he wanted all along) to protect Yu (since she still loves him, despite hating him), though afterwords falls into a coma from shock/wounds, or simply dies.

QUOTE (mamori @ Nov 20 2008, 09:14 AM) at this point im still of the opinion that if this ends in a "happy," way, it will be with Yuuko in an a state like Ayu from Kanon. She's in a coma and astral projecting herself.

as for how she would end up that way, i'd say Yu confronts Amamiya again, but still with no drive to actually kill him.  Amamiya intends to make good on his threat to kill him the next time, and yuuko finally kills Amamiya (what he wanted all along) to protect Yu (since she still loves him, despite hating him), though afterwords falls into a coma from shock/wounds, or simply dies.
I think you have to give the writers of ef - a fairy tale of the two. a little more credit than ripping off one of the most famous eroge plot lines in existence. If watching these anime adaptations are any indication, the stories in ef tend to have very unexpected outcomes, and usually very psychologically charged.

Based on the very end of episode 7 I think Yuu comes back and does kill Amamiya, but Yuuko may interfere and might get hurt in the process, but to suggest she's dead or in a coma is much too cliché, and I have more faith in the original writers to give us something more unexpected (assuming Shaft does a near-faithful adaptation). Maybe Yuuko never was a normal girl, or even if she was, they may not even explain her whole story.

Oh wow we are getting dark and deep!!! I love it.

I am going to go out on a limb and think that Yuuko is going to take her life. I don't know why yet, but I really think this could be a possible outcome. Since she is spoiled I think she feels she can never be true to herself or anybody else. She already has used being bullied to attract attention and has also self inflicted instances to make it seem more severe. Going insane? I do also like that idea and feel they can play that out just as well.

Somewhat pissed at the fansub group atm. While the translations are ok, what they did in latest episode intro was rather uncalled for. As to the story, I am left with the feeling that Yuuko is no longer in this world, be it at her adopted brother's hands or her own, dunno. From what Kuze is saying, it just leads one to think that way. Poor Mizuki. I think she is in for more heart trampling.

Mowerman...me too...I was annoyed with how they presented the lyrics to the OP....put me off.
dry.gif

Anyways, episode 08 was good but was just weird and felt really out of place compared to most of the episodes of the Eternal Feathers series.
wink.gif
I'm really interested in Yuuko......Mizuki-chan is cool but I really want to know what **happened** to Yuuko and also, I didn't really understand why Himura didn't go back to their flat immediately.......Why was he wondering around ??? Why didn't go back to Yuuko ??? Why is he like this ??? Why did he allow Yuuko to become a target of Amamiya again ???
unsure.gif

unsure.gif

unsure.gif

unsure.gif

unsure.gif

blink.gif

I honestly don't want Yuuko to be dead......but from what Kuze says, he makes me feel that she's not dead but could either be married off to someone else or she's mental or she's in a coma that's lasted for many years and Himura is faced with the choice of either to pull the plug off her life support or watch her silently, while she loses her quality of life slowly but surely.
sad.gif

wink.gif

I just REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY need to know what happened to Yuuko!!!!
ohmy.gif

ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif

DAMN.... I just watched the game's epilogue.....
wink.gif

here's a link to the game's epilogue on crunchyrole. DOES contain spoilers
wink.gif

http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-481040/Vi...logue-Game.html

So yeah, looks like Yuuko is indeed dead, though it still ends on happy note with the overarching message being even though things can get crappy, life is still full of happiness, so get your act together already XD.

I'm also really pissed about the opening lyrics. Usually I find that type of stuff amusing, but for a sophisticated series as Ef, it has no place.

Yuuko continues to be my favorite character in the Ef series. She's extremely mysterious. I am very surprised she agreed to run away with Himura. I almost had a heart attack when she was on the cliff. I thought my previous comment of her taking her life was about to happen.

Yeah I am upset that Himura didn't return home immediately. A lot might have been prevented if he did. He seems strong and sure minded until he is provoked about his sister. This seems to be his very venerable spot, which Amamiya knows exactly how to probe. He sure looked like a scumbag on the bridge scene.

