E3 Discussion

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Nightdragon

TSiF-Tearraven
Retired
So what you think about the official set list for Rock Band 2? I think its a nice line-up. Most of the songs are familiar and there are many different decades of songs, just like in the original. Another interesting thing I noticed is that a lot more female vocalized songs will be included in the game as well.

----------------------------------------------

1. AC/DC - Let There Be Rock 1970s
2. AFI - Girl's Gone Grey 2000s
3. Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know 1990s
4. Alice in Chains - Man in the Box 1990s
5. Allman Brothers - Ramblin' Man 1970s
6. Avenged Sevenfold - Almost Easy 2000s
7. Bad Company - Shooting Star 1970s
8. Beastie Boys - So Whatcha Want 1990s
9. Beck - E-Pro 2000s
10. Bikini Kill - Rebel Girl 1990s
11. Billy Idol - White Wedding Pt. I 1980s
12. Blondie - One Way or Another 1970s
13. Bob Dylan - Tangled Up in Blue 1970s
14. Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer 1980s
15. Cheap Trick - Hello There 1970s
16. Devo - Uncontrollable Urge 1980s
17. Dinosaur Jr. - Feel the Pain 1990s
18. Disturbed - Down with the Sickness 2000s
19. Dream Theater - Panic Attack 2000s
20. Duran Duran - Hungry Like the Wolf 1980s
21. Elvis Costello - Pump It Up 1970s
22. Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way 1970s
23. Foo Fighters - Everlong 1990s
24. Guns N' Roses - Shackler's Revenge 2000s
25. Interpol - PDA 2000s
26. Jane's Addiction - Mountain Song 1980s
27. Jethro Tull - Aqualung 1970s
28. Jimmy Eat World - The Middle 2000s
29. Joan Jett - Bad Reputation 1980s
30. Journey - Anyway You Want It 1970s
31. Judas Priest - Painkiller 1990s
32. Kansas - Carry On Wayward Son 1970s
33. L7 - Pretend We're Dead 1990s
34. Lacuna Coil - Our Truth 2000s
35. Linkin Park - One Step Closer 2000s
36. Lit - My Own Worst Enemy 1990s
37. Lush - De-Luxe 1990s
38. Mastodon - Colony of Birchmen 2000s
39. Megadeth - Peace Sells 1980s
40. Metallica - Battery 1980s
41. Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Where'd You Go 1990s
42. Modest Mouse - Float On 2000s
43. Motorhead - Ace of Spades 1980s
44. Nirvana - Drain You 1990s
45. Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky 1960s
46. Panic at the Disco - Nine in the Afternoon 2000s
47. Paramore - That's What You Get 2000s
48. Pearl Jam - Alive 1990s
49. Presidents of the USA - Lump 1990s
50. Rage Against the Machine - Testify 1990s
51. Ratt - Round & Round 1980s
52. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give it Away 1990s
53. Rise Against - Give it All 2000s
54. Rush - The Trees 1970s
55. Silversun Pickups - Lazy Eye 2000s
56. Smashing Pumpkins - Today 1990s
57. Social Distortion - I Was Wrong 1990s
58. Sonic Youth - Teenage Riot 1980s
59. Soundgarden - Spoonman 1990s
60. Squeeze - Cool for Cats 1970s
61. Steely Dan - Bodhitsattya 1970s
62. Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me 1970s
63. Survivor - Eye of the Tiger 1980s
64. System of a Down - Chop Suey 2000s
65. Talking Heads - Psycho Killer 1970s
66. Tenacious D - Master Exploder 2000s
67. Testament - Souls of Black 1990s
68. The Donnas - New Kid in School 2000s
69. The Go-Go's - We Got the Beat 1980s
70. The Grateful Dead - Alabama Getaway 1980s
71. The Guess Who - American Woman 1970s
72. The Muffs - Kids in America 1990s
73. The Offspring - Come Out & Play (Keep 'em Separated) 1990s
74. The Replacements - Alex Chilton 1980s
75. The Who - Pinball Wizard 1960s
Bonus Tracks
76. Abnormality - Visions 2000s
77. Anarchy Club - Get Clean 2000s
78. Bang Camaro - Night Lies 2000s
79. Breaking Wheel - Shoulder to the Plow 2000s
80. The Libyans - Neighborhood 2000s
81. The Main Drag - A Jagged Gorgeous Winter 2000s
82. Speck - Conventional Lover 2000s
83. The Sterns - Supreme Girl 2000s
84. That Handsome Devil - Rob the Prez-O-Dent 2000s

