Do you smoke or do drugs?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Have your ever smoked or did drugs?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never

• Sometimes

• I quit

• Once in a blue moon

• I did it once and never again

• Total voters
Nope I've never done any of the stuff mentioned because I never found a need to do so. I understand that some people drink to help alleviate stress and others smoke/chew tobacco to do the same, but I've always found solutions to my problems without resorting to ingesting or smoking foreign objects.

I tried weed when I was 15 and didn't like how it affected me and made a promise to myself to never smoke again.

Then recently 1 year ago, my boyfriend (husband now) decided to try some weed with his friends and we all got hooked together because we had so much fun. So for about a year i'd been hooked on it and just recently, in april of 09 i had to quit because i started to get really bad chest pain whenever i would smoke, and it got to the point where the chest pain was constant, all day, even when i wasn't smoking.

I'm glad I quit, i was really addicted to the feeling that it gave me. I'm still having chest pains and I've racked up so many doctor bills and noone knows why i'm having these chest pains. I regret ever getting hooked, but i've learned my lesson.

QUOTE (~Cheza~[R.M] @ Sep 15 2009, 12:46 PM) I tried weed when I was 15 and didn't like how it affected me and made a promise to myself to never smoke again.

Then recently 1 year ago, my boyfriend (husband now) decided to try some weed with his friends and we all got hooked together because we had so much fun. So for about a year i'd been hooked on it and just recently, in april of 09 i had to quit because i started to get really bad chest pain whenever i would smoke, and it got to the point where the chest pain was constant, all day, even when i wasn't smoking.

I'm glad I quit, i was really addicted to the feeling that it gave me. I'm still having chest pains and I've racked up so many doctor bills and noone knows why i'm having these chest pains. I regret ever getting hooked, but i've learned my lesson.
and your husband, still smoking?

QUOTE (warita200 @ Sep 15 2009, 01:24 PM) and your husband, still smoking?
well for the most part, yes. he really stopped doing it by himself about two/three weeks ago. but every now and then when his brother comes over, he'll smoke with him. which i dont mind, it doesn't bother me really, especially since i no longer get the temptation.

My ex boyfriend smoked weed too. He started when he was 11...... yes eleven. Anyways, I guess it takes a certain type of personality to stay addicted to the stuff for such a long time even though quite obviously its not good for you. OK, a lot of people believe, there is no addiction to weed. Maybe not in the physical sense of the word, however a lot of people cant stop smoking it, because of the feeling it gives them. My ex supposedly tried to stop. For one thing it was getting into money and he is constantly broke and for another, he said it does alter your way of thinking. He said, during the time he was smoking weed regularly, he was pretty much indifferent to anything, that was going on in his life. He was lazy and never felt like doing anything. So he saw, that weed is not good for him and supposedly stopped. But I found out later on, that he actually never really stopped, only cut down on the consumption. Maybe it causes chronical lying too, who knows?

I have the feeling that unless he realizes he has a serious problem (and I am not talking about the weed here), then his life will go down the drain very soon. I think the smoking of the weed is only a symptom of his problem. But..... its not my problem anymore.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (warita200 @ Sep 16 2009, 01:35 AM) a lot of people believe, there is no addiction to weed. Maybe not in the physical sense of the word, however a lot of people cant stop smoking it, because of the feeling it gives them.

I agree! in the physical sense, there is nothing in weed that can cause a physical addiction. It's always the feeling that gets people hooked. When I first started smoking, i only did it for fun and laughs. But after awhile, i started to lose the amount of high i would receive because we'd do it everyday. And soon enough, i wanted the same feeling i got in the beggining, so instead of stopping and then going again...i would smoke more and more. It got to the point up at the end that all i thought about was weed. "oh god i cant wait to go home an smoke" that was all i thought about! but i'm so glad i quit. But it sucks that it took health problems for me to realize my problem.

i don't smoke but i have a friend that smokes and my parents smoke and mostly alot of kids in my school smoke

QUOTE (sayonara solitia @ Feb 07 2010, 04:34 AM) u have to be absolutely stupid to take drugs ... i look down on all ppl who does that unless of course, they do it because of the medical reasons.
So do you look down on all the people who drink alcohol a lot too? I don't smoke or use drugs but I think that you could let people use weed as medicine.

QUOTE (hashiriya @ Feb 07 2010, 05:59 AM) I don't smoke or use drugs but I think that you could let people use weed as medicine.
Didnt he say JUST THAT?

QUOTE (warita200 @ Feb 07 2010, 06:22 AM) Didnt he say JUST THAT?
First of all, no. Secondly, what's wrong with sharing opinions?

QUOTE (sayonara solitia @ Feb 07 2010, 04:34 AM)u have to be absolutely stupid to take drugs ... i look down on all ppl who does that unless of course, they do it because of the medical reasons.
I disagree with this mode of thought. I don't personally do drugs, but I don't look down on people just because they do drugs. Sure, those who use drugs to avoid responsibility, as an excuse, or as a means of hurting someone else, I don't have much respect for them. However, I think people have the right to "pick their own poison", as it were. If someone can find comfort (or whatever they're looking for) from some substance, and they're willing to accept whatever other effects it will have on them, then I don't have a huge problem with it.