Episode 09, watched earlier today, it was pretty messed up and I really felt sympathetic towards Amamiya, when I saw Yu's sketchbook and discovered the expression of his sister's face, he ran off to paint and finish it off once and for all and apparently after succeeding in doing the portrait......he threw his cig onto the floor and set the room alight..he embraced the portrait waiting to meet his sister in the afterlife (I actually hope he does.....he's too pitiful).

When all those things *in the spoiler** happened, I was near tears........it was really heartbreaking in seeing it. I am a big brother too with a little sister but I don't think I can actually care as much as Amamiya (or even Yu for that matter), I am protective of my sister but not too much.......I guess its because both of them don't have parents (I don't think Amamiya has parents but I may be wrong) and only had their sisters until they lost them to the earthquake.
wink.gif

Great series.....I am really really really scared of the ending of this anime......I don't want to get too depresssed.
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif

im just lazy so im putiing everyone in spoilers, not to say there won't be spoilers here
wink.gif

now, im PRETTY sure the game's epilogue had amamiya sensei alive, so if he in fact dies in the anime in the fire, we may be looking at either an alternate ending to the one I saw, or an anime original ending. Furthermore, Mizuki seems to have a connection to Yuuko, and perhaps also to Yu. So we'll see. Yuuko may have a chance yet ^^;;

As an anouncement:
The current episode 10, as of whatever time I posted this, is a trollsub. To quote False Dawn QUOTE This release is not actually a CoalGuys release but someone masquerading as the group in an obvious attempt to sully our good name. Obviously, someone didn't appreciate our method of subbing - in fact, they hated it enough to waste their own time releasing a trollsub (which, in effect, hurts the fans, not really the subgroup). But hey, hope they had fun making it

For those waiting for an ef 10 release, we'll announce it in our IRC channel (#coalguys on rizon) when the real episode 10 is out. Again, sorry for the immaturity of our naysayers.
Just so everyone knows.

Imo, should stop accepting subs from those guys. They obviously crossed the line in 8 and whether this is someone getting back at them for that or not, any sub they release to this site is likely to get bad attention. >.< grrrrr
Oh, and it wasn't me or anyone I know that did the epi 10 screw up. While I didn't appreciate what they did in the intro, to each his own. I just wait for Chihiro releases, as their sub group seems to be a bit more main stream and less likely to pull stunts like epi 8 intro.

Aside the stupid thing they did.....CoalGuys are actually the better subbers than Chihiro in my opinion.
wink.gif

My main concern is whatever sub group has the highest image quality (Size is no issue) If they also have the best translations and fonts that's a plus. If not, I'll look for the best translation group, rip the subs out and add it to the better video to get the best of both worlds
smile.gif
Quality is everything to me.
biggrin.gif

Quality is a secondary issue, if a fansubber thinks they can throw in as many inappropriate things as they please without there being some form of a reprisal from the downloading sites they need to be shown that this is not the kind of behavior that will be accepted so lightly.

QUOTE (Xaevier @ Dec 10 2008, 12:02 AM) Quality is a secondary issue, if a fansubber thinks they can throw in as many inappropriate things as they please without there being some form of a reprisal from the downloading sites they need to be shown that this is not the kind of behavior that will be accepted so lightly.
My point exactly. IMO, most people watching these subs spend less time actually watching the video and more time reading the prompts. Usually I will go through it a second time once I get the jest of the story, so I can see the artwork as well, but completely obliterating the mood of the series with bad or uncalled for prompts really makes me lean towards that agro ex-fansubber who made the video about how bad fansubbing groups are. Reference this Agro Fansub

awww. so it all starts to come together as the past and present are connected, and it seems ef's past story arc has ended with yuuko's death (we're 99.999% sure she's dead). however, I thought it was done very beautifully, and is a nice set-up for the ending where yu and angel-yuuko meet once more (as seen in the end memories) . and i can;t get over how random the miki/kuze scene was, but still all so cute XD.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back