------------------------------------------

The main ones I am looking forward to are...

Let There Be Rock (Its a classic)
Man In The Box (Alice In Chains' vocals are crazy)
Almost Easy (Yes it was on GH3 but the drums are good for the song)
Down With The Sickness (THAT BEGINNING DRUM SOLO plus the vocals)
Anyway You Want It (I just love the song)
Carry On Wayward Son (Love Kansas' vocals)
One Step Closer (Good screaming song)
Peace Sells (Megadeth... nough said)
Ace of Spades (Motorhead's vocals and a classic)
Testify (I just like the song... I don't know why)
Give it All (Rise Against has great songs with great lyrics)
Eye of the Tiger (....need I say anything?)
Chop Suey (For those times when you are on speed and you wanna sing REALLY fast)

Well the Microsoft Conference has just ended so I felt it was a good time to start up a thread for this. Feel free to freak out or discuss any major news of E3. I'll start pointing out my favorite points of Microsoft's Conference.

First of all the top news for me is Final Fantasy XIII announced for Xbox 360. Absolutely amazing news that I was hoping they would announce in the back of my mind, but didn't really think would happen.

Other great news.

-Resident Evil 5 demo looks amazing. Online Co-op looks great and I can't wait to play it. Unfortunately it's still a little ways away, March 13 2009.

-Gears of War 2 demo. One of 360's best games sequel and it looks amazing. Looks to be possible to ride a Brumak. Awesome.

-Guitar Hero World Tour and RockBand 2. Both look great with tons of music. RB2 with a huge catalog and GHWT with music creator. I think I'm leaning towards Guitar Hero though.

-New dashboard for 360. Looks kinda cool, but at first glance I'm not a huge fan. Also avatar's for 360, similar to Miis.

-Other Square-Enix games looks good. I can't wait for Infinite Undiscovery and Last Remnant actually looks pretty cool.

-Netflix partnership with Microsoft expanding their library hugely. Awesomeness.

I'll post again after the Sony and Nintendo conferences for what I consider the biggest points.

QUOTE First of all the top news for me is Final Fantasy XIII announced for Xbox 360. Absolutely amazing news that I was hoping they would announce in the back of my mind, but didn't really think would happen.

I'm still shocked about that, damn happy though don't need to get a PS3 now I was going to wait for a PS3 bundle that came with FF13; so much for that. Wonder if this will be the start of even more exclusives from PS3 going multiplatform, PS3 just got a kick in the nutts. Wonder how that happens to a superior piece of hardware, guess it happened to the N64 back in the day too xD

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Jul 14 2008, 02:26 PM)First of all the top news for me is Final Fantasy XIII announced for Xbox 360. Absolutely amazing news that I was hoping they would announce in the back of my mind, but didn't really think would happen.

I just had a good laugh over that. My lil bro just called made me and asked me to guess what was the biggest news (or at least in his opinion) of E3. After 2 guesses I was like umm ya know it would be easier just to tell me. He was like you don't have to buy a PS3 again, my other one was stolen
sad.gif
So I was like ah so, and why is that? He was like FF XIII on the the Xbox 360! and then hung-up
ohmy.gif
lmao. Nice XD.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Jul 14 2008, 12:26 PM) Well the Microsoft Conference has just ended so I felt it was a good time to start up a thread for this. Feel free to freak out or discuss any major news of E3. I'll start pointing out my favorite points of Microsoft's Conference.