Sure, if someone close to me starts self-destructing on some drug, I'd want them to stop, since they could be a lot happier and healthier without it, but it wouldn't make me a better person than them.

QUOTE (EggBeast @ Feb 07 2010, 04:37 PM) First of all, no. Secondly, what's wrong with sharing opinions?

Actually he said, that people who do it out of medical reasons are an exception. Either that or I forgot my english. I checked his post once more..... and I am correct.

Sharing opinion is of course welcome, but when you wish to post a contrary opinion to somebody elses post, maybe reading his post properly is a good idea. I dont mean to start a fight, so please dont flame me.

QUOTE (warita200 @ Feb 07 2010, 05:22 PM) Actually he said, that people who do it out of medical reasons are an exception. Either that or I forgot my english. I checked his post once more..... and I am correct.
Oh, I only checked the part that you quoted. Still, the main sense I got from it was that hashiriya was asking solitia if he looks down on drinkers too. It's all a matter of semantics, and at any rate, it's nothing for any of us to get snappy about. FTV is a happy place.
smile.gif

how can u accept ppl, that take drugs (excluding alcohol, coffee and other drinks that may be used very commonly) ??? seriously??? i find it extremely hard to believe that using drugs has any positives except for any medical purposes... Drugs cannot possibly enhance one's lifestyle, it's totally impossible unless they do it under extremely controlled situations with parental guidance, but who exactly does that these days >???? if everybody in the world stopped using drugs that r used for recreational/social purposes, im sure this world would become much safer place to live on. for those ppl that think using recretional drugs r fun/cool/enjoyable, u probably havent thought of many disadvantages for gaining the so called "enjoyable experince" that are possibly very small when you look it from the bigger picture.
sad.gif

QUOTE (sayonara solitia @ Feb 07 2010, 11:43 PM)how can u accept ppl, that take drugs (excluding alcohol, coffee and other drinks that may be used very commonly) ??? seriously???
I can accept them because many of them are interesting, brilliant, generous, loving people. I have friends who take drugs; some only on occasion, while other do it quite frequently, and they're all good people. They're decision to take drugs doesn't affect my opinion of them in the slightest. It's not like they're good people *in spite* of taking substance. They're just good people who happen to take substance now and again. Sure, if my more drug-prone friends continue that kind of lifestyle, they could shorten their lives, and their habits could lead to some level of brain-damage, but for many people, there's more to life than simply living for a really long time. Overall, though, good people are good people, whether or not they decide to take drugs, and obnoxious people are obnoxious people, whether or not they take drugs.

You've got to understand also that not all drugs are hardcore, mind-shredding substances either. Many only make your body feel relaxed and content, others make you feel "focused" and calm, but still leave your mental faculties completely intact. Sure, there are some crazy drugs out there that you should avoid, since they could make you go completely crazy, and leave you waking up in a dumpster with no memory of how you got there, but that's usually due to a combination of taking it in extreme excess, being completely irresponsible, and being ridiculously over-indulgent, and the vast majority of people who take any kind of substance don't go anywhere near that kind of activity.

I'm not trying to advocate for drug-usage here. Not at all. Drug abuse, as you're perfectly aware, seriously messes people up, and causes a lot of problems, but "drug abuse" and "drug usage" are very different things. I just don't think it's right to condescend to those who choose to take substance. They're still human beings and should be judged by their merits as human beings.

Also it really depends on what kind of drugs you are talking about. There are possibly over thousands of drugs out there illegal and prescription. Statistics show that a larger amount of people die to prescribed drugs, drugs that your families might take such as a pain killer, treatment for fibromyalgia, ADHD, ADD etc, compared to illegal drugs that most people find repulsive and irresponsible.

does smoking cigarette count

I don't look down on people who smoke or do drugs or whatever else (in moderation). I DO look down on people who break the law though. And seeing that the majority of people who do drugs break the law...yeah, I look down on them.
Putting law aside (assuming said drugs were legal, for example), if a person were to use those drugs I wouldn't look down on them so long as they didn't do it in excess to the point where it damages them either through their lifestyle, financially, or their actual LIFE. That said, I don't find smoking, doing drugs, or drinking in excess to be at all attractive. For me, it's a big turn-off for various reasons. A drink here and there is fine, getting so drunk you can't walk straight on a regular basis is not.

Personally, I have never done any drugs (at least, not drugs in the sense of what is being discussed), nor have I ever smoked. I plan to never do either. I have drunk alcohol before, though I've never been drunk. Personally, I don't see what the big deal is (both with drinking and drugs). I feel that if you're using it as an escape mechanism then there are many much safer, healthier (more legal) options. If you're using it b/c it's cool...that's just stupid... As for the effects of using them...why would someone want to get dizzy, be unable to think/see/walk straight, pass out (after throwing up), wake up, have a hangover, and have trouble remembering the previous night? Drugs tend to have similar effects plus a couple and possibly minus one or two. I don't see anything attractive about any of that...then add in addiction and yeah...

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back