Does ANIMES causes ADDICTION???

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
yes, it is! I watched School Rumble in one weeked! the 52 episodes!

well i am addicated to reading unbalance x unbalance i read all chapter with in 2 days

well, we all like anime here. But I don't think that it causes addiction. When people want to watch shows, they always want to watch the next episode. Cliffhangers. That goes for any show. At least it should be cause an episode should be designed to make a person want to watch the next episode. Anime in particular I'd say is just a medium to get away from the real world. Watching any TV show is the same. You get absorbed into another person's life and feel their pain, sorrow, joy, love. Just like a game.

I don't think that anime causes addiction but I have noticed that otakus do have some very funky habits, though. They're not normal. Really wierd... I can't explain it. My otaku buddies are just... nevermind.

It may cause a sort of Internet/forum addiction for people with weak psyche, I guess. Inherently, though, I don't see it having a significant "addictive" effect beyond that seen in little kids who like to watch too much TV, except in older people who somehow failed to get over that. There's distinct choice, and if people think they're watching too much anime "against their will", then it's probably something they'd want to get taken care of
tongue.gif

I don't think anima corse's addiction its just that its so good once seen a good one want to see more lol,

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Feb 13 2010, 02:10 AM) It may cause a sort of Internet/forum addiction for people with weak psyche, I guess. Inherently, though, I don't see it having a significant "addictive" effect beyond that seen in little kids who like to watch too much TV, except in older people who somehow failed to get over that. There's distinct choice, and if people think they're watching too much anime "against their will", then it's probably something they'd want to get taken care of
tongue.gif

There is truth in that. People who have the tendency to become dependant on something eventually will become dependant, be it anime, alcohol, drugs, pc games or something else.

It's like another form of escapism. Giving one the illusion of fleeing to a private world where the rules of normal society are skewed. This inner darkness can be all-consuming. Some may not leave unscathed. Others manage to suppress it to certain avail -- "closet otaku" if you will. Whatever the case, in the darkness can one discover innocence; answers to the desire for inter-modular harmony; and if nothing else to take a break from the "normal people world."

im not a addict "bodies shaking" i know when too stop " arms twitching" when i want too.....AAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! new eps!!!!!!!!!!!

When it comes to addiction I think it is prudent to make the distinction between chemical addiction and the psychological addictions people can have (gambling being the classic example). Yes people will say all addictions involve chemicals (due to hormones or whatnot) but it is still not the same. Alcohol/drug addiction is different because the chemical in those cases comes from an external source unlike say gambling where it is all to do with hormones/psychological make-up of the person.

Can anime be addictive? If you believe that gambling is an addiction then the answer has got to be a yes. Any activity that can provide a positive emotional response has the potential to be addictive. And as Warita as already stated: some people are more dependent and therefore more susceptible to being addicted than others. However these people are a small minority and I am guessing about 95% of all regular anime viewers (I am not including casual viewers here) watch anime for enjoyment and are not actually addicted to it. In my eyes anime becomes a addiction if you watch so much anime that it has a negative impact on other areas of life such as education/work or social life. If a person continues to watch anime for a prolonged period of time despite those negative consequences then in my eyes they have a addiction. But that is just my opinion.

You are not alone! I'm addicted too and also to the computer surfing through the i-net! ;P

Others are addicted to Twilight, Johnny Depp, to a band or someone else... I'm addicted to Anime!! I have no problem with that!!

QUOTE (Mune @ Mar 27 2006, 11:32 AM) I watched all 26 episodes of "Fruits Basket" in one day O.O"
Yeah well~
laugh.gif
I'm an anime freak!!!~
ph34r.gif

DARN IT IT TOOK ME TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anime causes addiction totally I LOVE anime I dont know how many anime ive watched in total( I sould start keeping track)and im getting addicted

In my case, yup, anime can AND did cause addiction. Although i had a 2 year break.
Watching steins gate from 1-26 in 1 day was my latest feat on the crazy part
tongue.gif

But, it's also true that it is an "escape mechanism". Well, people have many opinions of that...

And then there are people who have a perfectly normal life, they have a job, a girlfriend, family and kids.... and they still like anime.

With me it might of started as a escape thing, there were many things happening in my life at that point and I felt how anime is literally drawing me in, making me forget the outside world. At some point though the reality came knocking on my door and I let it in. You cannot hide from the real world forever and I felt it wouldnt do me any service, if I did try that.

At the moment I think I am watching anime simply because there isnt much else on TV to watch. I refuse to be fed most of the crap the TV throws our way ..... and sometimes I ask myself, why I consider anime better. Is it the fantasy elements? Is it the japanese culture.... is it the way the stories unfold? Is it the comedy? I dont really know, but I enjoy it and unless the quality takes a drastic turn for the worse, I probably wont quit.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back