Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III & Gaiden: Sword Oratoria

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (DanMachi)
Japanese: ダンジョンに出会いを求めるのは間違っているだろうか FAMILIA MYTH (ダンまち)
Airing date: 3/4/2015 (TV series)
Genres: Fantasy, Adventure, Action, Comedy, Romance
Original creator: Fujino Ōmori
Original character designer: Suzuhito Yasuda
Director: Yoshiki Yamakawa
Written by: Hideki Shirane
Music by: Keiji Inai
Character designer: Shigeki Kimoto
Art director: Toshiharu Mizutani (Moon Flower)
Sound director: Jin Aketagawa
Director of Photography: Shingo Fukuyo
Color design by: Tomomi Andō
Studio: J.C.Staff
Produced by: GENCO
Network: Tokyo MX, KBS, TVA, SUN, BS11, AT-X
Opening theme: "Hey World" by Yuka Iguchi
Ending theme: "RIGHT LIGHT RISE" by Kanon Wakeshima

Hestia Familia: Bell Cranel (ベル・クラネル) voiced by Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
Hestia (ヘスティア)http://danmachi.com/images/character-popup-data-hestia.png voiced by Inori Minase

Loki Familia: Aiz Wallenstein (アイズ・ヴァレンシュタイン) voiced by Saori Ōnishi
Loki (ロキ)http://danmachi.com/images/character-popup-data-loki.png voiced by Yurika Kubo
Bete Loga (ベート・ローガ)http://danmachi.com/images/character-popup-data-bete.png voiced by Nobuhiko Okamoto
Soma Familia: Liliruca Arde (リリルカ・アーデ)http://danmachi.com/images/character-popup-data-liliruca.png voiced by Maaya Uchida

Freya Familia: Freya (フレイヤ)http://danmachi.com/images/character-popup-data-freya.png voiced by Yōko Hikasa
Guild: Eina Chūru (エイナ・チュール)http://danmachi.com/images/character-popup-data-eina.png voiced by Haruka Tomatsu
The Benevolent Mistress: Syr Flover (シル・フローヴァ)http://danmachi.com/images/character-popup-data-syr.png voiced by Shizuka Ishigami
Ryū Lion (リュー・リオン)http://danmachi.com/images/character-popup-data-ryu.png voiced by Saori Hayami
Supporting cast: Mia Grand (ミア・グランド)
Anya Runoa (アニァー•ルノア)
Miya Kuroe (ミャー•クロエ)

Loki Familia: Riveria Ljos Alf (リヴェリア・リヨス・アールヴ)
Lefiya Viridis (レフィーヤ・ウィリディス)
Tiona Hiryute (ティオナ・ヒリュテ)
Tione Hiryute (ティオネ・ヒリュテ)
Gareth Landrock (ガレス・ランドロック)

Guild: Misha (ミィシャ)
Miach Familia: Miach (ミアハ)
Naza Ersuisu (ナァーザ•エリスイス)

Other gods: Soma (ソーマ)
Hephaistos (ヘファイストス)
Demeter (デメテル)
Ganesha

TV series PVs:
Official website:

Synopsis: Commonly known as the "Dungeon," the city of Orario possesses a huge labyrinth in the underground. Its strange name attracts excitement, illusions of honor, and hopes of romance with a pretty girl. In this city of dreams and desires, new adventurer Bell Cranel has his fateful encounter with the tiny Goddess Hestia. Thus begins the story of a boy striving to become the best adventurer and a lonely goddess searching for followers both hoping to reach their goals and perhaps have some romance on the side.

QUOTE (Klyern @ Jan 27 2015, 08:10 PM)because i've asked myself the title question time and time again, a friend of mine met his wife in an online game so i've always thought that was the coolest way of meeting someonenow as I saw ep.1 i'll stick with it, i hope it'll be more than a gory RPG harem
tongue.gif

Is it wrong to expect a fated meeting in a dungeon? i think all gamers wonder sometimes
tongue.gif

And it begins, the sacrifice/bell is ready.

QUOTE (Masich @ Apr 05 2015, 06:34 AM)I'll stick to it as well, I find Hestia hilarious with her reactions.
What's not to LOVE about Hestia?

HOT: CHECK
Loli, but DEFINTELY NOT jail-bait: CHECK
Semi-Chibi: CHECK
HUGE BOOBS: CHECK
Actual CURVES - Not just BOOBS ON A STICK: Check & MATE
Not consciously-aware of just HOW cute she is: CHECK (Though she DOES intentionally torment the boy often.)
Twin-tails: CHECK (And Brunette to boot! Big-breasted twin-tail Blondes are way over-done lately in my opinion.)
Fights with Loki: CHECK (And how she always ultimately wins is both SAD and EPIC!)
Lazy by nature, but tries hard: CHECK
Devoted, but not to the point of being "psycho": CHECK Though she IS jealous!
Almost motherly, but not "matronly": CHECK
Border-line Horny, but not to the point of Nymphomania: CHECK

Yeah, I can say that I would have NO complaints about those qualities in my familia's Goddess.