First of all the top news for me is Final Fantasy XIII announced for Xbox 360. Absolutely amazing news that I was hoping they would announce in the back of my mind, but didn't really think would happen.

Other great news.

-Resident Evil 5 demo looks amazing. Online Co-op looks great and I can't wait to play it. Unfortunately it's still a little ways away, March 13 2009.

-Gears of War 2 demo. One of 360's best games sequel and it looks amazing. Looks to be possible to ride a Brumak. Awesome.

-Guitar Hero World Tour and RockBand 2. Both look great with tons of music. RB2 with a huge catalog and GHWT with music creator. I think I'm leaning towards Guitar Hero though.

-New dashboard for 360. Looks kinda cool, but at first glance I'm not a huge fan. Also avatar's for 360, similar to Miis.

-Other Square-Enix games looks good. I can't wait for Infinite Undiscovery and Last Remnant actually looks pretty cool.

-Netflix partnership with Microsoft expanding their library hugely. Awesomeness.

I'll post again after the Sony and Nintendo conferences for what I consider the biggest points.
I wnet WTF when I heard that FFXIII was coming to 360. But I guess it's a good thing in the sense that now I won't have to spend $600 just getting a PS3. But this also means I have to start swinging to 360. Other good thing is because Vesperia is coming 360, it saves me the trouble of having to get all 3 consoles now and really just need 360
smile.gif

Bad news is KH3 will probably come to PS3 and that means I'll be getting the console for one game
sad.gif
maybe Soul Calibur IV but it's still not worth it.

I started thinking that since Final Fantasy XIII is coming to 360, what of FF Versus XIII? Is that still gonna be a PS3 exclusive? I wonder if they will touch on that at all at Square-Enix's booth or Sony's Conference if it is a PS3 exclusive still.

I was wondering if NISAmercia had a booth in E3 (probably soo)...Hope that they announce about an US release of Ar Tonelcio 2 or Mana Khemia 2...

If it's about money... then Square's making a great move here. It's not like the game will be different between consoles... just one says PS3 and one says 360. I'm loving this notion. As far as "FFXIII Vs.", this is the step in the direction of having it totally situated for both as well. They'll just have more money in the long run by doing that. I wonder why Microsoft had the vantage point so far back... I was trying to read and got a migrane. >.<; On any account, I was excited and remain so. Gears of War 2... will be epic... and FFXIII... 360 is slowly becoming the best investment that I've ever made!

I'm more of a card games kinda gamer... but it still excites me to see a good RPG dawn the White and Green.

Pretty sure FF Versus XIII is still PS3 exclusive for now at least. But by the looks of things wouldn't surprise me if it went multi. The PS3 still has a couple RPGs that may stay exclusives, but I guess it's a bit early to tell. But damn has PS3 taken a hit, I'm no fanboy, but this made me laugh

PS3 has some catching up to do. This is what 360 has RPG wise and will have, there's more, but there's more or less no information on games I haven't mentioned unless I'm forgetting some? xD

JRPGs

Lost odyssey (exclusive)
Star ocean 4 (exclusive)
Blue dragon (exclusive)
Eternal sonata (timed exclusive)
Tales of vesperia (exclusive)
Infinite undiscovery (exclusive)
Last remnant (multi-platform)
Enchanted arms (timed exclusive)
Final Fantasy XIII (multi-platform)

Western RPGs

Mass effect (exclusive)
Oblivion (multi-platform)
Fable II (exclusive)
Two worlds (exclusive)
Fallout 3 (multi-platform)

It's a good time to own a 360 if you're an RPG fan like me.

As for FF Versus XIII I think I saw a streaming note today on the bottom of G4 saying it was still exclusive, but I only caught a quick glimpse of it before it disappeared and I never saw it again to confirm.

As for the Nintendo and Sony Conferences........meh.

