Doujin Work

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Juhachi

-Key Master にははっ~
Sempai
topkeyresizeni2.jpg

Caption: Welcome to the doujin world.
Title: Doujin Work (Official website)
Kana: ドージンワーク
Original creator: Hiroyuki (link to his website)
Premiere date: July 2007
Synopsis:
Doujin Work follows the life of a young girl named Najimi Osana and her exposure into the dōjin world. She was first tempted into becoming a doujin artist after seeing how much one of her friends can make at a convention. Najimi loves to draw, though soon learns contrary to what she expected that this new world is anything but easy. As she attends more conventions and meets more people, Najimi eventually manages to find a group of very interesting friends. These friends already have some experience in the field and help her out along the way so that she can someday make a name for herself creating doujinshi.

Three manga for the series have been released so far:

Those who are familiar with Hiroyuki should know that he is well-known for creating doujins for the Type-Moon games Tsukihime and Fate/stay night. The subtitle to this thread, "A cat is fine too...", comes from one of his doujins on Tsukihime and is one of the many memes (Internet phenomenon) that have started due to his work. Here's the scan from the doujin which sparked the meme:

Summary: “Doujinwork is a story about the main character’s exposure and adventure into the world of doujinshi. We follow Osana Najimi, a high schooler tempted into becoming a doujin artist after seeing how much her friend can make at a convention. A sucker at drawing, Najimi soon learns that the road inside the doujin world is not paved with roses as she expected, but, as she attends more conventions and meets more people, manages to find a group of very interesting friends.” - (taken from Cardcaptor’s Blog)

From WIKI (I bet this is Juhachi's work
laugh.gif
): -

The Dōjin Work anime series, is produced by the animation studio Remic and will begin airing in Japan in July 2007. The series is directed by Kenichi Yatani.[1] The anime will feature a live-action segment towards the end of each episode in which the voice actors try to create their own dōjinshi.

Thoughts: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm is all I can think of this anime....actually I think there's another anime this year that will come out which is also about doujin, mangakas...blah blah. Its called "Tetsuko no Tabi" and there's already a thread for this made by my friend, DSL and I think this will be better than this anime.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Juhachi @ Jun 04 2007, 10:52 AM) Thanks for the more in depth summary; I was kind of unsure what this series was about so I kept it kind of vague.
tongue.gif

Ahhhh.............Juhachi....did you just edit the synopsis...I swear you wrote something different before.
wacko.gif

Yeah, it was different and went something like this: -

"Dōjin Work follows the life of a young girl named Najimi Osana who is about to make her debut into the dōjin world. Friends of hers that already have some experience in the field help her out along the way so that she can someday make a name for herself creating dōjinshi."

tongue.gif

More WIKI info (Juhachi is this your work or someone else's
unsure.gif
): -

Dōjin Work (ドージンワーク, Dōjin Wāku?) is a Japanese four-panel comic strip written and illustrated by Japanese manga author Hiroyuki. The story revolves around a young girl named Najimi Osana who is about to make her debut into the dōjin creation world with the help of her experienced friends. Aspects of what it is like to be a dōjin artist are common themes throughout the story. The manga was first serialized in the Japanese seinen manga magazine Manga Time Kirara Carat on November 28, 2004, published by Houbunsha. Since then, the manga has also been serialized in two other magazines published by the same company named Maga Time Kirara and Manga Time Kirara Forward. An anime adaptation will begin airing on the Chiba TV television network in Japan in July 2007.

Characters: -

Najimi Osana (長菜なじみ, Osana Najimi?) Voiced by: Masumi Asano
Tsuyuri (露理, Tsuyuri?) Voiced by: Momoko Saitō
Justice (ジャスティス, Jasutisu?) Voiced by: Hiroki Yasumoto
Sōra Kitano (ジャスティス, Kitano Sōra?) Voiced by: Kimiko Koyama
Junichirō Hoshi (星純一郎, Hoshi Junichirō?) Voiced by: Kazutoshi Hatano
Kaneru Nidō (二道かねる, Nidō Kaneru?) Voiced by: Ito Sakata
Ryūichirō Hoshi (星龍一郎, Hoshi Ryūichirō?) Voiced by:
blink.gif
??????
blink.gif

wow this anime sure sounds a lot like comic party, hope this anime is just as funny as good.

*sigh*, there goes another addition to my long list of anime to catch up and watch. >-<!!!

