Do You Wish, You Were Japanese?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Do you wish, you were Japanese?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

InuyashaX

-Hokage
Kouhai
It's hard being an anime fan in North America or anywhere else other than Japan. Living a life of subtitles and shitty dubs. If only i were Japanese, i could watch an endless amount of anime and understand it perfectly, i some times wish i were Japanese, do you?

QUOTE (InuyashaX @ Aug 22 2006, 08:00 PM) It's hard being an anime fan in North America or anywhere else other than Japan. Living a life of subtitles and shitty dubs. If only i were Japanese, i could watch an endless amount of anime and understand it perfectly, i some times wish i were Japanese, do you?
well there's always the alternative of learning japanese and still know how to speak english fluently. so its not all that bad being an anime fan in North America

dry.gif
Hmm...I don't plan to, I love anime partly because of the novelty in hearing Japanese language, especially the "sweet-voice attack" of some female characters, without actually understanding it.
biggrin.gif

If I were Japanese and understand Japanese language, then it's like an English speaker who's watching anime in English dub version. Since many anime fans in North America hate anime in dub version, which is spoken in their first language, so I don't think I'd appreciate anime the same way as I do right now if I were born Japanese in the first place.

Im proud of who I am but you can fix that problem by learning Japanese and you will be fine!!! I would like to have unlimited access to anime as well as the next otaku but you were born the way you are for a reason enjoy it your different!!!

I'd rather be thought of as a freaky foreign-otaku than be shunned for being a native otaku
laugh.gif
Plus I agree with Paganini, part of the reason I like anime is being able to hear Japanese, and if I was a native speaker, that joy would be taken away.

i agree with thug. being japanese does have advantages, yes, but it also has disadvantages. that's why you can just gain something from it without losing anything.

Well I wouldn't want to be Japanese, but I wanna know the language of Japanese. So I can understand the words alot better when watching the anime series and reading the Manga series. XD

i don't want to be japanese... as long as i can keep watching anime....

if there's no more anime in my country, maybe i want to be a japanese people....
tongue.gif

QUOTE (InuyashaX @ Aug 22 2006, 11:00 PM)If only i were Japanese, i could watch an endless amount of anime and understand it perfectly, You can learn japanease and the same result would be accomplished.

Beside, being japanease is far more than speaking a language. It is a culture and a lot of other things. Personnaly, I am very proud of who I am and where I come from. I would not trade it for anything else.

QUOTE (Paganini @ Aug 22 2006, 11:34 PM)then it's like an English speaker who's watching anime in English dub version. Since many anime fans in North America hate anime in dub version, which is spoken in their first language, so I don't think I'd appreciate anime the same way as I do right now if I were born Japanese in the first place. It is not that english speaker hate watching it in their native tongue. My first language is not english, yet I don't like dubs. What people don't like is the fact it is translated.

For instance, I always watch american movies in english because that is how they were made. But when I watch something from Quebec, there is no way I would watch it in english. I want the original french version.

Why? Simply because when an author writes something, he is thinking in a specific language. When you translate, you loose the subtility. Some double meaning and word play are lost.

I'd be too scared to live in Japan, the thought of Kim Jong-Ill cackling over the map of where I live each night is a tad unsettling.

Nope! I'm fine the way I am ^^
I don't wish to be Japanese!! But I would really like it if I was born on Pluto.

i'm also fine the way i am.. i will become a little more japanese in the future, but i'll always be portuguese above anything else ;P

Yea... I don't know if I'd go as far to say I wish I was Japanese but I'd definately like to know more about their culture and language. I plan on taking either Japanese or Chinese in college. I haven't made up my mind yet.

I voted yes but I'm thinking on the level of simply being a citizen of Japan. It took me too long to get my goatie this way and I rather like being tall.

Didn't vote yet, but I'd say more upon part Japanese or just being able to understand the language. Let's just say my gut tells me that and that I like my current heritage.
biggrin.gif

I would prefer to be american, thw way I am now. Why? Because I look forward to learning Nihongo, becoming familiar with its culture, and getting to the point where someone says "Woa, your Japanese is soo good, yet your a foriener!" Probabbly because I would never even reveal that I knew the language until I obliterated 70% of my accent. I really don't want to appear as an otaku, simply by my dress or speech.

So in the end it comes down to the sense of wonder one acheives while exploring a new culture.

i don`t wish to be japanese , i only wish i could speak japanese :>

QUOTE (wceend)i don`t wish to be japanese , i only wish i could speak japanese :>
Same thing for me here. I just wish I could speak and understand japanese. That would be enough for me, then I could watch the raws without needing the subs.
biggrin.gif

I think when I was younger I wanted to be Japanese, but learning more about their culture and such, I'd prefer to stay where I am. I love my steak and chicken too much. *hordes food* Though.. sticky rice is a fun finger food... :3

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back