Nintendo's was rather lackluster. They pretty much revealed nothing for the hardcore gamer. The only thing that got me excited was the new Motion Plus addon that enhances the movement capabilities of the controller and looking at the preview they did with it and Wii Sports Resort (essentially Wii Sports 2), it works extremely well. Hopefully it will be incorporated into a lot of other Wii games. Aside from that there wasn't much of interest. Animal Crossing for Wii was alright, but I'm not a huge fan. Wii Music seemed interesting enough.
-Only other thing I feel worth mentioning is Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for the DS. seems cool that it comes to the DS.

Sony's was alright, but I just didn't have much interest in it since I have neither a PSP or a PS3. There wasn't much revealed that would really make me buy a PS3. Little Big Planet seems extremely interesting and boundless. They used it in an excellent way to show a bit more of the business side of the conference and make it interesting, which I feel says a lot about the game. They showed off some games and features of the PSN and a bit of home. New movies and TV shows available through PSN, though Xbox Live has been doing that for a little while now. Though the reveal of an 80GB PS3 for $399 being their main focus is rather nice.
-As for games God of War III was probably #1 of the conference in my opinion, but I've never really played the games. I played the demo of the first game before it came out and it was really good, but I just never got around to buying the game so I never got into it. I know that a lot of people do love that series so that's big news for them. Then there's also Resisance 2 which seemed nice enough, but I've never played the first Resistance. A few PSP titles looked promising, including a Resistance PSP title and a game called Valkyria Chronicles.
-The most surprising looking game is MAG (Massive Action Game). It's a large scale warfare game involving 8 man squads and up to 256 people playing in the same game and all characters are human controlled. Apparently there is no AI squads involved. Looks pretty crazy.

Unfortunately Metal Gear Solid 4 still remains to be the only game of the PS3 that really makes me want to buy one, but I can't justify spending $400 to play a single game.

Microsoft easily beat out both Sony and Nintendo in the conferences. Microsoft had a nice bombshell with Final Fantasy XIII, which remains the #1 moment of the conferences. Sony showed trailers, but Microsoft did even better by showing live demos of some of their biggest titles, really blowing people away. Also surprisingly enough Killzone 2 was missing from Sony's Conference. All in all rather disappointed with both Sony and Nintendo.

Nintendo, very disappointing seems they're fine with only catering for the casual gamers still. Don't blame them though since WII's selling so easily reguardless of having lack of 'real' software (non gimmicky games). Rather then fork out a heap of cash to produce a quality Zelda game or get some third party developers in it's easier to keep churning out gimmicks since people seem to be fine with buying them.

Seriously loving Microsoft atm considering the amount of great software they've been acquiring, it's all about the games indeed
biggrin.gif

I am really looking forward to the new 360 Dashboard that was introduced. With the new avatar additions and "Party Mode" that has been introduced, it is obviously going to give the 360 another edge in their battle against other consoles. However, I do wonder if Nintendo will attempt some kind of lawsuit in the future over the similarities of the avatars to the Wii's "Mii avatars". The Netflix movie streaming that was introduced seems absolutely great. Here is a (somewhat sucky but sufficient) video of the new dashboard that I found on youtube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fkuKkEFJOWk

As for the Resident Evil 5 Demo Presentation, I was disappointed in many locations. The graphics don't seem as good as I expected and the amount of zombies seem... petite compared to the amounts that I thought there would be. The Online Co-Op feature is impressive but honestly, it looks like its just a little touch of Splinter Cell was added to Resident Evil with the "tag-team" actions that are used to maneuver around obstacles.

The Gears demo seemed, at first, almost equal to the original but with only slightly improved graphic. However, the ability to hold enemy locusts hostage and use them as a shield, then break their necks when you are finished with them is a nice touch. The Hammer of Dawn seems to react faster than in the original Gears (just as a little random thing). Sadly, no preview of the chainsaw battle.

