Do You Wish, You Were Japanese?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Do you wish, you were Japanese?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
i would actually hate being japanese...watching anime and Jap AV is enough for me

I think it would be interesting, but hard of course because learn all the staff like how to write letters and so on.
smile.gif
smile.gif

I would love to learn the language and spend some time basking in some Japanese culture, maybe living there for a while. But would I really be Japanese for real? Well, no. There are things I don't like about my native culture (I'm English) but there are also bad things about Japanese culture too. Although the country has made a lot of progress, there are still a few ways of life over there that seem a little old fashioned and I like the equality here.
There's another big problem though - most Japanese food sounds awful to me, I can't stand seafood!
tongue.gif

QUOTE (rei-a-yuy @ Sep 04 2006, 07:31 PM) Although the country has made a lot of progress, there are still a few ways of life over there that seem a little old fashioned and I like the equality here.
There's another big problem though - most Japanese food sounds awful to me, I can't stand seafood!
tongue.gif

Well news flash for everyone who is not Japanese, even if you wish you were Japanese you can never be it because you are born into the life that you have. There is no equality in "this" country you speak of because if there was, there will be world peace everywhere.

You can watch a shooting star fall or find a magic lamp and wish you were Japanese but your wish will not be granted. Dye your hair black and use brown contacts (if you don't have brown eyes) and you still can't be Japanese! Find a Japanese girlfriend and speak fluent Japanese and you are still NOT JAPANESE!

The only thing I wish is everyone to be themselves and not be something they are not. Trying to be a wannabe Japanese person would be the most embarassing thing to your culture.

Also seafood is very good for you, its a shame that you hate seafood. Fish gives you nutrients and keeps you active with a healthy life. also good memory too.

Save a life, save a kitty, since you have brought great shame to saying you hate seafood. You just killed a kitten by saying that.

i dont wish to become a japanese but i sure wish to be born and raised in japan....

i dont have to read subtitles anymore... the subtitles makes the video less attractive

Mmm....good question.

Overall I would have to say I love America and the oppurtunities that are here far too much to wish I lived over there and I am not sure I would enjoy the extreme parental pressure that is common among Japanese.

Honestly I would have to say I do often wish I could speak/read Japanese fluently but the thought of living over there is not a very appealing one once you look into their current economic and social structure is and the problems they are having right now.

QUOTE (doofus123)well, i dont have a particular character in mind; but i'd like to be the kind of character who always gets surrounded by pretty girls
Yup I know what you mean....harem type anime...lol...somehow I expected you to say something like that....
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

It seems like everyone here doesn't wish to be Japanese and just speak fluent Japanese which is cool.

I would say the same but my asian background is very similar to that of Japanese as in the "asian connection"...what I'm trying to say is that Japan is pretty much a variation of my parent's country (I was born in the UK by the way) and my mother tongue is way harder to learn in terms of speech, writing and reading............u could even say that Japanese is way easier to learn than my mother's tongue. When I said the "asian connection"......I mean the culture have their similarities like some foods like rice water (more commonly known as "sake" in japan....."sake" could also mean alcohol as well). Oh yeah, my mother tongue's cinema-world, main superstar has a fanbase in Japan......which is very funny......didn't really expect it but it actually does.

For now I won't completely reveal my identity coz it'll reveal the meaning in my name, "JCDranzer"..................so for now......all I'll say is that I'm asian.

Of course I voted for "NO"...................but yeah gradually getting better in my japanese.............I'm gonna go Japan this year..anyone from the UK wanna join, going with a group of 5 friends.........most of us are otakus.

ByeBye

No. If I were Japanese, all these things that I can appreciate as an outsider would not even make a dent in my consciousness, as I wouldn't know what they are. If you grow up with certain things, you take them for granted (ie: eating utensils like knife and spoon), therefore they become invisible.

I so could not just chop-stick my way through meal after meal. I need food utensil like a spoon and fork too. Are the good old-fashioned just hands. I am too lazy to take my shoes off everytime i enter someone's home. Plus I have seen some krusty feet and i would prefer them keep their shoes on when they come to my place
laugh.gif
in those situations.

I just can't imagine just being Japanese. I bow my head and thank them graciously for anime and various technologies and products that we use but that why mess with a good thing hehehe
rolleyes.gif

JCD I tried to read your post but I just had no clue where you were going but that's okay I'm sure some of my posts have the same effect
wink.gif

Hum, I do find the Japanese people and their culture fascinating.....big fan of their style of food as well. But I have never aspired to be Japanese as I find some of their beliefs and traditions and views foreign. I like who I am and I love my culture and people. Nevertheless, I would like to know the Japanese language and have a little vacation home in one of their more pristine and less travelled areas, with a spectacular view of Mt. Fuji. Having a handsome, Japanese male servant would not be bad either.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Mar 05 2007, 04:16 PM)... I would like to know the Japanese language and have a little vacation home in one of their more pristine and less travelled areas, with a spectacular view of Mt. Fiji. Having a handsome, Japanese male servant would not be bad either.Oi, Imtakes! Hang on to that though! And when you do achieve it (much better than achieving bankai!
wink.gif
) let me know and I'll definitely come and visit. Just make sure is in Kyoto, and I'll definitely be there when the sakura tree blooms! (btw, may I have my own handsome male servant too... pleawse?)

On the other hand, Sao Paolo, Brazil is not too bad a place. It has the largest Japanese population outside Japan... Who says you can't samba AND sushi?
laugh.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif

QUOTE (orofena-chan @ Mar 05 2007, 01:55 PM) Oi, Imtakes! Hang on to that though! And when you do achieve it (much better than achieving bankai!
wink.gif
) let me know and I'll definitely come and visit. Just make sure is in Kyoto, and I'll definitely be there when the sakura tree blooms! (btw, may I have my own handsome male servant too... pleawse?)

On the other hand, Sao Paolo, Brazil is not too bad a place. It has the largest Japanese population outside Japan... Who says you can't samba AND sushi?
laugh.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Yes, having my little abode at the foot of Mt. Fuji, with a handsome male Japanese servant, is my dream of being me, but living the good life, Japanese style.
laugh.gif
And yes, Comadre, when that dream becomes reality, you and a few others, will be invited to come and rest your weary selves here.........until then, we must endure the hardships of FTV!!!!!
tongue.gif

Well i'm happy with what i am but sometimes i wish i was japanese and sometimes i just wish i was in japan.Hopefully i'll be going to japan for a month or so but just want to spend at a week or so in Tokyo then other cities cuase anime has showd me all the shit happens there. I just realized i think i wrote this somewhere anyway
wink.gif

I think it would've been fun to be Japanese, instead i'm gonna learn the language. I think that will be a big task, since they have many ways of saying a word or sentence. Pluss i would sound funny speaking jap. Well... that's just me an my opinnion,LATEZ!!!!!!!

I wish I knew more about japanese culture and could speak/read the language, but actually being japanese? hmmmm....................
unsure.gif

I think I'm happy with my pale white skin and red hair. Maybe I'll just stick to learning the language and I know my university has a japanese pop culture course, which I will try to take when I get the chance. Then there is the possibility of studying abroad in Japan, which would be an amazing thing to do. The only problem is the Mechanical Engineering curriculum isn't very easy to move things around with. My schedule is pretty much set up until I graduate and it's hard to move things around. If I were to study abroad it may end up in me having to take extra courses during the summer or something so that I can get all the classes necessary with my major.

i want to learn abour japan always have because of ninjas anime and my families names

Jason
Ashley
Pete
Alison
Nick

always loved that

but yeah i dont want to be japanese, i like being mistaken for being halfcast its awesome^^'

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back