Oh, and Aiz Wallenstein to me is a close "cousin" to Mashiro Shiina from The Pet Girl of Sakurasou!

How sad is it that I want to pat her on the head and tell her that she is a "GOOD GIRL"?!?!?

QUOTE (Klyern @ Apr 04 2015, 04:09 PM)it begins, the sacrifice/bell is ready.
QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Apr 05 2015, 10:28 PM)I can say that I would have NO complaints about those qualities in my familia's Goddess.adorable indeed yet merciless with the flat tomboy Loki, unlike Hephaestos and Freya who're even to Hestia's bust in ep.2... now that she's in Monsterphillia (it sounds wrong xD), I guess Bell will get her new knife in the most critical time
wink.gif

Just saw the first episode and i can't believe im saying this, but the animation is too good lol, i've seen the manga since a while back and it was epic mostly because it wasn't so realistic and the super deformed versions of the characters were just perfect, but im not getting the same vibe from this one, it took the realistic route.

Well like i said its still good, so I'm not complaining about it (too much)

QUOTE (Klyern @ Apr 14 2015, 04:36 PM)Just saw the first episode and i can't believe im saying this, but the animation is too good lol, i've seen the manga since a while back and it was epic mostly because it wasn't so realistic and the super deformed versions of the characters were just perfect, but im not getting the same vibe from this one, it took the realistic route.

Well like i said its still good, so I'm not complaining about it (too muchdo you mean this adaptation is better than you expected, or not because of the realism? ;p I think ep.3 battle was cool... as this time Shiina Aiz didn't help Bell wasn't so predictable, he managed to save his loli deity and will meet Lili next
smile.gif

After having seen Episode 3... I can't be the only one on this following comment...
For God Sake!! Couldn't you give him that knife earlier?! I was almost at the point of breaking
something during all those useless flashbacks/speeches/words/comments from Bell ><QUOTE This particular episode had an outstanding performance of MC development.
QUOTE Reason for the delay of the knife was because she wasnt sure of him being compatible with itGive me a bloody break!!! (btw, these quotes are from other forum sites against my original reply above).

Still in the end... one and a half episode to take down a monkey... Please tell me the next part with Liliruca will be a better one?

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Apr 17 2015, 04:00 PM) do you mean this adaptation is better than you expected, or not because of the realism? ;p I think ep.3 battle was cool... as this time Shiina Aiz didn't help Bell wasn't so predictable, he managed to save his loli deity and will meet Lili next
smile.gif

Its good but the manga style is better in my opinion, the super deformed characters from the manga and the manga style feels like it fits the whole romantic/cute/humorous vibe that the work has (still have to check which one feels more "dangerous" but so far the manga wins on that veredict too).

The animation is good it just feels like the style is different than i'd expect.

QUOTE (Klyern @ Apr 17 2015, 03:46 PM)Its good but the manga style is better in my opinion, the super deformed characters from the manga and the manga style feels like it fits the whole romantic/cute/humorous vibe that the work has (still have to check which one feels more "dangerous" but so far the manga wins on that veredict too).

The animation is good it just feels like the style is different than i'd expect.
Okay, so Loli-Mega-Mune-ness aside,

I really enjoyed this 3rd episode. I can understand that the establishng of the sacrifices that brought them to current day are intended to give "weight" to the knife acquisition event, rather than "One day you wake up and a girl gives you a shortened version of EXCALIBUR..." There was love, trust, and sacrifice that went into Bell receiving a "One of a kind in the WORLD" weapon. Not just a super-expensive "Hephaestus special" with extra sharpness or durability.

Shiina-tan got to witness her rescue-ee stepping-up and saving the day. Better yet, without his even knowing.
ph34r.gif
So now he's on her radar if for no other reason but as a curiosity. But I think he gets serious props for being a LEVEL 3 character and taking down a level 8 monster whos stats shouldn't even be viewable for him if this were SAO or an episode of the Manwha "The Gamer" (GREAT MANWHA!!!) <sp?>

1st establishing story arc comes to a close. The core characters have been introduced and background expositions begun. Now we start the expansion of the main character pool. Can't wait! Loving this anime adaption on it's own merit, but the MANGA is fun too. Each for different reasons. For those who read CLASSIC Sci-Fi, to me this is like Heinline's "The Puppet Masters" novel vs the movie. Both were enjoyable but almost completely different stories sharing only the main characters and the 'universe" in which they are set. (Or of course difference between the "Starship Troopers" novels and the movies which had almost NO similarities beyond title and setting....)