I almost thought that it's our Hiroyuki-dono that we have here! >_<
So,it's Gogi Power Hiroyuki eh?
tongue.gif
In his verse,Shiki and Shirou are two hell of perverts,more than that,lolicons.(victims:Ren,Miyako,and Illya.)

His doujinshis usually a bit perverse,wonder if this manga a clean one or got a bit ecchi.
rolleyes.gif

@blckdemondrgn-sempai--->I even have already stalled a few animes to give my HDD a bit more space!This new season of animes is scary,isn't it...? >_<

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jun 04 2007, 04:49 AM) Ahhhh.............Juhachi....did you just edit the synopsis...I swear you wrote something different before.
wacko.gif

Yeah, I took your summary from the Cardcaptors blog and put it into the first post so anyone who didn't know about the series wouldn't have to go through the thread to find more info; and yes I started the wiki page as you already full well know.
laugh.gif

man, starting July im really goign to have to make more time for anime XD

QUOTE (Juhachi @ Jun 05 2007, 01:24 AM) Yeah, I took your summary from the Cardcaptors blog and put it into the first post so anyone who didn't know about the series wouldn't have to go through the thread to find more info; and yes I started the wiki page as you already full well know.
laugh.gif

Ah souka, Juhachi. Yeah, ur WIKI pages are always reliable.
biggrin.gif

Juhachi or anyone else, know where I get the scanlations for the Doujin Work manga ?

Ah yes, "A cat is fine too...", that was hilarious, also the "JAM IT IN" meme that Hiroyuki did also......Juhachi, are you able to get that page with the "JAM IT IN" meme and like post a thumbnail please.

Also ppl, you gotta read Hiroyuki's doujin "That's Why I Assult Ren"......its sooooo funny!! XD
laugh.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jun 05 2007, 12:41 AM) Ah yes, "A cat is fine too...", that was hilarious, also the "JAM IT IN" meme that Hiroyuki did also......Juhachi, are you able to get that page with the "JAM IT IN" meme and like post a thumbnail please.
In black/white and color:

As for manga scans, here's the info at mangaupdates but the group has only released the first two chapters (plus chapter 0).

Here's the link to download chapters 0-2.

QUOTE (Juhachi @ Jun 05 2007, 09:38 AM) In black/white and color:

As for manga scans, here's the info at mangaupdates but the group has only released the first two chapters (plus chapter 0).

Here's the link to download chapters 0-2.
Thanx Juhachi for putting the page up and thanx for the megaupload link....I shall read them and I'll come back one day saying what I think..lolz!! XD
biggrin.gif

Ah the "JAM IT IN" meme......was hilarious when I first read it!! >.< Damn Rin........soooo perverted!! FSN Doujins are literally one the of the best out there.....ahhhhh, remember Chibi Saber. Yes, you can get all these doujins at the Animal-Land site (can't remember the web address.....its got a much larger collection of Type-Moon doujin than Beast's Lair....I think...*moi's* memory is getting worse).

QUOTE (99FoxDemon @ Jun 11 2007, 04:42 PM) here i got some trailer for doujin work...
but nothing much we can get the picture there...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1oh8d_doujin-work-trailer
Thanx 99FoxDemon for sharing that clip....that's the first time I saw the Doujin Work trailer and the music playing was really good...not much moving animation....it looked more like an old visual novel's OP.
wink.gif
Ah well, after hearing the BGM..........I'm really looking forward to this series.
biggrin.gif

Some screenshots of this upcoming anime series: -

http://www.famitsu.com/anime/news/2007/06/...,0.html?ref=rss

Sorry for being the bearer of bad news....I known this for a while but I didn't really wanna mention it in the forums, so that we could at least find out who the subbers will be, when it starts getting subbed and released by various fansub groups and then mention it. Anyways, this is the reason: -

IMPORTANT:
Although Doujin Work is not yet licensed, it is produced by Media Factory Inc. Works (MFI). Therefore, the following kind of posts are not allowed:
* Requesting or asking where you can download Doujin Work either torrent or direct download. This included translated version (English or in any other language) and RAW episodes.
* Giving any direct download link, torrent link, or website link to download Doujin Work. This included translated version (English or in any other language) and RAW episodes.
* Stating or requesting/giving link to any Doujin Work fansubs group (either past, present, or future)

Please see the legal explanation of Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works from animesuki for more details.

Although, it is very strict, but we do not want our website, Fansub.TV, to be involved in legality issue. Therefore, we will treat all MFI works like a licensed series. But don't worry, you still allowed to discussing about the anime, since it is the main purpose of this thread.