QUOTE (Nightdragon @ Jul 15 2008, 10:05 PM) I am really looking forward to the new 360 Dashboard that was introduced. With the new avatar additions and "Party Mode" that has been introduced, it is obviously going to give the 360 another edge in their battle against other consoles. However, I do wonder if Nintendo will attempt some kind of lawsuit in the future over the similarities of the avatars to the Wii's "Mii avatars".
I seriously doubt any kind of lawsuit. All it is is a human avatar. Nintendo wasn't original when they made the Miis since there were human avatar's in other games and websites too so there wouldn't really be any grounds for a lawsuit. I wasn't impressed by the new dashboard though. I really like the current dashboard and I think I may miss it when it's gone.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Jul 15 2008, 09:24 PM) I seriously doubt any kind of lawsuit. All it is is a human avatar. Nintendo wasn't original when they made the Miis since there were human avatar's in other games and websites too so there wouldn't really be any grounds for a lawsuit. I wasn't impressed by the new dashboard though. I really like the current dashboard and I think I may miss it when it's gone.
I have wondered if they would allow backwards compatibility with the older dashboard. I highly doubt it, but who knows, I am sure someone will find a way.

Also to inject a bit of Anime related news to the E3 discussion, included with the PSN movies and tv shows is stuff from Funimation. When I was watching the Sony Conference, Anime even had it's own category apart from Movies and TV from the looks of it unless I read that wrong. But what's the most interesting is that apparently Bonen no Xamdou is supposed to be posted on PSN. And apparently there is already a trailer for Bonen no Xamdou on PSN available for download.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-...n-video-service

QUOTE (hamzaxxx @ Jul 16 2008, 07:25 PM) So does it mean that Bonen No Xamdou is already licensied??Sorry if my question is out of topic...
I was curious about that as well. As far as I know it's not licensed as the thing with Bonen no Xamdou is more of a deal with Bones instead of Funimation to get it. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Funimation does pick it up before it finishes airing.

Meh from the way things are going this might be the year of the Shooter games, and possibly the rock~n~roll games as well it seems. From what I've he3ard so far and from what I've seen nothing major jumps out at me as of yet at the E3. In any case there may be a few fighting games worth mentioning, but nothing to actually write home about as of yet.

Now if only they could bring over that one fighting game from Japan that was a lot of fun to play I'll be satisfied. Although that day will never come though. *sigh* So much for playing the new installment of the MeltyBlood series.

In any case the only fighting game that they kind of went over about is that new Streetfighter game, and that's pretty much it from what I've seen so far.

Although if someone what's to clairify on what I said in this post, I'll be greatfull on that.

This may have something to do with FFXIII going to 360.
http://kotaku.com/5011016/square-enix-pres...ng-down-the-law

The Sony fan reaction is expected, there would be a similar reaction as to if Gears of War 2 went to the PS3 too. XIII is still exclusive in Japan and right now XIII Versus is still a PS3 exclusive but it would be silly to bring XIII to the 360 and not Versus. The little fanboy voice in me screams at the thought.
rolleyes.gif

Speaking of GOW2, I will be playing it since I did really like part 1 and personally the only reason I would touch a 360 controller.

There weren't really any fighting games mentioned at E3 but I know there are some coming soon:

Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe (looking impressive)
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36595.htm If you look to the left of the screen, you can actually see a Scorpion to Batman fatality!
Soul Caliber IV
Naruto : Ultimate Ninja Storm (PSN demo premiere is today)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (download)
Tekken 6
Ragdoll Kung Fu : Fists of plastic (creators of LittleBigPlanet) A brief video at E3 was shown.
King of Fighters : Maximum Impact 3

I noticed a lot more multi platform games but Microsoft is buying more exclusives while Sony is open invitation to exclusives.

Nintendo definitely had the worst conference.
Microsoft did shock and upset Sony fans this year.
Sony had the best mixture.

I also mentioned about Xamdou here http://boards.fansub.tv/?showtopic=7284

QUOTE (XDie-Sama @ Jul 17 2008, 11:39 AM) Nintendo definitely had the worst conference.
That's because Nintendo is keeping a lot of secrets. My big surprise is WHY HASN'T NINTENDO USA ANNOUNCED SYMPHONIA!!!

I WANT SOME PROGRESS!

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back