So enough seriousness. Im not usually so dry in my write-ups, so true to form: MEGA-MUNE-LOLI-LUSCIOUSNESS BANZAI! BANZAI!! BANZAI!!!
laugh.gif

Ken N.

I was wondering when this thread will be made. All I can say is one thing, and that's "Dat Teeth Brushing Part OP" there.

Other then that I guess having a Busty Loli Goddess is now a popular idea here. Pretty much it being the best of both worlds for some I take it.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Masich @ Apr 17 2015, 04:04 PM)Please tell me the next part with Liliruca will be a better one?
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Apr 18 2015, 01:21 PM)All I can say is one thing, and that's "Dat Teeth Brushing Part OP"sadly studio Shaft didn't 'Nisemonogatari it' instead of JC Staff, by thinking how long she hesitates to give his knife... is it ok if we call her Hesitia ¬¬ or Hottest Loli? anyway, after Eina's date and Loliruca joins him i must say ep'4 is better
smile.gif

I wasn't to impressed with this series after the first episodes. The story itself felt not too new: a hero which wants to fight in a dungeon to get treasure and grown into a guy to pick up girls. Still it was okay but now it actually started to become better. He gets a supporter which actually just wants to steal his knife. Of course she ain't so bad..more like it was mentioned that the whole familia seems desperate for money. I don't think she has given up on stealing his knife. What she fails to see though that the knife only seems to work with Bell. Fun to see how that will go..
I wonder why the name of the smith of the armor was mentioned...is he something special? Or a new member of Bell's group?

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Apr 25 2015, 03:14 PM)I wasn't to impressed with this series after the first episodes. The story itself felt not too new: a hero which wants to fight in a dungeon to get treasure and grown into a guy to pick up girls. Still it was okay but now it actually started to become better. He gets a supporter which actually just wants to steal his knife. Of course she ain't so bad..more like it was mentioned that the whole familia seems desperate for money. I don't think she has given up on stealing his knife. What she fails to see though that the knife only seems to work with Bell. Fun to see how that will g
my thoughts semi'exactly because, now that prum chienthrope works for a kind adventurer she'll change for better... enough for bell to take a lot of money and date Hesitia in ep'5, to the point of learning magic (mandatory thermae FTW!)
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ May 01 2015, 12:14 PM) my thoughts semi'exactly because, now that prum chienthrope works for a kind adventurer she'll change for better... enough for bell to take a lot of money and date Hesitia in ep'5, to the point of learning magic (mandatory thermae FTW!)
biggrin.gif

Hestia ("CHESTia") + Hair down = WIN Good lord she's cute!

See, now I'm going to have to go and Google PRUM to figure out what the heck everyone is talking about... I guess it's a trope I've just never encountered before?

And Necro, your SIG GIFs? FAN - FRIGGIN' - TASTIC

Takeo - He's A MAN!
biggrin.gif

So it is as expected: Liliruca is going to steal his knife again. She sure is desperate to have money. Also she does have a special magic weapon. Bell must be careful although he does have a better chance with his new found magic (if he is smart enough to understand he can't keep using it). About that book of magic: in the previous episode we saw Freya take it from her bookcase and remarking Bell needs to get more power..so she left it at the tavern with somehow manipulating/knowing Bell would get it. Does Syr have a connection with Freya??
What is wrong with the Soma family? They worship wine...the reaction to the wine in the store seems to suggest that there is something special with the Soma wine. As the family wants more money it feels like they are addicted or something. However Liliruca doesn't seem like an addict. And the remark of her saving money give off a feeling like she is desperate to have money to buy something very expensive. Expensive wine?

I so wish this series was not playing in Arcs or something... And seriously hope that the next episode will be the last episode with the whole Liliruca shadowy background... Just give up!, let him/others help! and join Hestia Familia already!

On the otherhand, it was Hilarious to see those comments in episode 5 against Hestia from the other godesses xD.

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ May 01 2015, 06:01 PM)Takeo - He's A MAN!
biggrin.gif
thanx for your idea ^^ I had to update from Snow Couple, to Moe Duo because Yamato's cuteness x Takeo on fire xD... back to topic Shiinaiz's care for Bell felt more motherly, like his big sister compared to Chestia's romantic relationship
tongue.gif

All I can say is Bell-kun tries to repay Hestia this episode, but in the end gets mobbed by the other deities since they wanted to know who she had the hots for.
tongue.gif

On the up side it seems that reading a grimorie helped him learn a basic magic spell here. Although it seems like overusing it ended up knocking him out cold. Although at least ne now knows that there's a limit to using magic though. Although on the up side the girl he has the hots for ended up letting him user her lap for a pillow for a bit.
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back