I thought the first episode of Doujin Work was hilarious. The scene on the bus was hilarious with the "masturbation" talk and everyone else on the train listening.
laugh.gif
Then the train conductor announces "Yurigaoka" and Najimi yells "It's not yuri!" Hilarious. Then just the fact that a young girl like Tsuyuri draws rape manga named Mandatory Bloomers. I couldn't stop thinking how funny that was through the rest of the episode. It's a shame that it's only 15 minutes though.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Jul 10 2007, 03:50 PM) I thought the first episode of Doujin Work was hilarious. The scene on the bus was hilarious with the "masturbation" talk and everyone else on the train listening.
laugh.gif
Then the train conductor announces "Yurigaoka" and Najimi yells "It's not yuri!" Hilarious. Then just the fact that a young girl like Tsuyuri draws rape manga named Mandatory Bloomers. I couldn't stop thinking how funny that was through the rest of the episode. It's a shame that it's only 15 minutes though.
B-dono......WTF!!!!!!!!
ohmy.gif
Its only 15 minutes....why ???
mad.gif
Ah well, you can't expect the world to be perfect.
wink.gif

B-dono, even though the episode was like only 15 minutes..did you think it was good in terms of *time*...did it feel too short..I know you know its short but when watching it...did it feel that it offered a satisfactory amount of material in such a short episode.
wink.gif

Ah well, its meant to be 14 minutes actually and there will be only 12 episodes. I can see why as the manga is still on-going but only 3 volumes have been released in Japan since November of 2004....slow. Anyways, only Chapters 0 to 4 have been scanlated so far by BLAH Scanlations. I don't think the manga is licensed yet.

Opening Theme: "I~jan! Yuujou" by MAKI
Ending Theme: "Yumemiru Otome" by Mai Mizuhashi

Ahhhh...I think its already been stated but I'll just put it up again: -

"The anime will feature a live-action segment towards the end of each episode in which voice actors Kimiko Koyama and Momoko Saito try to create their own dōjinshi. Should they fail to do so, the two are to pose in embarassing costumes as a way of apologizing to the fans."

(~taken from WIKI~)

I'm looking forward to this......ECCHI!! XD
laugh.gif

Oh wow, that's why it seemed kind of short. I just checked and sure enough the first episode is only 14 minutes long, a full 10 minutes short of what is normal...

I thought the comedy was good, even though it was cut short. Najimi is funny, but her friend Tsuyuri is much funnier IMO.

QUOTE (Juhachi @ Jul 10 2007, 07:05 PM) Oh wow, that's why it seemed kind of short. I just checked and sure enough the first episode is only 14 minutes long, a full 10 minutes short of what is normal...

I thought the comedy was good, even though it was cut short. Najimi is funny, but her friend Tsuyuri is much funnier IMO.
I think both Justice and Tsuyuri are superior than Najimi
rolleyes.gif
,but that's IMO.
wink.gif

But really,this show is still reeks of ecchiness of the mangaka.
tongue.gif
"J-JAM IT IN!" gag is still fresh in my memory and we can't never sever the connection between the gag and Hiroyuki forever.
tongue.gif

Though it's slighly dissapointing that the epic expressions by Hiroyuki failed to be fully materiaised in the anime version..
sad.gif

I just saw the first episode, which was just GUREITTO!! XD
biggrin.gif

It was just plain hilarious.
laugh.gif

Even though the episode was about 14 minutes (actually 1 second less than 14 minutes ---> 13:59)....the episode felt "whole" and it didn't feel too short.
rolleyes.gif

Hmmm no one mentioning Sora in the equation.
wink.gif

Yeah, I thought Tsuyuri and Justice were funny but I just found Najimi to be more funny to me than the others...hehehe my view on it is the complete opposite of both Juhachi's and D-san's.
rolleyes.gif

Kaneru-chan is KAWAII....hehehe what a klutz.
laugh.gif

The seiyuu's for the main characters seem to be quite new or just "not-used-very-often"....only Najimi's seiyuu, who's Masumi Asano...who's also the seiyuu for Mariya of the OtoBoku anime.

As the manga is not licensed....you can get the scanlations..that only gone up to chapter 4 as of now...here's a DDL link: -

http://www.blahsoft.com/?page_id=16

Justice really really likes Najimi..

theres a hint of a onesided romance in this anime as well... justice is all for Najimi.. lol

episode 3's preg joke was funny.... and when Najimi almost had a date near the end... lol Justice appears to ruin the day.. lol

hes definatly one cool character. able to make massive dents in walls,etc and hes overly obessed with Najimi..

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back